• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

On the topic of Rhino, I've got one cooking atm, and just trying to think ahead.

For primary I'm thinking maybe the Strun or Burston.

Secondary: No clue at all

Melee: Scindo

Does anyone have any better recommendations?

For your secondary take any of the 3 thrown weapons. Once you get used to them it's beast mode. The 3 weapons all have their own advantages/strengths. Be it reload speed/clip size/fire rate or damage type.

I personally love the Hikou when I want rapid continuous fire modded for high reload,crit,crit damage etc.

Despair I use for for more controlled, higher damage in comparison to Hikou.

Kunai I'm still levelling so not got a lot of experience with these compared to the other 2. So far though they seem like high damage, higher then the other 2? I'm not sure yet.

Given Despair some more time after doing the same for ember prime (which I love now) and with thunderbolt and fire mods etc I was tossing out 21-35K crits on infested defense. Also the AOI of the explosion from thunder shot is massive!

frizby

Grimløck;95127919 said:
I have a crapload of T1-T3 keys. I'm down for a few runs tomorrow. Hit me up via chat. I still need to get the Mag Prime blueprint. I have multiples of her helmet, chassis, and systems blueprints, but not the main blueprint.

Mag Prime is probably the easiest character in the game to farm (5-6 drops per key on survival), so yeah, I'm happy to help.

I'll be on most of the day today and will post something on chat.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
How do I get back into the Warframe chat room that was created on the PS4? Do I need to get invited again?

I'm guessing whomever created it sends out invites to GAF clan members? Not really sure who's in charge of all that..just know that it's "GAF only."

I created the "chat" room.

PSN doesn't really have a chat room functionality, it's just creatively abusing the message system.

Anyone can add people to the chat, not just me but for whatever reason I've added like 90% of the people in there. Since it's no real chat room, there's no moderator functionality and the only way to remove people is by convincing people to remove themselves so please don't invite non-gaffers to it. The max amount of people it can fit is 99, we're at 56 ATM.

I just check the in-game clan list and invite people from the clan and also browse this thread for invite requests. If the constant notifications bother you while watching movies or games, try disabling the message notifications on the settings rather than removing yourself by deleting the chat room.

The reason we use that instead of the ingame chat is that it has several upsides: can be used from your smartphone, it notifies you when someone says anything, it has timestamps... etc.

If I've missed anyone who wants in, just reply.

So after some convincing I've made a Rhino and a Galatine is in the oven.

Out of curiosity, how much energy would you guys say is too much?

Currently my Ember is it 262.5, with a flow mod I can take it up to 460ish. However I'm running with streamline so efficiency goes down and if 260 is enough for end game I can use the flow mod spot for something more survival oriented, ie vitality.

HORRORSHØW

Mag Prime is probably the easiest character in the game to farm (5-6 drops per key on survival), so yeah, I'm happy to help.

I'll be on most of the day today and will post something on chat.
Gonna be at work till 8 pm PST. I'll hit you up if you're still on.

Kurod

Banned
What's everyone's opinion on dual broncos? I'm leveling up a single one now and I'm just not feeling it. Thinking of just going back to the Seer.

molnizzle

Much love for Shade, the best sentinel ever and hero of today's survival game.

Our undying praise be onto Shade most high. The hero we Tenno need -- but not the one we deserve.

If only the share button "record last 15 minutes of gameplay" thing actually worked. Such miraculous save. Wow.

Dave1988

Our undying praise be onto Shade most high. The hero we Tenno need -- but not the one we deserve.

If only the share button "record last 15 minutes of gameplay" thing actually worked. Such miraculous save. Wow.

Yeah, that was so clutch. Based Shade. Too bad the video didn't save correctly. :(

New Alert:

Warframe PS4 Alert said:
Outer Terminus (Pluto): Elite Troop Located - 36m - 14600cr - Phoenix Ember Helmet (Blueprint)

Dante

This thread consistently being on the front page has piqued my interest(I am guessing people are enjoying it?), wrapping up Assasins Creed IV tonight, I think I might give this a go.

TEH-CJ

Banned
This game needs some new death animations or better feedback when shooting enemies.

blasting point blank with a shot gun should send enemies flying or get blasted into gibs. Not very rewarding when you farm for days for that shotgun you have been waiting for and you are rewarded with the same old canned death animation.

Is there a patch coming soon?

Got a friend to try it out today, ran him through the first few stages. He seems to like it so far.

My mag is up to lv 17 now! Finally unlocked the Jupiter stages as well. Still need to unlock mars and kill the Earth Boss as well.

Have two parts for the rhino frame as well, just need one more, and a bunch of materials and credits to build it.

HORRORSHØW

This game needs some new death animations or better feedback when shooting enemies.

blasting point blank with a shot gun should send enemies flying or get blasted into gibs. Not very rewarding when you farm for days for that shotgun you have been waiting for and you are rewarded with the same old canned death animation.

For death animations? I doubt it. Corrosive deaths are satisfying, though.

bebop242

Got a friend to try it out today, ran him through the first few stages. He seems to like it so far.

My mag is up to lv 17 now! Finally unlocked the Jupiter stages as well. Still need to unlock mars and kill the Earth Boss as well.

Have two parts for the rhino frame as well, just need one more, and a bunch of materials and credits to build it.

I've gotten 2 friends completely hooked on it. Now one of them has other people interested. This game is easily the most underrated game on the new consoles.

Enemies fly back and cause damage to other enemies while doing so when using thrown weapons or bows :D

So just a case of adding that animation to the shotguns!

Had a few games with rhino...even at low levels iron skin is OP. Stomp is pretty powerful too.

Pimpwerx

Will this game ever have trophies? I want to play it and Blacklight, but I'm not investing time in games without trophies. PEACE.

Armaros

Yeah thats cool, but why not with the shotgun? :(

Because they can generally knockback one or two targets, shotguns would do that to whole rooms.

They would have to rework the ragdoll damage system and that would weaken thrown weapons and bows but mainly bows. And bow have enough problems due to how fast the game is.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Played for a while today and, while I liked the core game, I think it may be too stat heavy and grindy for me. I have no idea what to work towards to improve my character to suit my playstyle. Maybe I'll try again down the line. I have way too many games to work through now as is.

molnizzle

Yeah thats cool, but why not with the shotgun? :(

You need the rare mods to do OP shit like that. Your actual weapon is merely the vessel that delivers the damage output of your mods.

Played for a while today and, while I liked the core game, I think it may be too stat heavy and grindy for me. I have no idea what to work towards to improve my character to suit my playstyle.

It's about as "grindy" as video games can be and more stat heavy than some of the more convoluted turn-based RPG's out there. To a fault, in my opinion. Damage 2.0 badly needs to be streamlined.

Built rhino, playing around with him now and reached rank 7.
Really struggling, he's so weak and I keep needing reviving. Iron skin is ineffective, stomp is his only redeeming factor.
I'll go back to my level 30 Mag if things don't improve, it's just no fun.

velociraptor

Really struggling, he's so weak and I keep needing reviving. Iron skin is ineffective, stomp is his only redeeming factor.
I felt that way when I started playing as Oberon but realise that you are comparing a modded level 30 character (whose health and shield is increased) versus a level 7 character who barely has any mods.

what was the option that you turn off that made melee better?
oh and add me so we can play and so i don't need to cry in a corner because i have no friends.........on psn
psn id: King_Grimlock822

molnizzle

...joke post?

hyp

I have a spare steel charge you can have, don't really care what I get in return.

EDIT: Transitioning from Rhino to Nova is definitely going to take some getting used to.

still have the mod beefo? I'll hit you up on warframe next time I see ya

...joke post?

No, with Mag I felt invincible and a one woman killing machine. Defence missions were amazing with pull. and that was from an early level and just kept improving.

I did a rhino defence mission and felt so out of my depth, having to rely on my guns and sword because he has no useful powers.
And a liability who needed reviving and wasn't really contributing.

molnizzle

No, with Mag I felt invincible and a one woman killing machine. Defence missions were amazing with pull. and that was from an early level and just kept improving.

I did a rhino defence mission and felt so out of my depth, having to rely on my guns and sword because he has no useful powers.

Rhino is a tank, and the best one in the game. You should not be dying at all in the early/mid level missions. With Armor Skin Rhino is practically invincible and Rhino Stomp is devastating AoE. Not sure how you're managing to die...

I'm level 16 Rhino now and am pushing through the planets. I haven't died once. With Rhino skin I'm pretty much cheating.

Edit: shit son, rejuvenation aura available right now on an alert. Now....this one or my energy siphon.

EL Beefo

Maybe a dumb question, but is your Iron Skin leveled up? It starts at only 400 extra armor, but maxed it reaches 1200. The best part though is that it ignores all knockdown/stagger attacks, plus the ancient disrupter's disruption attack doesn't have any affect you, you literally become unstoppable. Really the only downsides are his speed and low max energy (only 150 at level 30).

hyp said:
still have the mod beefo? I'll hit you up on warframe next time I see ya

Yeah, I should be on later tonight.

Kurod

Banned
Maybe a dumb question, but is your Iron Skin leveled up? It starts at only 400 extra armor, but maxed it reaches 1200. The best part though is that it ignores all knockdown/stagger attacks, plus the ancient disrupter's disruption attack doesn't have any affect you, you literally become unstoppable. Really the only downsides are his speed and low max energy (only 150 at level 30).

Yeah, I should be on later tonight.

Does power strength affect iron skin any? I got a Vanguard helmet from an alert yesterday. It says it increases speed but reduces power strength. I like how it looks and I like zipping around but I'd rather not make myself squishier.

Does power strength affect iron skin any? I got a Vanguard helmet from an alert yesterday. It says it increases speed but reduces power strength. I like how it looks and I like zipping around but I'd rather not make myself squishier.

According to the wiki it does.

EL Beefo

It only drops it %5 though, so a 1200 iron skin becomes 1140. Losing only 60 armor to become one of the fastest frames seems like a good trade.

hyp

damn these 15k+ credit alert missions make me want to complete the entire map. too damn busy leveling up shit. :(

hyp

Grimløck;95238082 said:
It only takes a few minutes. I just did Pluto and got 20K for the whole mission.

edited my post, i meant finish the map. some of the later missions have zero players in them. for the most part, I don't even have the higher paying areas unlocked.

It wasn't but is now.
I found tonight that with iron skin and charged attacks with my galatine I was killing it against the infected, but the corpus were slaughtering me.

Top Bottom