• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

molnizzle

Is it straight up just the gaf logo?

We just stole the one from the PC GAF clan:

XyPiiKH.png

EL Beefo

I have less issue doing them solo than with a group, its easy to chain knock 'em down when i'm on 'em. I suppose my issue is less with how they are designed but more so playing them with random players, when someone runs off ahead and triggers him to run when the group is a bit behind, or people going after the second target before the first one is captured.

I've just had 'em go wrong a few times and its rather frustrating. With so many capture missions being on the main path through the system its just draining.

I'm trying to get through the last two captures on Saturn right now if you still need help. Feel free to send me an invite.

Not really understanding this game. The mechanics seem enjoyable enough: movement is fluid, gunplay seems fairly precise and well-designed, and swordplay is visceral and satisfying. The actual gameplay falls apart in the mission design. Granted I've only played a couple of missions, but it just seems as though you're trudging your way through barren, repetitive caverns with three other people who comprehend the purpose of the game as poorly as you do, fighting hordes of enemies until you reach an arbitrary finish line. Someone please disabuse me of my misgivings by explaining what this game is actually about.

I'm trying to get through the last two captures on Saturn right now if you still need help. Feel free to send me an invite.

Bah i missed this (kept refreshing the previous page every now and then not realizing we'd hit a new one! haha).
If you're still down, i'll shoot you a message shortly. Is your PSN name the same as gaf?

Bah i missed this (kept refreshing the previous page every now and then not realizing we'd hit a new one! haha).
If you're still down, i'll shoot you a message shortly. Is your PSN name the same as gaf?
I'll play through Saturn with you, if you'd like. Need to finish that up myself. Just give a holla.

PSN: Justagame

Xater

Yeah usually it's there but I don't see it when I try to add mods to my sentinals laser rifle.

Just did the first mission on Saturn. It was a survival that apparently I had to do to progress. Randoms I were with were assholes. They didn't go to the escape pod for 15 minutes. I had to revive twice :/

They weren't assholes, they wanted to get more rewards out of the mission. To do that you don't flee right away.

Semper88

Finally got the last piece for the Rhino Frame!

I actually managed to make a whole new set of gear for him when he's done.

in the cooker :

Rhino Frame + Golden Potato
Boltor
Galantine
(Carrier still on the wishlist)

Who has some advice on a secondary for Rhino? because i've got no clue.

I'll play through Saturn with you, if you'd like. Need to finish that up myself. Just give a holla.

PSN: Justagame

Appreciate the help, in case you didn't get my last message (awful message system haha!) please hit me up if you need a hand with anything, or just someone to play with.

Going to take a break for a bit, maybe play some pinball arcade or make a late snack.

Appreciate the help, in case you didn't get my last message (awful message system haha!) please hit me up if you need a hand with anything, or just someone to play with.

Going to take a break for a bit, maybe play some pinball arcade or make a late snack.
Any time boss. If you ever need someone to roll witcha, just send an invite. I mostly run around playing survival anyway..need to finish these damn planets.

I need to do that as well. Really want Mag Prime.
Just got her yesterday. Seems pretty fun, but damn, did I miss my Rhino lol.

Personally, I tend to run with the Akbolto..for that mini Boltor feel.

AngerdX

hmmm seems i need to get my ass into gear and get to farming for ash frame closing in on 30 with loki, and as i keep failing the 1st mastery, Rhino which i could cook at once if i could buy the BP, let´s just say i seem to be extremly awful with a gun o_O

molnizzle

Not really understanding this game. The mechanics seem enjoyable enough: movement is fluid, gunplay seems fairly precise and well-designed, and swordplay is visceral and satisfying. The actual gameplay falls apart in the mission design. Granted I've only played a couple of missions, but it just seems as though you're trudging your way through barren, repetitive caverns with three other people who comprehend the purpose of the game as poorly as you do, fighting hordes of enemies until you reach an arbitrary finish line. Someone please disabuse me of my misgivings by explaining what this game is actually about.

Diablo X Vanquish. Loot hunt. Endgame is horde mode.

That about sums it up!

Carcetti

Finally got the last piece for the Rhino Frame!

I actually managed to make a whole new set of gear for him when he's done.

in the cooker :

Rhino Frame + Golden Potato
Boltor
Galantine
(Carrier still on the wishlist)

Just got my Rhino to rank 29 using that exact same combo of Boltor and Galatine. I wish I could give you a hint about the secondary but those two weapons just really took care of everything. I think I tried Kunais but they didn't even level up because I forgot to use them.

Any time boss. If you ever need someone to roll witcha, just send an invite. I mostly run around playing survival anyway..need to finish these damn planets.

Haha, similar issue i had. I have a 30 Trinity but mostly leveled her up recently and didn't progress very far on any planets. Now i'm trying to get my Nova & Rhino up.

Very eager to build a Mag Prime too.

If people are getting stuck, especially on the earlier planets, I'd be happy to help you pass it. Once you're over the hump, and start building weapons and frames, you'll look back and laugh as those puny planets pale in comparison to your awesome ninja-ness.

PSN: Ozzybx

Make sure to put Gaf in the message somewhere.

IvorB

Yeah usually it's there but I don't see it when I try to add mods to my sentinals laser rifle.

Just did the first mission on Saturn. It was a survival that apparently I had to do to progress. Randoms I were with were assholes. They didn't go to the escape pod for 15 minutes. I had to revive twice :/

If you are in survival I found last night a good tactic seems to be: when extraction is available head there to locate it and make sure you can get there easily. Then make a stand somewhere near there where you can let them come to you. This means you can keep fighting as long as you like and when it gets too hot you know where extraction is and you are near there and ready to go.

This game is crazy addictive, man. I've started modding my mods and that's a whole other thing. I have a viper sidearm in the oven for today. Think I might get two of them and dual-wield. I have the components to do this. I think the Viper seems to be a good balance between damage and speed that is available to me now. The default pistol is way too slow. They gave me a Grakata bluprint just for logging in but it doesn't seem like a good option to me.

Semper88

Personally, I tend to run with the Akbolto..for that mini Boltor feel.

Alright, that could be a option.

Just got my Rhino to rank 29 using that exact same combo of Boltor and Galatine. I wish I could give you a hint about the secondary but those two weapons just really took care of everything. I think I tried Kunais but they didn't even level up because I forgot to use them.

Ha! thats cool. I'm coming from Loki so i'll switch from squishy to tank (can't wait).

I was actually looking at dual vasto's.. don't know how good they are but they remind me of this

The44Magnum.jpg

IvorB

Ha! thats cool. I'm coming from Loki so i'll switch from squishy to tank (can't wait).

I was actually looking at dual vasto's.. don't know how good they are but they remind me of this

I was looking at the Vasto last night. It was on my shortlist. I decided against it due to slow speed and tiny "clip" size. Plus I'm not sure a revolver is an appropriate weapon for space warfare. But I guess if you like that high damage, make every shot count style then it count work well. Dual Vastos could be cool though, proper space cowboy :).

Semper88

I was looking at the Vasto last night. It was on my shortlist. I decided against it due to slow speed and tiny "clip" size. Plus I'm not sure a revolver is an appropriate weapon for space warfare. But I guess if you like that high damage, make every shot count style then it count work well. Dual Vastos could be cool though, proper space cowboy :).

I read that the dual vasto a more of a In your face weapon is due the high spread beyond mid / long range. So would fit nicely with Rhino and indeed space cowboy gunslinger!

HORRORSHØW

Anyone having trouble finding the Orokin Vaults? I'm having a hard time finding the damn thing. Took out all the enemies in Exterminate; been running around for 30 minutes looking for it.

I've been test driving Saryn and I really like her aesthetics and tankiness, but I'm not really sure how to use her abilities.

Venom: What are the typical use cases for this and does it become useful when fully upgraded? So far enemies just seem to die to gunfire before I can burst some bubbles, or laugh as the bubbles tickle them.
Molt: I suppose it takes away some aggro for a moment. Needs more testing.
Contagion: Um... marginally useful for infested hack-and-slash missions, maybe? Hit and run poison strikes on bosses? Something?
Miasma: Yeah, that works. I'd just like Saryn to be something more than a Miasma bot.

As for weapons, I spent a lot of time pondering about where to put the next potato. Then I built Hek and it all became clear.

Grimløck;94240339 said:
Anyone having trouble finding the Orokin Vaults? I'm having a hard time finding the damn thing. Took out all the enemies in Exterminate; been running around for 30 minutes looking for it.
Hey. Can you send an invite? Would like to find vaults as well.

IvorB

I read that the dual vasto a more of a In your face weapon is due the high spread beyond mid / long range. So would fit nicely with Rhino and indeed space cowboy gunslinger!

I spent a long time scrutinising different sidearms options last night. There is a lot of chin scratching to be done in this game. Love it. Looks like we are finishing work early today so I guess I can check out my new purchase this afternoon.

Semper88

I spent a long time scrutinising different sidearms options last night. There is a lot of chin scratching to be done in this game. Love it. Looks like we are finishing work early today so I guess I can check out my new purchase this afternoon.

There is.. and it also seems like all the weapons are good with propper modding!

same here, gotta wait for Rhino to compleet tho... thinking about to rush the bugger so i can start playing :p

The clan logo is pretty good and probably won't clash with a lot of the warframe colors.

I've been test driving Saryn and I really like her aesthetics and tankiness, but I'm not really sure how to use her abilities.

I main saryn and I only use molt for distraction if I'm about to revive somebody, and miasma to just destroy everything. The other two aren't immediately effective so they fall off the usablity chart.

Man, punch through is awesome.

So very much. Fun to use against all the guys taking cover. I also like shooting through doors.

Sdoots

Hey guys, I'm all but certain that I'll be going ahead and spending the 50 bucks on the Steam sale offer going on now for the "Tenno Pack" (usually 100 bucks), and check out the new gear between 11 and 11.5.

I'll let you all know what I think of said gear after spending some time with each piece. Anything in specific you all want me to look at?

Finally worked out my issue with pushing forward, bit of a relief to be honest.

In the 25+ hours I've played I haven't receieved a single shield mod. That was until last night. My current health is 540, but my shield is only 280. Pretty low compared to what I've seen people running with. I'm gonna farm for the last of my Rhino parts which is just the helmet I believe then farm for more Plastids and see if I can get some more shield upgrades to drop so I can fuse them.

Glad I got back into this game after my hiatus, it really is one of the best ftp games I've played.

Codiox

hey guys, got a problem with my titan extractor, i cant get him to work on another planet. everytime i collect him, it automatically send him to the same planet. and now even the timer is gone, it just said "pending" and the "L3 to collect him" is greyed....

also, what are the best weapons for rhino? i just got me the boltor and scindo blueprint to start with.

Murometz

Neo Member
hey guys, got a problem with my titan extractor, i cant get him to work on another planet. everytime i collect him, it automatically send him to the same planet. and now even the timer is gone, it just said "pending" and the "L3 to collect him" is greyed....

also, what are the best weapons for rhino? i just got me the boltor and scindo blueprint to start with.
Extractor is simply bugged right now :(. Mine randomly switches from a cleared planet to ones I never touched, so I can't even retrieve it till it dies lol.
As for weapons, pick something good against every faction, check damage 2.0 on wiki and pick something with high Impact or Puncture.

Murometz

Neo Member
Finally worked out my issue with pushing forward, bit of a relief to be honest.

In the 25+ hours I've played I haven't receieved a single shield mod. That was until last night. My current health is 540, but my shield is only 280. Pretty low compared to what I've seen people running with. I'm gonna farm for the last of my Rhino parts which is just the helmet I believe then farm for more Plastids and see if I can get some more shield upgrades to drop so I can fuse them.

Glad I got back into this game after my hiatus, it really is one of the best ftp games I've played.
Glad it's falling into place for you. Definitely need that Redirection for more shields. I also use Fast Deflection for quicker recharge and Steel Fiber for more armor.
Max out your Rhino's Iron Skin and you will NEVER DIE /hype
Oh, and you don't need same mods to fuse: use fusion cores (it's what they are for) or even mods of same polarities (only if you're sure you won't need them later).

Sdoots

Shotguns are good with him, since he's up close most of the time anyways, tanking the damage. As for which one, well, that's up to you. I prefer Sobek but as I've said in here before, it takes a lot of grind to become viable, whereas the other shotguns can be useful out of the box.

Look at like this: You are going to be going in close, and fighting up close. Do you want to be able to deal damage from that distance, and as you close it? The Hek is the better gun easily. It's got best in class range, hands down. With an extra ammo capacity mod, you can get a lot of that.

If you want to have something to compliment your melee once you are actually in the middle of that bigass mob, the Sobek might be a better option, as you can get a monstrous ROF on it eventually to compliment the 20 round magazine.

Strun is also good, but not long term, imo.

polychron

I'm just starting to get into the game, seems pretty fun. I'm iceslayer66 on SEN and I'm usually on during the day GMT. Feel free to add me if you want to play together. Is there any sort of GAF clan I can join?

Energy Siphon alert up in Ceres for 40 min or so. Any chance someone with that unlocked can pass along an invite? I don't have ceres available yet, and I missed it the last few times when it was somewhere I had unlocked.

Top Bottom