• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine |OT| No mercy. No retreat. No remorse.

Screaming_Gremlin said:
Surprisingly I have only had one or two laggy games so far on the PC, which actually sort of amazes me. On the other hand, this stupid game refuses to recognize my mic on my headset. It works perfectly fine on the voice page in the Steam options, but in game it is like I don't even have it plugged in.

this is my exact experience, I've had a few laggy matches, but most are fine. My mic works in every other application except for this game.

Tokubetsu

MrCompletely said:
this is my exact experience, I've had a few laggy matches, but most are fine. My mic works in every other application except for this game.

Same, encountering very little to no lag right now

Dizzy-4U

Wow, v-sync is kinda busted, isn't it? I was getting framdrops and slowdowns like crazy with that turned on. I turned it off and it's silk smooth now. Strangely enough, I'm not seeing any screen tearing.

Salsa

Dizzy-4U said:
Wow, v-sync is kinda busted, isn't it? I was getting framdrops and slowdowns like crazy with that turned on. I turned it off and it's silk smooth now. Strangely enough, I'm not seeying any screen tearing.

weird, works fine for me, actually im even impressed that i get no input lag with the mouse whatsoever while using vsync. Seems to be the case in most games.

Ok, I've hit 25 and the multiplayer grind is starting to wear on me.

The game really needs more maps, cause playing through same 4 or 5 gets really tiresome, especially when they all look the same.

The single-player took place on a forge-world, so I understand the singular, industrial look for the world. No reason they couldn't have made some cool hive worlds, Ork cities or Necron temples, or Chaos freighters for the multiplayer though. :(

kamspy

I've been watching the last 800MB crawl down from Steam at a blistering 321.9 KB/s for almost an hour.

Feels long man. :|

Duffyside

Banned
The Antitype said:
Ok, I've hit 25 and the multiplayer grind is starting to wear on me.

The game really needs more maps, cause playing through same 4 or 5 gets really tiresome, especially when they all look the same.

The single-player took place on a forge-world, so I understand the singular, industrial look for the world. No reason they couldn't have made some cool hive worlds, Ork cities or Necron temples, or Chaos freighters for the multiplayer though. :(
Oh, that's unfortunate. I haven't played the multiplayer yet, but those sound like complaints that would bug me.

Honestly, I'm a bit tired of the campaign's look too. I really dislike brown brown brown.

Salazar

kamspy said:
Feels long man. :|

That counts as a decent rate for me. Going to push through the campaign tonight and tomorrow and then start replaying the fuck-awesome sections.

Of which there are a few. MP might be shady for you guys, but this SP - though short - is fucking sweet.

LowParry

Man. When MP is lag free, the games are godly. And it makes the Assault class so much fun. SP I'm really enjoying. Chapter 5 or 6. I don't mind the brown/red/green effect of what I see. The combat and story keeps me hooked. Plus I've always enjoyed Relic games. I certainly hope they do a Space Marine 2 in the future. The Necrons are due for their return. If not, bring them in Dawn of War 3 at least.

Salazar

Uriah said:
In multiplayer, my computer has blue screened twice, and crashed once.

Their senior MP programmer hasn't been tweeting, so I guess the dude is busy.

If their online is still fucked when they push out co-op, it will be fucking absurd.

Update!

Matchmaking on PS3:
Our team has isolated the issue and has a patch in with our QA team to verify the matchmaking issue is resolved. Again we are working as fast as we can to resolve the problem. Keep in mind you are still able to join matchmaking games in the meantime, but the wait times can exceed over 35minutes.

lolwtf

Ken

Pylon_Trooper said:
If the netcode issues continue, hopefully Relic pull a Splash Damage and offer up a little free something-something after Exterminatus.

Regardless of whether or not they give us something for the MP issues, I'm still happy with my purchase thanks to the single player, unlike with Brink.

Xevren

Where are all the lag issues happening? I've only had maybe 1 or 2 laggy games on the 360. I do enjoy the multiplayer, but I just don't see it having a lot of staying power. Only 2 game modes and a small hand full of maps just isn't going to be enough.

Reclaimer

About mid way through the single player. Loving it!

Great attention to detail in both the feeling of raw power and tightly designed mechanics and controls.

I'm conducting a symphony of gore and chaos.

(someone make me a Warmachine game like this!)

I have this game on 360 and loving it. Multi-player seems to be working great on the 360. I play this morning after work and able to find plenty of match. I really suck at this game but loving every seconds of it.

Also, no one on my friend list have this game. : <

Salazar

Xevren said:
Only 2 game modes and a small hand full of maps just isn't going to be enough.

Fuck knows what THQ were/are thinking. You can have all the amazing plans for DLC that you want, but you can't tell people that the good stuff is in the future — who knows how far away, or how functional on release — and expect enough of them to grin and suck it up.

They had better fix shit before the co-op mode drops, and if the co-op is fucked as well, then I just dunno.

Fjordson

Finished the campaign. Freaking loved it, except for a certain sequence near th last boss. Ugh wanted to throw my controller through my TV after dying at least half a dozen times.

Saikyuen

Neo Member
Still have not been able to get into multiplayer. Ps3 freezes after 1-3min before I can get into a match. Have kept me busy with the campaign. So far I have really enjoyed it, even though its not the prettiest game in the world :)

Salazar said:
Fuck knows what THQ were/are thinking. You can have all the amazing plans for DLC that you want, but you can't tell people that the good stuff is in the future — who knows how far away, or how functional on release — and expect enough of them to grin and suck it up.

They had better fix shit before the co-op mode drops, and if the co-op is fucked as well, then I just dunno.

There is nothing more gratifying that wild goose chases that end in colossal brick walls!

Xevren

Met up with a group of people and played with them for 3-4 hours. Pretty much everyone was tactical with teleport homer, felt like a roaming death squad. So much fun playing with some smart people.

Orgun

Are there ports that need to be opened or something? Thought i'd try multiplayer to record some gameplay but I get stuck in the matchmaking screen (fuck matchmaking) with 40 games found.

Salazar

Post your kill count.

I am 2,335. Still not done with first campaign run. Planning to go back and meat-grind respawning orks.

derFeef

Pylon_Trooper said:
Outside of crowd favourite, the Hammer, what're folks' preferred melee weapon?
I prefer every weapon to the hammer except in those sections that were made for it. Only being able to use onehanded weapons is crippling in the later parts.

Axe it is.

After finishing campaign on hard: Killcount 2,368.
I guess I should have exploited the Weirdboy a bit more :)

Salazar said:
Axe.

Still need those lightning claws, though.

Started on painting the fuckton of Cadian shock-fodder I have lying around.

Click for a Mola Ram-looking motherfucker who still needs a lot of work.

http://www.abload.de/img/img_0797qoox.jpg

Awesome!

I just remembered what Space Marine channels for me...the only other game to offer such heft, Shadow of Rome. Crushing someone's head with an oversized mace has only been bested by Space Marine, so many years later.

Good to see the greenskin counter ticking over!

Salazar

Darklord said:
Just finished the game Great stuff. I guess by that ending, a sequel is expected.

Yeah, my brother came over and had a go tonight. I giggled like hell when he got to the jump-pack+hammer section. It's a joyous experience even watching someone else wreck shit.

THuynh

Neo Member
Anybody play through the demo and not like this, but played the game anyway and started liking it? I love 40k, but was turned off by the demo. Should I give the retail game a shot?

Jube3

El'Kharn said:
Drooling over the Storm bolter/melta gun combo in MP.......suck melta assault noobs :D

This, nothing better than rolling back from jump happy Mace wielders and slamming them down haha. Melta gun is my favorite weapon so far. It only works really close but man packs such a punch, have you picked up the reload perk for it El'kharn?

derFeef

THuynh said:
Anybody play through the demo and not like this, but played the game anyway and started liking it? I love 40k, but was turned off by the demo. Should I give the retail game a shot?
Depends on what you did not like about it. The Demo gives a GREAT illustration of the full game, though. Even the jumpack + hammer section was not fun?

El'Kharn

Jube3 said:
This, nothing better than rolling back from jump happy Mace wielders and slamming them down haha. Melta gun is my favorite weapon so far. It only works really close but man packs such a punch, have you picked up the reload perk for it El'kharn?

Omg the reload perk for the win lol.
Am having a riot with this game....I just got a triple kill, 3 assault dudes jumped in on a devastator who was guarding a point with me, i rolled right behind one of them and got all 3 with one awesome blast, sooo much win in this game!

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Power axe has great animations and attacks, but nothing sounds as good as a chainsword execution. I love how revved up and angry it sounds while you're slamming it into an ork's gut.

Dina

What the fuck is up with the part where you stand on top of the Titans?

I can shoot one wizard down to the executable state, but none of the guns can take him down. The titan moving around sure as shit isn't helping, so I can't use my stalker or lascannon.

And then comes the flyer and I die.

hiverbon

Neo Member
Dina said:
What the fuck is up with the part where you stand on top of the Titans?

I can shoot one wizard down to the executable state, but none of the guns can take him down. The titan moving around sure as shit isn't helping, so I can't use my stalker or lascannon.

And then comes the flyer and I die.

I took them both down with lascannon fairly easily, double shot to the face each.

So, has anyone figured out if there's a cooldown timer for the jump pack anywhere in MP? I understand the balance reasons for not wanting players to always be jumping around, but it's not clear to me when I can and cannot use my jump. I end up just hopping around like an idiot when I want to jump away. Any HUD indicators I'm missing?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Between this, Bulletstorm and Vanquish, it's been a fine generation of top tier action games.

Top Bottom