• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Raide

I only have one in use, the default Excalibur. Either I don't have another slot or I don't see where to toggle.

Edit: to be clear, I'm going to Arsenal then pressing X (equip) on the Warframe (which is Excalibur, the only warframe I had prior to claiming 2 in the foundry). And the other warframes that show there require purchase, including the 2 I built and claimed (ember and rhino).

You make 3 parts of the warframe and then you need the blueprint for the completed warframe. So you will need 4 blueprints in total before it completed. Also you have to wait for them all, so best to do the basic 3 at the same time if possible.

I didn't buy anything, I acquired the blueprints as item drops from bosses.

You get the component blueprint but you need to buy the final one from the shop to built the frame.

Kurod

Banned

That's it then. You have to buy the main blueprint for about 35,000 credits in the market. The blueprints that bosses drop only make the components required. It also takes 3 days to cook in the foundry.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Blueprints for parts drop from bosses. The blueprint to built the Warframe is on the market for credits. You need the helm, chassis, systems, and market blueprint.

qcf x2

Hold on, you're saying it took 15 hours to build and subsequently let me claim an unfinished item?

Before I spend/waste virtual currency, can someone confirm that once I buy the Rhino blueprint for 35,000 credits I will be able to use the warframe?

Kurod

Banned
Hold on, you're saying it took 15 hours to build and subsequently let me claim an unfinished item?

Before I spend/waste virtual currency, can someone confirm that once I buy the Rhino blueprint for 35,000 credits I will be able to use the warframe?

After buying the blueprints you'll need the helmet, chassis, systems, orokin cell, and another 25,000 credits to put it all together. Then it'll take 3 full days to build.

qcf x2

After buying the blueprints you'll need the helmet, chassis, systems, orokin cell, and another 25,000 credits to put it all together. Then it'll take 3 full days to build.

Wow, I guess that's how they get you then. This thing could really use a quality in-game guide. And a totally redesigned map, with a legend. But mostly a guide (though I recently found the wikia).

Thx for the info guys, I'll probably be back in a few days, lol.

molnizzle

Wow, I guess that's how they get you then. This thing could really use a quality in-game guide. And a totally redesigned map, with a legend. But mostly a guide (though I recently found the wikia).

Thx for the info guys, I'll probably be back in a few days, lol.

They actually did add a Codex in U11, I'm not sure how useful it is though. Wiki is always your best bet for the time being.

Also you should probably always try to keep in mind that "free-to-play" is a business model, not a charity. DE still wants to make money and the game has been designed to encourage you to open your wallet. You don't have to, but you'll probably want to.

Once you get lots of things cooking in the foundry i found its not a bother waiting for things to be done, waiting on the first warframe though felt like it took forever.

qcf x2

They actually did add a Codex in U11, I'm not sure how useful it is though. Wiki is always your best bet for the time being.

Also you should probably always try to keep in mind that "free-to-play" is a business model, not a charity. DE still wants to make money and the game has been designed to encourage you to open your wallet. You don't have to, but you'll probably want to.

The codex is useless. And I'm aware it's f2p. I wasn't bashing the devs, just totally lost as to what was going on (which is an issue regardless of price).

Tennos be cookin' like 24/7 y'all.

Oh man, someone needs to make a gif of the "I am the one who knocks" Breaking Bad animated gif with a warframe head superimposed on it. But which head? Hmmm

But yeah, I feel your pain. I've got a Nyx *and* a Oberon cooking right now, and my Vauban just hit 30 so i'm stuck not leveling my frame untill the damn things come out of the oven.

I opened a new slot the other day, almost level 30 on my rhino, but I can't decide on what frame to go for next.. wouldn't mind something with better crowd control.. any suggestions would be helpful I have a full ash just ready to build, but I wanted to see what a few of you guys suggested before I dedicate a new slot..

Ash is fun, but not really what I would consider a traditional crowd control character. I actually really like Vauban for his all-around utility. His shock grenades are super cheap and knock enemies out of their animation routines even if they don't do that much damamge (very useful on defense missions), Bastille is fantastic crowd control, and his void grenade power wrecks low level stuff, and will also trap higher level stuff for a while even if it doesn't kill them. What makes him kind of fun compared to other CC / utility frames is all his stuff is chuckable grenades, so you don't have to trigger them directly on you... you can throw Bastille at a choke point a decent distance away without actually needing to be there yourself.

Plus, he just looks freaking awesome (personal opinion). Very, very different aesthetic from the other frames.

foxdvd

I have a question about elemental damage. Does any bonuses or penalties that an element does (like magnetic doing 50% less damage vs alloy armor) only apply to the specific elemental damage? If my gun does 50 base damage with another 30 magnetic, the penalty against alloy armor would be only on the 30 and not the total 80 right?

HORRORSHØW

I have a question about elemental damage. Does any bonuses or penalties that an element does (like magnetic doing 50% less damage vs alloy armor) only apply to the specific elemental damage? If my gun does 50 base damage with another 30 magnetic, the penalty against alloy armor would be only on the 30 and not the total 80 right?
I believe that's right. I don't think you can hit an enemy for zero damage. Although the type of physical damage also comes into play (Impact, Puncture, Slash), so maybe you can do no damage when the wrong elemental is combined with the wrong physical (slash+toxic for Robotics).

I just had one of those epic moments. I thought I'd do a couple of survival farming runs before going to bed. The first one gave me 4000 credits at 20 minutes, meh. The second was one of those torture rounds where it seemed impossible to get life support - the infested simply were not spawning enough or dropping enough capsules.

I had already resigned myself to run out at 15 minutes for a void key, but then I hit a sweet spot that kept me clawing away at 20-30% for a couple of minutes. At 18:20 I was at around 20% with one Lotus Capsule™ available, so I just needed a couple more drops. I popped the last one and ran my ass off towards extraction, killing anything in the way and getting just enough to last to 20 minutes.

20 seconds before the end my Iron Skin runs out and a disrupter tentacle-slaps me in the face draining my energy, with no blue balls around; my face was rapidly turning blue, though. I tried to play it safe and ran awa... tactically retreated for the last seconds, until *HELL'S CHAMBER*. Cue ninja flip to the exit and some needlessly physical celebration.

This was a good day.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the game calculates the damage for each type separately, and then adds them up.

Just started this, playing as Mag frame right now. I'm looking to play more a support role over time.

Pretty fun thusfar, but very confusing at times. Still trying to figure things out.

So far though, its quite fun.

molnizzle

Any advice for getting the rare components needed for the Rhino? They seem in various systems I don't have open yet.

That should tell you that you need to open them up. :)

For Control Modules specifically, join a T1 Void mission you see advertised in chat. Exterminate will be easiest. Everything else you get from the normal planets.

ParityBit

That should tell you that you need to open them up. :)

For Control Modules specifically, join a T1 Void mission you see advertised in chat. Exterminate will be easiest. Everything else you get from the normal planets.

Yeah yeah. Stupid map! So hard to tell which direction to go and what needs to be/has been unlocked!

Whats a T1 void mission?

So what are the ideal mods per faction? I want to make a build for each faction so I need to know the best physical/elemental mods that work on each one. I'm just now learning about combos like magnetic and blast but it only further complicates my understanding of enemy weaknesses/strengths. I assume most of you have a build for grinder, corpus and infested? Do you factor in robots?

ReaperXL7

I recently unlocked my Rhino, and after getting my excalibur up pretty high I am debating on getting an affinity booster from the shop as I have just enough platinum to grab one.

Has anyone bought one at this point, does it cut the time to regain affinity for a new frame down by enough to warrant the cost? Ill probably just grind ot out again, but I thought I would see if anyone bothered to try a booster.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I recently unlocked my Rhino, and after getting my excalibur up pretty high I am debating on getting an affinity booster from the shop as I have just enough platinum to grab one.

Has anyone bought one at this point, does it cut the time to regain affinity for a new frame down by enough to warrant the cost? Ill probably just grind it out again, but I thought I would see if anyone bothered to try a booster.
Don't buy Affinity Boosters - there's no need for them, unless you buy the higher end Platinum packs and get them for free.

So what are the ideal mods per faction? I want to make a build for each faction so I need to know the best physical/elemental mods that work on each one. I'm just now learning about combos like magnetic and blast but it only further complicates my understanding of enemy weaknesses/strengths. I assume most of you have a build for grinder, corpus and infested? Do you factor in robots?

This might help, posted earlier:
eChkOIi.png

HORRORSHØW

Has anyone bought one at this point, does it cut the time to regain affinity for a new frame down by enough to warrant the cost? Ill probably just grind ot out again, but I thought I would see if anyone bothered to try a booster.
I wouldn't bother with boosters for platinum. If you need to level up a new frame/weapon, just do some survival missions, specifically the one in Mercury. I leveled up my Saryn from 0-23 in 2 days. The Soma took me about 2 hours to get from 0-12. You'll also get some tower keys and rare mods, provided you stick around for at least 15 minutes.

molnizzle

I've been rolling with both affinity and credit boosters since day 1. That's me though, it's a personal choice.

This is the most updated Damage 2.0 table on PC; DE has been constantly tweaking things.

I feel like my settings got all wonky after the 11 update.

Sensitivity messed up, volumes too high, and now melee is acting odd. Auto target enemies is enabled but my tenno won't do it. Align with camera is off.

After tweaking them I did a mercury mission. Suddenly the game feels a lot more interesting although it would be great to physically land on a planet.

I still hate how few resources (for crafting) you gain with each mission. It really shouldn't be such a grind just to get materials. But if they have yet to change that they probably never will.

oktarb

Need a little Trinity advice.

Two of the abilities are single target: Well of Life and Energy Drain. It seems to me these aren't very useful. One, the target (except bosses) die so fast that it's almost a waste of time to use it. Two, not only do health and energy globes drop consistently but there are aura mods that regenerate both these stats.

Am I missing something, do these become more useful in late game?

HORRORSHØW

Two of the abilities are single target: Well of Life and Energy Drain. It seems to me these aren't very useful. One, the target (except bosses) die so fast that it's almost a waste of time to use it. Two, not only do health and energy globes drop consistently but there are aura mods that regenerate both these stats.

Trinity's Hidden Power Combo

molnizzle

From previous page:

Trinity + Shade = ultimate solo boss farm beast mode.

Just look at this dumb shit: http://youtu.be/PSQZar1x8Wo

such Warframe

Raide

The capture missions are a pain. Nearly broke my DS4 yesterday!

I found it easier to just chase them to where they try and lock themselves in to escape. If you can get into the room that they get into, they will concentrate on killing you and not on trying to escape. Pretty clutch if you play co-op and you manage to sneak in there and kill them while everyone else just gave up on it.

Yoday

I got the blueprints for the Rhino parts, so now it is time to start collecting that mats. I'm pretty excited to try out Rhino, as I love tank classes, but damn do I love Mag's ability to just kill everything with the wave of a hand.

ParityBit

I got the blueprints for the Rhino parts, so now it is time to start collecting that mats. I'm pretty excited to try out Rhino, as I love tank classes, but damn do I love Mag's ability to just kill everything with the wave of a hand.

I am working on parts myself!

PirateKing

I only tried four times to get all three parts of Nova, I feel pretty lucky. Can people recommend me what cards, weapons etc would make me really powerful? I feel pretty weak compared to some some players I played with today.

Also it seems like no one plays in those level 1 keys inside the Void :(

Edit: does anyone know how to extend the slots limitation for weapons and Warframes? I'm assuming upgrades right?

Top Bottom