• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

molnizzle

Holy fucking shit, this is just too unreal.

1vwyZS7.jpg

molnizzle

Mag: ...Bullet Attractor is great for several boss fights but I don't seem to use it to often in horde stand offs; normal enemies. I'd rather just pop Crush.

I've come to learn that Mag's best ability is Shield Polarize (thanks Bitmap), assuming you're fighting Corpus. Which you should be, since that faction is Mag's bread and butter. Shield Polarize is one of the only (might be the only?) damage-dealing abilities in the game that actually scales with higher level enemies since its damage is based on the enemy's shields rather than a static number.

Rhino: My second frame. This is still my go to "gotta get the mission done" frame. Iron Skin is ridiculously overpowered, one of the few abilities that isn't short lived. You pop it and it stays up until you absorb X damage. Only costs 50 so it's easy to immediately recast it.

Yeah, Rhino is OP for soloing. He's also a great addition to any group thanks to Roar.

Nekro: ...Desecrate, arguable the frames star ability, needs to be tweaked. The corpses in the game disappear so damn fast you barely have time to get it off for a chance at additional loot. So after a big fight 85% of the corpses have already disappeared by the time you can breathe. I have yet to see an extra mod pop.

Desecrate is a bit wonky but it's not as bad as you're making it out to be. You pretty much have to spam it constantly, you can't just wait until a firefight is over. It's especially useful during Survival since you're basically doubling your chances to get life support backpacks. I've gotten many mods from it too. Also great for farming Mutegen.

Volt: ...I rarely find it useful in the midst of a fire fight.

Fuck Volt. lolz

Nova: ...Molecular Prime just devastates the enemy. Turns them all pink, they take 200% more damage and blow up triggering others to blow up when they die. Massive pink explosion of destruction.

Nova OP. Even though Molecular Prime doesn't insta-kill higher level enemies like it does with the lowbies, it's still invaluable thanks to the 200% debuff to movement speed and damage from all party members.

Trinity: Blessing is a good old heal everyone, make them invulnerable and get out of a tight spot ability but without UI health bars you have no idea when to pop it. Usually by the time someone says something its to late so i just pop it when I feel the heat. I rely on my spidey sense. The range can be a problem, hard to save people if they are too far away.

Blessing has infinite range. It doesn't matter where your allies are on the map, if you pop Blessing they are insta-healed and invincible.

Also:

Step 1.

Step 2.

Not that it really matters all that much. Pro Trinity's never let Blessing go down in the first place. ;-)

Vauban: ...Essentially this frame shines of any defense style mission or survival where you're holding an area to get that time counter as high as possible. Didn't find him much fun for fast moving missions.

Best crowd-control Warframe in the game! Bastille is just stupid useful.

Armaros

Yea I read that on the wiki, but doesn't it already level up as Rhino is leveling up?

Skill mods are upgraded just like every other mod in the game. You have to fuse things with them.

Ah shit. I had a spare Focus too, but I just fused it to get it upgraded.

Don't worry about it, I just play on the PS4 with my friends that dont play it on the computer. Still sucks that both of my accounts (PC and PS4) both don't have either mod ;(

Skill mods are upgraded just like every other mod in the game. You have to fuse things with them.

Don't worry about it, I just play on the PS4 with my friends that dont play it on the computer. Still sucks that both of my accounts (PC and PS4) both don't have either mod ;(

HA! No Wonder. It all makes sense now.

Eyerox

I

Trinity: Blessing is a good old heal everyone, make them invulnerable and get out of a tight spot ability but without UI health bars you have no idea when to pop it. Usually by the time someone says something its to late so i just pop it when I feel the heat. I rely on my spidey sense. The range can be a problem, hard to save people if they are too far away. The hidden super star is the Well of Life and Energy Vampire combo. Mostly used for boss fights, and not a whole hell of a lot of fun for those in your party. As I understand it, it goes like this. WoL buffs the target to 10 times their max health and any damage they take heals you. It essentially creates a huge health sponge. The heal part isn't what helps, we're focusing on the 10x health. So you cast this of the boss and now their health usually pops to 100% even if they were say at 50% (this confuses the hell out of your party). Then you wait and cast Energy Vampire, this does a percentage of damage based on the enemies max health (not current) and replenished your power with each pulse so you can cast it all again plus a Blessing if needed. So what you might say "his health is at 100%". Well hears the kicker. If you wait the right amount of time between casting WoL and Energy Vampire then WoL wears off but Energy Vampire is still ticking off on the calculation of that increased health percentage.Once that WoL wears off the enemies health drops back down to wear it was before, it doesn't heal them, its a temporary max boost but the EV keeps ticking away at these massive health hits. So the Trinity can destroy bosses but if you're playing with friends and like the action I doubt they'll like the fact they feel kinda useless. I'd much rather see Blessing revive fallen teammates or something.

You can turn on UI health bars for your party in options. There is no range on blessing. It heals everyone regardless of where they are.

What is the best loadout/damage type to deal with the Corpus? I never have issues with the grineer or the infestation but those damn corpus and their laser guns...

Kind of tired of recruiting randoms for my void key missions.
I'm still kinda newbie, but let me know if anyone would like to team up those missions during the 9-PM - 2AM EST hours.

HORRORSHØW

Kind of tired of recruiting randoms for my void key missions.
I'm still kinda newbie, but let me know if anyone would like to team up those missions during the 9-PM - 2AM EST hours.
Are you on WarframeGAF PSN chat? People in the clan usually just ask there before starting a void run to get people to party up.

Grimløck;95616325 said:
Are you on WarframeGAF PSN chat? People in the clan usually just ask there before starting a void run to get people to party up.

Nah, I had to delete the chat since I can't stand the constant notification.
(need to leave notification on since I help organize GAF BF4 games.)

AmyS

CNN article from early 2004 with details on Dark Sector from around the time real Xbox 2 / Xenon (Xbox 360) details were starting to leak.

http://money.cnn.com/2004/04/07/commentary/game_over/column_gaming/

Xbox 2 and PlayStation 3: A sneak peek
First official details should come in May, but see what the future holds now.
April 8, 2004

Confirmed details are still few and far between, but with developer kits in the field for Xbox 2 and Sony quietly talking with partners, a clearer picture of what we can expect for the next generation is beginning to emerge.

Keep in mind the earliest we'll see new game machines for the home is late 2005. Sony and Nintendo likely won't release theirs until late 2006. In that time, all features are subject to change and often do.

Most software publishers agree on the basics we'll see in the next round of consoles. They're expecting HDTV resolution out of the box and believe both Sony and Microsoft will include a broadband connection in their machines. In terms of raw power, major publishers are looking for at least a 10-fold increase over the current crop of machines.

UWGKfCn.jpg

Fortunately, we don't have to wait as long to get an idea of what sort of graphical quality to expect from the next generation machines. Canadian developer Digital Extremes has released a teaser-trailer for their upcoming game "Dark Sector." The footage shown in that teaser is real-time gameplay based on Digital Extreme's projected specs for the Xbox 2 and PS3. Company spokesperson Meridith Braun won't say which emulated console the teaser is running on, only that it represents "a next generation platform."

The trailer is actually a technology demo, showing what the engine is capable of, rather than gameplay footage. Its purpose is to attract publisher interest. But if it is, in fact, representative of what we can expect from the next generation, tomorrow's games will boast a graphical quality that's on par with the pre-rendered (non-interactive) cut-scenes in today's titles.

Digital Extremes first announced "Dark Sector" four years ago as a massively multiplayer online action game that would use Epic Games' "Unreal Tournament" engine. The developer later changed its mind, though, changing the focus of the game, removing the MMO elements and, beginning in January 2003, creating its own game engine (dubbed "The Sector Engine").

Mrcapcom

Everyone lawd Mag Mag Mag and I finally got around to it and got all my MAG Prime Pieces so my first Prime Frame will be Mag Shes in the Oven!. Forget Frost Since I just got the regular one for now :-D

Watch out Corpus!

Next I need Volt and Ember Prime.

AmyS

After ten years, I cannot believe I'm playing the original Dark Sector,,,,er Warframe.

Now what the fuck happened to those other two early, last-generation HD era games that never came out (??) Digi-guys' WarDevil and Climax Studio's Project Avalon ?

After ten years, I cannot believe I'm playing the original Dark Sector,,,,er Warframe.

Now what the fuck happened to those other two early, last-generation HD era games that never came out (??) Digi-guys' WarDevil and Climax Studio's Project Avalon ?

Did war devil ever exist really?

AmyS

Did war devil ever exist really?

As a game? I don't know, I highly doubt it.

I was actually wondering more if Project Avalon ever really existed.
Yeah I guess it did, Unseen64 has images (Google cache)

http://tinyurl.com/pk88p6o

Anyway Gamespot has a metric ton of Dark Sector shots, with these being the first two I remember so well:

eP9yE9T.jpg

Bv9jPEk.jpg

http://www.gamespot.com/dark-sector/images/

EDIT: WarDevil

fhFCevh.jpg

vHo6ktU.jpg

LISexMZ.jpg

QuQ9xHk.jpg

QDCpUHT.jpg

tbzkQ9y.jpg

more:http://tinyurl.com/nbm4aht

Didn't mean to stray so far off topic, but finding out that Warframe is based on the original Dark Sector concept had me reeling. Started to remember the other early 'next gen' game concepts intended for last gen HD consoles

SnakeEyes

Banned
Grimløck;95578771 said:
Did you, by chance, sacrifice a baby goat to the RNG gods?

No, but I figured it was my time to shine, considering T2 and T3 Ext are being prudes and not giving up that Frost Prime Systems... ~_~

*finish T1 survival, get Paris Prime lower limb*
Me: Huh, looks like I only need the upper limb for PP.
Friend: I've got a T1 exterminate, might as well do that and level some weapons.
*finish T1 exterminate, get Paris Prime upper limb*
Me: Well that was convenient.

Ash, Frost Prime, Nekros, Valkyr and Paris Prime are cooking. I need an industrial-size oven.

SilentFlyer

*finish T1 survival, get Paris Prime lower limb*
Me: Huh, looks like I only need the upper limb for PP.
Friend: I've got a T1 exterminate, might as well do that and level some weapons.
*finish T1 exterminate, get Paris Prime upper limb*
Me: Well that was convenient.

Ash, Frost Prime, Nekros, Valkyr and Paris Prime are cooking. I need an industrial-size oven.

How the hell you guys got so much stuff. I just reached Mastery Rank 2 and got Rhino blueprints in 3 runs along with Trinity blueprint. Completed Mercury and Venus. Have been playing with default weapons and frame. Am I missing something?

molnizzle

How the hell you guys got so much stuff. I just reached Mastery Rank 2 and got Rhino blueprints in 3 runs along with Trinity blueprint. Completed Mercury and Venus. Have been playing with default weapons and frame. Am I missing something?

Void Towers have different loot rewards. Bosses drop Warframe pieces, each boss giving a different frame.

Think I just had the worst match yet just now.

I was doing one of those "hack the system and defend it" missions. I was the guy carrying the key around so I was usually ahead so I can put the key in the system. My whole team everytime was far back from me, fighting every single enemy on the map. Who does that!? So I waited about a minute for them and seeing that they didn't arrive yet. I put in the key and defended the spot myself, until my team decided to help in the last few seconds (while I was on borderline death half the time).

So I grab the key and go to put it in the next system, and guess what... they're back at the other system fighting every enemy AGAIN!! I put in the key and it appears on my screen that 2 of my teammates are bleeding out back at the other system. I was really mad so I left them back there to die, while the one teammate who was with me (at least he was somewhat a team player) went back for them and ended up dying in the process.

This was when the needle hit the fan. I start to bleed out myself while defending, and one of my teammates revive themselves. Instead of coming to help me, he runs around the area around me killing more enemies. He literally ignored me to fight the 3 enemies on the screen. The 3 enemies, that weren't even special enemies! I was behind a staircase and box that no one could even shoot us from. I died with no more revives, so I quit the match. I was so p'd off that I was even about to type "are u guys serious!?" and a few other things. Glad I don't know how to text chat yet.

I don't usually get mad during online games, because everyone makes mistakes. That... that was just completely unacceptable teamwork.

Worst match yet :(

Knew about the bosses droping pieces but not Void keys. Just noticed I have three keys in total. Tried one but couldn't get to the last level.

The Void is my favorite place in the game. It's bright and spacey, gives good credit (and other) rewards and has the awesome secret treasure rooms. Sure, they're not secret once you've seen them once, but it's still fun to check all the exits and find a room with some goodies. And my pulse always starts pounding when I find one of the big obstacle course treasure rooms and the music starts playing.

Think I just had the worst match yet just now.

I was doing one of those "hack the system and defend it" missions. I was the guy carrying the key around so I was usually ahead so I can put the key in the system. My whole team everytime was far back from me, fighting every single enemy on the map. Who does that!? So I waited about a minute for them and seeing that they didn't arrive yet. I put in the key and defended the spot myself, until my team decided to help in the last few seconds (while I was on borderline death half the time).

So I grab the key and go to put it in the next system, and guess what... they're back at the other system fighting every enemy AGAIN!! I put in the key and it appears on my screen that 2 of my teammates are bleeding out back at the other system. I was really mad so I left them back there to die, while the one teammate who was with me (at least he was somewhat a team player) went back for them and ended up dying in the process.

Worst match yet :(
Don't strike out so far ahead of your team. How about moving through the level *with* them and taking down those enemies rather than sprinting ahead? When the enemies have been cleared and containers opened the whole team can and will move up together.

I've seen exactly what you're talking about happen quite a bit, and when I see this happen I'll usually let the lone player who sprinted ahead die off if they get dropped. OK, I'll probably save them if I can, but no more than once, and I certainly won't mind if I couldn't reach them in time. Its karmic really.

Stick with your whole group. By sprinting ahead and rushing past enemies and not taking down cameras you're just leaving those hazards for the players behind you to deal with, who will all have different playtimes and capabilities so it won't be clear cut whats simple or hard for them to deal with.

Don't strike out so far ahead of your team. How about moving through the level *with* them and taking down those enemies rather than sprinting ahead? When the enemies have been cleared and containers opened the whole team can and will move up together.

I've seen exactly what you're talking about happen quite a bit, and when I see this happen I'll usually let the lone player who sprinted ahead die off if they get dropped. OK, I'll probably save them if I can, but no more than once, and I certainly won't mind if I couldn't reach them in time. Its karmic really.

Stick with your whole group. By sprinting ahead and rushing past enemies and not taking down cameras you're just leaving those hazards for the players behind you to deal with, who will all have different playtimes and capabilities so it won't be clear cut whats simple or hard for them to deal with.

I always stick with my team in other missions and fight with them. On the key missions, I'm usually always the unlucky one to carry the key. So I like to take out what's in front me and move forward. I don't usually stick around and kill everything since I'm only armed with a pistol (also I run out of bullets and end up being a walking target).

While I probably should have stuck with them, there was just way too many enemies to be taking out one by one. Especially at the first system hack. That area was flooded so we should have moved on for safety to the next system. Seeing my 3 teammates die back there probably showed that it wasn't a good idea to fight every single enemy.

Sometimes it's better to flight then fight.

While I probably should have stuck with them, there was just way too many enemies to be taking out one by one. Especially at the first system hack. That area was flooded so we should have moved on for safety to the next system. Seeing my 3 teammates die back there probably showed that it wasn't a good idea to fight every single enemy.
What I've seen more often than not, and successfully too, is a team that moves quickly, but takes everything down on their way to the objective. I call it the scrubbing bubbles, because the team stays almost in perfect motion, moving, taking down enemies, focusing fire on tougher opponents, and still managing to open containers and raid lockers for resources and resupply. Its like a hurricane of blades and bullets and explosions moving through each area leaving only devastation in its wake.

It also makes it easier to prepare for defending the console when the area has already been cleared. People can drop ammo / health / energy replenishment items, or just stake out a section of the area to defend. Once the hack is completed the waves of enemies stop so its just a matter of clearing the room of remaining enemies before moving to the next hack.

If you try this out you may find you live longer, and get better XP and resources overall. Kills made in proximity to other players net you that affinity as well.

ParityBit

Hope so.

By the way, thanks for helping me with those last 3 missions, I now have finished the starmap.

All missions done!

Anytime! And congrats! I have a blizzard roaring outside, and I am wicked sick with a cold. Leaving my wife alone with the newborn. Trying to avoid getting them sick!

molnizzle

Yeah, this.

I'm a "sprint ahead" type of player myself, but I'm now geared to the point that I can handle most every mission solo and am at no risk of dying. If I'm in a tough mission that I can't handle alone, I stick with the team. Frustrating as it may be sometimes, it's the smartest way to go about it.

Besides, XP. I'm always leveling something. If your team wants to dick around and kill everything then just hang with them and leech dat affinity.

Solo'd my first T2 void mission today. It was tough, and the whole place was way too yellow. Looked like yellow fog. Wonder if it's my game settings. Some of the levels look.....weird.

I'm a "sprint ahead" type of player myself, but I'm now geared to the point that I can handle most every mission solo and am at no risk of dying. If I'm in a tough mission that I can't handle alone, I stick with the team. Frustrating as it may be sometimes, it's the smartest way to go about it.
I will say this about sprinting - when the whole team is doing it, and firing on all cylinders its pretty damn amazing. That's when you get these really Warframe-ish scenes, of this motley squad of ninjas in their weird ass frames, sliding, wall running, and jump-kicking through the air, firing the whole time and popping off all their powers while still managing to loot everything.

Doing all of that at high speed while still sticking together is a rarity in public games (more often to see at a brisk jogging pace with a slide here and there) but amazing when it all works out.

EekTheKat

Nekros get - took a while to farm parts because of how everything is locked behind keys. Should be done by Monday I think.

I think I have most of the basic frames done now, though I have no clue where Oberon is currently. My bread and butter team is still Trinity and Nova though.

Next step : Farming corrupted mods ( need a Fleeting Expertise). Got a Blind Rage for the first time last night and it was comical how fast things died.

ok wtf i got the gorgon in the login reward took me an hour to get the resources needed and now i can't fucking build it the game will not let me and i am getting really annoyed

ok wtf i got the gorgon in the login reward took me an hour to get the resources needed and now i can't fucking build it the game will not let me and i am getting really annoyed
You'll be able to craft it when you reach rank 3.

You're right that it should tell you though. I had the same problem.

Top Bottom