• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

EL Beefo

Would anyone with Xini unlocked be able to invite me to it so it'll unlock for me? It's sounds like the best place to farm for barrel diffusion (among other rares) and it's going to make my twin vipers even more fun than they already are.

Helscream, Bitmapfrog and I were running a survival mission today. Got to 20 minutes, bad drop, got to 25, bad drop, got to 26, killed a random ancient - split chamber.
Thanks guys.

EL Beefo

Just got Barrel Diffusion! Combined with Lethal Torrent I'll be able to have 180% multishot, so 100% chance of firing two bullets and an 80% chance of firing three!

So had my first time online since the update, used my full grineer build against corpus and noticed the differance straight away in damage output. Big difference.

Got lots of mods/weapons to get to make my frame viable in all situations :/ turns out most of my weapons are high puncture output. I have no impact weapons at all! So I'm gonna need to do a lot of researching now to find out where all the items I want drop.

Farming for rhino just now, got head and chassis, nearly there :D

ParityBit

So had my first time online since the update, used my full grineer build against corpus and noticed the differance straight away in damage output. Big difference.

Got lots of mods/weapons to get to make my frame viable in all situations :/ turns out most of my weapons are high puncture output. I have no impact weapons at all! So I'm gonna need to do a lot of researching now to find out where all the items I want drop.

Farming for rhino just now, got head and chassis, nearly there :D

I am working on my Rhino also. I have two parts built, but I am still working on a control module. Stupid thing! Then I Will need to find the parts to build the whole thing. When I am running around with other people online, I am so underpowered right now!

I was going to pick up Sentinel plans, which is a good one to grab?

I am working on my Rhino also. I have two parts built, but I am still working on a control module. Stupid thing! Then I Will need to find the parts to build the whole thing. When I am running around with other people online, I am so underpowered right now!

I'm only building the Rhino cos GAF told me to :p

Personally I'd prefer a vauban or valkyr or a mag/frost prime!

Are the mods that drop completely random across all planets? Or are there loot tables for each planet where by you can only recover certain mods from certain planets?

Also is there a write up for "must have mods"?

Can you trade blueprints?
Or is it limited to mods and keys?

Just got my starting frame Mag up to level 30, what am I supposed to do with her now?

Really enjoyed using Mag, don't have any other frames to move on to yet, closest to getting rhino, just the systems blueprint and components to build required.

Are the mods that drop completely random across all planets? Or are there loot tables for each planet where by you can only recover certain mods from certain planets?

Loot tables are specific to enemies. You can see their drops in the codex when you get enough scans (get the Codex Scanner from the market, equip it and start snapping). Defense and survival missions also have their own reward tables depending on the enemy tier; data mining can't be done anymore as the tables are now encrypted, but you can get a decent, if a bit outdated, idea of the rewards in the wiki.

Some must have mods:
Redirection (not the sentinel one) for more shields.
Serration/Hornet Strike/Point Blank/Pressure Point for more damage.
Elemental damage mods.
Flow/Focus/Streamline/Stretch/Continuity for abilities.
Later on, multishot mods (Split Chamber/Barrel Diffusion/Hell's Chamber).
Auras. Keep your eyes peeled for aura alerts; you want at least one to start with, doesn't matter which one.

Just got my starting frame Mag up to level 30, what am I supposed to do with her now?

Grind for more warframe parts and giggle as you destroy hordes of Corpus bots with Shield Polarize. You could use a forma to reset her and polarize a slot, but you'll probably want to wait until you have more mods and a better idea of what you want.

frizby

I was going to pick up Sentinel plans, which is a good one to grab?

Seriously, for control modules, do a void mission. Surely you have a few keys, and even if you don't, there are always people recruiting void players in the in-game chat.

I think most people would tell you to get Dethcube, but I have a real soft spot for Carrier. When he isn't around, I really miss him grabbing loot for me, and I love that his shotgun doesn't use the same mods as my primary.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I'm only building the Rhino cos GAF told me to :p

Personally I'd prefer a vauban or valkyr or a mag/frost prime!

Vauban will be a bit tricky to get unless you wanna splurge 15 dollars for it on the platinum store.

Blueprint and parts for that warframe are only awarded from alert missions and the last part offered was weeks ago.

edit: just loaded the twitter, lawl 2h ago the systems went up.

Vauban will be a bit tricky to get unless you wanna splurge 15 dollars for it on the platinum store.

Blueprint and parts for that warframe are only awarded from alert missions and the last part offered was weeks ago.

edit: just loaded the twitter, lawl 2h ago the systems went up.

I swear I need to stop scrolling down to see what alerts I missed when checking the twitter feed. Saw that missed the 3am vauban systems and had a sad sigh. Worst part was I couldn't sleep, and was acually lying awake when that popped.

Maybe I should try countng infested to get to sleep.

Sdoots

Hey guys, I spent some time with Oberon, the Karak rifle, and whatever the new Mace is called, and here's my thoughts on what you all have to look forward too. Keep in mind, this is from roughly 4 hours of gameplay, though each item had affinity boosters in place and potatoes.

Oberon:

I have a soft spot for anything "Paladin", but goddamn, this is my new favorite frame.

Skill 1 is a projectile which, upon hitting the target, launches homing projectiles off the hit enemy that seek out any nearby enemies. Not as good at CC as a true AOE attack, but in terms of versatility, I can see this getting a lot of use. Range by default is pretty poor, looking forward to seeing what my maxed Stretch does to it.

Skill 2 sends out a damaging "carpet" effect in front of Oberon, the fire stays for a brief period of time hurting any foe standing in it. Seems like you'd use it to stack on some damage, rather than as your primary means for dishing out damage, if that makes any sense.

Skill 3 is a healing aura. Very easy to use, which I appreciated, given how chaotic this game gets. Pop it, and waves flow out of Oberon and into nearby teammates. Lasts for longer than I expected without any power extension mods.

Skill 4 lifts enemies up, then slams them into the ground using YOUR MIND/Holy Tenno power. Whichever you prefer. Didn't get to use this myself yet due to prioritizing shield/health mods over the ult mod, but it sounds like it'll be yet another handy CC.

Karak:

It's an M4. No, really. It holds 30 rounds, has an average rate of fire, reload speed, and damage. Crit rate is pretty poor, and didn't seem to do much when it did crit. Sort of the anti-Soma. Seems like they made it almost entirely to have a higher end jack of all trades rifle.

Mace (Think it's called the Brightstar):

Impact Damage, with innate chance to cause Blast Damage on hit. I prefer slicing dudes in half, but there is something to be said about hitting a guy so hard that you create a small explosion. Just wish it weren't a heavy weapon, seems like every new melee weapon is heavy at this point.

ParityBit

This game really needs a companion app.

Buy stuff, change colors/items on your guy.

Update Mods, fuse them, etc.

So many things it could do ...

Okay, so whats the deal with the melee kill counter? I've sliced up tons of guys, yet it only shows a handful of kills, even when I know no one shot said enemies.

Also, is there a known bug with the first boss on Mercury? He seems to bug out and stop taking damage.

oktarb

Okay, so whats the deal with the melee kill counter? I've sliced up tons of guys, yet it only shows a handful of kills, even when I know no one shot said enemies.

Also, is there a known bug with the first boss on Mercury? He seems to bug out and stop taking damage.

That's happened to me as well. Calling it a bug.

Im slowly getting to grips with the game, The controls are still abit iffy especially running, But its a fun experience, And was chuffed when I bought the MAG blueprint.......Until I realised it was only that..........a blueprint, Now gotta find the parts it needs.

I feel like the game is teasing me, i've recieved 2 blueprints as a log in reward nearly back to back.

What's the deal with remote play on this. The buttons seem fucked up

Anyone know?

Yeah, there's a pretty limited set of alternations to be made to the control scheme. You can switch auto-aim on or off, or move your powers to the d-pad instead of using the touch screen, but there isn't much more customization than that. It's a huge shame because the zoom should absolutely be on L1 when using remote play, and it isn't. It makes remote play pretty impractical unfortunately unless you want to play the game as only melee or without any kind of ranged accuracy. I hope they add more customization options.

ParityBit

Anyone have issues keeping the left joystick down to sprint? Seems like half the time I slip off and then start my normal run. Are there alternate control settings?

Also, question about Mastery Rank. Any suggestions when trying those? I have yet to try one.

Anyone have issues keeping the left joystick down to sprint? Seems like half the time I slip off and then start my normal run. Are there alternate control settings?

Also, question about Mastery Rank. Any suggestions when trying those? I have yet to try one.

Isn't it just click to sprint? funny i'm at work and can't remember the control scheme exactly despite playing so much.

But i'm quite sure its not required to be held down.

As for the mastery challenges, they have all been very easy for me so far. Just grab your highend frame/gear

atpbx

Switch the sprint toggle on in options.

Problem solved.

Mastery Ranks are very simple combat and hacking trials till rank 6, then they get harder.

I'm trying to run tower 2/ 3 exterminates for Frost Prime's System, and I'm also looking for the Focus mod tonight if anyone is down. I have a level 30 Mag, level 30 Loki, Level 30 Rhino, and Level 24 Ash.

PSN: NovaIS35O

I'm trying to run tower 2/ 3 exterminates for Frost Prime's System, and I'm also looking for the Focus mod tonight if anyone is down. I have a level 30 Mag, level 30 Loki, Level 30 Rhino, and Level 24 Ash.

I'm interested in getting Frost Prime as well, so I'd be game. I have a level 28 Nova (formad).

PSN: The_Octodad

Make sure on the first one to unequip your Sentinal. If your sentinel kills a guy when you're supposed to be using your pistol, you fail.

I got this from an alert today:

BcMPzQQIgAAXIVi.jpg:orig

HORRORSHØW

Around what time? I have level 30: Ash, Mag, Rhino, Volt, Saryn. And a level 17 Nyx. I'm down if there's room. Also, I'm willing to trade Focus for Stormbringer or Continuity.

Could we work with the Gaf clan to trade mods that we don't need? I think we could do a better job helping each other out honestly. I know a couple of clans that are basically giving away high level mods to other members that are active.

I have a few I'm willing to share, but maybe we can set something up to help each other out.

I'm down as well, have a level 30 Trinity but i won't be home until around 11pm EST. If you're running late, i'd love to come along

PSN: jacob_armitage

Top Bottom