• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

NeOak

Ok, since i don't have the time to dedicate to the clan, molvetica has volunteered to take over. I've promoted him to Warlord so that makes him clan master. I'm still in the clan, but if there is a need for space, i can leave.

This should help the clan having a leadership that is present and playing the game.

Good luck guys, i'll lurk around.

molnizzle

Ok, since i don't have the time to dedicate to the clan, molvetica has volunteered to take over. I've promoted him to Warlord so that makes him clan master. I'm still in the clan, but if there is a need for space, i can leave.

This should help the clan having a leadership that is present and playing the game.

Snap, you must have done that right as I just logged off.

Time to get back in there and take care of some shit. =)

I guess now I have to farm Trinity. So many half Warframe builds sitting in my blueprints.

I need one more blueprint for the Dakar too, but 15 Orokin cells. Damn!

Edit: hey Mol, if you could update us on what the clan needs help with as far as resources I think that would help us all out. I'm willing to donate whatever I have but I'm not sure what is needed. The dojo is damned big now.

I will say this about sprinting - when the whole team is doing it, and firing on all cylinders its pretty damn amazing. That's when you get these really Warframe-ish scenes, of this motley squad of ninjas in their weird ass frames, sliding, wall running, and jump-kicking through the air, firing the whole time and popping off all their powers while still managing to loot everything.

Doing all of that at high speed while still sticking together is a rarity in public games (more often to see at a brisk jogging pace with a slide here and there) but amazing when it all works out.

Everytime the objective is done, usually everyone in my team sprints for the evacuation. It's always awesome. Everyone's firing at all sides hoping to hit an enemy, and sliding everywhere. It's almost like a race sometimes.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community

Thanks Neoak =)

Edgeward

Farming nuerodes sucks. Either i start the climb to oen up the sectors that offer it or farm the earth boss, either way shit takes a while and the marketplace only offers 1 for 10 plat. Fuck that

Armaros

Where is she at the moment, because the dual boss on Phobos is piss-easy so I may just wait until the change.

Everest on Earth.

The big issue that is there are three things that drop on Phobos once Trinity moves there. Miter parts, Twin Gremlins BP and then Trinity Parts.

HORRORSHØW

I have more plat than creds.

BdB2hJOCUAA3n0g.jpg:large

Gaz_RB

Farming nuerodes sucks. Either i start the climb to oen up the sectors that offer it or farm the earth boss, either way shit takes a while and the marketplace only offers 1 for 10 plat. Fuck that

It's funny because when I'm actively searching for neurodes, i can seriously never find them.

I haven't needed them in a while and I have like 15. It's sad.

RedAssedApe

Banned
may have to jump in on this. starting to lose interest in killzone because of how stupid people are in that game... :\

glanced at the op but haven't been actively following the thread. is there a warframe for dummies post in here somewhere you would recommend i look at before i jump in?

i've played once since ps4 na launch :)

qcf x2

I created an Ember, but I have no idea how to use her. Consequently, I'm dying a lot. I died quite a bit with Rhino until I got the shields up, but once I buffed rhino skin + stomp it was easy peezy lemon squeezy.

What do I do with Ember? I don't get the point of like, any of her abilities. I'm assuming she doesn't have bailout techniques.

hyp

may have to jump in on this. starting to lose interest in killzone because of how stupid people are in that game... :

glanced at the op but haven't been actively following the thread. is there a warframe for dummies post in here somewhere you would recommend i look at before i jump in?

i've played once since ps4 na launch :)

not necessarily for dummies but a primer nonetheless:
http://warframe.wikia.com/

Marv_79

Neo Member
Sorry if this question is in the wrong place but is it possible to use the DS4 controller when playing Warframe via remote play?

MoonGred

Can someone clarify some things regarding the whole prime business?
I've been reading a lot of stuff on how to obtain the Frost warframe. I keep reading about people saying "I miss the non prime look of Frost", does that mean that as soon as a prime version is available you can't get the original?

phierce

Can someone clarify some things regarding the whole prime business?
I've been reading a lot of stuff on how to obtain the Frost warframe. I keep reading about people saying "I miss the non prime look of Frost", does that mean that as soon as a prime version is available you can't get the original?
No. You can have both (ie: Mag and Mag Prime).

HORRORSHØW

So the only way to get platinum is money?

No other way to purchase other frames?

Edit: Oh I see you can craft frames. How does that work?
Farm specific bosses for specific frame parts: the helmet, the chassis, and systems. Each of those parts need to be built separately so you're going to have to farm for the required materials. You can buy the main blueprint from the market, which is needed to tie the disparate frame parts together.

atpbx

Can I join the clan when there is space if possible?

PSN is atpbx

It sounds like it's a decent active group of players so it would be nice to join in.

I created an Ember, but I have no idea how to use her. Consequently, I'm dying a lot. I died quite a bit with Rhino until I got the shields up, but once I buffed rhino skin + stomp it was easy peezy lemon squeezy.

What do I do with Ember? I don't get the point of like, any of her abilities. I'm assuming she doesn't have bailout techniques.

When Using my ember it's all about maximising WoF. She doesn't really start getting good till max level imo but when you get there she can toss out some serious damage.

Build her around energy regen, energy efficiency, power strength. The aim of the game is to kill things before they start to attack you as she is pretty squishy, so keeping up WoF is a priority. You could use Overheat which will negate up to 91% incoming damage recieved, however I don't tend to is this at all. WoF is the only ability I feel is worthwhile so my whole play style for this frame is built around that ability.

Soon overheat gets revamped and becomes accelerant in a later patch which will boost all fire damage by X%.

This is gonna be badass for a WoF oriented build.

As for weapon load out, I tend to switch it up between:

Primary - Ignis, Or Dread.

Secondary - Hikou, Kunai or Despair. (Mostly Despair)

Melee - Fang, dual Ichor, Dual Zoren or Galatine.

As for elemental damage, I run with one weapon with magnetic, one with gas, one with radiation or corrosion.

Dave1988

Quick question: Is there a gaf clan emblem yet?

EDIT: NM THATTTTTTT, just found out it takes 150 plats just to upload an emblem.

The GAF clan emblem missed the previous patch rollout (emblems have to be approved by DE first). It should become visible once the next patch rolls out.

molnizzle

I would like an invite if there's still space.
Psn: DarkCloud79

Invited.

Add me to clan If spot is available .. PSN same as here -- ixYi

Invited.

Can I join the clan when there is space if possible?

PSN is atpbx

It sounds like it's a decent active group of players so it would be nice to join in.

It looks like you're either already in a clan or you have another pending invite. You can only have one active clan invite at any given time (dumb, I know). Go and decline that invite and we'll get you added to NeoGAF.

For anyone else who needs an invite, please send a PM or -- better yet -- message me on PSN (my ID is molnizzle). Anyone who does that will be added to the list as well. I might catch it if you post your PSN ID in the thread, but I'd really prefer a PSN message.

of course sgt. nef does anal always drops gallium when i'm farming for morphics but now that i need gallium he is dropping nothing but morphics ugh

IMBored

Orokin Derelict missions. You can buy the various Derelict key blueprints from the marketplace to craft them.

I got invited to a OD once, with my lv10 excalibur it went horribly wrong. I actually have all the dragon key blueprints but never made them because corrupted mods seem like a bad deal.

ParityBit

Okay so now that I have a gist of the game .... How do I start doing real damage?

I am running with a rhino, dual vastros, strun (waiting for my flamethrower to cook) and my galatine. I have. It reset any of their levels or anything.

Should I? This part is confusing to me.

NeededSleep

Holy shit, got rank 7 last night finally. Got my Ogris and decided to try it with Nova on survival/defense missions.
Prime the entire zone and go to town!

OMG fucking amazing destruction everywhere!

Also was playing my recently made Frost, some asshole on a defense mission was bitching over the mic about how he doesnt want snow globe over the artifact. Then proceded to mouth breath the entire last 5 waves. We all left after, during the choice count down he goes off calling us pussies because we didnt want to continue. Really wish I spoke up and say it was because of him.

Either way, my soma will be done tonight :D.

Not sure if ill like it. I have a dura formaed and potatoed. I really love it.

molnizzle

I got invited to a OD once, with my lv10 excalibur it went horribly wrong. I actually have all the dragon key blueprints but never made them because corrupted mods seem like a bad deal.

Well, the Dragon Keys are something completely different. You can use those in OD missions to open the Orokin Vault, but Vault runs are definitely not the most efficient way to farm Mutegen. You should look up Orokin Vault, Dragon Key and Orokin Derelict on the Wiki.

Okay so now that I have a gist of the game .... How do I start doing real damage?

I am running with a rhino, dual vastros, strun (waiting for my flamethrower to cook) and my galatine. I have. It reset any of their levels or anything.

Mods, man. Mods. To do real damage you need the rare mods. That's why you'll hear people say that just about every weapon in this game can be made viable (not everything is "the best," but just about everything can work) with the right mods. At this point you're not really a noob anymore so you should probably be looking up what you need on the Wiki and researching specific builds you want to go for.

EekTheKat

RNG gods have yet again saw fit to award me with all the pieces of the Miter. Not sure if the thing is any good but it sounds like it has a lot of potential.

Nekros gone into the oven this morning (the parts were finished cooking at like 4:00am). I know I should be disappointed with how Nekros plays vs the other frames but I do see a lot of potential with desecrate and SOTD, especially since I picked up the equilibrium mod.

I recently bought the plans for the single shot sniper, I might give it a try with a full Hush mod for my solo stealth runs.

Still working on my corrupted mod farming, I might need to recruit some people to make it less of a pain due to how the dragon key system works (it's a 1 in 4 chance of getting the right door for the right key if you solo).

If you've reached level 30 with a weapon or frame, and you have the mods you want slotted into it but don't have enough mod power to max those mods out, then yeah, I'd consider polarizing/forma'ing/prestiging it.

If the item level 30 and has mod power to spare? Don't, as there's no need and it will probably serve you better to have that 30th level weapon around for some tougher alerts/defense/survival missions. I'd just look into picking up a new weapon or warframe.

EekTheKat

Totally forgot, since I can't find a definitive answer to this :

Is there an upper limit to the number of mods you can have in your inventory? I've tried cleaning out my inventory but always get a little nervous that I would accidentally sell or fuse one of the good rare mods I have.

Currently I have something like 2100 mods, with 1700 being duplicates according to the inventory screen.

One thing to keep in mind with mods is that they can't really overcome a deficiency in a weapon or frame.

If a weapon has a shit crit rate, you can't undo that because even a 200% boost to a 1% rate isn't much, unless that weapon has an incredible attack speed.

Likewise, I saw no point in putting the Steel Fiber armor boost mod on my Volt because the thing only has 10 base armor. Doubling that means diddly squat.

So the trick is determining what the strengths of your weapon or frame are, and accentuating those strengths with mods. Some mods are always going to help, like ones that add raw damage, or ones that add power or power efficiency to your warframe, but others will require some more thought.

Does your weapon have a decent critical chance or critical damage, attack speed considering? Maybe slot some mods to increase crit chance and crit damage. Does it have a decent status chance? If so, double down on that and consider multiple elemental damage effects like, say, magnetic + heat. Running out of ammo? Slot in ammo boosters, total ammo overall and/or extra shots per clip. Bow not firing fast enough? Slot in Speed Trigger and Fast Hands for faster charging and reloads.

It all comes down to the mods you have available, the particular qualities of the weapon and frame you want to buff, and what you can afford (in terms of fusion and mod capacity).

Of course, having a solid handle on Damage 2.0 and the various enemy weaknesses makes all the difference in the world.

Basically, Grineer are armor and flesh, Corpus are shields and flesh or robotic, and Infected are infected flesh. Each comes with their own strengths and weaknesses and when you know what you're going up against you can equip the right gear with the strongest attacks, tuned to fight them. Although keep in mind that DE keeps tweaking the damage system with each patch, and the PS4 hasn't seen all of these patches yet, so the wiki can sometimes be confusing here.

What I've been doing lately is seeking out particular weapons and frames to put into particular anti-grineer, anti-corpus, and anti-infected loadouts, along with some general purpose builds that are decent no matter what the circumstance. It makes for some fun goals and provides me a roadmap of sorts in terms of how I want to progress through the game.

molnizzle

Totally forgot, since I can't find a definitive answer to this :

Is there an upper limit to the number of mods you can have in your inventory? I've tried cleaning out my inventory but always get a little nervous that I would accidentally sell or fuse one of the good rare mods I have.

Currently I have something like 2100 mods, with 1700 being duplicates according to the inventory screen.

No limit, as far as I'm aware.

Sdoots

If there is a limit to mods, it's ludicrously high. There's a guy in the clan I'm in on PC with something like 20 pages of trash mods.

Also, grats to Molvetica on the promotion. You grew up so fast...

Sdoots

just a limit on patience, can't imagine having to scroll through 5000 mods.

You should have seen it when there wasn't any sorting options.

No, actually. You really shouldn't have. You are supremely blessed to have never encountered that mess. Fuck, that was awful.

Someone was asking earlier about the Miter, I've had some experience with it...

It's worthless unless you are charging every shot to capacity. You can still get some use out of just firing off a shot, but the appeal of that weapon is from cutting dudes up from a distance, and you aren't doing that if you aren't charging it up. From what I can tell, ROF mods don't seem to increase the charging speed, but I'd check the wiki to verify that is still accurate. Other than that, just drop the highest crit damage/rate mods, and the highest serration you have in there, to make sure that you only need one charged sawblade to take a dude out.

ParityBit

Mods, man. Mods. To do real damage you need the rare mods. That's why you'll hear people say that just about every weapon in this game can be made viable (not everything is "the best," but just about everything can work) with the right mods. At this point you're not really a noob anymore so you should probably be looking up what you need on the Wiki and researching specific builds you want to go for.

Are there build suggestions there? I have looked but knowing what polarity to change to is tough. I may feel te skill I want to add is good .... When it's not really. Right now I am just leveling things to 30.

Top Bottom