• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

It really is tough to go back to faster and lighter melee weapons when you can slice 5 big dudes in half with one gigantic swing. Granted, my light weapons are still at a pretty low level, but they feel sooo weak.

I missed one login reward due to holiday visits. I feel empty inside.

EekTheKat

Who invited Bane?

Are they gaffers?

Yup, trying to keep my PSN name a bit under the radar since there's quite a lot of fishing attempts

Heh I probably should have taken the invite, but I was goofing around with a clan setup last night and have one going or something like that.

Bacon, sausage, eggs over easy, cinnamon buns, giant pancakes, giant homemade waffles, homemade seasoned potato fries, crescent rolls, mozzarella scrambled eggs..this Tenno needs to ride 100 miles tomorrow to burn these calories off..

Got dat itis!

PSN ID: Mr_animatter
Timezone: CST

Looking to link up with Clan GAF. Random pugs just aren't working out in most games, and i'm looking to finally move beyond Venus stages.

Anybody splurging on the prime inferno pack?

It's a lot of cash, but looks like a massive discount on platinum... Plus DAT 3 month affinity boost.

molnizzle

Anybody splurging on the prime inferno pack?

It's a lot of cash, but looks like a massive discount on platinum... Plus DAT 3 month affinity boost.

God dammit, I didn't know that DE announced PS4 Prime Access in 12/19. I would have been all over that had I known. Now I've already spent a bunch of money and no longer need that much platinum. Fuck!

SnakeEyes

Banned
God dammit, I didn't know that DE announced PS4 Prime Access in 12/19. I would have been all over that had I known. Now I've already spent a bunch of money and no longer need that much platinum. Fuck!
You have to believe I would NEVER spend that sort of money (NZ$219!!!!) for that Prime Access, without having one of the 75% off vouchers. If those don't work for the PA then I'll definitely rather grind.

I may have possibly got it......

In fairness I was drunk when I did it!
Seriously drunk.

So about 4 hours ago I purchased the 340 platinum pack to support the devs. I now just got 4 emails at once from Sony thanking me for four seperate purchases of these packs.

Hmmm. Who do I contact about this mistake, Sony or DE?

molnizzle

You have to believe I would NEVER spend that sort of money (NZ$219!!!!) for that Prime Access, without having one of the 75% off vouchers. If those don't work for the PA then I'll definitely rather grind.

Seriously drunk.

I've already spent much more than that on the game. At 240 hours and counting, I ain't even mad. Just a bit irritated that I could have waited a bit longer and gotten a much better deal. I'd have bought the Prime Access weeks ago had it been available.

So about 4 hours ago I purchased the 340 platinum pack to support the devs. I now just got 4 emails at once from Sony thanking me for four seperate purchases of these packs.

Hmmm. Who do I contact about this mistake, Sony or DE?

Sony.

Seriously drunk.

To be fair though, if you take BF4+premium that takes you to ~£100.

So really it's a case of giving back to the developers what I would spend in a normal scenario.

SnakeEyes

Banned
To be fair though, if you take BF4+premium that takes you to ~£100.

So really it's a case of giving back to the developers what I would spend in a normal scenario.
That prime pricing is more than 2 brand new games for me, and when you think of it like that - NNNOPE! I've already spent about NZ$60 on Platinum too, so DE has already received a decent payout from me.

The discounted platinum in Europe ended yesterday.

I went with the advice here and started my rhino parts building this morning before spending the day traveling around seeing the family, so when I get home tonight I'll put the 3 parts together with the final rhino blueprint and have a new toy to play with tomorrow :)

Now potatoes, is it advisable to wait to use it, or can you use it at anytime. At level 0, would you get double energy growth for every level?

molnizzle

Now potatoes, is it advisable to wait to use it, or can you use it at anytime. At level 0, would you get double energy growth for every level?

Yep, double. At level 5 you'll have 10 slots. That's why it's always advisable to potato every Warframe immediately. Same for weapons that you know you're gonna keep.

HORRORSHØW

Does anyone grind defense missions on the outer planets, specifically Pluto? I hardly see randoms there, and trying to farm mods solo is too hard.

SnakeEyes

Banned
The discounted platinum in Europe ended yesterday.

I went with the advice here and started my rhino parts building this morning before spending the day traveling around seeing the family, so when I get home tonight I'll put the 3 parts together with the final rhino blueprint and have a new toy to play with tomorrow :)

Yeah, the 'tatos double the points earned at every level. As to what weapons to 'tato, I've done it for the guns I know I'll keep around. So far I've done the Boltor, the Galatine and the Kunai. I'm unsure as to whether I should do it for my Dera, which I'm levelling currently, because I don't know whether I'll continue to use it with other characters later on.

Arkeus

Grimløck;94793377 said:
Does anyone grind defense missions on the outer planets, specifically Pluto? I hardly see randoms there, and trying to farm mods solo is too hard.

I think what people do is grind easier defense in order to get void keys, and then do those.

HORRORSHØW

So if I buy some platinum for a newb, what is the must buy stuff.
Frame and weapon slots. Sell old weapons after you get them to level 30 if you don't like using it. Same for frames. I'm a collector, so I hoard all my old frames and weapons. Also consider using plat for reactors, catalysts, and to a lesser extent, formas. You're going to need the first two to supercharge your frames/weapons, while the forma is used to polarize your weapons.

Ok, so whenever I ask "as a newb..." questions mole yells at me to read the wiki or give up and go cry in the corner. I've read the wiki. I understand all of the systems in the games. The drops. The foundry. Blueprints/materials. Mods. Etc.

But I still have a few questions!

1. I did an alert earlier today... an infestation - solo! and I beat it. Does that make me awesome?

2. I read somewhere, I'm fairly sure, someone says "never use plat to revive." Which made perfect sense to me. But what I'm unclear on is some missions both solo and in groups when I die and im not ressed I have 5 lives... and sometimes I don't. But I still have my total 1200 plat (1000 from the $37 sale and 200 from PS+). So that's not using plat. What determines having revives? I've never once seen the game ask me for a revive that uses plat.

3. I know the basic idea behind the 1200 plat is opening slots for all the mags and buying potatos (which I haven't used one yet but I think I get what it is) . Is there a gun or something that I should spend some plat on in the second system that will make the game kinda easy-mode for me to farm and catch up to some of you guys? If I play a lot I'll throw down more cash to open more slots for mags and shit - but as of now as much as I love the game I know the chances of me farming all of that up are slim, I will probably have 3 MAGs that I max out if I know my own tendencies...

4. I like wall running in the clan dojo.

bobot

Neo Member
If your over 25 or at least semi mature (lol)

Add me. I got some serious grinding to do

Psn: Ibobot

Edit: I swear I'm the only person who didn't have a 2 hour turn-around for a flipping ticket.

I even bought dark sector (imported) DE, Do you bloody hear me?, Im a frikkin supporter.

Oh well, I'm grinding back my mag tonight.lol

So I guess because it's Christmas day I haven't heard back about psn over charging me. I have 1130 platinum sitting on my account and I'm $45 less on my cc :/

Hopefully I hear back tomorrow.

Edit: just unlocked a Hemlock Saryn Helmet through an alert. Never heard of it.

molnizzle

1. I did an alert earlier today... an infestation - solo! and I beat it. Does that make me awesome?

It doesn't make you not awesome...

2. I read somewhere, I'm fairly sure, someone says "never use plat to revive." Which made perfect sense to me. But what I'm unclear on is some missions both solo and in groups when I die and im not ressed I have 5 lives... and sometimes I don't. But I still have my total 1200 plat (1000 from the $37 sale and 200 from PS+). So that's not using plat. What determines having revives? I've never once seen the game ask me for a revive that uses plat.

You get 4 revives a day for each Warframe. They reset every 24 hours in real time, I believe at 12 AM GMT but I'm not positive. You can "buy" additional revives with plat for 4p a pop. You get this option when browsing the Arsenal. By the Warframe's name it'll say 4/4 or whatever you currently have. Those are your revives. Never buy them with platinum. If you run out, just take the mission failure or switch to a different Warframe.

3. I know the basic idea behind the 1200 plat is opening slots for all the mags and buying potatos (which I haven't used one yet but I think I get what it is) . Is there a gun or something that I should spend some plat on in the second system that will make the game kinda easy-mode for me to farm and catch up to some of you guys? If I play a lot I'll throw down more cash to open more slots for mags and shit - but as of now as much as I love the game I know the chances of me farming all of that up are slim, I will probably have 3 MAGs that I max out if I know my own tendencies...

First of all, what's a "mag?" ;-)

Spending plat on weapons is really not recommended. The weapons are so goddamn easy to gather materials for and their plat prices are way too high. It's just not worth it IMO. None of them will really make the game "easy-mode" for you either since you need the good mods to do that. You can't buy those with plat and you have to level up the weapon in the first place to have the free mod slots. One way or another you'll be grinding a bit. Might as well just use the materials you get from that and build the weapons yourself.

It's worth buying the weapons that are sold for credits though. Get yourself a Braton rifle and perhaps the Sicarus pistol. Both of those can be acquired with credits and should last you until you gather the materials to make a Boltor or something. For melee you should start working towards the Galatine.

4. I like wall running in the clan dojo.

GhpZYFg.png

Top Bottom