• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

hyp

I set up a PSN chat room for warframe GAF.

Advantadges over in-game chat are:

Cross game chat - you can check it while playing something else, just in case something comes up.

Time stamps! No longer answering to group requests someone made a few hours ago.

It's also more permanent than the in-game chat that gets wiped everytime you leave the game.

Those of you already in, please invite those in your friend list that are in the clan.

Thanks!

I want in, PSN ID: hypoetical

molnizzle

Cross game chat - you can check it while playing something else, just in case something comes up.

Time stamps! No longer answering to group requests someone made a few hours ago.

It's also more permanent than the in-game chat that gets wiped everytime you leave the game.

Those of you already in, please invite those in your friend list that are in the clan.

Thanks!

Is this different from a Party? If so, does it notify you in-game if there's a new message? If it doesn't then I think the in-game chat is better... time stamps are coming next patch.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Is this different from a Party? If so, does it notify you in-game if there's a new message? If it doesn't then I think the in-game chat is better... time stamps are coming next patch.

It pops a PSN notification alert everytime a message gets sent and because it's a ps4/psn feature, it works cross-game, meaning no matter what you're playing you can always check what's going on with warframe GAF.

Xater

Thanks!

Please invite me. PSN: Xater

Vereataes

Neo Member
Spent pretty much all day yesterday playing this. Quite enjoying it. It's definitely scratching the FPS itch I have...at least until Planetside 2 is launched.

Are there any UK/Euro gaffers playing? Would love to group up for some missions and learn a bit more about wtf I'm doing. Will probably be on pretty much all day today

Also, an invite to Gaf Dojo?

PSN ID: Arassuil

HORRORSHØW

Anyone play Valkyr? Builds? I got her to level 10, and she seems underwhelming so far, especially her ult. Never mind the fact that you can't see shit while you're Hysterical; it's also hard to hit enemies with the janky melee controls. I suppose it can be used situationally, in defense and survival missions, but all in all, she is mediocre.

Xater

Spent pretty much all day yesterday playing this. Quite enjoying it. It's definitely scratching the FPS itch I have...at least until Planetside 2 is launched.

Are there any UK/Euro gaffers playing? Would love to group up for some missions and learn a bit more about wtf I'm doing. Will probably be on pretty much all day today

Yep, EU here. Just hit me up. I have so e stuff I need to level anyway.

Pop

Grimløck;94657516 said:
Anyone play Valkyr? Builds? I got her to level 10, and she seems underwhelming so far, especially her ult. Never mind the fact that you can't see shit while you're Hysterical; it's also hard to hit enemies with the janky melee controls. I suppose it can be used situationally, in defense and survival missions, but all in all, she is mediocre.

I got her to lvl 10 and haven't played her since. I don't like her movement or her move set. She felt very squishy compared to others around the same lvl.

Sdoots

I got her to lvl 10 and haven't played her since. I don't like her movement or her move set. She felt very squishy compared to others around the same lvl.

It's interesting, actually. From talking to a friend, it seems as though by level 30 she can be played as something of a Rhino-lite. Clearly, it takes a while for her to get there, but that's quite the change from how she feels at low levels.

ParityBit

Having one of those days ...

Christmas eve, low desire to be here at work, and wishing I was home on my couch playing some Warframe! I have some more Rhino parts to get getting!

Sdoots

Having one of those days ...

Christmas eve, low desire to be here at work, and wishing I was home on my couch playing some Warframe! I have some more Rhino parts to get getting!

If it's any consolation, I'm right here with you.

Well, not literally, but you know what I mean.

ParityBit

Haha. I still spend all my time just doing random missions for parts, I am hoping I can get my Rhino and maybe a new set of weapons before I head out to try some real stuff. I have not tried and alert, or using keys or nothing like that.

Sdoots

Haha. I still spend all my time just doing random missions for parts, I am hoping I can get my Rhino and maybe a new set of weapons before I head out to try some real stuff. I have not tried and alert, or using keys or nothing like that.

That's not a bad way to go for where you are. Just keep making progress through the star chart, levelling stuff. You'll get a decent amount of stuff in each category as you go, and by the time you have a set at 30 you'll have a good selection of mods, and a decent amount of options as far as where to go with building new toys.

I wouldn't worry about keys until you get a set to 30, either. You CAN handle a T1 and arguably a T2 with a lesser set, but being able to maximize a run in the void is really handy, and that's not something you'll be doing if you are only surviving the runs, not crushing them.

tehPete

Banned

You guys have my sympathies; I've only dodged the bullet because I booked this time off several months ago. Once tomorrow's out of the way, I'll hopefully get a few days to put some time in; I need to build the Glaive.. it looks so cool... but there's at least a days farming to be done first!

ParityBit

You guys have my sympathies; I've only dodged the bullet because I booked this time off several months ago. Once tomorrow's out of the way, I'll hopefully get a few days to put some time in; I need to build the Glaive.. it looks so cool... but there's at least a days farming to be done first!

I have back to back 5 day weekends, so I am hoping the wife lets me get some good time in! My baby ... well he may take up some of that time. Haha.

So any suggestions of blueprints to buy for my next set of weapons? I have a Braton maxed (I am working on the starter gun for the points) and I still have the starter pistol. I am using the sword that drops from Jackal.

The only weapon blueprint I have is the Glaive.

casmith07

It's for in-game speech from enemies, I believe. And yes it's the PS4 mic. Thing is fucking terrible and picks up every little noise in the room/house. People who use it and then don't set it to "mute" by default are just dicks.

Not the headset. Those people have the PS Camera.

atpbx

It's interesting, actually. From talking to a friend, it seems as though by level 30 she can be played as something of a Rhino-lite. Clearly, it takes a while for her to get there, but that's quite the change from how she feels at low levels.

With the two shield mods (redirection and the one that decreases the charge time) and Steel fibre, it can take a considerable amount of damage.

The tactics with it involve dive bombing into a mob, hitting paralysis and blowing your shields out and them lacing into what's left standing with hysteria.

casmith07

Also I plan to be on almost all of today. I need to unlock more nodes on the map. Only just recently cleared Earth's boss.

Oh and cross game party chat - PSN is airhoppz

Thanks!

Bladelaw

I have back to back 5 day weekends, so I am hoping the wife lets me get some good time in! My baby ... well he may take up some of that time. Haha.

So any suggestions of blueprints to buy for my next set of weapons? I have a Braton maxed (I am working on the starter gun for the points) and I still have the starter pistol. I am using the sword that drops from Jackal.

I really enjoyed the Latron (Semi-Auto accurate rifle) as a primary. If you want auto and don't mind projectile travel (meaning you'll need to lead your targets) Boltor is ok. If you have access to ClanTech try getting the Dera. Same projectile travel issue as Boltor but it's a laser gun (think Stormtroopers blaster rifles). Vastos and Dual Vastos are great secondaries, and farm the materials for Glaive. It's super fun, you can throw it by doing a charge attack and it'll bounce around like Captain America's shield slicing as it goes.

atpbx

I play virtually everyday, my ID is just atpbx.

Sdoots

I really like the Latron for precise shooting, and the Boltor is a good versatile pick. That said, if you don't have a shotgun yet, you may want to go that route, since you are building Rhino. I've made several posts discussing the pros and cons of those in this thread, a search should get you them.

Melee wise, I like the Scindo quite a bit. The Amphis doesn't get nearly enough love, either. The Kogake are really neat, too, if you just want to beat some dudes up.

ParityBit

I really like the Latron for precise shooting, and the Boltor is a good versatile pick. That said, if you don't have a shotgun yet, you may want to go that route, since you are building Rhino. I've made several posts discussing the pros and cons of those in this thread, a search should get you them.

Melee wise, I like the Scindo quite a bit. The Amphis doesn't get nearly enough love, either. The Kogake are really neat, too, if you just want to beat some dudes up.

I love the amount of options. I just do not want to get a gun I can not build/have the mastery level for.

If/when you sell a gun, and you buy/build it again, is it level 0 all over again? I am wondering if some guns are worth keeping (Yes I will be buying some slots)

le.phat

I settled on a latron (prime) for the rinho. Because of the iron skin, you can take your time lining shots up. The prime version has high crit rating (25%) which i built up to 45% with 700% crit dmg. Rinho stomp to line up 7-8 enemies for 10k crits to the face. DPS wise i can keep up with most end game novas and mags :)

Sdoots

I love the amount of options. I just do not want to get a gun I can not build/have the mastery level for.

If/when you sell a gun, and you buy/build it again, is it level 0 all over again? I am wondering if some guns are worth keeping (Yes I will be buying some slots)

I'm not entirely certain.

Back when this game was in Closed Beta, they had a Founders Program. Was originally going to end in March 2012, ended up ending in November 2012, but that's not the point. Anyways, one of the perks was you earned Excalibur Prime.

Once I had E Prime, I figured I had little reason to keep my standard Excal, so I sold it.

I'm unsure of when, but at some point I suddenly had the regular ass Excal in my inventory again. I might have bought it sometime with spare plat just to round out my roster of frames, they might have put it back in my inventory, I don't know. The point is, it was back at "Unranked". When I sold it, it had been at Rank 12 or so.

So the reason I say I'm uncertain is, I can't honestly tell you how I got that Excal back. I'm pretty sure I didn't buy one again, but I wouldn't put it past me to just go fuck it and drop the plat for some reason. And if I got it back because of some weird thing with the Founders Program and E Prime, I don't know if that changed how it worked out either.

So...yeah.

I settled on a latron (prime) for the rinho. Because of the iron skin, you can take your time lining shots up. The prime version has high crit rating (25%) which i built up to 45% with 700% crit dmg. Rinho stomp to line up 7-8 enemies for 10k crits to the face. DPS wise i can keep up with most end game novas and mags :)

C'mon man, you are the tank. What are you doing lining up shots? Get your ass in there and start wrecking shit. :p

Not trying to be the jerk who goes "YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG YOU DUMBASS", honestly. I'm just saying, If I saw a Rhino that was picking dudes off, I'd have a hard time not thinking "the fuck is this guy doing".

ParityBit

So I guess the Strun would be a good second weapon to pick up and run with the Rhino? Since I do not have to build it, it is even better I think ...

Sdoots

So I guess the Strun would be a good second weapon to pick up and run with the Rhino? Since I do not have to build it, it is even better I think ...

Yeah, the Strun is a fine weapon. It does get a bit outclassed by the higher end shotguns but you can get a lot of use from it before that ever becomes an issue.

UK gaffer here,

PSN: Souldestroyer199

Cantaloup

I have a Rhino building, but I could also build a Nova or a Trinity now. Any suggestion on which should get the Orokin Reactor? I'm still on my starting frame (Mag).

Mrcapcom

Rhino I love my Rhino hes pretty much perfect for any occasion. I think imma give a potato to the Sobek that shot gun its so smexy.

ParityBit

So I will need an Orokin Cell once I get these stupid control modules and make the last piece of the Rhino.

Should use Plat, or is it better to farm?

Bladelaw

I'm playing both PC and PS4 for some reason. One thing I'm slowly working towards is a Trinity I can play on Vita. Basically I'll spam Blessing and run around grabbing energy orbs/mats and keep an eye on life support in survival missions. The problem is to effectively reach a point where that's viable I need a few things.

Trinity (lol), with Aura slot polarized for Energy Siphon.
Maxed Mods: Blessing, Continuity, Constitution, Narrow Minded (Corrupted), Flow, Streamline
Helm: Aura

With this setup Trinity can keep Blessing up for about 25 seconds with 1.2 seconds (cast time) down time. If the team is dying in the 1.2 seconds it takes to cast it's probably time to bail.

This way I can still effectively contribute to a team while not having to worry too much about the control limitations on the Vita while the wife or kid is running the TV.

atpbx

I've spent a bit more cash on it as well, I have enough of the ball aching parts neurodes, control modules etc to last a while, got 4 reactors, 4 cells, 4 catalysts in the bank as well.

I don't mind spending money on it, I average what I'm spending on it in game purchases anyway and I am having a great time with it.

Only thing I don't like about it is the Corpus missions, the ospreys move too quickly for me to get a bead on them with a pad, meaning you can get quickly overwhelmed by a horde of virtually indestructible bad guys.

I've got a Mag building now to see if I get on any better with it against them.

ObiDin

How is this business model working out for them, are people here spending money?

I've spent the $10 sony money that came with the console, and then an additional $30-35 over the last month. A big chunk of that was when I decided I had to have Nekros(wish I hadn't) and bought him with plat.

But considering I've mostly used my plat on extra slots/catalyst/reactors/the occasional material I can't seem to get to drop and I've crafted Rhino/Trinity/Scindo/Galatine/Orthos/Boltor/Vastos/Dual Vastos, I'd say I'm having a pretty good time. Now if I can get the other 2 Frost Prime bp's to drop...

This is fun but is there some form of good guide for newbs anywhere that explains this game to folks? I feel like an idiots half the time with whats going on and what half the shit in the game is. So much crap has no explanation in the game, and the game lacks tutorials for basic things.

molnizzle

Grimløck;94657516 said:

Valkyr has the highest armor rating in the game at 300. Rhino is the next highest with 190, for comparison. With maxed Steel Fiber that gives Valkyr 630 armor, meaning nearly 68% of all damage done to her health will be mitigated. Only something like 32.25% of damage will make it through. Rejuventation is probably the best aura for this frame.

You also should keep in mind that that Hysteria makes you invulnerable. If modded for max power duration that gives you over a minute of total invincibility while you collect orbs and let Rejuventation tick your health back up. Not bad...

Also, dive bombing with Rip Line is just stupid fun. =)

The tactics with it involve dive bombing into a mob, hitting paralysis and blowing your shields out and them lacing into what's left standing with hysteria.

Pretty much. Super fun Warframe to play, though perhaps not all that useful for endgame.

Top Bottom