• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I've gone a little bit crazy and am cooking 5 frames right now (Nova, Nyx, Necros, Valkyr, Vaubon). I figure it makes sense to get them built and then wait to claim them from the foundry until I'm ready.

Transmute is a complete waste of time and money. On a whim, I did it a few times to see if I could get a Guardian mod. I figured if I put in 4 sentinel mods, my odds would be better, but apparently not after looking into it.

I also spammed a few of you with T3 Defense invites yesterday. Hopefully not a bother.

Not at all, friz, you just caught me doing something else.

phierce

Slowly making progress in this game. Sucks that I can't do a lot of the alerts due to not having those worlds open to me yet. Working my way to jupiter from Earth now, then once those are unlocked, i'll double back to mars's branch.

Also finished my first Rank up test! Now have access to all those lv 2 weapons, though I can't craft any of them yet due to lack of mats.
You don't need to have it unlocked to do alerts. You can join directly to an alert lobby solo.

When you're on the main screen (one that lists play, arsenal, foundry, etc), push triangle, push down to alerts, click X twice...now you're q'd for the alert.

Man I can't wait for PS4 to get accelerant for ember. Gonna be beast mode especially once I get (if I get) energy Siphon with power str,range and duration mods :D

Think I'll sacrifice flow and vitality to be a killing machine!

molnizzle

The Ignis just isn't working out for this rank 10 test. Off to YouTube...

Ugh, 30+ mob def runs on Phobos trying to get Fever Strike. Not even once /cry

/cry is right. I built a Nekros just to improve my chances. Hit me up next time you're farming for it!

HORRORSHØW

The Ignis just isn't working out for this rank 10 test. Off to YouTube...
How'd you get through the level 8 test? I'm almost there and I'm already dreading it b/c of how awkward the wall running can be at times.

Also, where in the dojo is the trading kiosk? -_-

SnakeEyes

Banned
Grimløck;95106856 said:
How'd you get through the level 8 test? I'm almost there and I'm already dreading it b/c of how awkward the wall running can be at times.

Also, where in the dojo is the trading kiosk? -_-

It's in the hall you spawn into. Look for a pillar that looks like....

Warframe0065_zps1a7cfbc4.png

ParityBit

Can someone explain sentinels to me? Why I have the unit and also a weapon? I have the Dethcube and both components have individual levels?

Can someone explain sentinels to me? Why I have the unit and also a weapon? I have the Dethcube and both components have individual levels?

Indeed. Separate mods and xp too. You can get other weapons from other sentinels and use them on a cube if you so choose. (Each sentinel has a different weapon: cube has a machine gun, others might have a shotgun or other weapon which will effect their mod options.) Different sentinels likewise have specific mods that make them useful for different tasks. Cube is good for decently helpful damage and stunning enemies that creep up on you, whereas another sentinel might pick up items for you.

I run with a cube too, but it's all down to what you want out of a helper.

HORRORSHØW

Think of the sentinel as a (mini) Warframe with its own unique abilities depending on its mods. The Dethcube, for example, can be modded to shoot the first visible enemy and vaporize anyone who gets too close. The Carrier's Vacuum sucks up all pick ups for you (so handy). Similarly, the sentinel's weapons function the same way as it does for Warframes; that is, you can equip different weapons (after you get more sentinels) and equip mods on them so they behave differently. Be warned, though, that your Warframe's weapon's mods and your sentinel's weapon's mods cannot be shared between the two.

hyp

anyone have an aura mod with V polarity they'd like to trade for? the only aura I have is rejuvenation but there are some rare mods I'd be down to give, just let me know what you need.

HORRORSHØW

anyone have an aura mod with V polarity they'd like to trade for? the only aura I have is rejuvenation but there are some rare mods I'd be down to give, just let me know what you need.

I have Rifle Amp. I need either of these: Energy Siphon, Split Chamber, Over Extended, Fleeting Expertise, Hammer Shot, or Barrel Diffusion.

RedAssedApe

Banned
does this game have a healthy online population? i've only tried it once during NA launch week but got caught up playing other stuff.

molnizzle

You don't need to have it unlocked to do alerts. You can join directly to an alert lobby solo.

When you're on the main screen (one that lists play, arsenal, foundry, etc), push triangle, push down to alerts, click X twice...now you're q'd for the alert.

This is... not true. You only see alerts that you have unlocked from the main screen. If you don't have the mission node unlocked, you won't see the alert. You can still be invited to the alert by someone who DOES have it unlocked, however.

Note that you don't have to actually have a mission completed to get an alert for it. You only need to have it available to you.

does this game have a healthy online population? i've only tried it once during NA launch week but got caught up playing other stuff.

Healthy and growing by the day.

molnizzle

Grimløck;95106856 said:

Disable "Hold Jump to Wall Run" in options. You'll now simply tap X again when you hit a wall and you'll be able to move the camera around while you run along it. It makes the parkour stuff in the game much simpler and more fun. You can effortlessly jump from wall to wall just like the videos you see of people playing on PC. Try it out in the clan dojo and prepare to have your mind blown.

Yet another stupid default option that should be flipped off by default. Did anyone at DE even test this game using a controller?

hyp

Grimløck;95112472 said:
I have Rifle Amp. I need either of these: Energy Siphon, Split Chamber, Over Extended, Fleeting Expertise, Hammer Shot, or Barrel Diffusion.

darn don't have any of those. any rare mods you're looking for?

ParityBit

Indeed. Separate mods and xp too. You can get other weapons from other sentinels and use them on a cube if you so choose. (Each sentinel has a different weapon: cube has a machine gun, others might have a shotgun or other weapon which will effect their mod options.) Different sentinels likewise have specific mods that make them useful for different tasks. Cube is good for decently helpful damage and stunning enemies that creep up on you, whereas another sentinel might pick up items for you.

I run with a cube too, but it's all down to what you want out of a helper.

Grimløck;95110198 said:
Think of the sentinel as a (mini) Warframe with its own unique abilities depending on its mods. The Dethcube, for example, can be modded to shoot the first visible enemy and vaporize anyone who gets too close. The Carrier's Vacuum sucks up all pick ups for you (so handy). Similarly, the sentinel's weapons function the same way as it does for Warframes; that is, you can equip different weapons (after you get more sentinels) and equip mods on them so they behave differently. Be warned, though, that your Warframe's weapon's mods and your sentinel's weapon's mods cannot be shared between the two.

Wow thanks guys! Guess that means there is a reason for multiple sentinels. I guess it is worth giving a potato to the sentinel and his weapon too.

Armaros

Wow thanks guys! Guess that means there is a reason for multiple sentinels. I guess it is worth giving a potato to the sentinel and his weapon too.

You can now exchange weapons between sentinels, but be warned, their AIs and AI attack ranges are designed for one weapon type and will respond the same even with different weapons. IE Carrier uses a shotgun normally, so its AI will be tailored for shotgun use, even with the machinegun.

You can now exchange weapons between sentinels, but be warned, their AIs and AI attack ranges are designed for one weapon type and will respond the same even with different weapons. IE Carrier uses a shotgun normally, so its AI will be tailored for shotgun use, even with the machinegun.

Didn't know that about the AI! Learning new things everyday. Thanks!

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Do the updates usually take a while? Mine just stopped at 23% and hasn't moved in about 10 minutes.

Any tips for newcomers? I've only played the tutorial and that was about a month ago.

frizby

So I got what I assumed to be the harder to get Ember Prime parts from T3s, and now I can't get the T1/T2 parts to drop. Ugh. If anybody has T2 capture keys, I'd love to make a few runs tomorrow. I think I have 2 left.

The best thing for me today was the alert mission for the Rhino helmet that makes him speedy. His body is ready.

HORRORSHØW

So I got what I assumed to be the harder to get Ember Prime parts from T3s, and now I can't get the T1/T2 parts to drop. Ugh. If anybody has T2 capture keys, I'd love to make a few runs tomorrow. I think I have 2 left.

The best thing for me today was the alert mission for the Rhino helmet that makes him speedy. His body is ready.
I have a crapload of T1-T3 keys. I'm down for a few runs tomorrow. Hit me up via chat. I still need to get the Mag Prime blueprint. I have multiples of her helmet, chassis, and systems blueprints, but not the main blueprint.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Game is fun but I'm totally overwhelmed. Haven't even finished Mercury yet but I don't remember the last time I felt this lost in a game. It is definitely fun though. Bought the Ember blueprint since it seems like that'll fit my playstyle better than Excalibur but I don't think I'm anywhere near being able to use it yet.

I still have a bit of cash left over but I'm not sure which weapons are worth it. I'm only level 4 but I can afford most of what isn't XP locked.

MoonGred

Are material drops shared at the end of the round? I always loot everything (containers etc) but I don't want to be a dick, and not share

Armaros

Are material drops shared at the end of the round? I always loot everything (containers etc) but I don't want to be a dick, and not share

iirc money is shared, but everyone see their own mods and resources that they have to pick up, you dont take stuff away from others.

bebop242

Game is fun but I'm totally overwhelmed. Haven't even finished Mercury yet but I don't remember the last time I felt this lost in a game. It is definitely fun though. Bought the Ember blueprint since it seems like that'll fit my playstyle better than Excalibur but I don't think I'm anywhere near being able to use it yet.

I still have a bit of cash left over but I'm not sure which weapons are worth it. I'm only level 4 but I can afford most of what isn't XP locked.

Def buy the braton, its def better than the one you start out with.

I wouldn't bother with buying anything else yet, just keep playing and level up your starter stuff and start combining your mod cards. There is a lot of stuff to figure out in this game.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Def buy the braton, its def better than the one you start out with.

I wouldn't bother with buying anything else yet, just keep playing and level up your starter stuff and start combining your mod cards. There is a lot of stuff to figure out in this game.

Cool, I was wondering what the difference in the Bratons was.

EL Beefo

I have a spare steel charge you can have, don't really care what I get in return.

EDIT: Transitioning from Rhino to Nova is definitely going to take some getting used to.

molnizzle

Grimløck;95135359 said:
If Rhino is easy mode, then Nova is super-easy mode.

For early/mid-tear missions maybe. Higher tier stuff Nova is solid and great to have around for her debuff, but her survivability is kind of a downer.

jersoc

So question. How do I do more damage? Rocking a Boltor and stuff with shields takes forever to kill. I can't get cold or electric mod for shit. Am I just boned until then? It's not fun taking a full clip to kill something. I have.a rhino building and using a mag now. Mastery is 3. From what I was reading I just need those mods, which is dumb. I feel like I hurt the team more than anything.

EL Beefo

For early/mid-tear missions maybe. Higher tier stuff Nova is solid and great to have around for her debuff, but her survivability is kind of a downer.

Yeah, she can certainly do tons of damage, but I have to get used to not being able to throw on iron skin and Leroy Jenkins myself into a mob of infested.

phierce

This is... not true. You only see alerts that you have unlocked from the main screen. If you don't have the mission node unlocked, you won't see the alert. You can still be invited to the alert by someone who DOES have it unlocked, however.

Note that you don't have to actually have a mission completed to get an alert for it. You only need to have it available to you.

Healthy and growing by the day.
Thanks for the clarification. Just thought for sure I've done several that I didn't have unlocked. Guess I was wrong.

MoonGred

On the topic of Rhino, I've got one cooking atm, and just trying to think ahead.

For primary I'm thinking maybe the Strun or Burston.

Secondary: No clue at all

Melee: Scindo

Does anyone have any better recommendations?

molnizzle

So question. How do I do more damage? Rocking a Boltor and stuff with shields takes forever to kill. I can't get cold or electric mod for shit. Am I just boned until then? It's not fun taking a full clip to kill something. I have.a rhino building and using a mag now. Mastery is 3. From what I was reading I just need those mods, which is dumb. I feel like I hurt the team more than anything.

It's not just those elemental mods. Serration, Speed Trigger, Split Chamber, etc.

SnakeEyes

Banned
On the topic of Rhino, I've got one cooking atm, and just trying to think ahead.

For primary I'm thinking maybe the Strun or Burston.

Secondary: No clue at all

Melee: Scindo

Does anyone have any better recommendations?
Galatine for Melee, guaranteed. Rhino's survivability plus the charge swing on Galatine = Must.
As for Primary, I was running the Boltor with mine but others have been using the Ignis (flamethrower).
For Secondary, I'd suggest the Kunai or the Vasto.

Top Bottom