• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Grimløck;93969952 said:
Honestly, I constantly rotate my weapons out in order to get my mastery rank up. That said, however, he is a beast with the Galatine while stealthed. I've also tried a fast melee with good critical chance, like the Dual Zorans, but I think the Galatine beats it out.

The mods make a huge difference on how the frame operates, more so than which weapons you decide to use. For Ash I'm using maxed Streamline, Flow, and Focus to spam Shurikens/Smoke Screen, as well as Redirection and Vitality to help with durability. I still need to get Continuity to make his Smoke Screen last longer. He may not be roflstomp like Rhino, but he feels like a real ninja as you throw a shuriken to an enemy's dome and then vanish with your smoke screen as you continue to chop him up.

I think Loki, ash, and excalibur are the closest thing to the traditional ninja.

I haven't played that. I would say a good, strong mix of Diablo and Mass Effect 2.

Nailed it.

ParityBit

I haven't played that. I would say a good, strong mix of Diablo and Mass Effect 2.

How do you feel it compares to Diablo? Not that I am complaining, just wondering. My scope is limited so far. The reason why, so far, it does not feel like Diablo to me is that there are no random item drops. Everything you wield, you have to get pieces for and build. I am not saying that's bad!

kaioshade

How do you feel it compares to Diablo? Not that I am complaining, just wondering. My scope is limited so far. The reason why, so far, it does not feel like Diablo to me is that there are no random item drops. Everything you wield, you have to get pieces for and build. I am not saying that's bad!

I think it is mainly the mod aspect of drops. Mods are the real meat of the drop system, and finding the right mods can be very time consuming.

IvorB

It just gives you that trance-like feeling when you are just out there murdering countless hordes of enemies with everything you've got. And there's loot. It's battling the horde, murder and loot, murder and loot, and then level up! It's very Diablo. But they've really nailed it I think because it's so moreish just like Diablo.

I would even be happy if they included more Diablo hallmarks like random sub-bosses with an entourage you can just run into in the field.

Mrcapcom

So there is a sale on Platnium on the PSN Store 370 for 14.99 I can't really beat that. I was thinking of getting that and buying maybe 2 more WarFrame slots and the Dragon Mods Pack maybe ill get Flow >_>

desverger

So there is a sale on Platnium on the PSN Store 370 for 14.99 I can't really beat that. I was thinking of getting that and buying maybe 2 more WarFrame slots and the Dragon Mods Pack maybe ill get Flow >_>

Don't gamble on the mod packs. 20 mins on a tier3 survival gives you a ~6% chance to get Flow, which is probably more than you would get from a mod pack.

Mrcapcom

Don't gamble on the mod packs. 20 mins on a tier3 survival gives you a ~6% chance to get Flow, which is probably more than you would get from a mod pack.

O really? Ok well I'll try and do that. Seems like everytime I get on everyone session is full lol Where should I go to get the Tier3 Key? Just Defense Missions?

ParityBit

I just did the 1000 Plat deal. I couldnt pass it up. I have no idea what the Mods are that come with it...

EDIT: And the PS+ pack, whatever that is too

Eyerox

I just did the 1000 Plat deal. I couldnt pass it up. I have no idea what the Mods are that come with it...

EDIT: And the PS+ pack, whatever that is too

I think this is the PS+ pack.

- 100 Platinum
- 50,000 Credits
- Falcon Mod Pack - includes 5 mods, one guaranteed to be Uncommon or better
- 3-Day Affinity Booster
- 3-Day Credit Booster

Free for PS+ members. Been up since day 1.

Semper88

I would even be happy if they included more Diablo hallmarks like random sub-bosses with an entourage you can just run into in the field.

This! they need to add random bad asses that you can run into.

Also, i've been running into 3 issues while playing.

1. Random frame drops, sometimes really bad.
2. Host migrations where the whole group gets booted and i sometimes end up being alone all the sudden.
3. hard to find a game under 150 ping.

anyone else had these issues?

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
So, can we get refunds? Just found out sentinels and Warframe can't use the same mods.

Using a Sobek isn't worth the grind so I'd rather just get my money back and use a rifle.

molnizzle

Couple of questions:

Is the platinum sale (37 bucks) a good deal? I don't mind spending cash for a game I would play. Hell I spend cash on games I never play!

Hell the fuck yes it is! That is the platinum pack that all players should buy! It will set you up nicely for the entire game if you spend it wisely.

Don't spend it on a bunch of Warframes and weapons or any other components you can easily get through farming. When you're just starting out it's okay to buy maybe one Warframe with plat, but you really shouldn't if you can manage.

Whatever you do, do not buy a weapon with platinum! You can get a few decent early upgrades using only in-game credits. The Braton rifle (not the MK-I you start with) and the Lex pistol are good choices.

Do blueprints only drop from "bosses?" I have yet to see one anyways, stupid defense mission.

Warframe component blueprints drop from bosses. Once you craft the pieces you then buy the main Warframe blueprint from the Market. Then craft! Don't waste your credits on Warframe blueprints for which you don't have the capability to farm the pieces.

Are blueprints the only way to get new items? None of the parts/weapons drop, only blue prints?

As far as Warframes and weapons are concerned, yes. You can buy weapons outright with platinum -- but you shouldn't. In-game you only get them through blueprints and then crafting in the Foundry.

If I were to join missions online, how much time do I need to invest (roughly) for a mission? I ask because of the whole newborn thing!

30-45 minutes tops if you're playing a mission at the correct level of your mods and Warframe.

molnizzle

So, can we get refunds? Just found out sentinels and Warframe can't use the same mods.

Using a Sobek isn't worth the grind so I'd rather just get my money back and use a rifle.

Yes you can, DE is pretty easy-going about it. I've gotten refunds from accidentally using Forma to get the wrong polarity, accidentally selling a blueprint I hadn't yet crafted, buying an avatar not knowing that I already had a similar one, etc. It's painless and the turnaround time is usually just a few hours, sometimes less than an hour. Just use this link to create a ticket:

https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

This! they need to add random bad asses that you can run into.

Also, i've been running into 3 issues while playing.

1. Random frame drops, sometimes really bad.
2. Host migrations where the whole group gets booted and i sometimes end up being alone all the sudden.
3. hard to find a game under 150 ping.

anyone else had these issues?

Known issues, yeah. The game is poorly optimized and has shitty netcode.

Yet here I am, hundreds of hours later...

ParityBit

Hell the fuck yes it is! That is the platinum pack that all players should buy! It will set you up nicely for the entire game if you spend it wisely.

Don't spend it on a bunch of Warframes and weapons or any other components you can easily get through farming. When you're just starting out it's okay to buy maybe one Warframe with plat, but you really shouldn't if you can manage.

Whatever you do, do not buy a weapon with platinum!. You can get a few decent early upgrades using only in-game credits. The Braton rifle (not the MK-I you start with) and the Lex pistol are good choices.

Warframe component blueprints drop from bosses. Once you craft the pieces you then buy the main Warframe blueprint from the Market. Then craft! Don't waste your credits on Warframe blueprints in which you don't have the capability to farm the pieces.

As far as Warframes and weapons are concerned, yes. You can buy weapons outright with platinum -- but you shouldn't. In-game you only get them through blueprints and crafting in the Foundry.

30-45 minutes tops if you're playing a mission at the correct level of your gear and Warframe.

Thanks for all the replies!

So I guess for now I will just let my plat hang in my pocket until I know more about the game.

I actually just looked up what a mod is, and can see how those are important, and are drops. So that is kinda cool. I should try putting some on my guy. Might make me a little more survivable. I do not even know what mods I have currently.

Can mods be added and removed for free from whatever you put them on? Do the same mods work on guns/warframes?

AndyD

aka andydumi

So I guess for now I will just let my plat hang in my pocket until I know more about the game.

I actually just looked up what a mod is, and can see how those are important, and are drops. So that is kinda cool. I should try putting some on my guy. Might make me a little more survivable. I do not even know what mods I have currently.

Can mods be added and removed for free from whatever you put them on? Do the same mods work on guns/warframes?

I am also a newbie but I have learned quick that mods are the main thing in this game. They really make warframes and weapons what they are. They can be added and removed at will with no cost. And they can be upgraded to become even more powerful.

Sdoots

I would play this if I could transfer my character from the PC version to PS4.

Account Migration is coming. Taking its sweet damn time, but it is coming.

Also, please send me some friend requests on PSN guys, I want to be able to get in there quickly when AM does get implemented.

PSN is Sdewts.

Sdoots

January at the earliest, it seems.

Ugh.

I've spent at least 400 dollars on my PC account, and am at Mastery 7, at the test for 8. I'd love to just jump in, but christ, that's a lot of time and money I've put in to just set aside.

You can imagine how I felt when I saw U11 came out on PS4 the same day they updated PC again.

Jobbs

Banned
I find many of the missions to just be unplayable FPS-wise on PS4. I want to play this game. I just can't take the framerates.

desverger

O really? Ok well I'll try and do that. Seems like everytime I get on everyone session is full lol Where should I go to get the Tier3 Key? Just Defense Missions?

I think you may be confusing Tier 3 survival missions with Derelicts. Tier 3 survival is just a regular survival mission with high level enemies, you can check these from the Wiki I assume (really wish they'd just show this on the starmap).

IvorB

I think this is the PS+ pack.

- 100 Platinum
- 50,000 Credits
- Falcon Mod Pack - includes 5 mods, one guaranteed to be Uncommon or better
- 3-Day Affinity Booster
- 3-Day Credit Booster

Free for PS+ members. Been up since day 1.

Wait.. what? I can get this free on PS+?

IvorB

The Starmap makes the game even more confusing for a Newb!

The star map is terrible. No matter what you press or select initially you are always placed at Terminus and have to go through each planet to get to where you want to be. This confused me for a long time.

Is the reason trades are locked to mods keys and plat to prevent people from undercutting the games market? I assumed so but it seems like they will be generous with plat discounts/sales anyway, we should really be able to trade anything in the game. It would be cool to be able to give my old braton to someone when my friends start getting their PS4s.

No refunds, bro. Just grind with it

Is the reason trades are locked to mods keys and plat to prevent people from undercutting the games market? I assumed so but it seems like they will be generous with plat discounts/sales anyway, we should really be able to trade anything in the game. It would be cool to be able to give my old braton to someone when my friends start getting their PS4s.
Pretty much. There is no true economy within warframe so trading warframes, and warframe parts could disrupt their f2p model. Anyone who has played this game has uttered those very words. A well thought out trade system would be amazing. Maybe a Warframe test drive system?

Mrcapcom

I think you may be confusing Tier 3 survival missions with Derelicts. Tier 3 survival is just a regular survival mission with high level enemies, you can check these from the Wiki I assume (really wish they'd just show this on the starmap).

Oh I meant the Void Keys so bascially its just a regular mission? I know I was told the Mission on Pluto called Palas(i hear it pronuced on youtube as palace so don't know if i spelled it right) Would drop Flow pretty good dunno if its Tier 3 and also I tried doing it but everyone craps out after like 5-10 minutes smh. Whats the strategy behind them? I usually try to kill fast get the pick ups then when im around the 50-60 mark hit the drop canister lotus hooks me up with.

EDIT: Plus you know what else gets me when I don't have a team doing these missions is when the whole team splits up and my MPrime won't work effecniently because its like mobs of 2 or 3 all around where as if we stayed together we would get like 10+ and I can Prime em and Boom smh

I'm down for some Tier 3 Survival. If I'm in a squad just PSN message me - chances are these days I've just settled for joining randoms. The Tier listings are on the wiki page: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Survival

Cool man everyone always in a group so i end up doing crappy missions atm my fav frame is nova I spec'd her for lots of damage and I just need the flow card to help so i can spam Prime better.

On another note has anyone tried the whip? It looks so cool I think ill end up buying it soon as well as the Obex has anyone tried that?

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
No refunds, bro. Just grind with it
Eh, I decided to just swap out for a rifle anyway. I liked the Sobek but there is absolutely no way that I'm going to grind out two of every shotgun mod just to use my Carrier properly.

And yeah, it makes me sad too.

Is there a good place/video/etc to do some newb learnin. I keep dabbling in this game and I really enjoy the gameplay but outside of the missions I have no idea what the currencies are, what mods are, etc. I have the money and stuff from PS+ but im terrified to use it on the wrong stuff.

Mrcapcom

Is there a good place/video/etc to do some newb learnin. I keep dabbling in this game and I really enjoy the gameplay but outside of the missions I have no idea what the currencies are, what mods are, etc. I have the money and stuff from PS+ but im terrified to use it on the wrong stuff.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/WARFRAME_Wiki

There is also a app for Android from the same company

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wikia.singlewikia.warframe

I would start there first and then ask questions here and just google on youtube etc

Oh and only use Platnium on Orkin Reactors/Catalyst (give you double the mod points in warframe/weapon) Cosmetic stuff if that floats your boat i.e colors sentinel parts skins. Pretty much everything else you can get in game.

As far as mods think of them as cards to go on your weapon or war frame each one does something different. Want more damage then get a damage card (randomly thru playing) and add it to ur weapon or frame. But its all random on what u get so keep the cards you have might need them later oh and DONT TRANSMUTE.

Xater

Is there an iOS app? For my iPad. I will get that for my phone!

Also, can you have/is there a reason for duplicate mods? I am assuming once you have one, you level it up and then that's all you need?

Duplicates can be useful to have once you want to use a specific mod on something that has not been leveled up yet.

Mrcapcom

Also, can you have/is there a reason for duplicate mods? I am assuming once you have one, you level it up and then that's all you need?

I dunno #TeamAndroid here lol

(Gonna try to explain what I learned from everyone in this thread :) )

You fuse those cards either with the same one of same card of the same polarity which is that symbol on the top right of the car sometimes its like a V or a I or w/e. Once you max out the card (u can tell with the little blocks on the left) Then you can really just use those duplicates for another frame (although you can share the same card but ill explain why that can have issues) or keep it and fuse with a different card with the same polarity.

Personally I have like one set of cards i use for all my frames BUT what happens is say I have a rhino with 30 mod points available and Trinity with 20. If I share that card and run out of space on Trinity the game will warn me that it can't be fused because one of my frames won't be bale to use it since I ran out of mod points. All my frames have orkins in them so all of them have a nice amount of points so i rarely have this problem but it has happen

HORRORSHØW

Always have a few duplicates around incase you want to try a different build. For instance, I leveled up Mag's Pull for the reach increase. That leaves me with fewer points to level up her other abilities, however. Since I have extra Pull cards, I can swap the leveled up one for a new one and respec her, putting more points into Crush. Never Transmute your cards. You can Fuse extras if you want; in fact, that's what I recommend you do. Just have a few lying around in case you want to redistribute your points.

molnizzle

Eh, I decided to just swap out for a rifle anyway. I liked the Sobek but there is absolutely no way that I'm going to grind out two of every shotgun mod just to use my Carrier properly.

And yeah, it makes me sad too.

Just submit a support ticket and get your Catalyst back. I literally just submitted a ticket for accidentally crafting a second Nekros Chassis. DE responded to the ticket, canceled the crafting process and returned my components within ten minutes. Ten fucking minutes. DE might be kinda ass-backwards in their approach to many things in this game but their customer support is absolutely top tier.

As for there being no way that you are going to grind out two of every shotgun mod... heh. Get back to me in a few dozen hours. ;-)

Mods are what make or break you in this game. They are the "gear" in Warframe, with the most powerful ones having extremely low drop rates. Read up about them on the Wiki and start learning the ropes. You must know how to effectively use your mods (and have the right mods to begin with) in order to be successful in Warframe. Mods are everything.

Never sell them for credits. NEVER! Not even your duplicates. They are far more useful to you for Fusion. Look that up too, it's how you upgrade your mods to become more powerful. It will never be explained to you at all even though it is by far the most important mechanic in the entire game. You must learn the ins and outs of the Fusion process if you want to get anywhere in Warframe.

Never Transmute your mods either. No exceptions. It's never worth the credits and you will almost always end up with bullshit. Use your extra mods only for Fusion -- and read up on it before you do. I wasted hundreds of mods before I learned that you get the most benefit by fusing mods of the same polarity. Such waste...

Yes, this game is deceptively deep. People in this thread are comparing it to Diablo... I did too, at first. I'd now say that it has much more in common with Demon's Souls. Both the good and the bad. You've gotta become a Wiki Warrior if you want to be able to hold your own and not bumble around from mission to mission hoping to run into a better geared player to carry you.

Oh, and yes, mods can be swapped around at will. That's why it's so important to level them up through Fusion. You can take a brand new weapon, beef it up a few levels and throw on one of your upgraded mods to make it powerful. Leveling up new weapons is actually a pretty fast process once you have the right kit to tackle the Endless Defense and Survival missions.

tl;dr - Bookmark the Wiki, read it, love it and have it open on your laptop/tablet while you play.

Even after 200 hours I'm still double-checking and looking shit up constantly. Warframe has had its own dedicated browser window on my laptop since I started playing, with at least 10 active tabs open at any given time. Yes, this is that type of game.

Mrcapcom

I see. How many of a MOD do people usually collect? I know it depends on the mod, but generally?

There are some cool apps.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.digitalextremes.warframenexus

Last time I checked this doesn't alert you for the PS4 just PC so I uninstalled it. PLUS you can use the second screen on Warframe on Vita/Phone PSN App if u want this.

Personally I just downloaded the official Twitter app which i used anyway and followed the WarFramePS4 alerts twitter they have and had it send me notifications when the account posts to my phone and that works greatly.

oktarb

It may seem obvious but it wasn't to me so I'll just throw this out there for new people.

If you have different frames/weapons you can equip the same mod on different frames/weapons. So say you have a kick ass Vitality mod you leveled up. You can equip it on you Rhino frame and your Nova Frame at the same time (assuming you have the power point).

The only conflict I've found revolves around your sentinel. You can't equip the same weapon mods on both your sentinel weapon and your weapon. for example you can'y have your Multishot mod on your rifle and your sentinels rifle. You would need two of the same mod.

Mrcapcom

It may seem obvious but it wasn't to me so I'll just throw this out there for new people.

If you have different frames/weapons you can equip the same mod on different frames/weapons. So say you have a kick ass Vitality mod you leveled up. You can equip it on you Rhino frame and your Nova Frame at the same time (assuming you have the power point).

The only conflict I've found revolves around your sentinel. You can't equip the same weapon mods on both your sentinel weapon and your weapon. for example you can'y have your Multishot mod on your rifle and your sentinels rifle. You would need two of the same mod.

THIS!

Didnt know that about the Sentinel it always would error me im like wth?

Gonna grab Shade soon got a idea to use that and Nova I should be able to stealth Prime people right? WarFrame attacks ignore the stealth I would have to actually use a weapon right GAFFrame?

Einbroch

Banned
This game seriously needs loadouts if they're going for the whole "you need certain elements to kill certain enemies" direction. I like that direction, but sifting through mods and weapons is a huge pain.

This game seriously needs loadouts if they're going for the whole "you need certain elements to kill certain enemies" direction. I like that direction, but sifting through mods and weapons is a huge pain.
There are loadouts, as each item in your arsenal has an A, B, and C configuration. I use those slots to tune for Grineer, Corpus and Infested respectively.

Top Bottom