• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

frizby

I've been selling enough mods and keys here and there to keep myself in slots and potatoes, but I did the $15 pack to open my options up a bit and to support the developers of a game that I am enjoying on several levels and to the tune of about 200 hours.

I'd characterize my purchase more as a donation than a requirement, as I've found the F2P model most agreeable and not the least bit limiting.

ParityBit

So many questions .... so say you put a potato on a weapon, and you sell that weapon (or frame) ...

If you rebuild, does it come with a potato attached? or is it gone for good? And what about the level of the weapon? (still no definitive answer on this question)

molnizzle

So many questions .... so say you put a potato on a weapon, and you sell that weapon (or frame) ...

If you rebuild, does it come with a potato attached? or is it gone for good? And what about the level of the weapon? (still no definitive answer on this question)

Potato will be gone for good and the weapon will be level 0 again. You would be rebuilding a "new" version of said weapon. Same goes for Warframes.

Buy more slots. =)

Violater

I spent $17 so far.

I used the 20% off sale, with the $10 bucks of PSN money in the PS4 box, and the $10 Sony paypal deal.

I picked up some plat on sale for slots/Reactors/Catalysts.

I've spent at least $400 dollars on this game since I started playing. Keep in mind I started on the PC.

I've spent the $10 sony money that came with the console, and then an additional $30-35 over the last month. A big chunk of that was when I decided I had to have Nekros(wish I hadn't) and bought him with plat.

But considering I've mostly used my plat on extra slots/catalyst/reactors/the occasional material I can't seem to get to drop and I've crafted Rhino/Trinity/Scindo/Galatine/Orthos/Boltor/Vastos/Dual Vastos, I'd say I'm having a pretty good time. Now if I can get the other 2 Frost Prime bp's to drop...
That sounds pretty good, I hope things are working out for these FTP funded devs.

Kurod

Banned
Heh. I was just in a capture mission and the target fell off the edge of a platform and got stuck in the environment just as he became capturable. I kept trying to jump down to him but as I got close enough it would reset me back up out of reach.

molnizzle

Whats a good number to get of each?

Up to you. I bought 18 Warframe slots because I want to have all the Warframes. I bought a stupid number of weapon slots too because I don't like getting rid of those either. For a normal person I'd say probably 20ish weapon slots would be fine, and however many Warframes you want to keep. Personally I like the thought of having all of them available whenever I want.

ParityBit

Up to you. I bought 18 Warframe slots because I want to have all the Warframes. I bought a stupid number of weapon slots too because I don't like getting rid of those either. For a normal person I'd say probably 20ish weapon slots would be fine, and however many Warframes you want to keep. Personally I like the thought of having all of them available whenever I want.

I am a collector myself. I also would hate to think I would sell a weapon thinking it sucks ... only for it to NOT suck, either by misconception or a buff.

HORRORSHØW

How viable is it to play this without spending any money? Will it be completely awful?
I've spent $5. I've played for 100+ hours. The game is totally playable, and more importantly enjoyable, without paying any money. That said, there's currently a discount for platinum (the in-game currency) that you can take advantage of.

molnizzle

How viable is it to play this without spending any money? Will it be completely awful?

It'll be completely awful unless you spend like $5-$10, yeah. You don't need to spend much, but the Alerts for potatoes (Orokin Catalysts and Reactors) are extremely infrequent/random and you pretty much have to have both items applied to your main weapons and Warframes.

I've been recommending that people who play a lot buy the 1000p pack that's currently 20% off at $37.49 (normally $50), but at a bare minimum you should probably grab the 170p pack that's currently on sale for $7.49 (normally $10). The 370p pack for $14.99 (normally $20) would also be more than enough to last you for the entire game if you spend smartly and only use your plat for potatoes and Warframe/weapon slots.

Sorry to the guys who invited me and I was using my low level ember prime :p game started before I was able to change to my other frame!

Oh and while on the subject of ember/ember prime, it sucks. Don't bother with it.

On that note, GAF recommend me a frame and why. (Apart from rhino)

Bruno

Sorry to the guys who invited me and I was using my low level ember prime :p game started before I was able to change to my other frame!

Oh and while on the subject of ember/ember prime, it sucks. Don't bother with it.

On that note, GAF recommend me a frame and why. (Apart from rhino)

What? Both frames are solid infestation killing machines.

I'm 11 rebedo and 1 neural sensor short of building my first Warframe from blueprints.

I have the helmet, chassis, and systems from the following 3 to choose from:

Ember
Rhino
Trinity

My question to Warframe GAF, which one?

I know it's been said rhino is a powerhouse.
I've wanted ember for a really long time.
Trinity wasn't on my radar until I watched the boss destroying well of life / energy vampire combo and then I witnessed two of them take down Sargas Ruk using it with my own eyes.

What? Both frames are solid infestation killing machines.

Yeah but infestation is being removed* in 11.3

The Infested now truly infest! The faction has vacated the Star Chart and now exists as an Invasion faction! Keep your eyes peeled for signs of Infested threats – they’ll strike hard.
Infestation "outbreaks" will occur at random, with a downtime of 12 – 36 hours between attacks. When a node is under Infested threat, battlefront aggressively moves to all adjacent nodes if invasion isn't successfully defended within a matter of hours. Outbreaks continue to spread until reaching a boss node, which leads to Phorid appearing and occupying that boss's node until the invasion is defeated!

Also in comparison to other frames ember prime is....meh.

It's supposed to be a pure casting DPS frame which is squishy, with high energy. Yet it fails in it's design. It's Damage output is bested by other frames who are not as DPS orientated and are more about utility.

It has mediocre damage output, is the second slowest moving frame, worst armour, poor shields, poor health and mediocre abilities.

Due to its squishiness it would make sense to have ember as a fast moving frame which would benefit WoF (Which should be changed to hit all targets within X range, instead of only 3 as it currently is)

There are loads of other changes that should be made to the frame as it seems to have suffered quite badly with the damage 2.0 changes.

Only thing I can think of is running a Accelerant/WoF build with emphasis on power duration and strength. Then cramming a metric shit ton of fire mods on all weapons while giving the finger to damage 2.0.

I'm already getting a rhino so that's why I've not counted that one as a 'recommendation'

molnizzle

I have the helmet, chassis, and systems from the following 3 to choose from:

Ember
Rhino
Trinity

My question to Warframe GAF, which one?

I know it's been said rhino is a powerhouse.
I've wanted ember for a really long time.
Trinity wasn't on my radar until I watched the boss destroying well of life / energy vampire combo and then I witnessed two of them take down Sargas Ruk using it with my own eyes.

For your first built frame? Rhino. Hands down, Rhino. You need a tanky frame to progress further into the Star Chart and Rhino is the gold standard.

Make Trinity next and experience the awesome Well of Life/Energy Vampire combo (not to mention the excellent group utility), but Rhino should come first. You can thank me later.

Don't worry about Ember for now. Build a Nova before you bother with Ember.

For your first built frame? Rhino. Hands down, Rhino. You need a tanky frame to progress further into the Star Chart and Rhino is the gold standard.

Make Trinity next and experience the awesome Well of Life/Energy Vampire combo (not to mention the excellent group utility), but Rhino should come first. You can thank me later.

Don't worry about Ember for now. Build a Nova before you bother with Ember.

Quoted for truth. Rhino should be everyone's 2nd Frame.
More confirmation of said truthiness. Seriously, grab Rhino..you've earned it ;)

Edit:

Btw, the new chat process we're using. Whoever came up with the idea to use it that way? Kudos. Shit feels a ton easier to communicate with..if only it didn't block my map whole running to extraction with no life support left!!! Seriously, though, great work.

MoonGred

Are weapons bound to a warframe? Or can I use crafted weapons on future warframes.

Also is there a reason why no one talks about frost? I'd really like him as my 2nd warframe (or vauban), but all this talk about rhyno is making me doubt.

I feel like i definitely made a mistake with my starting frame.

I set up a PSN chat room for warframe GAF.

Advantadges over in-game chat are:

Cross game chat - you can check it while playing something else, just in case something comes up.

Time stamps! No longer answering to group requests someone made a few hours ago.

It's also more permanent than the in-game chat that gets wiped everytime you leave the game.

Those of you already in, please invite those in your friend list that are in the clan.

Thanks!

If anyone can shoot me an invite to this i'd appreciate it! PSN: jacob_armitage

Didn't realize we had this feature.

EDIT: YES! Gorgon blueprint as a log in reward. Now theres a present!

I knew the new message notifications were blocking peoples maps so I made it a point to spam messages in groups of three. Merry Christmas, bitches.

Are weapons bound to a warframe? Or can I use crafted weapons on future warframes.

Also is there a reason why no one talks about frost? I'd really like him as my 2nd warframe (or vauban), but all this talk about rhyno is making me doubt.

I feel like i definitely made a mistake with my starting frame.

Frost and Vauban are good frames, there is a lot of talk about rhino as imo it's an op frame. It's great fun to use, can take loads of damage and yet put out high enough damage to keep up with non-tank DPS frames.

I hope you all like my little Christmas cheer on warframe GAF chat.

agymp3r_700b_v1.jpg

Pop

I've spent around $40 so far and it's been to support DE. Well worth it imo. Warframe is by far my most played game over anything else.

Soma is just a beast. Melts through everything.

Ab739

Banned
Playing as Rhino is like playing in easy mode. I have a shield mod for him which has him at a total of 900+ shield and when you use rhino skin you're pretty much unkillable. Only times ive died has been when the game has lagged out on me or trying to save buddies in survival

HORRORSHØW

Merry Christmas guys!

I was only able to log in for my bonus tonight. I got dual zoran blueprints. They good?
Very fast attack speed with high critical chance. Use mods to up your critical chance, crit damage, as well as attack speed. Melee is very janky in general in this game, so I prefer something like the Galatine for its charge attack. That's one reason why I hate using Valkyr.

PirateKing

Playing as Rhino is like playing in easy mode. I have a shield mod for him which has him at a total of 900+ shield and when you use rhino skin you're pretty much unkillable. Only times ive died has been when the game has lagged out on me or trying to save buddies in survival

I'm playing as Volt and my shield is already above 1000. I just built Rhino the other day and can't wait to play as Rhino.

Ab739

Banned
I'm playing as Volt and my shield is already above 1000. I just built Rhino the other day and can't wait to play as Rhino.

Nice man after you get used to the movement speed all will be good. Invest in rhino stomp and rhino skin. My rhino skin takes 1,200 damage before hitting my shields and my rhino stomp does 1000 damage. Im waiting on a trinity thats cooking and will be ready in 4 hours. Will have to get used to not playing with rhino skin now lol

Spazznid

You can go to the Warframe support site and open a ticket to see your overall spendings.

Mine so far is $335, and I'll be buying more in a bit.

PC player, here.

MoonGred

Do any other Australians have a hard time getting a full group together? Im still om Venus, but there's usually only 3 people playing on the planet.

Vizzeh

Banned
I have only played this game for a few hours at launch. Seems alot of people are enjoying it. Alot of you seem to know alot about it also.

im stuck between wanting to give this game a good crack and get into it to see what the fun is really all about but not sure I want to read through pages and pages to see how to spec/what to do unless it grabs me..

catch 22 I guess, the game could prob benifit from a guide/faq for newcomers.

im stuck between wanting to give this game a good crack and get into it to see what the fun is really all about but not sure I want to read through pages and pages to see how to spec/what to do unless it grabs me..
You could do what I did and just play the first few missions in solo mode to try and get a handle on things with your starter equipment, which is perfectly fine kit. Take your time, get used to the controls. Experiment with the basics. Explore.

Just avoid Survival, Defense and Capture missions entirely, and make sure to do any boss battles in an online group.

If the moment to moment gameplay of melee, gunplay and light parkour and stealth click for you, there's a very deep rabbit hole waiting for you, and we're here to help ;P

Do any other Australians have a hard time getting a full group together? Im still om Venus, but there's usually only 3 people playing on the planet.

I've been meaning to start playing this soon, Aussie here. Was wondering how populated the servers for us would be. I'll hopefully try getting one of my friends into it when I start to play. Feel free to add me if you want, PSN = fallen_dawn. As I said, haven't start playing yet, but hopefully will soon... and should just be another option for an Aussie player if needed.

Been trying to level my ember prime and my frost....

Yet I find myself wanting to back to my Excalibur :/ what gives!?!

He isn't the best frame, but it's just so satisfying slash dashing around everywhere!

frizby

If they nerfed the Galatine or Soma after I spent potatoes on them, that would be a problem for me.

Anybody use dual Vipers for their secondary? I've tried most everything, and I keep coming back to them, even over the Kunai, because they feel like a better compliment to the Soma.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
If they nerfed the Galatine or Soma after I spent potatoes on them, that would be a problem for me.

Anybody use dual Vipers for their secondary? I've tried most everything, and I keep coming back to them, even over the Kunai, because they feel like a better compliment to the Soma.

I'm trying now the Gremlins... look like they have potential for the void... dual pistols, fully automatic, even split impact/slash/puncture.

molnizzle

I image that's pretty much how every longtime player feels since DE does seem to change stuff all the time. I wouldn't get too attached to anything. :p

Top Bottom