• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

desverger

What's a good gun for Ash? I got systems and chassis cooking up at the moment... For melee I suppose Galatine could work and I also got a blueprint for Dark Sword which I hear works for him.

Next up: Saryn. That frame looks so awesome.

Ash is just straight up built for melee, so any long range weapon as a main weapon compliments him well.

A fully modded Galatine (all charge damage and charge speed) will wreck shit with the "sneak attack" bonus from Smoke Bomb invisibility, and as an added bonus enemies can't target you.

Power Efficiency and Power Duration mods also work well on Ash, because they make his Smoke Bomb essentially spammable.

HORRORSHØW

What's a good gun for Ash? I got systems and chassis cooking up at the moment... For melee I suppose Galatine could work and I also got a blueprint for Dark Sword which I hear works for him.

Honestly, I constantly rotate my weapons out in order to get my mastery rank up. That said, however, he is a beast with the Galatine while stealthed. I've also tried a fast melee with good critical chance, like the Dual Zorans, but I think the Galatine beats it out.

The mods make a huge difference on how the frame operates, more so than which weapons you decide to use. For Ash I'm using maxed Streamline, Flow, and Focus to spam Shurikens/Smoke Screen, as well as Redirection and Vitality to help with durability. I still need to get Continuity to make his Smoke Screen last longer. He may not be roflstomp like Rhino, but he feels like a real ninja as you throw a shuriken to an enemy's dome and then vanish with your smoke screen as you continue to chop him up.

le.phat

Would anyone happen to have any extra Seer Receivers? I have like 4 barrels and 3 blueprints. Probably not good trade bait, but I figured here at GAF we are more about trading to help each other than looking to get the best deal like fantasy football.

All I need to start a Seer build is the receiver!

Also, does anyone have the rest of the parts for the Dakra Prime? Pretty sure I have the handle, but would like to build that as well.

I do! Im not sure we can trade parts though... Anyway, my username is sillik, lets find out!

HORRORSHØW

How do I build a warframe?
Farm a specific boss (refer to the wiki to see which boss drops which frame parts) and collect the necessary parts (chassis, helmet, and systems), then buy the blueprint from the market. Then go to the Foundry, and start building, provided you have the necessary resources to build (which can be farmed from various planets and bosses).

Edgeward

You need 4 blueprints- one for the head, the chasis, systems and then once that's all built, a blueprint to put them all together. The last one can be bought in the marketplace or be a login reward. The first 3 are usually tied to a boss so you'll need to farm certain stages.

educator

Grimløck;93970729 said:
Farm a specific boss (refer to the wiki to see which boss drops which frame parts) and collect the necessary parts (chassis, helmet, and systems), then buy the blueprint from the market. Then go to the Foundry, and start building, provided you have the necessary resources to build (which can be farmed from various planets and bosses).

Thanks (to everyone else who answered too)! I guess i'll have to farm Jakkal for the foreseeable future then.

molnizzle

You suppose the Galatine could work?
Zn4kMtV.gif

Also:

zmDUaP8.png

I have Kiste unlocked. Anyone need an invite to the alert?

IvorB

Longer skill range is good for Loki. That helmet is far from a "waste." =)

You could always make a ticket for a refund, though. DE is actually really accommodating with that. I've even had them return blueprints that I accidentally sold off in bulk.

Well I am using invisibility and decoy so I don't think either of them would benefit from increase range. Certainly don't want to sacrifice health for it. But I don't know the numbers so it's difficult to say. Guess I will just put it on the shelf for now. They should really display this stuff BEFORE you buy the damn item. Maybe I should get a refund actually...

Soooo... made it to Earth now which is where I want to be to collect gun components. Anyone have any opinion on the HIND rifle? I've thought about making this.

Semper88

molnizzle

Well I am using invisibility and decoy so I don't think either of them would benefit from increase range. Certainly don't want to sacrifice health for it. But I don't know the numbers so it's difficult to say. Guess I will just put it on the shelf for now. They should really display this stuff BEFORE you buy the damn item. Maybe I should get a refund actually...

Soooo... made it to Earth now which is where I want to be to collect gun components. Anyone have any opinion on the HIND rifle? I've thought about making this.

Also where do I get these Orokid reactors from that I need to juice up my mods?

Radial Disarm. Love it and use it! You'll want increased range for that. The health hit is like 5%, negligible... and worth it.

As for Reactors, you either get lucky and complete the random alert that might pop up once every other week or you buy them with platinum. Those are what people should be spending their money on.

Xater

Are you f*cking kidding me with those prices?! here in the EU (Holland) i have to pay 61,86 USD for the 1000plat + mod pack!! thats 44,99 euro's.

no sale here either, we never get sales..

thats it I'm moving to America! no wait.. i like winters i think Canada is more appropriate for me.

Seriously we didn't even get the pre-order. They really are ignoring their EU userbase.

Frologic

Not sure what a Void key is, but i'll check it out, thanks! (Rookie here, lvl. 9 Mag)

Void keys are items that take you to void missions. Void missions are almost the same as regular missions, they can be survival, defence, capture etc, but the difference is they drop rare blueprints for prime weapons and prime warframes (supercharged versions of the originals). You can obtain void keys from defence and survival missions on regular planets or from the market.

edit- Void missions are also a good way to make lots of credits if you're starting out. iirc they give up to 40000 credits (It used to be 70000, damn nerf)

IvorB

Radial Disarm. Love it and use it! You'll want increased range for that. The health hit is like 5%, negligible... and worth it.

I have radial disarm but it seemed extremely expensive when I tried it. I've gone up a few levels since then so I think I will try it again. But this health hit, so I checked my health amount with and without the helmet but there was no change. Is this a glitch? Was I looking at the right health figure?

educator

Void keys are items that take you to void missions. Void missions are almost the same as regular missions, they can be survival, defence, capture etc, but the difference is they drop rare blueprints for prime weapons and prime warframes (supercharged versions of the originals). You can obtain void keys from defence and survival missions on regular planets or from the market.

edit- Void missions are also a good way to make lots of credits if you're starting out. iirc they give up to 40000 credits (It used to be 70000, damn nerf)

So how do I know what mission is a void mission, does it say so anywhere?

Frologic

So how do I know what mission is a void mission, does it say so anywhere?

When you activate the key it will take you to the void map screen (It's a pocket dimension in space, it won't appear on the regular solar system map) I think you access your keys at the top menu beside the Online/Private/Solo button.

molnizzle

I have radial disarm but it seemed extremely expensive when I tried it. I've gone up a few levels since then so I think I will try it again. But this health hit, so I checked my health amount with and without the helmet but there was no change. Is this a glitch? Was I looking at the right health figure?

You might be looking at shields. Shields are blue and they recharge, health is red and is only replenished by red orbs or healing from a Trinity Warframe. A 5% hit to health is totally worth it since your shields have to be burned down first and they recharge when you're not being hit.

Also, look up a mod called "Streamline" and start farming the right Defense mission for it. It lowers the energy cost to cast your powers.

educator

When you activate the key it will take you to the void map screen (It's a pocket dimension in space, it won't appear on the regular solar system map) I think you access your keys at the top menu beside the Online/Private/Solo button.

Thanks for answering all my questions, really appreciate it. =)

Xater

For some reason I found almost 300 Platinum in my account which I have not bought. Orokin Reactors and Catalysts for free! Yay!

IvorB

You might be looking at shields. Shields are blue and they recharge, health is red and is only replenished by red orbs or healing from a Trinity Warframe. A 5% hit to health is totally worth it since your shields have to be burned down first and they recharge when you're not being hit.

Also, look up a mod called "Streamline" and start farming the right Defense mission for it. It lowers the energy cost to cast your powers.

Not on mission but in the 'arsenal' section where you can equip the helmet there are some stats on the bottom right side. The top one is health which doesn't seem to change whether the helmet is on or off. Anyway it's irrelevant now that I know the figure is 5% vs 15% reach. Probably the other helmet would have been a better purchase but it was too ugly. I'll roll with this one for a while.

I'll look for that Streamline for sure since I use heavily use my powers. Thanks for the help!

molnizzle

Not on mission but in the 'arsenal' section where you can equip the helmet there are some stats on the bottom right side. The top one is health which doesn't seem to change whether the helmet is on or off. Anyway it's irrelevant now that I know the figure is 5% vs 15% reach. Probably the other helmet would have been a better purchase but it was too ugly. I'll roll with this one for a while.

That might just be the base health of the Warframe, I'm not sure. You should compare when you're actually logged in and playing a mission. Either way though, 5% is insignificant for the extra 15% reach. Especially in higher level Corpus and Grineer defense missions. They instantly have no guns! Extremely useful when you're getting swarmed.

ParityBit

So despite the hefty learning curve, and lack of real time to put into this game thus far (I have a newborn baby!) I am really enjoying it. I have been running the first couple of missions over and over to get used to things, and also because I do not have time to go online and get help yet.

Couple of questions:

Is the platinum sale (37 bucks) a good deal? I don't mind spending cash for a game I would play. Hell I spend cash on games I never play!

Do blueprints only drop from "bosses?" I have yet to see one anyways, stupid defense mission.

Are blueprints the only way to get new items? None of the parts/weapons drop, only blue prints?

If I were to join missions online, how much time do I need to invest (roughly) for a mission? I ask because of the whole newborn thing!

Xater

So despite the hefty learning curve, and lack of real time to put into this game thus far (I have a newborn baby!) I am really enjoying it. I have been running the first couple of missions over and over to get used to things, and also because I do not have time to go online and get help yet.

Couple of questions:

Is the platinum sale (37 bucks) a good deal? I don't mind spending cash for a game I would play. Hell I spend cash on games I never play!

Do blueprints only drop from "bosses?" I have yet to see one anyways, stupid defense mission.

Are blueprints the only way to get new items? None of the parts/weapons drop, only blue prints?

If I were to join missions online, how much time do I need to invest (roughly) for a mission? I ask because of the whole newborn thing!

Blueprints do not just drop from bosses, but not also not from normal missions. You can get them as well from Alerts, Void, Survival and Defense missions.

Yes, new items can only be built with blueprints.

Missions usually take I would say 10-30 minutes.

IvorB

That might just be the base health of the Warframe, I'm not sure. You should compare when you're actually logged in and playing a mission. Either way though, 5% is insignificant for the extra 15% reach. Especially in higher level Corpus and Grineer defense missions. They instantly have no guns! Extremely useful when you're getting swarmed.

Nothing would make me happier than to strip those Corpus bastards of their guns. F**k those dudes, man. Although I played my first infested mission last night and those guys are pretty full on also. Good times!

This game is reminding me a lot of Diablo.

Sdoots

I was looking at that one. Does the vacuum go off pretty often?

It's passive, he'll just do his own thing, sucking stuff up. His shotgun is pretty damn nasty, too, if you mod it out with some armor piercing ammo and such. I'd still rather have Deathcube, but Carrier is a very valid choice.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I was looking at that one. Does the vacuum go off pretty often?
All the time.

Which is also kind of annoying because when running or moving quickly you'll have a bunch of credits or materials floating up on the left side of your screen. It doesn't suck them up, it just brings everything to you.

I hope they add 'animations' to sentinels so I can make mine 'get the heck off my screen and act invisible'.

ParityBit

I might add that I have $10 in my account from the PS4 card. Using the "Add $50 to your PSN Wallet with Paypal and get a free $10 PSN credit," I will have $20 bucks free of that $37. So it is a no brainer really.

Xater

I might add that I have $10 in my account from the PS4 card. Using the "Add $50 to your PSN Wallet with Paypal and get a free $10 PSN credit," I will have $20 bucks free of that $37. So it is a no brainer really.

Then do it? I can't tell you what to do with oyur money. If you think you want to put some money into it to make your starta little easier it's probably a good idea.

ParityBit

Then do it? I can't tell you what to do with oyur money. If you think you want to put some money into it to make your starta little easier it's probably a good idea.

I just did! I was just trying to point out to people that this deal is good if they try the same combo to get cash. So instead of the $37, you can get it for $17.

I do not plan on spending the plats until I learn more and know what to even buy. I like colors .... but I don't think I need those right now.

Xater

I just did! I was just trying to point out to people that this deal is good if they try the same combo to get cash. So instead of the $37, you can get it for $17.

I do not plan on spending the plats until I learn more and know what to even buy. I like colors .... but I don't think I need those right now.

I have only spent platinum on stuff I can't get through gameplay or at least not easily like reactors/catalysts. That would also be my advice to you.

Edit: And possibly more Warframe and weapon slots.

Top Bottom