• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine |OT| No mercy. No retreat. No remorse.

Corto

Dina said:
What the fuck is up with the part where you stand on top of the Titans?

I can shoot one wizard down to the executable state, but none of the guns can take him down. The titan moving around sure as shit isn't helping, so I can't use my stalker or lascannon.

And then comes the flyer and I die.

Lascannon is what you need try to get them fast as they appear and if you have the Fury meter full use it to slow time. Then throw everything you got to the flyer it eventually will die. The very first 2-3 times I died without even firing a shot as I was frantically trying to find the damn exit.

Salazar

Anilusion said:
cdkeyshere worked fine. $25, downloading the game now!

Bolter: best gun.

Don't let any fools tell you otherwise. It might not always be able to do the trick, but it feels rock and roll and you get to use it a whole bunch.

At least now we have a ready excuse if the game bombs in the next NPD report:

Everybody who bought the game, bought it through cdkeyshere or similar :O

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Anilusion said:
Bulletstorm was... good?

sogoode7y4.gif

Salazar said:
Bolter: best gun.

Don't let any fools tell you otherwise. It might not always be able to do the trick, but it feels rock and roll and you get to use it a whole bunch.

Interesting. I mean, they all sound utterly terrific...a tungsten and cordite chorus to reverberate through the ages, but in the demo, I simply cannot get enough of the Stalker bolter. That thumping "CHOOM" and the inevitable greenskin cranial pulping...doesn't get much better, for me at least.

Bernbaum

About halfway through.

Amazing game. Been decades since I've given a shit about anything Games Workshop, but boy did they nail the atmosphere, setting, and feeling of being an Ultramarine.

It looks like a lot of other games but plays like nothing else.

Dina

Corto said:
Lascannon is what you need try to get them fast as they appear and if you have the Fury meter full use it to slow time. Then throw everything you got to the flyer it eventually will die. The very first 2-3 times I died without even firing a shot as I was frantically trying to find the damn exit.

Yeah that worked wonders. I still missed half my Lascannon shots, but it got the job done regardless ;)

Ok twice, point blank shot with a melta doesn't kill some one. How does that happen? I am pretty sure I never survived a shot from a melta. Why am I still playing this game, whats wrong with me.

Narag

All three classes feel so good in MP. Funny as hell to dig in as a devastator and let loose.

Lostconfused said:
Ok twice, point blank shot with a melta doesn't kill some one. How does that happen? I am pretty sure I never survived a shot from a melta. Why am I still playing this game, whats wrong with me.

I assume it's two melta shots to take someone down from full armor/health. At least that's what I encountered last night. Is there a proficiency perk that might increase the damage?

derFeef

daedalius said:
I thought Bulletstorm was great fun, I loved the art direction too ;)

Up to level 34 in multiplayer, 734 kills; good stuff.
Oh wow, I might jump in a bit later, depending on if matchmaking works on PC yet.

Narag

derFeef said:
Oh wow, I might jump in a bit later, depending on if matchmaking works on PC yet.

It was working fine for me last night. Sure there'd be a spread in displayed levels but that's always been the case in any matchmaking MP game I've played regardless of genre. Hidden ELO or something for this?

THuynh said:
Anybody play through the demo and not like this, but played the game anyway and started liking it? I love 40k, but was turned off by the demo. Should I give the retail game a shot?

The demo turned me off on the first playthrough, but after seeing MP videos and watching the giant bomb quick look, i tried the demo again and was sold.

Dina

Aaand done. Really cool game and I didn't think the combat got stale at all.

Although I did expect a powersword or powerfist to make its appearance at some point.

Narag

One nice touch I appreciate is how you can work on the challenges with stolen loadouts long before you've even unlocked a particular weapon.

edit: nvm!

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
I can't stand quitting multiplayer matches most of the time, but just had a glitch on 360 that made me quit.

Playing Seize Ground and the resource counters were frozen. 10 minutes into the game and they hadn't moved an inch since I had gotten in there. Think

Besides that, my multiplayer experience has been pretty bug free outside of a weird bug where matchmaking wants to stick me in annihilation when I chose seize ground and vice versa. Seems like 360 is the least buggy multiplayer of the three platforms :p

Narag said:
I assume it's two melta shots to take someone down from full armor/health. At least that's what I encountered last night. Is there a proficiency perk that might increase the damage?
Its definitely one shot if its point blank and the whole of the blast hits.

R2D4

Banned
What's the slow down all about? Does that happen when you sprint too much? It's in single and multiplayer. Everything just goes into slow motion some times.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The_Technomancer said:
Interesting to contrast the glowing impressions in here with the average review scores.
I imagine a lot of the people in here are 40k buffs.

I liked it alright. At the very least, it's a direction they could take the 40k video games in. Of the big three released this week though, I kind of think it's the weakest.

Dennis

Banned
I am still not sure about this game.

I am a 40K fan and impressions here are good but I fear that it is to simple and samey to warrant a purchase at full price.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
zoner said:

I liked it alright. At the very least, it's a direction they could take the 40k video games in. Of the big three released this week though, I kind of think it's the weakest.
What else releases this week? My brain is short-circuiting.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
DennisK4 said:
I am still not sure about this game.

I am a 40K fan and impressions here are good but I fear that it is to simple and samey to warrant a purchase at full price.

It costs like US$25 if you get it off a key website.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
mxgt said:
Higher levels are just destroying me as a level 4
KuGsj.gif
Why isn't the game matching high level players with other high level players?

Xevren

Meltagun isn't a 1 hit kill against Dev's with the Iron Halo perk, I found that one out the hard way last night. So long as you're close enough you can kill everyone else if you get a good shot with 1 though.

Mrbob

zoner said:

I think you are being a bit unfair. Jeff from Giantbomb isn't a 40K guy. Neither is Garnett on Weekend Confirmed. Both of them are enjoying the game. My experience with 40K is purely within the Dawn of War games and now this one.

There really isn't anything like Space Marine which merges range and melee combat together in such a great fashion.

Malo

Banned
zoner said:

I'm not a 40k buff at all and know nothing about the lore. I just beat the campaign and it was awesome. The combat was satisfying and it never got dull. I'd recommend this game to anyone.

Chapter 17 Spoiler
This was so boss, from using the godly combo of the jump pack and the thunder hammer, to the boss fight. I liked it even though it was QTE's

AEREC

I enjoyed the demo quite a bit...but Im actually a little underwhelmed by the main game. I guess the demo was fine because it was a small sample but the main game (so far Im in chapter 8) is pretty much the demo over and over again in somewhat bland environments.

I dont regret getting the game but it does feel a little barebones...Ive tried the MP a bit and wasnt too excited about it as I go my ass kicked but I will stick with it as I know a lot of MP games tend to open up more the more you play them.

Boogdud

Vilix said:
Why isn't the game matching high level players with other high level players?

because you said "matching". This game has no matchmaking. It takes literally the first random 16 people it can find that clicked the "seize ground" or "annihilation" and then puts them together. Then it takes those 16 people and puts their name in a hat and randomly picks one to be the host. Doesn't matter where he is or how good his connection is.

This combined with 2 very basic gametypes and 5 similar maps ensures a long long future for space marine online...

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
So ... my matchmaking is actually getting worse. I thought that perhaps my buddies with connection troubles were partly to blame for some of their waiting times/lag issues.. but last night and now today (and i'm talking LATE last night.. when i can normally connect to a match in less than a minute) the wait was well over 20-25 minutes.

Wat in tha fuck. I seen that update on the last page of Relic saying they're hoping they isoloted the issue and are working a patch to push out at this point... anyone have a link to that thread so i can follow it today while i'm at work ... and join in the screaming chorus since i'm already there?

Boogdud

Aside from my whinging about the terrible matchmaking in the multiplayer, I have to hand it to Relic, the single player in this game has nailed the 40k atmosphere like no other. Some of the set pieces (even though they're all on the same forge world) are just jaw-dropping for a 40k fan. There were several times I just panned around over and over standing there gawking at the art. So well done.

nexen

weekendCONFIRMED said:
http://cdkeyshere.com/warhammer-40000-space-marine-cd-key.html

It's no doubt a Russian key, but since the game is region free (unlike Dead Island) you should have no problem. I bought The Witcher 2 off the site (also Region Free) and got my key within a few hours and activated just fine.
So, um, this site is a bit sketchy. You guys have used this and had no troubles? Didn't have your CC details stolen later down the road or anything?

Top Bottom