• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Grimløck;94098667 said:
You know your anime, sir.

honestly its one of the few anime series i'm familiar with, it just left a lasting impression with me. outside of the superb reference, it just flows off the tongue nicely.

EDIT: I thought Titan Extractors regenerated health? I left mine alone for a day but it seems to be at the same amount of health. Not like i mind building them again, are the collections wroth it? i didn't get to seem much off mine.

molnizzle

EDIT: I thought Titan Extractors regenerated health? I left mine alone for a day but it seems to be at the same amount of health. Not like i mind building them again, are the collections wroth it? i didn't get to seem much off mine.

I think that was added in a PC patch we haven't gotten yet. ~_~

I think that was added in a PC patch we haven't gotten yet. ~_~

Ahh! of course, i believe i read it on the wiki so of course that may be a bit out of date. People find it worth it to keep rebuilding them? felt like i got very view resources back each trip it took. I'd certainly be happy to have one if it regenerated from none use so its not a drain on my polymer & ferrite.

I hear we're going to be able to have multiple down the road.

hyp

tl;dr - The 1000p for $37.49 is a pretty solid deal.

crazy how much you can spend on slots alone. great post, I would eventually like to own all the warframea so I will probably bite on this deal. cheers for the great info man. what's your ID on warframe? I'm on as hypoetical

Been using Volt + Paris (the bow) + Glaive + a single Furi pistol (high fire rate, solid penetration) while the second gun of the pair bakes, and have been loving every bit of it.

The original intent behind picking the Volt was twofold: I love the fuck out of chain lightning and will go for that option in any game that provides it (jetpacks too, for the record), but I also learned to hate those corpus walkers early on - and it was an abiding hatred, the kind of dense, bilious emotion that's almost alive, and it needed to have an outlet. So, the Volt looked perfect.

To level it up and get to know my frame and gear I spent a lot of time on Venus causing massacres to Corpus kind. But eventually moved on to Earth, and there ran into my first Grineer. Holy shit I thought my setup was going to tear Corpus apart, but hot damn is it fun to decimate Grineer with a pinpoint arrow to the dome or a nice BRRRAP of the Furi to shred what they like to call armor. Paris is a beast once it has room to breathe and a few mods under the belt - and the same with the Furis.

Hell, I even wandered into an Infested Defense mission by accident and was still able to hold my own via the glaive, chain lighting and my Wyrm's crowd control.

Basically Volt is awesome.

But then again, so are Mags and Rhinos and others too. So good deal all around.

Still love my Excalibur too and will go back to that one once I've grown my arsenal of weaponry a bit.

Frologic

crazy how much you can spend on slots alone. great post, I would eventually like to own all the warframea so I will probably bite on this deal. cheers for the great info man. what's your ID on warframe? I'm on as hypoetical

There was a time during the steam sale where I got 1500 platinum for $25. Maybe PS4 will have a similar deal. This was on top of affinity boosts, credit boosts and mod cards

Yoday

Now that I am finished with AC4 I plan on getting back into this game. I am already in the clan, but I am wondering what the best way to contribute is when I can't play with others, not that I won't try to do that as well.

Helscream

Banned
Yeah-well-thats-just-like-your-opinion-man.jpg

I disagree completely - he's fantastic for his AoE attacks and stunlocking enemies. Only difference is he's a lot squishier than the Rhino.

I would throw Volt into the same category I throw Ember into. Ember can obviously be used against any faction, but performs exceptionally well against infested. Just as Volt is deadly against corpus.

I can only guess that conceptionally that maybe Volt/Ember were really made as end-game spellcasters. Leveling up you can be easy going with the weapons you pick as well as the warframe you use. But clearly when doing stuff like survival or endless defense you really need good team chemistry. With damage 2.0 you clearly need to specify the weapons you are using the elemental mods you are applying to maximize your effectiveness. I don't think it would be a far stretch to imagine Digital Extreme's would do the same with certain warframes.

Nova as a spellcaster performs great. It is easy to consider Nova is overpowered in the early game, but in the late game molecular prime loses its potency and the debuff it leaves behind is what really makes the difference.

For example Nova is clearly powerful, but combine molecular prime with Ember against the infested. The amount of damage that can be done is outstanding. Now imagine having a Rhino buff both Warframes with roar. You can see where this is going. Replacing Ember with Volt against Corpus would render the same mind-blowing effectiveness.

What it really boils down to is synergy. Yesterday morning me and Molvetica were doing Derelict Assassinate to gather orokin cells. After I made the suggestion he use Trinity instead of Nova it took a moment to dawn on him, but the combination of me using Rhino Stomp to slow down Lephantis in conjuncture with energy vampire made the fight easier and go by faster compared to using nova in place of trinity.

The only warframes that will end up being trash are warframes that don't really synergize with other warframes.

molnizzle

Yeah, Trinity. God damn. Just forma'd her again, all I need now is about ten thousand Fusion Cores and roughly a million credits to fully upgrade Narrow Minded (lol). When I'm done I'll be able to cast Blessing for only 30 energy and make my full group 100% invincible for just over 24 seconds from anywhere on the map. Energy Vampire will still have about a 20m radius too.

Shit is about to get real.

Xater

Been using Volt + Paris (the bow) + Glaive + a single Furi pistol (high fire rate, solid penetration) while the second gun of the pair bakes, and have been loving every bit of it.

The original intent behind picking the Volt was twofold: I love the fuck out of chain lightning and will go for that option in any game that provides it (jetpacks too, for the record), but I also learned to hate those corpus walkers early on - and it was an abiding hatred, the kind of dense, bilious emotion that's almost alive, and it needed to have an outlet. So, the Volt looked perfect.

To level it up and get to know my frame and gear I spent a lot of time on Venus causing massacres to Corpus kind. But eventually moved on to Earth, and there ran into my first Grineer. Holy shit I thought my setup was going to tear Corpus apart, but hot damn is it fun to decimate Grineer with a pinpoint arrow to the dome or a nice BRRRAP of the Furi to shred what they like to call armor. Paris is a beast once it has room to breathe and a few mods under the belt - and the same with the Furis.

Hell, I even wandered into an Infested Defense mission by accident and was still able to hold my own via the glaive, chain lighting and my Wyrm's crowd control.

Basically Volt is awesome.

But then again, so are Mags and Rhinos and others too. So good deal all around.

Still love my Excalibur too and will go back to that one once I've grown my arsenal of weaponry a bit.

That is almost the exact same build I am going for right now. I wanna use twin Vipers though. Figured that would be a great ranged build. Should anyone come too close the Vipers should deal with it.

IvorB

I think this is the PS+ pack.

- 100 Platinum
- 50,000 Credits
- Falcon Mod Pack - includes 5 mods, one guaranteed to be Uncommon or better
- 3-Day Affinity Booster
- 3-Day Credit Booster

Free for PS+ members. Been up since day 1.

I could not see this anywhere. Is this available for EU? How can one access?

Semper88

Known issues, yeah. The game is poorly optimized and has shitty netcode.

Good, because I was starting to doubt my PS4's performance while BF4 seems to run great.

Another question, i'm close to making a Rhino frame i just need to farm some plastids or whatever they are called.
I got a Lex and Braton almost maxed out, can i use these weapons on a new lvl 1 frame?. And is there a way to get a % of mats back from stuff you made and don't use at all?

Swapping from Loki to Rhino, Loki feels to squishy so i'm gonna try the compleet opposite.

IvorB

It isn't available for EU...

Oh man. They don't love EU... :-(

So I had a good session last night. Although I was invited to a kind of test-your-might session in order to progress. I thought I was doing okay but then it just says 'mission failure'. I don't really know what happened there. Can't try again for 24 hrs it seems. Oh well...

I've kinda cooled off the idea of building a HIND because it's burst fire instead of auto and I don't really like that. I'm actually happy with my gun to be fair although the magazine could be bigger. What I need is mods/components I guess. Any rhyme or reason to these drops or are they truly random?

Edit: Ignore my question. I've checked the wiki.

Pop

I finally fucking got it, the Banshee helmet. That sucka took a week and a half of steady farming. Now time to build her.

I went from riding Loki into the ground for 3 weeks straight to now having a level 30 mag, and both ash and rhino in the cooker, and I'm missing the systems for frost prime.

Uthred

Any recommendations on which sentinel to go with first? Torn between Shade because it looks useful and Dethcube because it looks cool

Semper88

Any recommendations on which sentinel to go with first? Torn between Shade because it looks useful and Dethcube because it looks cool

I got shade on Loki and i got no clue how it works.. neither finding it usefull at the moment.

Ghost should make me invis for enemy's in line of sight when you don't attack.
but it randomly ghosts me when im in the middle of fight and not when I actually want it.

I'm a compleet noob tho.. got like 10 hours in and I'm prob doing something wrong.

The carrier sentiel looks pretty usefull to me because i'm lazy so I'm gonna switch when i get the chance.

KORNdoggy

i'd say neither...go wyrm. it's a nice balance between attack and defense. decent, fast firing offensive weapon, and a good crowd dispersion defensive attack. that+galatine+rhino's iron skin makes you pretty untouchable when you get into the thick of it. you're either slicing guys in half, taking no damage at all, and when you get surrounded wyrm has knocked everyone on their ass allowing you to go back to slicing guys in half...lol

honestly, i'm feeling a bit OP with my current set up.

Xater

i'd say neither...go wyrm. it's a nice balance between attack and defense. decent, fast firing offensive weapon, and a good crowd dispersion defensive attack. that+galatine+rhino's iron skin makes you pretty untouchable when you get into the thick of it. you're either slicing guys in half, taking no damage at all, and when you get surrounded wyrm has knocked everyone on their ass allowing you to go back to slicing guys in half...lol

honestly, i'm feeling a bit OP with my current set up.

You have a Rhino and you are using Wyrm? You are doing it wrong. Currently Dethcube is the best sentinel. I can only see shade being useful if you want to stealth.

ParityBit

I had fun last night playing with some randoms. I got two blueprints from the first boss, a sword which I am making and his pistol.

How does the last map on Mercury work? You have to stay alive and get O2 for a certain amount of time? I tried joining groups about 10 times and we never succeeded.

At the end of the maps, I always find I am doing WAY less damage than others! So frustrating.

Xater

I had fun last night playing with some randoms. I got two blueprints from the first boss, a sword which I am making and his pistol.

How does the last map on Mercury work? You have to stay alive and get O2 for a certain amount of time? I tried joining groups about 10 times and we never succeeded.

At the end of the maps, I always find I am doing WAY less damage than others! So frustrating.

Yep you have to survive a certain amount of time you can get out of there and succeed. If you stay even longer you get more and more rewards.

frizby

Just wanted to say thanks to Helscream and Molvetica for the invite to the derilects yesterday. I didn't start the day planning to get all of the parts for Nekros, but now I have them, and it was about the only eventful thing for me yesterday. I'm not sure if/when I'll get around to building him, but it's awesome to have the option.

It was also an interesting discussion about the lore, though I preferred my existing interpretation that the Grineer were alien invaders and that the last humans happened to be magical ninjas, because fuck you we're ninjas. Obviously, some shit went down, but it's been so long that it really didn't even matter. Instead, it turns out that we're playing a sequel to Dark Sector, and they're all humans more or less.

I suppose it would help if I'd played Dark Sector.

In other news, I generally enjoy farming, but farming for Hammer Shot is on my last nerve. I must have upwards of a half dozen of every nightmare mode mod except for Hammer Shot (and Blaze). Sigh.

ParityBit

Yep you have to survive a certain amount of time you can get out of there and succeed. If you stay even longer you get more and more rewards.

These levels are so tough in PUGS. It's the last level stopping me from getting out of Mercury! I want a new Warframe, I have seen so many cool ones, and colored ones. And awesome weapons!

My dude is so generic. I did buy the Braton for 25k as was suggested.

These levels are so tough in PUGS. It's the last level stopping me from getting out of Mercury! I want a new Warframe, I have seen so many cool ones, and colored ones. And awesome weapons!

Don't think you have to do a survival to get out of Mercury, do you?

IvorB

The Braton is an excellent weapon. Magazine could be a bit bigger though...

Why do you want a new warframe? Haven't you only just started playing? There are many other things you can upgrade or improve. Just because you read people on here doing stuff doesn't mean it is appropriate or relevant to your level. I would say learn to play and improve the Warframe you have but that's just me.

I'm trying hard to like this game but it just feels... so boring.

Yeah this game doesn't sound right for you. At first your were complaining about how the graphics don't stack up against Warframe on your PC, and now its boring. I think its time to put the game away for good. Its a lot of grinding and people tend to think grinding is boring. #science

ParityBit

The Braton is an excellent weapon. Magazine could be a bit bigger though...

Why do you want a new warframe? Haven't you only just started playing? There are many other things you can upgrade or improve. Just because you read people on here doing stuff doesn't mean it is appropriate or relevant to your level. I would say learn to play and improve the Warframe you have but that's just me.

Oh I am, but I need something to work towards, which would be the parts for a new warframe!

When it says level 1-3, 1-4, 1-5. Does that mean its a mission for a warframe level from the levels of 1 to 5?

Bladelaw

Oh I am, but I need something to work towards, which would be the parts for a new warframe!

When it says level 1-3, 1-4, 1-5. Does that mean its a mission for a warframe level from the levels of 1 to 5?

It means the enemy level will be in that range. There's no direct correlation between those numbers and the ranks of your gear or your mastery rank.

IvorB

I too need something to work towards. I want a new gun but there are no blueprints available in the market place that interest me. So I think I will just carry on clearing the planets and see where I end up. Pretty much cleared Earth yesterday.

Xater

You only need to create the connection to the next system. The survival mission on Mercury is not part of that. It also makes more sense to return to survival missions later with a higher level so you can actually get stuff instead of just completing it.

Mrcapcom

Ok so the first person was KenJen2015 thanks for helping with getting my first Flow and Das_MooKid for helping with the second and Hells Chamber.

Hopefully soon ill have both my Rhino and Nova back up to 30 I just Forma'd both of them. Nova to add a extra dash slot for Flow and Rhino to add a Dash slot for the Energy Siphon.

Rhino Farming was pretty awesome. Now time to level up my frames and look for more cards. I love my Tigris but wish I had faster Reload so looking for that as well.

Anyone have a Fleeting Expertise to trade for a Flow?

IvorB

You only need to create the connection to the next system. The survival mission on Mercury is not part of that. It also makes more sense to return to survival missions later with a higher level so you can actually get stuff instead of just completing it.

Survival/Defense missions have gotten pretty tough on my campaign. You need those dudes that can make that force-field dome whoever they are. This game's difficulty is all over the place though.

Mrcapcom

Survival/Defense missions have gotten pretty tough on my campaign. You need those dudes that can make that force-field dome whoever they are. This game's difficulty is all over the place though.

I can usually do good with Nova and Rhino

Xater

That is Frost

Apollodorus is a survival mission on Mercury. It sucks if you play with pubs and they have no idea what the fuck to do.

A mic is a must for survivals.

No not really. I just do them with pubs on a high level. No mic or anything. Usually no problem because these people know what they are doing.

ParityBit

Apollodorus is a survival mission on Mercury. It sucks if you play with pubs and they have no idea what the fuck to do.

A mic is a must for survivals.

That is Frost

No not really. I just do them with pubs on a high level. No mic or anything. Usually no problem because these people know what they are doing.

Okay, I will avoid that mission for now and move to Venus. :) Thanks a lot.

I have so many stupid questions I know. Something about this game scratches a certain itch! Plus I am at work and reading the wiki when I can. So that doesn't help!

casmith07

That is Frost

You're luckier than me then. Every once in a while I get a good public squad but I get booted after completing a mission or two. Then I get stuck with some idiot using the PS Camera as a mic talking like a wannabe thug the whole time.

Top Bottom