• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

SnakeEyes

Banned
Don't use a forma on any of the non prime warframes since they will eventually be Primed and your Forma will go to waste
Considering how DE would probably leave a Rhino Prime until last, I've already Forma'd my Rhino AND REGRET NOTHING! :p

Hell yes. I....I can't die. That iron skin is god mode.
Oh you can still die, especially with horrible framerate drops in T3 Survivals, so make sure you also have a shield boost mod on too. My Rhino sits at 960 Shields, even when constantly running Iron Skin.

molnizzle

Don't use a forma on any of the non prime warframes since they will eventually be Primed and your Forma will go to waste

That's absolutely terrible advice. Forma blueprints are plentiful in the Void and it could be months before a given Warframe has a Prime version released. If you really like a Warframe, Forma it as needed.

Any chance the Amazon Warframe Codes (Link) can be redeemed on SEN?

No, unfortunately. PS4 plat comes from PSN only.

ParityBit

Do you guys advise putting potatoes on all frames? I will start cooking my rhino in the morning and am wondering if I should spend plat on a potato for it.

Do you guys use a weapon until it is 30 and then move on to leveling the next one you have?

Do you guys advise putting potatoes on all frames? I will start cooking my rhino in the morning and am wondering if I should spend plat on a potato for it.

Do you guys use a weapon until it is 30 and then move on to leveling the next one you have?

I used a potato immediately. There's no downside. You get the benefits straight away and it makes your warframe more powerful because you can add more powerful mods.

oktarb

My philosophy is this: I play the frame until about lvl 10. This give me enough initial point to play around with the abilities on low level missions. If I like the frame it gets a potato; if not I put the frame on the back burner. I might come back to it as moods shift.

If you have the plat for it, then its good advice. But if you're trying to keep things free and you don't have the plat to spare you could always get to know the warframe first with the early missions. See if its something you'd like. So at first, no you don't really need to since you might not even have enough interesting mods to slot.

If you get a weapon to 30 and you've run out of power to slot the mods you want, and you want to keep using it, then yeah, you can polarize it with a forma and reduce the power cost of your primary mods. Otherwise you might want to keep it around at max and craft yourself a new weapon and level that one up for a bit.

It all depends on how you play really, but you'll have more flexibility with missions if you have high level weapons available while you're working on leveling up lower level ones.

molnizzle

Do you guys advise putting potatoes on all frames?

Yes. Every single frame, and do it immediately. Fuck "testing it out" or whatever. If you don't have the $5 to throw down on some plat for potatoes then do everyone else a favor and don't even bother playing the game. That's my opinion, at least.

That's what I do, yeah. The game kind of encourages that with the mastery system. I have my "mains" in reserve for serious missions, but for my day-to-day fucking around I'm always leveling new weapons.

Does anyone play the market? I'm trying to get a few mods like energy siphon but I don't believe that really goes for 100p...

It absolutely does. It's the most useful aura in the game and you can only get it from random Alert missions. You might get lucky and take someone for a sucker, but 100p for Energy Siphon is about the going rate.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community

Rhino absolutely deserves a golden potato.

As for weapons, it depends.

For the longest time I rolled with the same kit (paris prime, kunai, galatine) because I enjoyed them so much and because these weapons are beasts and helped while I lacked many mods.

Nowadays it depends on the situation.

Yes. Every single frame, and do it immediately. Fuck "testing it out" or whatever. If you don't have the $5 to throw down on some plat for potatoes then do everyone else a favor and don't even bother playing the game. That's my opinion, at least.
Thankfully there is more than one way to play and enjoy this game.

molnizzle

I guess I was lucky as hell getting Energy Siphon as a random broken drop from a low level mission.

Pity it doesn't work on Rhino :(

I wonder if that's really what happened in your situation. You got that random "drop" about the same time that Energy Siphon was up on Alert. You sure that you didn't just get invited into a clan run of the Alert?

Oh, and it works just fine on Rhino after you Forma. ;-) You might as well get used to that concept... Nova is the only Warframe I'm aware of that has Energy Siphon's native polarity. Everything else will need a Forma.

What the heck is this potatoe everyone is talking about??

am I doing something wrong here? how do I get a potatoe?

Answered several posts up man, geez.

Thankfully there is more than one way to play and enjoy this game.

Well sure, you can absolutely play it wrongly if you want. ;-)

ParityBit

Ok! Sounds like it is worth dumping a potato in every frame. Weapons not always needed! I will get one for my Excalibur and Rhino when it's done.

Another question ...

I have a ton of fusion cores .... What should I use those on? What's the strategy?

molnizzle

I have a ton of fusion cores .... What should I use those on? What's the strategy?

Whatever mods you need to level! There's no real "strategy" beyond that. It completely depends on what Warframes you're using, what weapons you're using and what mods you have in the first place. No one can really tell you what you need to upgrade. It depends on what you have and what build you're going for!

I'll give you 8p

I'd just give it to you if I had an extra. Sorry mang.

TEH-CJ

Banned
I wonder if that's really what happened in your situation. You got that random "drop" about the same time that Energy Siphon was up on Alert. You sure that you didn't just get invited into a clan run of the Alert?

Oh, and it works just fine on Rhino after you Forma. ;-) You might as well get used to that concept... Nova is the only Warframe I'm aware of that has Energy Siphon's native polarity. Everything else will need a Forma.

Answered several posts up man, geez.

Well sure, you can absolutely play it wrongly if you want. ;-)

Ahh I see potato is to overcharge your frame and weapons. So I have been playing it right all along :p

Goon Boon

Banned
It absolutely does. It's the most useful aura in the game and you can only get it from random Alert missions. You might get lucky and take someone for a sucker, but 100p for Energy Siphon is about the going rate.

Either you added a 0 by accident (and even that thats a bit high), you don't know the price of anything, or you're trying to make people waste large amounts of platinum for no reason. If you don't know what somethings going for, don't fucking suggest "the going rate".

This goes for people suggesting others to buy fucking forma for clan stuff (forma blueprints had a 40% chance of dropping from T3 voids pre-loot table obfuscation), or saying to buy any resource at all really for clan stuff. Survival drops the shit like candy, including rare resources.

Hell, on that subject, frames are incredibly easy to farm for on the PC version (not sure if PS4 got the update that makes it easy yet). Several runs and you have the blueprints, and odds are you have most of the resources required bar the rare ones by the time you get all the blueprint parts.

The spread of misinformation could make people waste large amounts of plat that they could have put towards non-easily attainable things.

molnizzle

Either you added a 0 by accident (and even that thats a bit high), you don't know the price of anything, or you're trying to make people waste large amounts of platinum for no reason. If you don't know what somethings going for, don't fucking suggest "the going rate".

Maybe you should play the game on PS4 before spouting off a load of bullshit. That's how much Energy Siphon has been going for here. Maybe it shouldn't be that expensive and maybe it won't be in the future, but it is right now. Our market is newer and Energy Siphon has only been up on Alert like 3 times so far. Thanks for the worthless post though!

SnakeEyes

Banned
I'd just give it to you if I had an extra. Sorry mang.
ME FIRST PLZ! Can we start a queue? :D

Because more clan members with Energy Siphon would only benefit the clan.

Okay now I'm begging - I'll trade someone some Corrupted Mods (I have Tainted Clip and something else) for an Energy Siphon

Kurod

Banned
Today was a good day. I got my Rhino and Galatine from the oven and holy shit are they awesome! I slapped a reflex coil on the gal and I'm now slicing up dudes left and right.

molnizzle

Alright clan bros, I have duplicates of some rare mods that you can have for free. If a mod is listed more than once that means I have more than one duplicate available. Please select three mods at a time (if at all possible) to maximize my daily trade limit.

Just reply here and/or friend me on PSN (molnizzle). You'll need an Ammo Drum or something to offer up for the "trade."

Sill Available:
- Constitution
- Enemy Sense
- Enemy Sense
- Firestorm
- Focus
- Flow
- Flow
- Heavy Trauma
- Heavy Trauma
- Hellfire
- Killing Blow
- Metal Auger
- Physique (Aura)
- Pistol Scavenger (Aura)
- Ravage
- Ravage
- Rifle Ammo Mutation
- Sanctuary
- Self Destruct
- Serration
- Serration
- Serration
- Shotgun Ammo Mutation
- Shotgun Ammo Mutation
- Sniper Ammo Mutation
- Sniper Ammo Mutation
- Spare Parts
- Stabilizer
- Stabilizer
- Steady Hands
- Steady Hands
- Steel Charge (Aura)
- Streamline
- Streamline
- Streamline
- Stretch
- Stretch
- Stretch
- Sundering Strike
- Sundering Strike
- Sundering Strike
- Sundering Strike
- Thief's Wit
- Thief's Wit
- Undying Will
- Vigor
- Vigor
- Vigor
- Vital Sense
- Vital Sense
- Vital Sense
- Vital Sense
- Vital Sense
- Vital Sense
- Whirlwind

Previously Claimed:
- Barrel Diffusion (SnakeEyes)
- Continuity (omegamars)
- Firestorm (dave1988)
- Focus (dave1988)
- Guardian (QuantumSingularity)
- Master Thief (QuantumSingularity)
- Metal Auger (omegamars)
- Rifle Ammo Mutation (SnakeEyes)
- Rifle Ammo Mutation (StrongArmSteady)
- Sanctuary (Gordon Shumway)
- Serration (StrongArmSteady)
- Steel Charge (Aura) (Gordon Shumway)
- Streamline (dave1988)​

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
hey guys, i just got my ps4 for xmas but i'm really digging warframe. really underrated launch gem.

could i join the neogaf clan?

my psn is: cool_calm_jon
EST time zone

i'm still a newb but given a little time, i can contribute for sure!

also, what are the best uses for plat?

AlphaDump

Gold Member
Loving this game. Been using Rhino now for a few weeks. I use a level 30 Barton with level 10 shred and it just rips apart enemies.

I really wish things were a bit easier to find, but otherwise, this game is excellent and totally deserves some of your money.

Sdoots

Wait, has something changed since I played regularly? I know Energy Siphon is against most frames polarity, but you can still slot it in those frames regardless as long as you are willing to take the hit to your possible slots, right?

Or did they lock it so it HAS to be polarity matching?

Wait, has something changed since I played regularly? I know Energy Siphon is against most frames polarity, but you can still slot it in those frames regardless as long as you are willing to take the hit to your possible slots, right?

Aura mods require the same polarity unless as was mentioned above you use forma. Or Excalibur as he has no polarity for aura.

HORRORSHØW

Aura mods require the same polarity unless as was mentioned above you use forma. Or Excalibur as he has no polarity for aura.
I have a Rifle Amp Aura (V polarity) equipped on Nyx's -- Aura slot.

Can someone give me a quick little guide as to what the hell I am supposed to do/the mechanics? Because right now I'm feeling a bit stupid and a lot of stuff feels a bit unexplained so far. Granted, I've only played the first 3 available missions on the map, so perhaps I'm expecting explanations far too early.

I'm pretty sure the aura mod slot works the same as any other slot.

If the polarity don't match it costs you more to equip it (double)

So it makes sense to forma the slot and get maximum from having it equipped.

HORRORSHØW

Can someone give me a quick little guide as to what the hell I am supposed to do/the mechanics? Because right now I'm feeling a bit stupid and a lot of stuff feels a bit unexplained so far. Granted, I've only played the first 3 available missions on the map, so perhaps I'm expecting explanations far too early.
Don't expect explanations at all. Read up on the wiki for general questions regarding game mechanics; ask here for specific questions.

Basically read up on the Wiki. It's sounds like shitty advice but it does work.

Aim if the game is to level up your frame/gear/mods.

Damage system works ala pokemans ie. Certain elements and physical damage types work best against certain enemies.

There is no 'best' frame or 'best' weapons. It ultimately comes down to the mods you have, the enemies that you are facing and the play style that works best for you.

Briarios

I'm pretty sure the aura mod slot works the same as any other slot.

If the polarity don't match it costs you more to equip it (double)

So it makes sense to forma the slot and get maximum from having it equipped.

Aura mods don't cost you - they provide you with additional mod points, that's the awesome thing about auras! If the polarities match, you get twice the bonus of the mod. If they don't, you still get the bonus, but it's half.

Sdoots

Do you need to remove mods when using multiple weapons? Or can mods be on many at once?

They can be on multiple at once, but you can't level a mod over the capacity of a weapon it's currently installed in. So say my Sobek has 15 capacity, and I'm leveling my Shotgun Spaz from within the menu for my Hek. I might get to a point where the combined total value of the mods in my Sobek would surpass 15 if I leveled the Shotgun Spaz past where it currently is, so the game will instead pop up a prompt going "Yo, you can't do that. ____ can't handle this mod if you do.".

That said, Sentinels need a unique copy of a mod, they can't share from amongst your weapons.

Sdoots

Aura mods don't cost you - they provide you with additional mod points, that's the awesome thing about auras! If the polarities match, you get twice the bonus of the mod. If they don't, you still get the bonus, but it's half.

Okay, so it's still what I thought it was. Got concerned for a moment there. :p

Still waiting for those friend requests, guys. PSN is Sdewts. Just because the rainbow bridge isn't here yet doesn't mean we can't be friends.

Right?

Right?

molnizzle

Shit! Fuck! Hold those two for me please!
Will msg you via PSN as well.

Mol. Please hold:

Metal Auger and Continuity

for me mang.... I needs those!!!!!!!

If we're calling for mods, then I would like master thief and guardian.

Reserved for you all. Friend me on PSN!

It doesn't HAVE to match... but if it doesn't match then you'll get less extra mod slots awarded. For example, when maxed out Energy Siphon gives you 7 additional mod slots on your Warframe if the aura slot has no inherent polarity. If the polarity matches then you get double that -- a full 14 additional mod slots. If it doesn't match then you're penalized and only get 5 additional slots. So it's a difference of 9 slots between an unmatched polarity and a matched. 65 vs. 74 for Warframe mod capacity. Pretty huge difference.

The aura slot is by far the most efficient use of Forma if you have Energy Siphon, in my opinion.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Allright, added more people to chat.

If I missed you, please post.

Also if you're watching netflix or something and the chat spam bothers you, try disabling the message notification on the settings.

So played through first two areas, Mercury and Venus I believe, and got past two first bosses and cleared it all, I kinda feel weak as crap now, should I just be constantly grinding on the older planets instead of moving on? I really want to get new stuff since its getting boring using the same 3 weapons over and over again so much, it's going to be hella grindy this game eh?

oktarb

Finished baking my Nova last night. I imagine it gets powerful. Right now I feel like I have to spam Nova Star all the time to keep it up. Also. Molecule Prime throws me off. You hit it and then hen you kill an enemy it starts a chain reaction. pretty neat but it goes against my feeling that my super power should immediately save my ass. Will have to get used to it some more.

Of the frames I have this is my favorite to least favorite ranking:

Rhino (I'm the Fucking Juggernaut bitch!)
Volt (Bzzzzz you're all dead)
Trinity (I don't like using the Boss killer combo when playing with friends)
Mag (Pull is awesome)
Nova (I look good in pink.)
Nekros (Love how he looks, not in love with his power set)

Top Bottom