• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Xevren

You're luckier than me then. Every once in a while I get a good public squad but I get booted after completing a mission or two. Then I get stuck with some idiot using the PS Camera as a mic talking like a wannabe thug the whole time.

You can turn the mic off in settings when you encounter that crap, shit is so annoying.

Alright guys, I've been away from this game for far too long. Hopefully I'm still in the clan, but I can understand if ibwas dropped :(

Question is, the reason I stopped for a while was because I hit a roadblock. I got to Earth but it was getting too difficult with my high 20s Excalibur and starting weapons.

What would be a suggestion to push forward??

For any beginners I'd suggest doing Extermination, Sabotage, Spy, Rescue and Assassination missions while leaving Defense, Capture and Survival Missions for later.

Its one thing to play a reasonably difficult mission where you set the pace yourself like you can with the basic missions, but its much harder and unforgiving when the game is throwing itself at you or forcing you to run a gauntlet.

Come back to those missions once you gotten at least a planet or two ahead of the basic missions. You'll find that you can survive the initial onslaughts and can better take in what's being asked of you and can get a grip on techniques to hone for survival and damage and teamwork. But don't worry, they all ramp up, and you'll still be tested.

I'm just over the hump myself, but this is what I did to make sense of the game's difficulty. The solar system map leads you incorrectly to assume there's a natural progression in difficulty as you move forward with each hope but it isn't really so.

casmith07

I'm playing right now on an alert mission and there's 1 enemy left behind a red door. No way to get around, we've scoured the entire map.

Annoying glitch.

Xater

Alright guys, I've been away from this game for far too long. Hopefully I'm still in the clan, but I can understand if ibwas dropped :(

Question is, the reason I stopped for a while was because I hit a roadblock. I got to Earth but it was getting too difficult with my high 20s Excalibur and starting weapons.

Use better mods? I used the Braton and Lato way beyond Earth with my Mag.

The solar system map leads you incorrectly to assume there's a natural progression in difficulty as you move forward with each hope but it isn't really so.

This is important. Looks at the enemy level on the map. Survival missions usually have a very wide enemy level span, that's why they can be very difficult if you are barely over the minimum enemy level.

Use better mods? I used the Braton and Lato way beyond Earth with my Mag.

This is important. Looks at the enemy level on the map. Survival missions usually have a very wide enemy level span, that's why they can be very difficult if you are barely over the minimum enemy level.

I'm modded to hell and back. All levelled up almost fully through fusion or combining cards.

Maybe it's my warframe? I could farm for rhino I guess. Maybe that would help.

Bladelaw

Avoid Survival, Defense, and Capture missions till you're comfortable. Get a few super helpful mods. Vitality (+HP), Redirection (+Shields), Serration (+All Rifle Damage), Hornet Strike (+All Secondary Damage).

Buy the Braton (not the MK1) for 25,000 credits, and any other pistol besides the Lato (Aklato is fine).
Level up mods using the Fusion. At level 0 most mods don't provide much benefit but they don't cost much to equip. To fuse go to the mods screen, hit fusion, pick the mod you want to upgrade, then pick either matching mods, or fusion cores. This process costs credits and sacrifices the other mods for the process.

Fusion is absolutely vital to progression in this game.

Edit: Just saw your most recent post. Yeah Rhino is pretty great, farm for him.

I'm modded to hell and back. All levelled up almost fully through fusion or combining cards.

I got as far as Neptune with my Excalibur before I hit the wall and just wasn't able to pull my weight in group matchups. So I lucked out by being grouped with better players and watched them destroy everything to unlock more basic missions (not really my cup of tea but I felt stuck) - enough to get some modules and cells to create a second warframe. While that frame was cooking I went back to those earlier survival and defense missions I had passed by - like literally started up the very earliest ones - and played those and alerts to gather credits to build a sentinel.

Thats seen me through to now and am doing roughly the same with my new frame, though I feel like I can tackle those group missions a little earlier now that I know what I'm doing, have a sentinel, a nice mix of mods and weapons, and some crowd control.

So yeah, I'd push ahead with basic missions, or try to get that Rhino.

Xater

Mars, Jupiter and Saturn really shouldn't be an issue if you have everything leveled up. It's also not just the mods being leveled up though, but also using the right ones.

Helscream

Banned
Alright Concerning CLAN INVITES AND MEMBERSHIP.

I will be going through the clan and will soon starting REMOVING players who are are offline for several days.Especially around 10 days or more.

Those of you who ARE NOT in the clan and wish to have a INVITE to be part of the clan please send a PSN message to myself (Helscream), Sykotik, or Molnizzle.

I am trying to make the most out of the 100 player cap as we can. If you are a player that is removed due to inactivity you will receive another invitation once we complete all of our research. This is NOT permanent only temporary. The more dedicated players we have to contribute materials for research the faster we can expand the size of the clan.

IvorB

To fuse go to the mods screen, hit fusion, pick the mod you want to upgrade, then pick either matching mods, or fusion cores. This process costs credits and sacrifices the other mods for the process.

Fusion is absolutely vital to progression in this game.

Edit: Just saw your most recent post. Yeah Rhino is pretty great, farm for him.

Wait... so I can combine mods of the same type to make them more powerful? I started juicing up mods last night for the first time. Boosted my vitality to 80% health and my rifle fire rate using cores. Did not know you could double them up...

Kalren

Hey Guys,

So I've leveled my Braton(not MK1) and I would welcome ideas on what primary I should try next.

And once I get a keyboard, I'm hoping to ask for some help in some T1 keys that I have. I am in desperate need of Control Modules(I think that was it)

ParityBit

Alright Concerning CLAN INVITES AND MEMBERSHIP.

I will be going through the clan and will soon starting REMOVING players who are are offline for several days.Especially around 10 days or more.

Those of you who ARE NOT in the clan and wish to have a INVITE to be part of the clan please send a PSN message to myself (Helscream), Sykotik, or Molnizzle.

I am trying to make the most out of the 100 player cap as we can. If you are a player that is removed due to inactivity you will receive another invitation once we complete all of our research. This is NOT permanent only temporary. The more dedicated players we have to contribute materials for research the faster we can expand the size of the clan.

I would love to join. Quick question, what are the requirements of being part of the clam (the 100 people)

This will not be like DAoC/WoW where you have to be in certain times and every day, etc, etc?

Bladelaw

Wait... so I can combine mods of the same type to make them more powerful? I started juicing up mods last night for the first time. Boosted my vitality to 80% health and my rifle fire rate using cores. Did not know you could double them up...

Just so I'm clear here's an example: Fuse a level 0 Vitality with a level 0 Vitality and you'll get a level 1 Vitality.

There's a hierarchy of Fusion. It's detailed in the wiki here: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Fusion

Mrcapcom

Can someone quickly explain how to level up the clan I had no idea I could do it. Whats the real benefit? I did see at one point there was a bunch of weapons and stuff. Is there anything we really really need or anything?

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Can someone quickly explain how to level up the clan I had no idea I could do it. Whats the real benefit? I did see at one point there was a bunch of weapons and stuff. Is there anything we really really need or anything?

Mutagen samples.

They come from Orokin Derelicts.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Okay cool. Thanks! Think I'm gonna play a bit more this evening.

I was playing with a guy whose weapons were Hate, Dread, Despair. I thought neat. Then I looked up the wiki and realized they are real weapons too. And awesome ones at that.

Also, will the wiki get updated with the types of damage for each weapon?

AngerdX

Arghhh this 24h wait for mastery test failure is killing me, i just can´t seem to get past the damn thing, 4 times so far, frustrating as hell, really wish the damn thing was on a shorter timer or none at all. :/

Murometz

Neo Member
Arghhh this 24h wait for mastery test failure is killing me, i just can´t seem to get past the damn thing, 4 times so far, frustrating as hell, really wish the damn thing was on a shorter timer or none at all. :/
Just out of curiosity, which rank is it? I'll hit 6 soon.

molnizzle

From earlier in the thread:

ATTENTION NEW CLAN MEMBERS

Donate to our fucking research! When we increased the member cap from 30 to 100 it also increased our component requirements for research 3x. Please do not make us regret this decision. Help out with whatever you can.

There are 3 "labs" in the dojo where you can donate:
1. Bio Lab
2. Energy Lab
3. Chem Lab

Visit each respective lab in the dojo and activate the research console in the middle. It looks like this:

Rtumniz.jpg

Then look for items that have "Status: Awaiting Funds" and press "X" on them to contribute! Example:

s522MQ2.jpg

For items that have been fully researched, you can spend credits to "Replicate" the blueprint. In other words, you can buy the blueprint from the dojo and build the item yourself. Some of the most powerful weapons in the game can only be acquired through research! Also, there is a flame-thrower and a rocket launcher.

VzTZQB8.jpg

CONTRIBUTE, YOU HEATHENS

The labs look different now after Update 11, they're a lot more obvious now. Everything still works the same though and the research "console" is in the same place. Center of the room.

Also, will the wiki get updated with the types of damage for each weapon?

It already is. Either click or mouseover (can't remember) the damage table and the actual breakdown will pop up. Weird, I know.

not sure if this works for the PS4 version, but there's a MASSIVE sale on platinum taking place at Amazon right now. Look up warframe Fracture pack and it'll get you there. 66% off the three "packs" that give you plat, money, modpacks, and boosters. You basically get a code which you then enter on the DE "buy platinum" website. Definitely works on the PC version, not sure if it works on the PS4 version?

Helscream

Banned
I would love to join. Quick question, what are the requirements of being part of the clam (the 100 people)

This will not be like DAoC/WoW where you have to be in certain times and every day, etc, etc?

Nothing demanding. Just that you play daily. Even if your only on a few hours a day. As long as your on playing thats all that matters. There are several members, or pending invites that had 10 days offline which I removed to make room.

If you want a clan invite send me a PSN message. My username is Helscream.

I log in at least twice a day just for the log in rewards and so I don't get booted from #TEAMNEOGAF #STORMCLAN.

I see at least 12-15 NeoGaf clan members on every day. You'll get an invite for a clan match from time to time. DON'T REJECT IT!

molnizzle

Yeah, everyone should at least fire up the game once a day for the login reward, even if you don't play (although you might as well!) since the login reward tier scales up with each consecutive day.

LtOrange

not sure if this works for the PS4 version, but there's a MASSIVE sale on platinum taking place at Amazon right now. Look up warframe Fracture pack and it'll get you there. 66% off the three "packs" that give you plat, money, modpacks, and boosters. You basically get a code which you then enter on the DE "buy platinum" website. Definitely works on the PC version, not sure if it works on the PS4 version?

Hmmm can we transfer our PC accounts to PS4 yet? I might buy some platinum and then transfer it over.

molnizzle

Hmmm can we transfer our PC accounts to PS4 yet? I might buy some platinum and then transfer it over.

Account migration won't be coming until January at the earliest, and even when it does, platinum will not be transferred over! You need to spend all your PC plat before you do the migration or else you'll lose it.

Also, login reward pro tip: make sure you switch your weapons/Warframe to ones that aren't maxed out whenever you log off, just in case you get XP as your reward for the next day.

LtOrange

Account migration won't be coming until January at the earliest, and even when it does, platinum will not be transferred over! You need to spend all your PC plat before you do the migration or else you'll lose it.

Also, login reward pro tip: make sure you switch your weapons/Warframe to ones that aren't maxed out whenever you log off, just in case you get XP as your reward for the next day.

Oh ok that makes sense. Well since I won't really have time to dig in due to the holidays I might buy some platinum to unlock slots and whatnot on PC. Then migrate it over whenever they allow it and save some money.

Helscream

Banned
Well really need to gather more Mutagen samples for research. My Nekros will be done within 24 hours. Farming Derelict endless defense with Nekros and desecrate will net us the most mutagens each run. Will need someone to AOE Nova/Ember and trinity for energy vampire.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Well really need to gather more Mutagen samples for research. My Nekros will be done within 24 hours. Farming Derelict endless defense with Nekros and desecrate will net us the most mutagens each run. Will need someone to AOE Nova/Ember and trinity for energy vampire.

I've got a nova, but so does half the clan I reckon har har.

By the way is buying Platinum really required to get the full experience out of this game? Can you just keep playing it for free and not feel like you are being held back?

Bladelaw

By the way is buying Platinum really required to get the full experience out of this game? Can you just keep playing it for free and not feel like you are being held back?

The only thing you need to spend platinum on is Warframe and weapon slots. by default you can only hold 2 frames and 6 weapons. If you max that out you have two options: buy more slots (20p for 1 Frame slot, 14p for 2 weapon slots), or sell what you're not using.

The catch is for collectors, to level up your mastery you need a lot of frames/weapons. If you get attached to them and want to keep them, or even just for the added bit of versatility then you'll need to pay. If you don't care about that you can play 100% free

jurgen

Today I discovered that Vauban's vortex ability crashes the game or causes other players to disconnect. It's a shame because it's a great skill for defense missions.

In related news: Vauban is a damn beast. He cuts through Corpus like butter.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Today I discovered that Vauban's vortex ability crashes the game or causes other players to disconnect. It's a shame because it's a great skill for defense missions.
So that's what made me crash and miss out on a last minute alert.

Eyerox

Looking for opinions on strategy for the Corpus defense missions when your protecting the cryopod on the raised platforms. Callisto - Jupitor - 10-10, specifically.

When I run with randoms they insist on going down to the main door in front of the map and killing corpus. I think things go much smoother when you stay at the Cryopod and defend.

At the cryopod:

1 - your aoe's overlap providing cover for others and the pod
2 - you don't have to travel to get energy or mods
3 - the object is to defend the cryopod
4 - the corpus can't hit you until they have climbed the stairs

The last three times I have run it, I'm the only holdout at the pod while the 3 other tenno are below in the front. Should I just give in and go down with everyone else, or convince them to come up.

I run Rhino with 58 spent points.

Uthred

Will you lose your PC plat? I thought the way it works is that the "transfer" is actually a copy, so you have your PC account and your PS4 account is a copy with everything bar clan membership and plat

Bladelaw

Looking for opinions on strategy for the Corpus defense missions when your protecting the cryopod on the raised platforms. Callisto - Jupitor - 10-10, specifically.

When I run with randoms they insist on going down to the main door in front of the map and killing corpus. I think things go much smoother when you stay at the Cryopod and defend.

At the cryopod:

1 - your aoe's overlap providing cover for others and the pod
2 - you don't have to travel to get energy or mods
3 - the object is to defend the cryopod
4 - the corpus can't hit you until they have climbed the stairs

The last three times I have run it, I'm the only holdout at the pod while the 3 other tenno are below in the front. Should I just give in and go down with everyone else, or convince them to come up.

I run Rhino with 58 spent points.

Frost Snow Globe is the cop out answer. Realistically, keep Rhino Stomp ready. Have a good damage accurate primary (I like Latron but as long as it's accurate any gun will do), and something quick for a side arm Vastos is pretty handy. Magnetic (Cold + Elec) damage is super effective on corpus shields so running with that will also improve your DPS.

As far as convincing pubbies to defend properly I wish you luck. I'd hang by the Cryopod and snipe until enemies got too close, then Stomp and mop up with my secondary. This is also one of those missions where a Punch Through mod is pretty handy since the lanes are pretty narrow you can hit 2-3 enemies per shot.

Mrcapcom

I have a Nova and Trinity although shes lower in level but has energy vampire. Nova I just forma but shes good too. I'm down just hit me up

molnizzle

Will you lose your PC plat? I thought the way it works is that the "transfer" is actually a copy, so you have your PC account and your PS4 account is a copy with everything bar clan membership and plat

You're right, I forgot about the PS4 transfer being a copy. The plat will still be there on PC.

Top Bottom