• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Got the Rhino helmet after 3 more runs. Just building the first part now. I guess I need to buy the Rhino blueprint too to put it together. Gonna farm for shield upgrades now. Pity it's random. I guess defense is probably my best best.

ParityBit

Couple of quick mod questions ...

Is there an easy way to just flip though the cards you have? I select the mod option, and then I have to select fusion of some other option to see what the card actually does ...

I know you want to fuse mods so you get higher ranks, and I know sometimes it may not be worth it to have a high polarity value. But as a noob, is it best to just combine the cards since I only have one frame and a single set of weapons?

molnizzle

I know you want to fuse mods so you get higher ranks, and I know sometimes it may not be worth it to have a high polarity value. But as a noob, is it best to just combine the cards since I only have one frame and a single set of weapons?

Yes, just make sure you're using mods with the some polarity symbol when you fuse them. You get much more upgrade power when the mods have the same polarity. Most bang for the buck.

It's also not a bad idea to keep at least two of all your rifle/shotgun/sidearm mods so you have an extra set for your sentinels. The different sentinels come with different weapons, so you'll want extra of even shotgun and pistol if you can swing it. With Warframe and melee mods you only need to worry about keeping one of each.

As got easy flipping, no, you gotta just select "Fuse" and look at them that way. You can also press triangle to sort them by different criteria. It's helpful to sort by polarity and and use the "all mods" tab when fusing. Easiest way to see ALL of your duplicate mods of whatever polarity you need.

I've done survival before, many times, our team was dying a LOT and had to keep being revived, we weren't lasting and we needed to go before the while mission failed. Only one guy actually survived and barely.

Thanks for being a dick about it though.

If they were just there to farm keys then I'm sure they would rather just attempt to hit 15min and fail rather than bail out early and waste the mission. Only one person needs to make it to extraction for the mission to pass, you coulda just stayed dead. :p

If they were just there to farm keys then I'm sure they would rather just attempt to hit 15min and fail rather than bail out early and waste the mission. Only one person needs to make it to extraction for the mission to pass, you coulda just stayed dead. :p

That's what three of us did actually. Just left it on the revive/forfeit screen until he finished :D

So I have a couple of void keys, a tower 1 defense and a tower 1 survival. Obviously these aren't meant to be done alone even though I tried lol. Anyone online now up for some? I need a control module for my Rhino.

oktarb

Most players aren't going to read wikis - that just has to be understood.

I was in three, THREE, matches recently where 2 or more people had NO idea that they could level up a mod. Almost every time I join a random group I'm able to blow someones mind with a piece of knowledge.

I just had Energy Syphon drop for me. It's an Aura but doesn't show up when I try to add it to Excalibur. I checked the wiki and it just says it's for warframes in general. Is this anything to do with the polarity?

My gold Aura slot is currently empty.

HORRORSHØW

I just had Energy Syphon drop for me. It's an Aura but doesn't show up when I try to add it to Excalibur. I checked the wiki and it just says it's for warframes in general. Is this anything to do with the polarity?

My gold Aura slot is currently empty.

You sure it's an Energy Siphon that dropped? I thought you could only get that through Alerts.

HORRORSHØW

Yep for sure. It says Energy Syphon, then it has a 2 with an arrow facing up on the top right and it says it's a common drop and it regenerates at +0.1 power rate.
Let me borrow this gif for a sec:

Kevin-Butler-Mind-Blown.gif

As for why you can't equip it, I have no idea. It may have something to do with your Polarity. Remember, Aura mods essentially double the amount of mod points you can use; if the Polarity is different, you're going to have a deficit.

Grimløck;94279954 said:
Let me borrow this gif for a sec:

Kevin-Butler-Mind-Blown.gif

As for why you can't equip it, I have no idea. It may have something to do with your Polarity. Remember, Aura mods essentially double the amount of mod points you can use; if the Polarity is different, you're going to have a deficit.

So I have a potato on ny Excalibur already. If I buy a forma to polarize it, could it work?

Edit: Nevermind I just read up on what polarizing does and I definitely don't want to reset to zero.

HORRORSHØW

So I have a potato on ny Excalibur already. If I buy a forma to polarize it, could it work?
Do you have another frame you could test it on, and see if you're having trouble equipping it? How many free mod points do you have right now? Maybe take a screen shot?

Even if the polarity's are different, you should be able to equip it provided you have enough mod points.

Grimløck;94280620 said:
Do you have another frame you could test it on, and see if you're having trouble equipping it? How many free mod points do you have right now? Maybe take a screen shot?

Even if the polarity's are different, you should be able to equip it provided you have enough mod points.

Here's the screenshot. Looks like awful quality on my phone, hope you can read it.

https://twitter.com/SirMossy/status/414116178228174848

Grimløck;94281547 said:
You have more than enough points to equip it. I have no idea what the problem is. Sorry. you should definitely try it on another frame to see if you're having the same issue.

Once I build my Rhino I'll see if that works.

molnizzle

Edit: Nevermind I just read up on what polarizing does and I definitely don't want to reset to zero.

Keep in mind that Aura mods give you mod points rather than take them away. Energy Siphon in particular gives you 7 points when fully maxed. The key to auras is that if your aura slot matches the polarity of the mod you're using then yot get double the points. That means that if you fuse Energy Siphon up to max rank and Forma your Excalibur you'll start of with 14 mod points even with the Warframe at rank 0. It's 100% worth doing for every Warframe that you plan to actually use.
So maybe not Excalibur. lol

molnizzle

Done, thanks.

Edit: lol fixed already. Wow, that's one hell of a support system.

Yeah, DE's customer support is surprisingly incredible. You don't need worry if you accidentally fuse a mod you meant to keep, sell a blueprint you still need, buy an item that you didn't know you couldn't use, mistakenly Forma something with the wrong polarity, etc. Just make a support ticket and DE will usually take care of you within a few hours.

EDIT: Usually within a few minutes, actually.

hyp

what's the best way to go about initiating a trade? it's only between clan members right? i need some orokin cells in trade for rare mods.

molnizzle

what's the best way to go about initiating a trade? it's only between clan members right? i need some orokin cells in trade for rare mods.

It's between anyone, you just have to do it at the trading post in a clan dojo. We have one in in the main hall of the NeoGAF dojo. You can invite non-clan members to your dojo and vice versa.

Unfortunately trading is currently limited to mods, keys and platinum. No way to trade for Orokin Cells, blueprints, etc.

Of course, you could always just try to sell some of your rare mods for plat and then buy Orokin Cells from the market. You really shouldn't though, just run the Derelict Assassination mission and kill the Lephantis boss. You almost always get at least 1 Cell, sometimes more. You'll also get Mutegen Samples which we currently need for clan research!

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Can you just send people mods if they're offline?

Only one PlayStation in the house, but we'd like to swap a couple mods between us.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Of course, you could always just try to sell some of your rare mods for plat and then buy Orokin Cells from the market. You really shouldn't though, just run the Derelict Assassination mission and kill the Lephantis boss. You almost always get at least 1 Cell, sometimes more. You'll also get Mutegen Samples which we currently need for clan research!
How hard is that boss? I've got an Assassination Key sitting aside.

A couple newb questions.

I've beaten the "boss" on mercury. There's one mission left there that I am getting hammered on. Groups get hammered on. I've done it about 10 times and never finished it. Is it not really for people at my low level (7) or are myself and other newbs just awful?

Also how valid is soloing? Seemed fine for the first 5 or so missions but is nigh impossible in the first mission in the sector after mercury.

Also - any idea how long this plat sale is going on for? I'm 90% i'm hooked but now that I hit a bit of a wall pretty early in the game I'd like a little bit of time to think it over.

char0n

I'm just starting to get into this, and it's a lot of fun already but so confusing for an oldie from the age of UT/Q3A Deathmatches, mostly due to the F2P nature making me worried about every choice I make (I had to pause and switch back to my PC to look up which warframe to pick for starting). Between that and multiple currencies and weapons mastery, helper guys, items that seem to be one-time use... I've got an uphill road to climb figuring this stuff out! I don't mind spending money on things here and there but I also don't want to do the whole "buy this neat sounding item/warframe, find out I get it for free as a drop in the next mission" thing. Still I'm loving the gameplay so far, so much better than the last F2P TPS I played (the one that the guys who did the new Tribes: Ascend did before that).

Next time I get time to play I might have to set something up with some fellow GAFers to help beat the n00b out of me.

SnakeEyes

Banned
A couple newb questions.

I've beaten the "boss" on mercury. There's one mission left there that I am getting hammered on. Groups get hammered on. I've done it about 10 times and never finished it. Is it not really for people at my low level (7) or are myself and other newbs just awful?

Also how valid is soloing? Seemed fine for the first 5 or so missions but is nigh impossible in the first mission in the sector after mercury.

Also - any idea how long this plat sale is going on for? I'm 90% i'm hooked but now that I hit a bit of a wall pretty early in the game I'd like a little bit of time to think it over.
If the mission you're getting hammered on is a Survival or Defence, then soloing is not viable and you will have to play with a group. If your groups are bad, you'll just have to keep at it until you get a good one, or ask in Clan Chat and put one together with GAFers. Survival only requires you be get to the first 5mins before you can bug out and complete the mission (bearing in mind, though, that the longer you stay the more and better loot you get).

Soloing in general is fine if you're doing the early missions, or later Execution missions in particular. Survivals, Defences, and Captures are simply too much of a pain in the ass to run solo and for the most part need other people to assist. I've honestly had very little trouble doing missions with PUGs, only when it's been Defence and Survival missions have I had to run a mission more than once.

Oh, and the Alad V boss fight. Some people in that have no fucking clue what they're doing either... ~_~

molnizzle

A couple newb questions.

I really can't emphasize enough that if you're not willing or interested in looking stuff up on the Wiki then Warframe is not the game for you. The game itself simply does not tell you what you need to know. It doesn't even hint at it. Maybe it should, but it doesn't. You will never stop feeling like you're just flapping in the wind with no idea what's going on until you take it upon yourself to start looking things up on your own.

I really can't emphasize enough that if you're not willing or interested in looking stuff up on the Wiki then Warframe is not the game for you. The game itself simply does not tell you what you need to know. It doesn't even hint at it. Maybe it should, but it doesn't. You will never stop feeling like you're just flapping in the wind with no idea what's going on until you take it upon yourself to start looking things up on your own.

I'm ok with that... but typically I find you need a fairly basic knowledge of the game before the wiki makes sense. Like... today it makes more sense than yesterday. So I'm still fumbling around - but as it starts to come together I will definitely dig into the wiki.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I'm ok with that... but typically I find you need a fairly basic knowledge of the game before the wiki makes sense. Like... today it makes more sense than yesterday. So I'm still fumbling around - but as it starts to come together I will definitely dig into the wiki.
You're on the right track, it's how it is for everyone.

So no idea on the length of the plat sale?

I assume I have atleast until the store updates on tuesday. I'll probably pull the trigger tonight in about 2 more drinks.

SnakeEyes

Banned
So no idea on the length of the plat sale?

I assume I have atleast until the store updates on tuesday. I'll probably pull the trigger tonight in about 2 more drinks.
WarFrame website says the 20% off Plat runs until January 7th. You're UK, right Pete? It should be the same for you as it is for us in Aus/NZ.

Something to keep in mind is that Survival, Defense and Capture missions are more difficult than the other missions, even within the same planet, and even when they have the same range of enemy levels. If you don't have a solid group I'd skip them until you get more powerful and have even gotten a few planets past them. Once you feel confident in your ability to take down not just individual enemies and packs but large waves of them, go back and give those missions a try with public groups or friends.

There is no *one* way to play this game correctly, but it is difficult to get your bearings at first, especially when the game seems to be leading you by the hand towards these missions.

Without a doubt avoid Capture missions until you're with a solid group too - since update 11 they've become the most difficult mission template in the game.

The more I play this the more I think that advanced players who are going to farm in this way should just form their own private groups rather than expect every public player to have the same goals or else. I mean, once you're at that level, and have a clan and/or chatting in-game why rely upon public groups?

SnakeEyes

Banned
The more I play this the more I think that advanced players who are going to farm in this way should just form their own private groups rather than expect every public player to have the same goals or else. I mean, once you're at that level, and have a clan and/or chatting in-game why rely upon public groups?

Because sometimes people in GAF Clan Chat don't read/reply to messages :p

j/k
They NEVER read/reply to messages

Hey Mort,

Send me a friend request on PSN. I'd be happy to verbally walk you through whatever you need.

PSN: The_Octodad

Done.

My PSN is famousmortimer, btw, if anyone cares to add for this or any other ps4 game (I think I have all of them now... other than just dance and angry birds - lol).

If you invite me to parties or whatever and I decline it just means my wife is watching TV. Unfortunately for me my wife enjoys my presence so my gaming desk (yes, I play consoles at a desk, right next to my gaming pc) is about 3 feet away from her. I'm so unfortunate that my wife enjoys my company! ;(

Thanks Mort, I'll be on a lot this weekend. I was in the same situation as you a few weeks or so ago, so I know how it feels.

I've had really good experience with the GAF clan. People are quite talkative and work really well together.

oktarb

A group of us started a small clan, just four of us. I was really tempted to join gaf but i really wanted to play with building the dojo myself. I heard there was an alliance system....

And is it me or does this game get like zero press. I never see it on Kotaku, its not even listed in the back of Game Informer where they list all games (neither PC or PS4 version). I mean when you open up games in the PS4 store its like the first game shown.

Capture missions sure did change. Now that one guy who runs ahead of the pack can actually fail the mission for us all if he doesn't capture the dude in time.

Top Bottom