• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

ParityBit

Isn't it just click to sprint? funny i'm at work and can't remember the control scheme exactly despite playing so much.

But i'm quite sure its not required to be held down.

As for the mastery challenges, they have all been very easy for me so far. Just grab your highend frame/gear

Wait, its click to sprint? Not hold down? Ugh. I was trying to find the controls online, is there an image or something? More times it's just PC-centrick descriptions.

Is there an alert schedule or are they random? It is really hard to plan my life around random events ....

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Wait, its click to sprint? Not hold down? Ugh. I was trying to find the controls online, is there an image or something? More times it's just PC-centrick descriptions.

Is there an alert schedule or are they random? It is really hard to plan my life around random events ....

This tripped me for quite a bit until I realised... It's click to enable sprint mode, click to disable.

Game's rough as fuck, it's buggy, nothing works like you should expect it to, it's even obscurer about itself than Dark Souls, yet it's a success.

I don't get it lol and I can't stop playing it neither haha.

jurgen

So apparently after several days of there being ZERO alerts for any Vauban parts. The game decides to all the sudden provide the SYSTEMS in the middle of the night when most people are sleeping.

https://twitter.com/WFAlertsPS4/status/415086640327970816

What kind of shit is this seriously?

I've gotten extremely lucky, having kept weird hours over the past couple of weeks. Vauban's a beast once you get the parts and is an absolute blast to play in defense and survival missions.

Bastille is great at saving the day and Bounce is just fun to troll people with. I just have to get my Energy Siphon so I can spam everything.

molnizzle

They controls are all listed in the in-game Options menu. There's even a nice graphic showing you the layout...

Also, Vauban Chassis is cooking now! I'll have my completed Vauban in 84 hours. =)

besada

Banned
Is there a way to donate to the GAF Dojo without being a member of the clan? There's no way I'm going to play every day, but I certainly don't mind turning stuff over to the GAF clan.

bobot

Neo Member
Yeah, there's a pretty limited set of alternations to be made to the control scheme. You can switch auto-aim on or off, or move your powers to the d-pad instead of using the touch screen, but there isn't much more customization than that. It's a huge shame because the zoom should absolutely be on L1 when using remote play, and it isn't. It makes remote play pretty impractical unfortunately unless you want to play the game as only melee or without any kind of ranged accuracy. I hope they add more customization options.

Thank you. I really thought it was my end for a while.

That truly suck arse. I've set my vita up with thumbies (tm) and it's a dream on all others. Why why why wouldn't they allow the bloody standard remote play option and gimp it so?

It does make it impractical and I use remote play about 50% of the time too. (Hey I like my toilet). I'll post something in support. That seems ridiculous. Thanks

molnizzle

Full button remapping is coming to the PS4 version in the future. All remote play issues will mostly be alleviated then. I say "mostly" because you really kinda do need two sets of shoulder buttons to play Warframe effectively. Mapping melee to any of the face buttons means your thumb will be off the stick and you won't be able to aim. Not optimal since melee happens so fast and positioning is everything. Same thing with slide, you kinda need to be able to have both thumbs on the sticks to use it effectively.

bobot

Neo Member
Full button remapping is coming to the PS4 version in the future. All remote play issues will mostly be alleviated then. I say "mostly" because you really kinda do need two sets of shoulder buttons to play Warframe effectively. Mapping melee to any of the face buttons means your thumb will be off the stick and you won't be able to aim. Not optimal since melee happens so fast and positioning is everything. Same thing with slide, you kinda need to be able to have both thumbs on the sticks to use it effectively.

Awesome!!!

I've found that the thumbies on the space where l2 and r2 are make it work a real treat

I still think unisoft got something right with remote play for ac4 by putting l3 and r3 on the front touch screen. Sony really should adopt that. It makes thing so easy.

I'm out enjoying some Christmas cheer. I can't be with you, but I left a message in the gentlemans toilet. Heavy Grinder approaching. I'm sure they'll understand.

Grimløck;94581298 said:
Around what time? I have level 30: Ash, Mag, Rhino, Volt, Saryn. And a level 17 Nyx. I'm down if there's room. Also, I'm willing to trade Focus for Stormbringer or Continuity.

I have an extra continuity and stormbringer.6pm est

Could we work with the Gaf clan to trade mods that we don't need? I think we could do a better job helping each other out honestly. I know a couple of clans that are basically giving away high level mods to other members that are active.

I have a few I'm willing to share, but maybe we can set something up to help each other out.

This is a great idea!

I have been farming heavy for split chamber, and while I haven't had any luck with that, I have gotten many other rare mods in duplicate (and more). If anyone wants one in particular, let me know:

Arrow Mutation
Barrel Diffusion
Continuity
Flow
Power Throw
Reflex Guard
Rifle Ammo Mutation
Sniper Ammo Mutation
Stabilizer
Steady Hands
Steel Charge (Aura)
Sundering Strike
Vital Sense

Some uncommons are also in demand I know, but I have too many to list.

I'll be around today, but then I'm offline until the weekend.

Mirimar

This is a great idea!

I have been farming heavy for split chamber, and while I haven't had any luck with that, I have gotten many other rare mods in duplicate (and more). If anyone wants one in particular, let me know:

Arrow Mutation
Barrel Diffusion
Continuity
Flow
Hell's Chamber
Power Throw
Reflex Guard
Rifle Ammo Mutation
Sniper Ammo Mutation
Stabilizer
Steady Hands
Steel Charge (Aura)
Sundering Strike
Vital Sense

I don't have Split Chamber, but I am looking for Hell's Chamber. Anything else you might need? This is Bloody, btw

I don't have Split Chamber, but I am looking for Hell's Chamber. Anything else you might need? This is Bloody, btw

I don't know of anything in particular, but I don't mind passing a Hell's chamber your way gratis. I'll be until about 6 PST today, and then I'm off for Christmas...

Grimløck;94608154 said:
Nice. Anything else you want for the other mod?

Edit. Are you on right now? I just got off. will be back on in 30 mins to trade if you're still on.

I'm on now. In a game but will trade you storm for focus.

This is a great idea!

Arrow Mutation
Barrel Diffusion
Continuity
Flow
Power Throw
Reflex Guard
Rifle Ammo Mutation
Sniper Ammo Mutation
Stabilizer
Steady Hands
Steel Charge (Aura)
Sundering Strike
Vital Sense

I could really use that Steel Charge, if you can spare it. Any card you need?
I've got:

Accelerated Blast
Constitution
Firestorm
Focus
Focus Energy
Fortitude
Heavy Trauma
Ice Storm
Lethal Torrent
Metal Auger
Physique (Aura)
Pistol Mutation
Pistol Scavenger (Aura)
Ravage
Shotgun Mutation
Shred
Streamline
Stunning Speed
Vigor

Let me know.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Big thanks to Helscream and FUME and our others who ran with us on the Derelict Assassination missions the last couple of days. I've now got my Nekron in the oven and am looking forward to giving him a spin after X-mas.

I've also got a fair few mods that I can trade. I'll put a list up later, I just wish that it was possible to check your inventory via the WarFrame website :-/

Helscream

Banned
Now that I have my Nekros rank 30 that is forma'd we really need to crack down on mutagen samples. I was thinking of doing Derelict Survival instead of Defense for a change. We need 650 MUTAGEN samples to research the Synapse. Which is one of the best weapons in damage 2.0. If you guys are interested and seem me online send me a message. We need a full team on this.

EDIT: Scratch survival. The geometry and level design is all over the goddamn place. Stick to defense.

jurgen

Now that I have my Nekros rank 30 that is forma'd we really need to crack down on mutagen samples. I was thinking of doing Derelict Survival instead of Defense for a change. We need 650 MUTAGEN samples to research the Synapse. Which is one of the best weapons in damage 2.0. If you guys are interested and seem me online send me a message. We need a full team on this.

Derelict Survival is just fish in a barrel, man.

"Town's a fish. People are the barrel."

Had a few good games with some gaffers tonight, finished up with a 25 min survival with 3 peeps which was nice.

Over the games though it showed how weak Excalibur really is compared to the other frames. I mad maxed on everything but secondary with a decent set up. Low level Vauban and ember(I think) stomped all over me.

I could really use that Steel Charge, if you can spare it. Any card you need?
I've got:

Accelerated Blast
Constitution
Firestorm
Focus
Focus Energy
Fortitude
Heavy Trauma
Ice Storm
Lethal Torrent
Metal Auger
Physique (Aura)
Pistol Mutation
Pistol Scavenger (Aura)
Ravage
Shotgun Mutation
Shred
Streamline
Stunning Speed
Vigor

Let me know.

I can def give you steel charge, but I probably won't be back on until Friday. If you still need it then, let me know.

How do you turn down or off people mics in this game, have some seriously obnoxious people playing this game where I can hear their entire family talking the entire time or kids running around spanish yelling.

molnizzle

How do you turn down or off people mics in this game, have some seriously obnoxious people playing this game where I can hear their entire family talking the entire time or kids running around spanish yelling.

Press Option button, press triangle, press X on the person you want to mute.

FUME5

Big thanks to Helscream and FUME and our others who ran with us on the Derelict Assassination missions the last couple of days. I've now got my Nekron in the oven and am looking forward to giving him a spin after X-mas.

I've also got a fair few mods that I can trade. I'll put a list up later, I just wish that it was possible to check your inventory via the WarFrame website :-/

No worries mate, you and the rest of the clan I've played with have all been cool, happy to try and help you guys get those drops.

Press Option button, press triangle, press X on the person you want to mute.

Cool that will help. I dont know if it's the mic that comes with the PS4 is just bad or something? Cause so many games where it's just super loud and always on picking up every noise in a persons room.

Also see in options a speech volume, is that volume for player mic speech or something else?

molnizzle

Cool that will help. I dont know if it's the mic that comes with the PS4 is just bad or something? Cause so many games where it's just super loud and always on picking up every noise in a persons room.

Also see in options a speech volume, is that volume for player mic speech or something else?

It's for in-game speech from enemies, I believe. And yes it's the PS4 mic. Thing is fucking terrible and picks up every little noise in the room/house. People who use it and then don't set it to "mute" by default are just dicks.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I set up a PSN chat room for warframe GAF.

Advantadges over in-game chat are:

Cross game chat - you can check it while playing something else, just in case something comes up.

Time stamps! No longer answering to group requests someone made a few hours ago.

It's also more permanent than the in-game chat that gets wiped everytime you leave the game.

Those of you already in, please invite those in your friend list that are in the clan.

Thanks!

frizby

It's for in-game speech from enemies, I believe. And yes it's the PS4 mic. Thing is fucking terrible and picks up every little noise in the room/house. People who use it and then don't set it to "mute" by default are just dicks.

My experience has been that the packed in headset sounds pretty decent and that it's people using the camera as a mic that need to be kicked in the junk.

frizby

Cross game chat - you can check it while playing something else, just in case something comes up.

Time stamps! No longer answering to group requests someone made a few hours ago.

It's also more permanent than the in-game chat that gets wiped everytime you leave the game.

Those of you already in, please invite those in your friend list that are in the clan.

Thanks!

Agree that this is the way to go. I jumped in with four of you a few days back and was right there to pick up a spot when one opened up.

I just need more of you on my friends list, because I suspect I'll be playing this for a while.

SnakeEyes

Banned

Thanks!
Inv plz. PSN: Kurt-Niisan.

Edit: it's Christmas Eve for me today, but fuck it if I'm not going to be playing WarFrame tonight (and most likely) into the early hours of X-mas morning. See you all online in approx. 4hrs :D

So after a night of playing, I'm not feeling this damage 2.0 thing.

I think having it with the 3 weapon types OR the elemental resistance/bonus would have sufficed.

I feel like a spent a night tickling enemies, with next to no useful drops.

Meh.

Briarios

So, I got a glaive blueprint as a log in bonus the other night, and I'm enjoying it - it's a lot of fun to play with, but it was was wondering if it was worth taking the time to max out? Is it as viable as some of the other melee weapons. I'd been using a galantine and I'm considering making and orthos.

SnakeEyes

Banned
So, I got a glaive blueprint as a log in bonus the other night, and I'm enjoying it - it's a lot of fun to play with, but it was was wondering if it was worth taking the time to max out? Is it as viable as some of the other melee weapons. I'd been using a galantine and I'm considering making and orthos.
I have both and the Galatine is fantastic for it's Charge Attack damage, while the Orthos is good for it's fast standard melee attacks. I'd suggest the Galatine for the Rhino, and the Orthos for other, more nimble Frames.

With damage 2.0 you can do some serious damage with the right mods. Its a fast strike weapon that also acts as a 3rd projectile weapon, definitely worth maxing out. As a matter of fact all weapons are worth maxing out if you built it.

Oh you can also do this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nE6m3SZz0Q4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

bobot

Neo Member
Fix my ticket DE. I can't believe how I screwed my mag last night. :(

Edit. : I've got diddly to trade but if anyone wants to donate I'd be wrapped. I have no auras or any kind if Kool mods. If not. Merry Christmas warframe gaf. Catcha online sometime.

Fix my ticket DE. I can't believe how I screwed my mag last night. :(

Edit. : I've got diddly to trade but if anyone wants to donate I'd be wrapped. I have no auras or any kind if Kool mods. If not. Merry Christmas warframe gaf. Catcha online sometime.
I'm sure I've got some stuff I can pass your way. When are you on?

I'll be back on tomorrow at 3pm est. Will trade stormbringer for focus.
Great. I'll be there. Thanks.

Briarios

I have both and the Galatine is fantastic for it's Charge Attack damage, while the Orthos is good for it's fast standard melee attacks. I'd suggest the Galatine for the Rhino, and the Orthos for other, more nimble Frames.

Yeah, I've been using the Galantine with my Rhino and it's awesome for clearing huge groups ... ahhh, so many weapons, so little time!

With damage 2.0 you can do some serious damage with the right mods. Its a fast strike weapon that also acts as a 3rd projectile weapon, definitely worth maxing out. As a matter of fact all weapons are worth maxing out if you built it.

Oh you can also do this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nE6m3SZz0Q4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Lol that's awesome!

Top Bottom