• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Eyerox

Frost Snow Globe is the cop out answer. Realistically, keep Rhino Stomp ready. Have a good damage accurate primary (I like Latron but as long as it's accurate any gun will do), and something quick for a side arm Vastos is pretty handy. Magnetic (Cold + Elec) damage is super effective on corpus shields so running with that will also improve your DPS.

As far as convincing pubbies to defend properly I wish you luck. I'd hang by the Cryopod and snipe until enemies got too close, then Stomp and mop up with my secondary. This is also one of those missions where a Punch Through mod is pretty handy since the lanes are pretty narrow you can hit 2-3 enemies per shot.

I run burston, gallatine, and bronco all magnetic. I can get to 15 minutes when everyone is at cryopod, but only wave 14 or 15 when folks are down front.

Burston does a great job. Very balanced weapon. Bronco is 135 impact, 2 shell magazine is the holdup. Gallatine gets switched soon as it hits 30.

Alright Concerning CLAN INVITES AND MEMBERSHIP.

I will be going through the clan and will soon starting REMOVING players who are are offline for several days.Especially around 10 days or more.

Those of you who ARE NOT in the clan and wish to have a INVITE to be part of the clan please send a PSN message to myself (Helscream), Sykotik, or Molnizzle.

I am trying to make the most out of the 100 player cap as we can. If you are a player that is removed due to inactivity you will receive another invitation once we complete all of our research. This is NOT permanent only temporary. The more dedicated players we have to contribute materials for research the faster we can expand the size of the clan.

Hope I've not been kicked after donating so much to the clan research and posting that I'd be away for a few days :/

jurgen

Looking for opinions on strategy for the Corpus defense missions when your protecting the cryopod on the raised platforms. Callisto - Jupitor - 10-10, specifically.

When I run with randoms they insist on going down to the main door in front of the map and killing corpus. I think things go much smoother when you stay at the Cryopod and defend.

At the cryopod:

1 - your aoe's overlap providing cover for others and the pod
2 - you don't have to travel to get energy or mods
3 - the object is to defend the cryopod
4 - the corpus can't hit you until they have climbed the stairs

The last three times I have run it, I'm the only holdout at the pod while the 3 other tenno are below in the front. Should I just give in and go down with everyone else, or convince them to come up.

I run Rhino with 58 spent points.

I've been getting to 15 with my Vauban on this. Simple solution is to throw down my maxed out Bastille and Teslas around the pod while the Mags or Rhinos on the team use Crush or Stomp. An occasional snow globe doesn't hurt either. Even though Corpus have more range than, say, a group of Infested, their AI still makes them huddle around the pod, making it easy pickings for AoEs.

I'll probably be on later this evening if you want me to help out. PSN: Rorschach.

Well it ain't much at all but shoved a Mutagen Sample into the Clan Research.

I joined a another clanners game early and had a couple of nice runs, hope it wasn't a problem. I certainly enjoyed it.

So it looks like my plans for Rhino are on hold for a while. Seems one of the things needed to build rhino are Plastids. They're found on Jupiter and other higher planets, but I'm stuck on earth. I've only done 5 of the 11 missions in earth and the ones I have next are all defense missions or survival missions. Even in a group we're all dying, which is odd considering its a level 6-6 mission and I'm 29 now, my weapons no lower than 19. I bought a new 3 shot pistol and I have a level 17 Braton (not mk1). They're all modded as high as they can go. I guess I'll just farm the beginner missions or something.

Been reading this thread for the last few days whilst trying to get to grips with all the systems involved in the game, thankyou to everyone in here.

And I've just got my cousin to start playing with me, and using what I've read here to try teaching him as we play.

But my first post in here is to ask something I can't find an answer for, Voice chat is in-game only (can't use the PS4 party chat which is a shame) and the chat works great in preparation and during our first game of the day (stops working while it's loading) but then after we finish and get the results screen it's gone, or he can hear me but I can never hear him.
Only solution we've found is to back out so our connection is broke, then invite back in and start talking.

Is that happening to everyone else?

molnizzle

So it looks like my plans for Rhino are on hold for a while. Seems one of the things needed to build rhino are Plastids. They're found on Jupiter and other higher planets, but I'm stuck on earth. I've only done 5 of the 11 missions in earth and the ones I have next are all defense missions or survival missions. Even in a group we're all dying, which is odd considering its a level 6-6 mission and I'm 29 now, my weapons no lower than 19. I bought a new 3 shot pistol and I have a level 17 Braton (not mk1). They're all modded as high as they can go. I guess I'll just farm the beginner missions or something.

Farming anything but Defense or Survival won't get you very far. You really need to find yourself a good group and get through the missions blocking you path so you can get those plastids.

Xater

If you are 29 you should already run missions un Jupiter. I have a hard time believing you can't move own because that's what I did. I also only played with randoms.

Farming anything but Defense or Survival won't get you very far. You really need to find yourself a good group and get through the missions blocking you path so you can get those plastids.

Managed to get past a defense mission by getting to level 5 then accepting the win. Seems before all the team's wanted to get to level 10 but we'd never make it.

In also just did my first alert and unlocked some darkdagger blueprint . It needs plastids though lol.

velociraptor

Yeah this game doesn't sound right for you. At first your were complaining about how the graphics don't stack up against Warframe on your PC, and now its boring. I think its time to put the game away for good. Its a lot of grinding and people tend to think grinding is boring. #science
Is it even possible to get a badass character without paying a dime? At what planet does the game pickup? I think I'm on the Venus at the moment.

Xater

Is it even possible to get a badass character without paying a dime? At what planet does the game pickup? I think I'm on the Venus at the moment.

Yes
Is there any way at all I can upgrade the laser rifle on my sentinal? Every mod I want to put on I can't because I have it on my Braton.

Not really. That's why you shouldn't fuse all duplicates. Try to get new mods and put those on your sentinel.

Been reading this thread for the last few days whilst trying to get to grips with all the systems involved in the game, thankyou to everyone in here.

And I've just got my cousin to start playing with me, and using what I've read here to try teaching him as we play.

But my first post in here is to ask something I can't find an answer for, Voice chat is in-game only (can't use the PS4 party chat which is a shame) and the chat works great in preparation and during our first game of the day (stops working while it's loading) but then after we finish and get the results screen it's gone, or he can hear me but I can never hear him.
Only solution we've found is to back out so our connection is broke, then invite back in and start talking.

Is that happening to everyone else?
my group of friends can all
chat using the ps4 party system, but our problem lies in the net code
of the game itself: I can see all 3 of them online but can only join 2 of them. if my other two friends aren't playing or hosting a game I cannot join him. Annoying.

Yes

Not really. That's why you shouldn't fuse all duplicates. Try to get new mods and put those on your sentinel.

Oooh. I was under the impression a mod of that type couldn't be used twice, not that I was literally trying to use the same one twice. It should let me know on the sentinal mod page which ones are already being used. A little confusing.

On the plus side I'm joining randoms now and plowing through Earth. On the downside everyone is running past stuff.

Xater

Oooh. I was under the impression a mod of that type couldn't be used twice, not that I was literally trying to use the same one twice. It should let me know on the sentinal mod page which ones are already being used. A little confusing.

On the plus side I'm joining randoms now and plowing through Earth. On the downside everyone is running past stuff.

There should be a symbol on the bottom right for already installed mods.

There should be a symbol on the bottom right for already installed mods.

Yeah usually it's there but I don't see it when I try to add mods to my sentinals laser rifle.

Just did the first mission on Saturn. It was a survival that apparently I had to do to progress. Randoms I were with were assholes. They didn't go to the escape pod for 15 minutes. I had to revive twice :/

Anyone k ow what the challenge is to get to level 3 (gold initiate). The only one I've done is the pistol challenge and I failed it once. Don't want to go in unprepared this time.

EGM92

I've been playing the PC version off an on for a couple of months now, I got about 30$ sunk into it and ~300hrs. When I get a PS4 would it be possible to play with that account or will I be forced to make a new account?

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I've been playing the PC version off an on for a couple of months now, I got about 30$ sunk into it and ~300hrs. When I get a PS4 would it be possible to play with that account or will I be forced to make a new account?
From what I understand, account transfers will happen early next year.

velociraptor

Yes

So what is the best way to do that? Do you unlock characters as you naturally play through the missions? I don't really have a great understanding of the game. When playing online, I see people who have impressive Warframes and gear, whilst I seem to be stuck with the weak defaults! I'm enjoying the game more though; I've figured out how to use upgrades properly which reduces the 'underpowered' feeling.

Con_Smith

Banned
Been itching for some warfame proper for the last few days. Only ran Alad boss for my Valk and checking my login rewards otherwise been busy with work or my new vita. Dojo is coming together nice and I donated all my muties I gathered last week for the clan.

I've come around to Rhino now that I've leveled him pretty good and after GP'ing my mag I want to hunt for some blueprints to super charge my frames up. Debating on picking up the plats on sale so I can get some more space for weapons and frames but I'm not sure if I should do that or spend more time specing my frames a bit.

Also glad to see more people joining the clan. Hopefully it means more games can open since the same few people I catch are always full up. The matches I play with gaffers always seem the best although I'm always hesitant to invite people when I have keys or progression missions due to my sucky internet causing games to lag like crap.

Have gotten to the point where our small group of players is either running alternate frames or have them being cooked and our focus has shifted from the core missions towards survival and defense on the system map (to complete each planet and unlock nightmare) and tower missions (tier 1 survival for now).

Tower missions lag the most but the payouts are great, and we already have some "prime" blueprints to show for our efforts. But I appreciate the earlier level survival and defense missions that we're doing even if only to practice our approach the objectives and nail down our teamwork, communication and synergies.

We've also developed a more critical eye towards weaponry and gear and even talk knowingly about certain named mods and auras and how we tune our arsenals in particular for Damage 2.0. It sounds like we actually kind of sort of know what we're talking about, mostly. :)

The gameplay has evolved right alongside our emerging knowledge of it, and the real sense of progression you get from growing in mods and weapons and understanding has only been for the better. And its for that DE has earned $60 out of me so far, which has been spent on colors, a scarf, that immortal skin for the Excalibur and some reactors and catalysts and weapon slots. Still have a bunch left that'll probably go towards slots and tricking my Sentinel out - holy shit there's all kinds of little visual customizations for those things. Love it :) More importantly though I've been voting with my wallet to say that DE has something pretty damn cool here and I'd love for them to be able to keep at it for the long haul.

When all is said and done this is probably the launch game I've enjoyed the most and the one that's offered the most variety - even if the core of it is still just running through random sci-fi dungeons and killing most everything there is.

hyp

really starting to like damage 2.0. I like how it forces me to be even more obsessive over my mods and "builds" for my various equipment. mods are like most of the fun of this game for me.

Ashkeloth

So what is the best way to do that? Do you unlock characters as you naturally play through the missions? I don't really have a great understanding of the game. When playing online, I see people who have impressive Warframes and gear, whilst I seem to be stuck with the weak defaults! I'm enjoying the game more though; I've figured out how to use upgrades properly which reduces the 'underpowered' feeling.

In order to unlock new Warframes, you must obtain several items. These are:

Warframe Blueprint
Warframe Chassis
Warframe Systems
Warframe Helmet
Orokin Cell

The Warframe blueprint can be obtained from the store and varies in price per warframe from 25000 to 35000 credits.

The chassis, systems and helmets all drop from specific bosses. Which bosses drop which Warframe component blueprints can be pretty easily found through Google searching.

Orokin Cells are found in certain later game missions and are quite rare, or can be picked up through certain alert missions.

Additonally, you need the materials and credits to make the individual components. These vary greatly, but generally you'll probably need to grind certain missions for some of the rarer ones and have quite a large amount off credits to hand, at the very least.

I think that just about covers how to unlock Warframes.

In order to unlock weapons, you must once again buy the blueprint from the store for a varying amount of credits, but weapons are usually made up of the simpler materials that Warframe components also use and so are easier to obtain. Note also that if something in the store has "dual" or "ak" before its name, you'll need to make two of the items and then combine them both, for example, "Dual Heat Swords" are made by making two individual Heat Swords out of their components then buying the Dual Heat Swords blueprint to combine them. Generally, what I'm saying is that you shouldn't waste credits buying a "Dual" or "Ak" blueprints until you already have 2 copies of the individual weapon version.

And holy fucking hell at running with Dual Furis. You just feather the trigger and there goes 20 bullets. No exaggeration, and thats without any fire rate mods - I'm not insane.

Its like those helicopter chaingun segments in military shooters - so rewarding - but in this case the fun is over really, really, REALLY quick. In a close quarters run and gun scenario I can go from maxed ammo to completely empty in 15-20 seconds.

You better believe the first thing I did was slap some ammo mods on the things. But even then its so very easy to find yourself automatically switching to your main weapon before you'd know it.

Generally, what I'm saying is that you shouldn't waste credits buying a "Dual" or "Ak" blueprints until you already have 2 copies of the individual weapon version.
Yep. Just learned this. And you'll need to have enough empty weapon slots in your inventory to store both weapons otherwise you won't be able to claim your freshly crafted item from the foundry. Weapon slots unlock at 12 platinum for two FYI.

molnizzle

Just did the first mission on Saturn. It was a survival that apparently I had to do to progress. Randoms I were with were assholes. They didn't go to the escape pod for 15 minutes. I had to revive twice :/

I can't tell if you're joking here, but if not then you should know that Survival missions have infinite length and provide a new reward every 5 minutes. The entire point is to go for as long as you possibly can. Many people farm the low level Survival missions because you're guaranteed to get a Void Key as the 15-minute reward. If you just rushed through to extraction and didn't help kill or collect life support then I'm sorry to say that you were the asshole. ;-)

Kinda mind-blowing that you would even attempt Survival without first reading about how it works on the Wiki! Especially considering how other new players have been complaining about them in this thread.

ATTN: NEW PLAYERS: Read about Survival on the Wiki before you join a group as dead weight. Oh, and never activate life support until it's well under 70%. I can't stand it when some idiot runs his Excalibur over to a beacon and activates it with life support at like 90%. Don't be that motherfucker! ~_~

Pop

Just picked up that Rifle Amp aura mod. :)

Have Mag, Banshee and Valkyr frames in the oven. Got the event badge today also. Just got to Rank 6, so I picked up the Soma. So far the day has been really good.

Kinda mind-blowing that you would even attempt Survival without first reading about how it works on the Wiki! Especially considering how other new players have been complaining about them in this thread.
Most players aren't going to read wikis - that just has to be understood. The onus is on the game to explain how it works and it just so happens that Warframe does a HORRIBLE job of this and even worse, seems like its providing a clear course progression when it isn't.

The worst bit is that you have missions with two to three very different types of players all occupying the same space and stepping on each other's toes. You have new players who are exploring and experimenting and taking their time, coming to grips with just what this game is, and for whom everything on offer is brand new. You also have your higher level players doing high speed sprints to kill the boss or the alert or operation or whatever, leaving those new players to fend for themselves and die alone off in some dank hallway. Then you have the farmers who are there for credits or plastids or whatever the hell the planet says it drops - and they'll ransack every last container and make sure not to miss any of them.

Throwing them all together into the same mix doesn't really work. But expecting players to read wikis for core gameplay or to plug in bluetooth keyboards to their PS4s so they can drop into text chat is a little... unrealistic.

Edit: Maybe instead of "Ninjas Play Free" this thread should be titled "Read the wiki." Reading it is good advice ;p

HORRORSHØW

Anyone up for some T3 defense missions vs. Corpus later? I'm convinced Ruk doesn't drop Split Chamber or Continuity + he's so boring to farm.

I can't tell if you're joking here, but if not then you should know that Survival missions have infinite length and provide a new reward every 5 minutes. The entire point is to go for as long as you possibly can. Many people farm the low level Survival missions because you're guaranteed to get a Void Key as the 15-minute reward. If you just rushed through to extraction and didn't help kill or collect life support then I'm sorry to say that you were the asshole. ;-)

ATTN: NEW PLAYERS: Read about Survival on the Wiki before you join a group as dead weight. Oh, and never activate life support until it's well under 70%. I can't stand it when some idiot runs his Excalibur over to a beacon and activates it with life support at like 90%. Don't be that motherfucker! ~_~

I've done survival before, many times, our team was dying a LOT and had to keep being revived, we weren't lasting and we needed to go before the while mission failed. Only one guy actually survived and barely.

Thanks for being a dick about it though.

Ugh, i really dislike the new the capture missions. I never succeed with a PUG. Someone triggers the runner too early and no one can catch up to be effective. They need to slow down their run speed a little. Or people need to try to knock him down more.

Really would love a better way to communicate, like a constant chat window up w/ time stamps, or at least the option.

I'm working my way through the back part of Saturn on my Nova, anyone care to join shoot me a message. PSN: jacob_armitage

EDIT: or even someone clearing through lower level content i have my Rhino i need to level up, i'd just enjoy playing with Gaffers more than randoms.

Edgeward

Capture missions can be easier once you get down the sprint slide, sprint slide move to accelerate faster and then once you catch up you then need a jump downward strike to knock him down. If you can keep a good cycle going or have everyone else catch up, he will go down in no time.

Capture missions can be easier once you get down the sprint slide, sprint slide move to accelerate faster and then once you catch up you then need a jump downward strike to knock him down. If you can keep a good cycle going or have everyone else catch up, he will go down in no time.

I have less issue doing them solo than with a group, its easy to chain knock 'em down when i'm on 'em. I suppose my issue is less with how they are designed but more so playing them with random players, when someone runs off ahead and triggers him to run when the group is a bit behind, or people going after the second target before the first one is captured.

I've just had 'em go wrong a few times and its rather frustrating. With so many capture missions being on the main path through the system its just draining.

Top Bottom