• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

smr00

Banned
Did they ever implement Mouse/Keyboard on the PS4 version? I remember the dev team saying PS4 users will have the option to use M/KB or Controller.

tehPete

Banned
Did they ever implement Mouse/Keyboard on the PS4 version? I remember the dev team saying PS4 users will have the option to use M/KB or Controller.

I'd love this to happen, but then again I'm finding that I'm almost as quick with the controller nowadays; I've never felt so cool getting round an environment as I do in this game.

ParityBit

You do all the missions from Earth that connect to it. There is no secret to it.

I like it, but it still has some issues on PS4 which will probably be solved over time. Why don't you just try it since it's free?

Because it is F2P and i wanted to know if I should spend my time or not.

Tonight when i'm done work, try to fiddle w/ network settings and get my PS4 into NAT type 2 (feeling really burned out by this, asus forums/isp couldn't solve it, even rocking custom firmware now and still no luck). Then when i'm quickly exhausted by that, time to farm the Rhino systems until they drop and start construction on that beauty and maybe spend a bit of platinum on a new warframe/primary weapon as a treat. I think i'll be going with Nova as i feel Trinity/Rhino/Nova would be a fun, diverse set to run.

The best thing about it is probably the status of your squad. Will make Trinity probably ore popular frame.

You probably know, but you can enable player health bars in the PS4 version in the system settings. For whatever reason it won't stay on, and seems to layer above the who is talking but when i'm on Trinity i keep it on. Not as detailed as in the UI shot you posted, it shows shields as a number, and health as a number and bar.

molnizzle

So, this is happening now. Other clan members should join the "campaign" too. =P

W7ul14t.png

When ever i use it , i slide i never roll so far.

I had this issue for a long time too. It's a user error! You have to hold L1 to slide, tap to roll.

Not yet. I'd love that though...

Even if that never happens though, DE has said that full controller button mapping is coming to PS4 in a future update. That in itself will be pretty rad.

No idea what I'm missing earth shows 11/11 but all of Jupiter is still locked

It's a known issue because of the Hunt for Alad V event. New players are basically locked at Earth until the event is completed.

True story. This is a real bug. New players can't progress past Earth.

Digital Extremes y'all!

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Finally built a sentinel and kind of regret it. It's handy and all, but I hate seeing it on my screen when in combat.

IvorB

Just did that tough-as-nails Vesper mission and made it all the way through and realised you need to carry all the datamasses to the extraction. Of course died trying to rush back and pick them up again. F**k.

Couldn't get any help. Everyone who joined the game just went running into the middle of the sh*t storm and dying where there was no hope of being revived. Then they check out. Think I might try with a mic next time so I can at least warn people. Bah! Good fun though.

HORRORSHØW

Just did that tough-as-nails Vesper mission and made it all the way through and realised you need to carry all the datamasses to the extraction. Of course died trying to rush back and pick them up again. F**k.

Couldn't get any help. Everyone who joined the game just went running into the middle of the sh*t storm and dying where there was no hope of being revived. Then they check out. Think I might try with a mic next time so I can at least warn people. Bah! Good fun though.
I hate the Spy missions the most. If you're playing solo, you're relegated to using your secondary or melee because you have to carry the datamass. If you run out of secondary ammo you automatically switch to your primary, dropping the datamass. Sometimes when you drop it it glitches and the datamass disappears.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Man Raptor is an awful boss. Not because it is difficult but because we ran out of ammo. Because the thing is flying you can't attack it with melee. well maybe if you had the glaive but non of us had that thing. Now I still need to do him at least two more times for the Nova blueprints. Ugh....

Also the coming Warframe has been posted in here but I don#t think the mock up of the new HUD which I very much like:

bildschirmfoto2013-12kein2.png

oh man that is some great HUD.

Missing out on that Aura :(

This is why you need a Vita! If you could at least remote play into the game you could idle while I run the mission. ;-)

I actually have a vita and can play at work, but with my damn network at home i can't get my vita to play over internet remote play. I'll have it fixed soon hopefully, or shoot myself, or buy a new router.

desverger

Got my hands on the Gorgon today.. I'm sure it'll get better with mods, but for now, it's just an impressive bullet hose :p

Also, building a Vauban! Yay!

Ughhh just had some randoms give me shit over an alert..one of the levels where you have to exterminate the infested.. they all ran to the extraction point leaving me to clear through mobs.. but because we hadn't wiped out enough for the mission complete they had to come back.. in which 2 of them died.. and because of this they started giving me shit over chat..

atpbx

Got my hands on the Gorgon today.. I'm sure it'll get better with mods, but for now, it's just an impressive bullet hose :p

Also, building a Vauban! Yay!

I got that as a log in reward this morning, its being built as we speak.

Got another day and a half to wait for Rhino to be finished as well.

Helscream

Banned
Ughhh just had some randoms give me shit over an alert..one of the levels where you have to exterminate the infested.. they all ran to the extraction point leaving me to clear through mobs.. but because we hadn't wiped out enough for the mission complete they had to come back.. in which 2 of them died.. and because of this they started giving me shit over chat..

Some people will just fly through the level as fast as possible which can be a serious issue in the void. Leaving way too many enemies alive will make the game FPS/lag even worse. Next time if you need help just ask in clan chat. Public games will be worse now with the damage 2.0 now so its best to group up with the clan. If there is an alert just ask around. Especially if its for an important aura mod like energy siphon I will kill everyone for you.

Helscream

Banned
How's the new patch guys?

Yay or nay?

Well they made some neat improvements to the UI, but they still need to polish it more. For example if you choose to display players health bars in the bottom left of the screen. It will obscure text chat and the text that displays when you receive a reward in survival. So after a few lines of text you can't see what the person is typing.

They changed the crouched/slide mechanic. Now you hold L1 to slide and release to stop when sprinting. If your are running at normal pace holding L1 will make you crouch. Which is alot better IMO.

The invasion mechanic is kind of neat. I like the idea, but it needs more "scale". Playing in a p2p room with only 4 players doesn't make it feel like its an invasion your having to fight back. However I do like it as a effort to get the community to work together considering the rewards are a nice payoff for your efforts when the invasion is successfully pushed back.

The damage 2.0 of course is the most jarring change. There doesn't really seem to be a gray area in terms of damage. Its just black and white. Your either doing incredible damage or very little. It kinda sucks for the PS4 community because compared to the PC community you have a lot of players who have accumulated most of what they need to adapt to the changes. Where as players in the PS4 community is less established. Some players may have weapons that mostly do one damage type and will have to potato/forma more weapons so they have a load out for each faction. I like the idea of them trying to adding complexity to the combat so that just your not just using a gun with bigger numbers. Its a cool idea, but hopefully they fine tune it more as time progresses.

Also the ability to trade now is great. Really helps give people an alternative to numb hours of grinding.

How do the awards work for the alert missions?

I played the mission where you had to play it 5 times to get 3 orkin reactors and I did that but didn't get any rewards except the usual rewards for completing the match.

Also if I'm in a squad and we compete a mission then proceed to a random other mission does it flag this mission as complete even if it was a locked mission at a much higher level?

HORRORSHØW

How do the awards work for the alert missions?

I played the mission where you had to play it 5 times to get 3 orkin reactors and I did that but didn't get any rewards except the usual rewards for completing the match.

Also if I'm in a squad and we compete a mission then proceed to a random other mission does it flag this mission as complete even if it was a locked mission at a much higher level?
The rewards for the operations are paid out once it reaches 100% for the specific node. For your second question, I think yes because Raptor was unlocked for me after I joined someone's game who was running it.

Grimløck;93753167 said:
The rewards for the operations are paid out once it reaches 100% for the specific node. For your second question, I think yes because Raptor was unlocked for me after I joined someone's game who was running it.

Thanks. The game is slowly making sense. Need to do some reading up on what to do with all the fusion cores and duplicate mods I have next.

Xater

Tomorrow my Rhino will be ready. Pretty excited about that. Then I need to level that frame up. The weapons for it I already leveled for a bit with my Mag.

ParityBit

Reading some reviews and things online, people say this is more pay to win. Is that true?

I played a little and enjoyed the first mission (solo). Must say the menus are not intuitive at all though! Very complex game it seems.

Reading some reviews and things online, people say this is more pay to win. Is that true?

I played a little and enjoyed the first mission (solo). Must say the menus are not intuitive at all though! Very complex game it seems.

Doesn't feel pay to win at all to me. More like "pay to get loot now, which defeats the purpose of a loot finding game". It's also principally co op, so someone else buying their warframes and weapons outright has little to no bearing on my enjoyment.

Codiox

Reading some reviews and s is more pay to win. Is that true?

Played now for 17h and didnt payed a cent for the game,so imo no,its not p2w

No it's not true. Plus it's coop so it doesn't really affect you anyway.

Definitely not P2W. It's more like "Pay2NotWait" for those with little or no patience. Everything that impacts game play is available in the game for free, you just have to play/farm/wait for it.

Things like item slots, scarves, color palettes, etc, are the only things you can't get for free currently.

HORRORSHØW

That's pretty far from the truth actually. There are a few things you can only buy with Platinum, namely weapon/frame slots, and superficial color palettes for your character. Everything else can be found in-game with a little luck and a lot of grind. That's part of the fun though.

atpbx

I bought 2 lots of platinum for £22 over the first two weeks of play as that's about the price of a full price game.

With that platinum I bought some different guns and 2 frames (I got rid of Excalibur, didn't like it, although I could of kept it as it gives you 4 more "lives" every day).

The best guns and equipment are unlocked through play, the Gorgon for instance, you can't buy that anymore and is only available as a random login reward now, it's one of the better guns in the game apparently, and isn't hideously expensive to build in regards to credits and resources.

The plans for Rhino, one of the strongest frames in the game, can be unlocked on the second set of missions buy running the boss a few times.

So no, you don't need to pay to win, but you can choose to pay to have some different guns to start with (although you don't need them).

ParityBit

Okay well it sounds like something I will really like once I figure the game out! And get some friends!

So you can only have a certain number of frames?

Top Bottom