• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

You get 4 revives a day for each Warframe. They reset every 24 hours in real time, I believe at 12 AM GMT but I'm not positive. You can "buy" additional revives with plat for 4p a pop. You get this option when browsing the Arsenal. By the Warframe's name it'll say 4/4 or whatever you currently have. Those are your revives. Never buy them with platinum. If you run out, just take the mission failure or switch to a different Warframe.

Huh, revives are per Warframe? That's good to know.

Nos_G

Dear Tenno GAF. I miss you all. Knocked off the grid due to an ice storm.

P.s. Don't kick me out of the clan plz. See you all soon!

Raide

After hearing so much good things about this, i'm gonna have to go ahead and download this tonight, any beginner tips? :)

If you want to progress quickly, play online. Solo for the first chunk of the game can be really annoying, especially failing a map.

Have patience when it comes to items. Don't burn Platinum (Paid for Currency) just to speed things up. Take the time to collect your materials and craft things.

The Defence Missions (Wave based defence) are some of the best maps to do if you get a good team with you. You get loads of materials and other bits if you can get past 10 or so waves (Every 5 the game gives you the options to end and take your gift, or carry on for more stuff.)

atpbx

What the fudge?

I only have one warframe but what the fudge?

You can unlock Rhino, Trinity, Ember, Mag and Valkyr in no time at all.

Unless you are at the end of a really long survival run and every one else is down and you are 6 seconds from extraction and 5 seconds from bleeding out, you never need to use a revive.

By the time you have 4 or 5 frames, you simply won't care about using them.

bobot

Neo Member
You can unlock Rhino, Trinity, Ember, Mag and Valkyr in no time at all.

Unless you are at the end of a really long survival run and every one else is down and you are 6 seconds from extraction and 5 seconds from bleeding out, you never need to use a revive.

By the time you have 4 or 5 frames, you simply won't care about using them.

You have clearly never seen me play my friend. Lol

Spazznid

After hearing so much good things about this, i'm gonna have to go ahead and download this tonight, any beginner tips? :)

Get at least one new frame/weapon before making a final decision on the game.

I've introduced it to three friends and only one was completely satisfied with the Frame he chose. He also fell in love with the Grakata when he got that as a log in bonus. The others found their places in Rhino and Nekros, and one like really heavy hitting weapons while the other is saving for a guild weapon. Play it for a while and you will begin to see things you want, be it for looks or function. Then work towards those things and when you get them the game will really open up for you.

I, personally love so many things, the Flux Rifle, Gremlins, Nova, Ember, Mag, Oberon, Penta, Machete Wraith, etc. I've decided I want everything and it's going to be a long journey, but I'm more than halfway there, and it's still loads of fun.

ps3ud0

This thread has made me spend 30mins looking at warframe videos - cant believe Ive ignored this on the PS4. One question about who you can play as - can you play as something that has a ninja sword and a decent bow?

ps3ud0 8)

velociraptor

There are so many missions in this game. This is going to take weeks to complete. Have you guys completed all the missions? I'm enjoying this game (compared to when I initially began playing it), but there is so much filler content :p

Sdoots

Yeah, found that out a after like 100 hours played. This game, lol.

Molvetica, I'm gonna go ahead and declare you the PS4 Warframe "guy who knows shit."

Congratulations!

Seriously though, it's been kind of awesome following this thread and seeing you all learn the game over time. That rainbow bridge can't come soon enough.

Grimløck;94819078 said:
Frame and weapon slots. Sell old weapons after you get them to level 30 if you don't like using it. Same for frames. I'm a collector, so I hoard all my old frames and weapons. Also consider using plat for reactors, catalysts, and to a lesser extent, formas. You're going to need the first two to supercharge your frames/weapons, while the forma is used to polarize your weapons.

So I shouldn't be buying any new frames with plat? How soon do you get new frames? Going to have to learn more about what polarity and all this stuff means lol Back to the wiki

Did an alert late last night that ended up dropping around 30 mods. Crazy! Most of them I'd never even got before.

Had the same type of thing happen to me last night! Was on a grineer defense with my level 1 or 2 Nyx, by the end I had went up to level 11 and had a crazy amount of fusion cores.

It felt like it was Christmas.

What's your guys views on the Bows? I've been messing around with dread and Paris (Moreso Paris as I've been doing corpus/grineer missions) and I'm kinda underwhelmed by them.

I've been charging them before release but it just doesn't seem to be doing much.

Sdoots

Had the same type of thing happen to me last night! Was on a grineer defense with my level 1 or 2 Nyx, by the end I had went up to level 11 and had a crazy amount of fusion cores.

It felt like it was Christmas.

What's your guys views on the Bows? I've been messing around with dread and Paris (Moreso Paris as I've been doing corpus/grineer missions) and I'm kinda underwhelmed by them.

I've been charging them before release but it just doesn't seem to be doing much.

Said it before and I'll say it again, I've always found the bows to be super overrated. Unless you can get consistent hits on the weakpoints, you aren't going to be doing much damage, in my experience.

That being said, I really enjoy using my Dread now that I have a levelled up mod, I forget the name, that gives a percentage chance for shots to explode on impact. Full Rambo mode.

ParityBit

How do you go about joining an alert? I have seen the alert to the right of the screen .... But did not act on it.

Also .... Why is clan chat dead?

How do you go about joining an alert? I have seen the alert to the right of the screen .... But did not act on it.

Also .... Why is clan chat dead?

To join the alert you can either hit triangle on the main menu, then select the alert and press x a couple times to select and confirm it, or you can manually navigate the solar map to the system with the alert and choose it there.

It's odd, even with a bundled heatset, next to no one is seemingly using it to chat in game. Most of the time, all I hear is static even when someone is using it.

Game wise, hit lv 12 I think on my mag, or was it 13? Anyways, finally took down the boss for Venus, though I still need to run a few more stages to unlock Earth. Current goal is to unlock all the worlds, and then start farming for a Trinity, Banshee, or some more weapons.

Also, wow is it taking a while for any purchased plat to show up. Got 170 from the store the other day, but it doesn't seem to be crediting me yet.

Wrynnax

Thanks for the tips! is it playable without a fixed group or solo? Europe here, so don't know if i'll be seeing much gaffers online.

Starting out, is there somewhere you should be grinding to get drops to make new frames or is it totally random? I don't want to buy blueprints for a frame only for it to be something I can't get parts for anytime soon and I will need to play the heck out of the game before I unlock where I need to go to get the parts.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Gameplay. Retardedly fun. More fun that it probably should be.

User Interface. Garbage. From top down:

(a) The galaxy map is a pain to navigate. I don't think - except on a world that's been completed, I've ever been actually able to navigate around a world and not have it toss me back to the other side of the map. The heck? DE really needs to add a list of planets on the side.

(b) I like that the INSTALLED tab on the modding menu lists the mods from the category you just jumped from (or last were in), but there needs to be a way to hotswap that when you're done.

(c) Also rejigger the whole Mod layout. Hitting cancel not only cancels the current process but the type of modding you want to do. Sometimes you don't want to Fusion that mod, but would like to apply the process to something else. Also is there anyway to sort by RARITY?

(d) With all the color palette options available, you think they could have given at least one full color palette to play with.

(e) A tutorial system beyond "This is how you walk. This is how you shoot." would have been nice. Yes there are a ton of these videos online. Perhaps I don't want to break the experience and would just like definitive information at my fingertips.

Overall. Worthy game hampered by the out of gameplay stuff. Still has gotten the lion share (other than AC4) of my PS4 play time.

Raide

Starting out, is there somewhere you should be grinding to get drops to make new frames or is it totally random? I don't want to buy blueprints for a frame only for it to be something I can't get parts for anytime soon and I will need to play the heck out of the game before I unlock where I need to go to get the parts.

Some are from your random daily login rewards, others are from particular assassination contracts on each planet. You get 3 parts of each Warframe and then you need to buy the frame blueprint from the marketplace. Each part has a build time, as does the finished suit which combines the 3 items you make.

The actual blueprints are pretty quick but you will still need to grind for some of the mats and also having the build times to wait for. Or you can skip all that I just buy it with Platinum. :D

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
just booted this up and played a couple missions

really fun loot game, hopefully more of my friends join in!

Gameplay. Retardedly fun. More fun that it probably should be.

User Interface. Garbage. From top down:

(a) The galaxy map is a pain to navigate. I don't think - except on a world that's been completed, I've ever been actually able to navigate around a world and not have it toss me back to the other side of the map. The heck? DE really needs to add a list of planets on the side.

(b) I like that the INSTALLED tab on the modding menu lists the mods from the category you just jumped from (or last were in), but there needs to be a way to hotswap that when you're done.

(c) Also rejigger the whole Mod layout. Hitting cancel not only cancels the current process but the type of modding you want to do. Sometimes you don't want to Fusion that mod, but would like to apply the process to something else. Also is there anyway to sort by RARITY?

(d) With all the color palette options available, you think they could have given at least one full color palette to play with.

(e) A tutorial system beyond "This is how you walk. This is how you shoot." would have been nice. Yes there are a ton of these videos online. Perhaps I don't want to break the experience and would just like definitive information at my fingertips.

Overall. Worthy game hampered by the out of gameplay stuff. Still has gotten the lion share (other than AC4) of my PS4 play time.

It's like a lot of f2p games, they are lot of fun, decent games, but they skimp on the UI options and leave much of the game to be taught by other players or through trial and error.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Luckily, the interface is getting a nice upgrade next patch, right?

Sometimes forget this is still definitely a beta, but then I remember that they're still doing these massive changes every once in awhile. Melee system changing completely too, if I recall.

Said it before and I'll say it again, I've always found the bows to be super overrated. Unless you can get consistent hits on the weakpoints, you aren't going to be doing much damage, in my experience.

That being said, I really enjoy using my Dread now that I have a levelled up mod, I forget the name, that gives a percentage chance for shots to explode on impact. Full Rambo mode.

Thunderbolt by any chance? Got that equipped but it isn't leveled up yet :/

Armaros

That's the one. Took a while for the dupes to drop for it, but I fused them as soon as I could and it does unspeakable things to whatever is in the blast radius. Very nice.

Thunderbolt used to be bugged in that the explosion replaced the single target damage of the arrow, so bows with thunderbolt did much less dps against big targets

It should be fixed by now.

Just played a mobile defense and one guy was using a warframe which made the enemy fight for us. Got the fps down to about 5 frames per second. Literally a slideshow. Hope they fix that next.

Some are from your random daily login rewards, others are from particular assassination contracts on each planet. You get 3 parts of each Warframe and then you need to buy the frame blueprint from the marketplace. Each part has a build time, as does the finished suit which combines the 3 items you make.

The actual blueprints are pretty quick but you will still need to grind for some of the mats and also having the build times to wait for. Or you can skip all that I just buy it with Platinum. :D

But how do I know which ones to go for? At earlier levels are only some frame parts going to drop while some are higher level mission drops? How do I know who has a chance of dropping what?

But how do I know which ones to go for? At earlier levels are only some frame parts going to drop while some are higher level mission drops? How do I know who has a chance of dropping what?

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Warframes
Take your pick, see where they drop.

The bosses have a chance to drop warframe parts. You need 3 different parts from the boss; Helmet, Chassis, and Systems. All 3 drop from the same boss and are recieved when you complete the mission. It is random which one you get, but you NEED all 3 so multiple runs will be required.

After you get all 3 you make them in the forge. After that you go into the market and buy the warframe blueprint with credits, usually something like 30k. Then you can create the actual warframe which takes 3 days unless you pay real money.

The bosses all have different warframes, some are low level, some are high level bosses. Its a toss up. Can also ask for help here on in chat where to get the items or help farming them as im sure plenty will want to help.

Just did an alert for...morphics I think it is. Gave me seven of them. It was a level way higher than I was capable of. Spent most of my time hiding. Felt like as ass, but we passed lol.

Just played a mobile defense and one guy was using a warframe which made the enemy fight for us. Got the fps down to about 5 frames per second. Literally a slideshow. Hope they fix that next.

That would be Nyx ;)

Such a fun frame to play!

GalatIne with Ash + Rino's Roar + Nova's molecular prime is just absurd, I nearly one shot phriod with a charge attack.

I've been reading lots of good things about Nova. I think I'm gonna try her out next!

Armaros

That would be Nyx ;)

Such a fun frame to play!

I've been reading lots of good things about Nova. I think I'm gonna try her out next!

Nova is The nuker of Warframe, antimatter drop does ridiculous amounts of damage if used right and her ult increases damage taken on enemies and makes them explode if hit.

Edited for phone typing

Kurod

Banned
This game. Like crack it is. I just got my carrier sentinel and having all the pickups come to me is amazing. My Rhino should be done tonight too. This game.

Is there any room left in the clan? PSN is kurod007.

This game. Like crack it is.
It so is.

Really thinking this is the hidden gem of launch.

And its nice to wake up to freshly baked weapons. Just took a smoldering Dread and Kama out of the oven, and am currently doing missions to save up for Dual Vastos. That's going to take a while and many enemies will fall to feed that need. But thats fine by me.

Trigonx

I just got 71 hours and 50 min left for my Nova to finish building. Sunday.... soo far away.

Edit: But I got an Orgis coming in 35 min, and a Soma ready to claim.

Sdoots

It so is.

Really thinking this is the hidden gem of launch.

And its nice to wake up to freshly baked weapons. Just took a smoldering Dread and Kama out of the oven, and am currently doing missions to save up for Dual Vastos. That's going to take a while and many enemies will fall to feed that need. But thats fine by me.

Oh my FUCK you are in for some good times with those Dual Vastos.

But I got an Orgis coming in 35 min, and a Soma ready to claim

Here's the not-so-secret for the Soma: Put crit mods on it. Crit rate and crit damage. It has the highest possible crit chance to begin with in the rifle class, and it crits for pretty great damage to begin with. Maximizing that advantage is just a smart thing to do, by extension. ROF isn't bad either.

Oh my FUCK you are in for some good times with those Dual Vastos.
Looking forward to it but those suckers aren't cheap. I have raw materials for days but credits take longer to come by (in quantity) and seem to go very quickly if you're not keeping an eye on things (especially when fusing mods at higher levels), and without any active Operations going on I've just been snagging alerts whenever I get the chance since they almost always pay out decent credits.

But still, I'm in no rush. The moment to moment gameplay is still a great time but its also nice to have those longer term goals out there as well.

Top Bottom