• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

hyp

It wasn't but is now.
I found tonight that with iron skin and charged attacks with my galatine I was killing it against the infected, but the corpus were slaughtering me.

throw an electric damage + cold damage mod on that galatine to give it magnetic damage. add expel corpus and then you should be formidable.

Kurod

Banned
According to the wiki it does.
It only drops it %5 though, so a 1200 iron skin becomes 1140. Losing only 60 armor to become one of the fastest frames seems like a good trade.

Thanks. That doesn't seem so bad. I'll keep using it then. Now if only I could recolor the bars on the side.

It wasn't but is now.
I found tonight that with iron skin and charged attacks with my galatine I was killing it against the infected, but the corpus were slaughtering me.

I got a Killing Blow mod from Hek. With that and Reflex Coil I was slaughtering everything with my Galatine. Even corpus that were shielded by ospreys were dying in single charged attacks.

So I just got a Chorus Banshee Helmet from an alert. I already have the chassis and systems, can I use this helmet to create my frame or do I need to unlock the sstandard helmet first? Wiki doesn't make it clear.

EL Beefo

throw an electric damage + cold damage mod on that galatine to give it magnetic damage. add expel corpus and then you should be formidable.

Even better, replace the electric mod with focus energy to get electric + charge speed on one mod.

MoonGred

After a few runs with my freshly baked Rhino and Burston I've come to two conclusions.

1. Rhino is pretty sweet, I felt like I made a bad choice with Mag as she wasn't really my thing. But everything about Rhino is what I wanted from a frame.
That said I only got him to level 7.

2. The burston is .... I don't know, it's not bad, but I can't decided whether it's good either. It feels so much like the Barton.
At the moment I feel like I wasted credits and mats, and should have just gotten the Bolster.
Can anyone back this up, or tell me if the Burston gets pretty sweet with some mods?

frizby

Can't believe anybody would dislike Rhino, particularly in favor of Mag. Mag is great against low level enemies and is definitely fun to play, but he's squishy, and he certainly isn't a heavy damage dealer. Rhino is a fully badass frame and his Iron Skin and Stomp are a devastating combo, even against high level enemies. If I need to solo a level, which I've had to do a lot of lately to open up the map (what's up clan?), Rhino is my frame of choice. And the Vanguard helmet...sogood.gif.

That said, I got Nova yesterday, and OMFG. I love her so much. Reminds me of playing Lileth in Borderlands...just zipping in and out crowds and dropping devastating attacks. I leveled her to 30 in a day, because she gets a comical number of kills with her Molecular Prime ability and with Flow/Streamline/Stretch. In one defense mission last night, I had over 900 kills. I also really dig the teleport for getting in and out of tough spots. My only beef is that her two polarity slots are "V", and I don't find myself using V polarity mods on my frame other than maybe Focus. I think I'm going to have to forma her today to change a V and probably again later to ditch that ball power.

ParityBit

I should get my Rhino tonight!!

So ... I bought both an Xbox One and PS4. Why is it that this free game seems to be taking the most of my time?!

I should get my Rhino tonight!!

So ... I bought both an Xbox One and PS4. Why is it that this free game seems to be taking the most of my time?!

I'm the exact same.

Poured 900 hours into BF3 last gen....BF4 is collecting dust along with CoD,KZ and AC.

Actually my most played games are Warframe then Resogun :p

ParityBit

So when I get my Rhino today, should I use Fusion Cores to up his abilities? I don't think I will find cards which he will use easily.

Also, what sort of cards do you put on your sentinel weapons? I don't think I have any good ones for it.

Lastly, I have like 20 unused points on my current frame because I have no more card slots. I could use fusion cores on those too (which have not been maxed out). I feel like I am badly missing something in my setups.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Can't believe anybody would dislike Rhino, particularly in favor of Mag. Mag is great against low level enemies and is definitely fun to play, but he's squishy, and he certainly isn't a heavy damage dealer.

Mag will outdamage every other frame when it comes to corpus.

Sdoots

Totally alright with the rainbow bridge not existing yet. Steam Holiday Sale has Warframe item tie-ins this year, craft the badge, and you can potentially get "phased" items that are only available by doing that. I have my Vauban skinned out to look Phased now, weird as hell.

The Tigris sells for 35 bucks. What the hell is wrong with people?

I want it so fucking bad

um

So when I get my Rhino today, should I use Fusion Cores to up his abilities? I don't think I will find cards which he will use easily.

Also, what sort of cards do you put on your sentinel weapons? I don't think I have any good ones for it.

Lastly, I have like 20 unused points on my current frame because I have no more card slots. I could use fusion cores on those too (which have not been maxed out). I feel like I am badly missing something in my setups.

Use other cards with the same polarity that you have extra/no need for the first level or 2 then use fusion cores.

That's what I do anyways!

I put weapons on my sentinel which compliment my set up. I run with one radiation damage weapon, one gas weapon and one magnetic. My sentinel uses whatever works best from the choices left over :)

molnizzle

Uh, yeah, you should always upgrade every mod that you're currently using. Especially Warframe abilities. That much should be obvious mang. ;-)

Armaros

Mag will outdamage every other frame when it comes to corpus.

Also Ragdolling things with Pull does quite a bit of damage if you can line up enemies. Amazing for corridors

Edit: and not quite, Nothing beats Nova with properly stacked and fed Antimatter drops, its just massive overkill for anything that isn't level 70+ or higher. Antimatter drops have been known to hit 6 digits of damage with the Molecular Prime Debuff.

ParityBit

Uh, yeah, you should always upgrade every mod that you're currently using. Especially Warframe abilities. That much should be obvious mang. ;-)

Well I more of was looking for advice as to the best way to level them up. Like on my Excalibur, the cards are rare's, so I would never find the same card to level it up. I did not remember the polarity thing ... so maybe that's the way to do it.

But then when do you add fusion cores? When it gets higher level? Also, does it matter the level of the card? Like if I have 2 cards I never fused, vs one I have. Which is better to use?

Armaros

Well I more of was looking for advice as to the best way to level them up. Like on my Excalibur, the cards are rare's, so I would never find the same card to level it up. I did not remember the polarity thing ... so maybe that's the way to do it.

But then when do you add fusion cores? When it gets higher level? Also, does it matter the level of the card? Like if I have 2 cards I never fused, vs one I have. Which is better to use?

Fusion Cores are the main way to level up mods, they add 100% to leveling up mods just like as if you had duplicates. Each tier adds a different amount, common, uncommon, rare.

Read up on the Wiki to see which Powers are worth leveling up first. I know its tiresome thing being repeated here, buts that important.

Xclusion

Use your fusion cores to level them up. You don't have to wait till they get higher. If you have the same card and want to fuse them fine but I usually like to have a couple repeat cards in the case that I want to try a different load out.

Just keep playing. I don't know if warframe mods come from specific mobs, but I found all of my mods in Mercury. I started with Mag. Maybe it's the RNG affecting your drops.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Also Ragdolling things with Pull does quite a bit of damage if you can line up enemies. Amazing for corridors

Edit: and not quite, Nothing beats Nova with properly stacked and fed Antimatter drops, its just massive overkill for anything that isn't level 70+ or higher. Antimatter drops have been known to hit 6 digits of damage with the Molecular Prime Debuff.

On paper, yes.

However in a real game the time and coordination to set up an antimatter drop is a significant drawback when compared to simply activating shield polarise. Yesterday I saw polarise hitting for close to 10k.

Armaros

On paper, yes.

However in a real game the time and coordination to set up an antimatter drop is a significant drawback when compared to simply activating shield polarise. Yesterday I saw polarise hitting for close to 10k.

You can easily hit that solo with a crit-Soma build with antimatter drop, or with a Supra. And it works on all enemy types. Hell if you do it right, you can drop a Crit-Soma Antimatter Drop INTO another Antimatter drop, that will most likely kill anything that isn't the Derelict Golem Boss.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
You can easily hit that solo with a crit-Soma build with antimatter drop, or with a Supra. And it works on all enemy types. Hell if you do it right, you can drop a Crit-Soma Antimatter Drop INTO another Antimatter drop, that will most likely kill anything that isn't the Derelict Golem Boss.

How long does it take you to build up 10k with a soma on the drop?

ParityBit

So tonight I plan on setting up my Warframe a little better.

I plan on going with ...

Rhino (Done cooking tonight)
Burston (Until 30)
Single/Dual Vastos (Until 30)
Dual Zoren (Until 30)
DethCube

Any suggestions/changes/combos? Once I max this stuff out, I am of course willing to swap out whatever.

hyp

So tonight I plan on setting up my Warframe a little better.

I plan on going with ...

Rhino (Done cooking tonight)
Burston (Until 30)
Single/Dual Vastos (Until 30)
Dual Zoren (Until 30)
DethCube

Any suggestions/changes/combos? Once I max this stuff out, I am of course willing to swap out whatever.

I was a big fan of burston early on and plan to snag the prime version when it's possible.

try high crit chance and high crit damage mods on that burston and max them out. aim for the head and feel the power.

molnizzle

So you're asking whether you should use Fusion Cores or other duplicate mods with the matching polarity symbol to level up your equipped mods?

The answer is yes.

You should never wait until you have duplicates of a specific mod to level it up. That's insane. Some of the mods in this game have less than a 1% drop rate, you'll be lucky if you ever find one of them. If you find a good mod then level it up as much as you can -- immediately. Use whatever you have available. Fusion Cores, other duplicates with matching polarity, maybe even other duplicates with non-matching polarity if you're super close to a rank up and it'll only take a few of them. You should never be running around with non-leveled mods if you have the capability and Warframe/weapon capacity to level them up. That's just dumb!

I'm ALWAYS out of Fusion Cores and unused duplicate mods, with the only exceptions being the Rare ones that I'm saving to give away to other clan members.

Top Bottom