• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Murometz

Neo Member
Save platinum for Orokin Reactors, Orokin Catalysts and (to a lesser extent) Forma. If you're running around in an un-potatoed Warframe you are doing it wrong. Weapons you don't need to worry about potatoing until you're sure you want to keep them, but Warframes should be done ASAP!

If you want a color pack make sure to just get one of them and stick with it. I went with the saturated one. It has basically everything I'd want or need.

Do NOT buy any of the scarves. Learn from my mistakes. I bought all of them and have now come to despise them. They're really annoying to look at while you're playing. Stupid shit flailing around all over the place. I don't keep any scarf equipped now even though I own all three. What a waste!

Orokin Reactors, Orokin Catalysts & Forma. That's where your platinum should go.

Well, and maybe the affinity booster if you put more money into the game. I definitely don't regret that one. ;-)

Forma blueprints drop in the void often, definitely buy some extra space for frames and weapons.

Helscream

Banned
I always laugh when the Warframe tab on the XMB notifies you a player on your friends list was killed by the stalker. Also my Glaive Prime has has finished building.

Murometz

Neo Member
Potatoing is adding an orokin reactor or catalyst to weapon or frame to give them twice the points (max 60 instead of 30). There's no cross play yet as PC is a few patches ahead.

Xater

What the hell is potatoing? :D

Also, is it possible to move/copy pc characters to PS4 now?

A potato is an Orokin Reactor or an Orokin Catalyst. With those you can double the energy for mods available for your frame or weapon.

BTW I bought the Strun after all and I don#t know but at low level this gun is pretty so far. Will probably be even better once it's leveled up and I can put a lot of mods in it. Will be a nice gun to have until I can get the Hek.

A potato is an Orokin Reactor or an Orokin Catalyst. With those you can double the energy for mods available for your frame or weapon.

BTW I bought the Strun after all and I don#t know but at low level this gun is pretty so far. Will probably be even better once it's leveled up and I can put a lot of mods in it. Will be a nice gun to have until I can get the Hek.

the Strun is the one you can nab w/ credits right? i might do that as i hit both the 75k & 100k alerts yesterday.

and i just read if you drop platinum to buy a warframe, it has the golden potato pre-installed?

Ok, I'm getting reemed by some kind of sword glitch and it is absolutely ruining the game for me. Every now and then, seemingly at random, when I'm aiming/shooting, my dude decides to start swinging his sword around left and right wildly, doing no damage. I could be shooting at someone across the map and suddenly Im swinging my sword around getting shot. The only thing that stops the animation of swinging is to press the melee button. This adds even more time of not shooting/getting shot as I have to wait for an entire sword swing before I can act again.

The whole thing takes at least 3 seconds and it fucking sucks. It seems to be happening more often lately and it has cost me a life a few times. I don't even know how to do it on command, just randomly when I absolutely don't want it to happen. I don't even know what spawned this, it only started last night. Not the result of a new patch, I even disconnected/reconnected the controller and it STILL persists. I can't believe how much it pisses me off.

WHAT DO?

There are way too few people doing missions on Europa. I want to get those Nova blueprints. Come on guys!
I couldn't get to Europa because of those operations. While they're in progress you don't seem to be able to progress beyond them, if you haven't unlocked those further missions yet.

Its another reason why I haven't been able to score a control module yet.

Xater

the Strun is the one you can nab w/ credits right? i might do that as i hit both the 75k & 100k alerts yesterday.

and i just read if you drop platinum to buy a warframe, it has the golden potato pre-installed?

Yeah it's the one you can get with credits. The Hek is definitely better but if you are looking for an interim shotgun this will do the job.

Yeah if you buy a Warframe with platinum you get a reactor and a slot.

I couldn't get to Europa because of those operations. While they're in progress you don't seem to be able to progress beyond them, if you haven't unlocked those further missions yet.

Its another reason why I haven't been able to score a control module yet.

Huh, didn't know that. Might be the reason why there are so few people. You should do tower survival if you have a key. Did a 30 something minute run today and found 9 control modules.

Xater

You can only trade mod, keys and platinum.

This Banshee helmet just doesn't want to drop.

Where are you trying to get the Banshee helmet? I would come along to level up these new weapons for my Rhino that isn't ready yet.

Pop

Where are you trying to get the Banshee helmet? I would come along to level up these new weapons for my Rhino that isn't ready yet.

Xini, been farming on and off for weeks now.

Just wanted to share my frames

oYg7CQo.jpg

cl2mhFk.jpg

rOOkWi3.jpg

SnakeEyes

Banned
I posted in Clan Chat in-game this morning, but has anyone else discovered the Titan Extractor blueprint in the market yet? Fairly cheap to build and you let it go on a planet and it gets resources for you! I built it overnight and let it go while I went out (it's on a 4hr timer).

HORRORSHØW

I posted in Clan Chat in-game this morning, but has anyone else discovered the Titan Extractor blueprint in the market yet? Fairly cheap to build and you let it go on a planet and it gets resources for you! I built it overnight and let it go while I went out (it's on a 4hr timer).
Whoa. Is this a new thing? I'm gonna have to check it out.

Xater

I should try that.

Also another operation with 75k payout just started.

Yeah it's the one you can get with credits. The Hek is definitely better but if you are looking for an interim shotgun this will do the job.

Yeah if you buy a Warframe with platinum you get a reactor and a slot.

Man, i had no idea about that. Silly me, not reading up as much as i should.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Grimløck;93672059 said:
Whoa. Is this a new thing? I'm gonna have to check it out.
Yeah must have been a hidden addition in Update 11. I'll report back after the first run's finished because it doesn't say what sort of quantities of resources to expect.

Yeah must have been a hidden addition in Update 11. I'll report back after the first run's finished because it doesn't say what sort of quantities of resources to expect.

It was hidden away in the patch notes somewhere in the middle. I've completed a few cycles, got around 300ish ferrite a couple times, and 200 rubido once. I'm guessing the red bar above the timer is health, mine has dropped about 10% so far. At least the blueprint is reusable.

SnakeEyes

Banned
It was hidden away in the patch notes somewhere in the middle. I've completed a few cycles, got around 300ish ferrite a couple times, and 200 rubido once. I'm guessing the red bar above the timer is health, mine has dropped about 10% so far. At least the blueprint is reusable.
Yeah, it's Health - the description says you have to monitor it because they can be destroyed while on runs.

foxdvd

so I got a question...how do you use a forma on a weapon? I read the wiki and even watched a video on youtube but the ps4 version is not the same. It is not showing up like the catalyst does when I am working on my weapons. I know I have a forma.

so I got a question...how do you use a forma on a weapon? I read the wiki and even watched a video on youtube but the ps4 version is not the same. It is not showing up like the catalyst does when I am working on my weapons. I know I have a forma.

Forma can only be used on a weapon and or warframe at level 30

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
If it isn't showing up, your weapon isn't level 30.

Gotta say I do miss seeing those elemental effects proccing all the time. Was just remarking on how much flavor that added before update 11 hit.

So what used to happen all the time now happens maybe 1% of the time unless you mod slot for status effect chance?

And one question about difficulty. Most missions I can solo and have fun doing so running either on more own or with some close friends, but what the hell is up with defense and survival missions? Their difficulty seems through the roof compared to the missions they're next to. And if anything damage 2.0 just made things much more difficult for the newer player since status effects are much rarer.

I doubt any of this is affecting high levels players who have more options open to them, but for a new casual player it can get rough.

Pop

Gotta say I do miss seeing those elemental effects proccing all the time. Was just remarking on how much flavor that added before update 11 hit.

So what used to happen all the time now happens maybe 1% of the time unless you mod slot for status effect chance?

And one question about difficulty. Most missions I can solo and have fun doing so running either on more own or with some close friends, but what the hell is up with defense and survival missions? Their difficulty seems through the roof compared to the missions they're next to. And if anything damage 2.0 just made things much more difficult for the newer player since status effects are much rarer.

I doubt any of this is affecting high levels players who have more options open to them, but for a new casual player it can get rough.

Defense and survival are harder. So are Tower runs now.

I believe this was addressed some in the new updates after 11 on the pc.

Top Bottom