• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Sdoots

Are there build suggestions there? I have looked but knowing what polarity to change to is tough. I may feel te skill I want to add is good .... When it's not really. Right now I am just leveling things to 30.

You are thinking way too much about this. I'm at Mastery 8 and I've only forma'd one of my items. It's helpful, but not critical. Just do what you think would be fun. Experiment. A lot of what makes this game great is the flexibility it gives you as a player.

On a rifle, you can never go wrong putting a V in there with the forma, so when you have a high level Serration, its cost won't be the 11 or so points it normally would be. There's my one suggestion, if you really want some guidance.

Kurod

Banned
Forma'd my Excalibur. Now with E. Siphon, Flow, Streamline, Stretch, and Pendragon Helm I'm having a ton of fun zipping back and forth with Slash Dash and blasting enemies with Radial Javelin. I'm still looking for Focus to buff my damage though.

molnizzle

Big Dojo changes coming in the near future. I started some new Reactors on the far end past the research labs. Please contribute what you can.

It also wouldn't be a bad idea to make sure you have all the blueprints you want from the Energy and and Chem labs. Those will be demolished in the next few days and rebuilt in a different location (I know what you're thinking, and no, research is not lost -- you simply won't be able to buy any blueprints while the new labs are cooking). Bio Lab will stay in its current location until we finish up researching the Health Restores. Speaking of which, please donate any spare Mutegens you have to that!

koryuken

Hi guys,

So I am still in the noob camp and working on baking a Boltor weapon and a Rhino frame. My Excalibur is not maxed out yet and neither is my Braton. Should I max these out first before switching to Rhino and Boltor? Or should I start using the "better" stuff as soon as I get it?

HORRORSHØW

Hi guys,

So I am still in the noob camp and working on baking a Boltor weapon and a Rhino frame. My Excalibur is not maxed out yet and neither is my Braton. Should I max these out first before switching to Rhino and Boltor? Or should I start using the "better" stuff as soon as I get it?
Personally, I max my gear/frames before moving on, but if you're bored with what you have, move on. You can always come back to them to level them up. Switching over to Rhino to clear out the map may be a good idea so you can open up higher-level planets, which in turn will yield more experience for your frames and gear.

I'd like to understand progression a bit better because I'm pretty much stuck on Venus doing puny damage that can't even beat missions even with 3 others.

So I have no hope of getting new weapons because I'd need to get to higher level planets, but I read that I should be leveling my current weapons anyway for mastery. Then I figured out that mods are the thing to increase my firepower.

So I'm supposed to grind Mecury until I get good mods and higher affinity so I can progress?

molnizzle

I'd like to understand progression a bit better because I'm pretty much stuck on Venus doing puny damage that can't even beat missions even with 3 others.

So I have no hope of getting new weapons because I'd need to get to higher level planets, but I read that I should be leveling my current weapons anyway for mastery. Then I figured out that mods are the thing to increase my firepower.

So I'm supposed to grind Mecury until I get good mods and higher affinity so I can progress?

Excalibur, eh? Life woulda been easier had you picked Mag.

But yes, this is a grinding game. Even after 300 hours, I'm still just replaying the same missions over and over. What separates Warframe from, say, an MMO is that the gameplay is much more varied and involved than simply standing there and pressing the "1" key over and over again. It's still a grinding game, the grinding is just more entertaining.

Stick to Extermination, Spy, Deception and Rescue missions for the early going. Survival and Defense missions are a *lot* harder, especially for new players. Spy and Deception require a player carry the datamass in one hand which means the player who can best rely upon their secondary weapon should do the carrying. That one player can also carry ALL the datamasses on the level, so there's no need to share the burden.

And remember to level up your Mods by fusing them with duplicates or fusion cores. That's how you get your weapons to do more damage and provide more overall utility.

Just playing and using abilities will level up your warframe, which will increase your frame's power and survivability. And of course mods again, which means fusion. (more here)

You can make do with any warframe - you just need to do more missions to get your strength up and use those powers as often as you can. Slash Dash as your primary power attack and Radial Javelin to clear areas, and Radial Blind is a great power to use when reviving teammates or when taking on most bosses. Super jump is... uhh... yeah, its there too, for some reason.

Stick with it and you'll gain some toughness and some sweet mods, and in no time you'll return to these missions and lay waste at high speed, all while smiling a shit-eating grin. Guaranteed.

hyp

Are there build suggestions there? I have looked but knowing what polarity to change to is tough. I may feel te skill I want to add is good .... When it's not really. Right now I am just leveling things to 30.

I can share my latron prime builds if you're interested. it's fuckin beastly, frequent one shot kills all around for most mobs sub level 20. favorite weapon in the game for me.

I did forma it once and plan to do one more on it to add a V polarity on an open slot.

hyp

anyone know the best way to get serration without trading/buying it? the wiki says sargas ruk drops it but is there a better way?

I have a spare if you want it. PM me in-game next time you see me online.

I just get it from random survival/defense missions.

I'm trying to love Nyx, I really am.

The thing that is bothering me though is that during absorb you can get drained by the disruptors. Imo that's kinda shitty, after all you are sitting there unable to move at all.

Basically renders the skill useless once you get to high wave numbers on defence unless you want to risk the chance of being drained, especially if you have flow equipped as there is more to lose.

The thing that is bothering me though is that during absorb you can get drained by the disruptors. Imo that's kinda shitty, after all you are sitting there unable to move at all.

Basically renders the skill useless once you get to high wave numbers on defence unless you want to risk the chance of being drained, especially if you have flow equipped as there is more to lose.

Absorb seems pretty bad to be honest. I can never seem to do much damage with it.

molnizzle

On that topic, what keyboards are people using? Standard USB wired keyboards?

My wife gave me a Logitech Easy-Switch bluetooth keyboard for Christmas. I absolutely love it! It can stay paired with up to 3 devices at a time, switching instantly at the tap of a button. Backlit keys too. It's now my primary keyboard when I dock my MBA, but it gets most use on PS4. It recharges using micro-USB so whatever you're already using to charge your DS4 will work on it. Battery life seems excellent though, I've never had it actually die on me.

There's a Windows version too, if you're in to that sort of thing.

http://amzn.com/B0099SMFP2

MoonGred

What's the opinion on "reflex guard". From what I've read it seems to be ok, but only if you focus your build on it.

Also I've got massive mixed feelings about boltor. So far nothing has felt better than the Barton

HORRORSHØW

Absorb sucks. She's mainly used for utility, and that's where Mind Control and Chaos rules.

SnakeEyes

Banned
My wife gave me a Logitech Easy-Switch bluetooth keyboard for Christmas. I absolutely love it! It can stay paired with up to 3 devices at a time, switching instantly at the tap of a button. Backlit keys too. It's now my primary keyboard when I dock my MBA, but it gets most use on PS4. It recharges using micro-USB so whatever you're already using to charge your DS4 will work on it. Battery life seems excellent though, I've never had it actually die on me.

There's a Windows version too, if you're in to that sort of thing.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0099SMFP2/?tag=neogaf0e-20
Yeah I know the one. I've also just read that the PS3 BT keypad works with PS4 as well so I might just have to give that a go later on tonight. Would certainly help with inviting randoms to games.

SnakeEyes

Banned
What's the opinion on "reflex guard". From what I've read it seems to be ok, but only if you focus your build on it.

Also I've got massive mixed feelings about boltor. So far nothing has felt better than the Barton
The Boltor is a great gun... until you get the Soma.

Then it's Soma for life.

hyp

The Boltor is a great gun... until you get the Soma.

Then it's Soma for life.

Really want the Soma but my Rank 5 wouldn't be able to use it. Need to clear out more of the star map and level up some frames. So much shit to do in this game. It's a damn side job at this point, albeit a fun one!

hyp

Is that the mod that automatically spins your melee weapon to shield from bullets? If so, I HATE that with a passion. So many times it screwed up my flow in battle.

I hate the soma :/ the initial wind up does my head in, plus it totally eats through bullets!

I agree though that DPS wise it's fantastic, just not my cup of tea :(

wind up time? when built right 1 or 2 bullets destroys most enemies maybe a few more bullets for higher level enemies but that pretty much makes it a semi auto rifle and you should save ammo and if you still run out of ammo there is the ammo mutation mods but if you don't like then you don't like it i guess

hyp

wind up time? when built right 1 or 2 bullets destroys most enemies maybe a few more bullets for higher level enemies but that pretty much makes it a semi auto rifle and you should save ammo and if you still run out of ammo there is the ammo mutation mods but if you don't like then you don't like it i guess

mods mods mods, that's the name of the game y'all.

ParityBit

Ok so I think rather than forma items, I am going to just level them to 30 and drop potatoes on them. Assuming I like them. Same with frames, but they all get potatoes.

Yeah there's a small wind up to it, not massive but it's noticeable and it annoys me.

The Soma is a Tenno designed high caliber assault rifle with high accuracy and critical ratio. It uses an enormous magazine to sustain fire but must wind up briefly to achieve its maximum fire rate.

Also there's only really one way to mod this gun, and that's by taking advantage of its high crit(up to 75%-85% modded) and high crit damage(up to 840% modded) and utilising a build around that.

So I'm not saying the weapon is bad, it really isn't.

I've just not got it to a place yet where I enjoy using it. Personally I prefer the Ignis over it as things stand at this moment in time with my progression between both weapons.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I hate the soma :/ the initial wind up does my head in, plus it totally eats through bullets!

I agree though that DPS wise it's fantastic, just not my cup of tea :(
3 words: Rifle Ammo Mutation (even better when you're also running Nekros and using Desecrate). Coupled with other mods like Serration, Wildfire etc. and it absolutely annihilates most opponents.

The kicker however, is it's base 30% Crit Chance and 300% Crit Damage. You team that up with a Split Barrel and you are seriously pwning enemies.

Top Bottom