• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhammer Online, The Official Thread of Destruction vs Order

Kinitari said:
Mmm, well like I said, she doesn't particularly hate it, but she leans heavily on the PvE side of things. I'll ask her when she gets home if it's something she'd be interested in~.

And from those who've played so far... Is this game completely devoid of tanks and healers? Because I generally do not like to play a tank or a healer, but I will if I have to - I'd rather not be pure dps if it means I'm not going to get into any parties ever. But if it isn't necessary, I was looking at the White Lion class - any good?

Right now the races are well balanced. White Lions are one of the lesser played classes, and on Order the only class I would actively avoid is the Bright Wizard. They are severely overpopulated.

JoeMartin said:
I was being (marginally) serious. I post scoreboards all the time. Fuck the haters. This thread is for talking about the game and smacking destruction around, right?

Buddy please, I can make Order lick the greasy taint of my Bolstered newb teammates with my Shaman. Any other class is fucking inferior, fact.

grate

Kinitari said:
Mmm, well like I said, she doesn't particularly hate it, but she leans heavily on the PvE side of things. I'll ask her when she gets home if it's something she'd be interested in~.

For what its worth, my wife typically prefers the PVE side of things in WoW as well.
However, playing in a structured group in the PVP scenarios as a healer, she's found the RVR in WAR to be fun... especially when winning a scenario in about 9-10 minutes = 5000-7000XP plus an additional 2000XP from repeatable quests. Shes leveling alot faster from RVR scenarios than she would be through PVE questing at this point in time, and is actually starting to enjoy this type of play.

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
Kinitari said:

And from those who've played so far... Is this game completely devoid of tanks and healers? Because I generally do not like to play a tank or a healer, but I will if I have to - I'd rather not be pure dps if it means I'm not going to get into any parties ever. But if it isn't necessary, I was looking at the White Lion class - any good?

There's plenty of PVE to do, dont worry about it, even though pvp was the major focus for warhammer, you NEED peoples to PVE to help the pvp players advance and vice versa (pvp guys will unlock pve dungeons on the opposing capital city, etc).

Here's an example of pve, lair heroes, check their 2nd boss and how they got there, pretty cool :D

http://www.warhammermovies.com/stream.php?id=343&stream=Filefront&h=eff07449b30008d7433e24866f7bd93a

3-man double dragon tanking!

http://www.warhammermovies.com/stream.php?id=199&stream=Filefront&h=ffcb289f68da89deed9711618c0b9d20

Guy exploring a dwarven tunnel thinking its a dungeon, but its a pve like warcamp deep underground

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KGAUN8IaK0

some multiple pve dungeons footage (really nice)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES7nrmpEOKM

JoeMartin

Son of Godzilla said:
Buddy please, I can make Order lick the greasy taint of my Bolstered newb teammates with my Shaman. Any other class is fucking inferior, fact.

And boy does that taint taste good after I've cooked it once or twice after tossing some fire into that ass.

eznark

Banned
Originally Posted by Son of Godzilla:

And boy does that taint taste good after I've cooked it once or twice after tossing some fire into that ass.

i don't think i want to play this game anymore

Ferrio

Banned
Oh ya, just incase someone doesn't know.

I didn't know Tailsmans had a time limit. I made some last night and they only have a 6 hour timelimit then they get destroyed. Good way to keep the economy rolling since both crafting professions are items that aren't reusable.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
So I found out earlier tonight that Rune Priests are AOE gods. Joined a PQ with some (as I later found out) very cool guys and we were doing it the slow way. I said "screw it" and took advantage of the quick spawn rate and mobs that aggro easily, taking on upwards of 10+ orcs & goblins at a time. The result?

Saturn1.jpg

Saturn2.jpg

Saturn3.jpg

The second stage is when two champions run into the midst along with the swarm and somehow we survived it. Good times.

Tamanon

Banned
I will say, one of the funnier things I've seen is I've leveled up once by dying in RvR. I got 300 XP for discovering a title.:lol

Ferrio

Banned
In your guys' opinion, what's the Most used to least used of these three.

Squig Herder
Discipline of Khaine
Sorceress

Won

Ferrio said:
In your guys' opinion, what's the Most used to least used of these three.

Squig Herder
Discipline of Khaine
Sorceress

Huh?

Well Squig Herder is the least used obviously. DoC and Sorc seem even on my server, but I avoid Dark Elf ares, so no idea.

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
name: Nhilros
class: Disciple of Khaine
server: skull throne

Who would i talk to to get invited in gaf's destro guild?

Twig

Banned
This is my badass marauder.

http://xs231.xs.to/xs231/08385/jibbergog_m_001774.jpg

I forgot to scale it down or I'd embed the image. And I'm too lazy to scale it now!

I love that axe.

Oh, and.

I HAVE A FUCKING MACE FOR A FUCKING HAND.

Also: wish I could queue for any scenario in any area. I think it's dumb that I have to go to another area in order to actually be able to do RvR.

Ideally, I'd like to be able to queue for all three and just jump into which ever queue pops first.

Tamanon

Banned
TurtleSnatcher said:
I'd say Sorc more then DoK..

I have a SH.. But they are most defin the minority.. as are Magus.

There's an assload of Magi in T1 at the least. I guess everyone wants to try them out, because I run into them in RvR all the time.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
The guide for this game is really nice. 99% of it is written from the perspective of someone from the Warhammer universe. A black Orc does the Black Orc section, Witch Hunter writes the WH section (in the form a journal he kept on his travels, its pretty nice) and so on.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Welp - picked the game up, talked with the woman and she said she'd watch me play for a bit and judge for herself if it's something she thinks she'll be able to do. Now I'm going to join the gaf server and follow people around until I get a pity invite to the guild.

Chris R

So I'm hoping I didn't pick a bad server :| So far every instance I've joined for the 1-11 or whatever elf rvr area has resulted in our order forces getting their asses handed to them :lol

Also, should I be trying to level up my rvr rank more often as I'm only at about 4 now and rank 5.

Twig

Banned
rhfb said:
So I'm hoping I didn't pick a bad server :| So far every instance I've joined for the 1-11 or whatever elf rvr area has resulted in our order forces getting their asses handed to them :lol

Also, should I be trying to level up my rvr rank more often as I'm only at about 4 now and rank 5.
Seems like every scenario in every tier is completely random on who wins more often.

Buggy Loop said:
name: Nhilros
class: Disciple of Khaine
server: skull throne

Who would i talk to to get invited in gaf's destro guild?
Their isnt one.. a few of us are in "Legions of Chaos"

You can msg me anytime in game and I can invite you to that.. "Hartsock" is my Squig Herders name.. I wont be on till later tonight.. Gonna nap.. i r sleepy.

Pasco

Banned
So, social experiment time, or at least some observations:

On my server, the populations seem to have naturally decided that Empire vs Chaos is where it's at for RvR. You still get open world RvR elsewhere, but the the vast, vast majority goes down in the Empire vs Chaos areas. The scenarios also pop quicker in these areas.

So I guess the question is, is this happening on other servers? And is it happening in the same way?

(I guess a reasonable explanation could be that the currently available capitals, and thus the crux of RvR, are in the Empire vs Chaos area?)

Tamanon

Banned
Pasco said:

On my server, the populations seem to have naturally decided that Empire vs Chaos is where it's at for RvR. You still get open world RvR elsewhere, but the the vast, vast majority goes down in the Empire vs Chaos areas. The scenarios also pop quicker in these areas.

So I guess the question is, is this happening on other servers? And is it happening in the same way?

(I guess a reasonable explanation could be that the currently available capitals, and thus the crux of RvR, are in the Empire vs Chaos area?)

There's a good amount of RvR and pretty short queues in the Elvish war region. I think that's just because there are four order classes and people LOVE dark elves.

Wolfwood0

Neo Member
Its a damn shame this game doesnt have an official thread because im sure there are plenty of folks out there who cant access the online matchups section would like to read about the game.

Id make one if i could but i dont have thread makin privileges.

eznark

Banned
Wolfwood0 said:
Its a damn shame this game doesnt have an official thread because im sure there are plenty of folks out there who cant access the online matchups section would like to read about the game.

Id make one if i could but i dont have thread makin privileges.

This is the official thread, it got moved here immediately I think.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Ugh... I think I might have started pvp too early, throwing myself against a bunch of level 10's at level 3 doesn't seem too productive, although I don't make too bad of a distraction =/.

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
I wonder, since the only capitals are human and chaos, are the tier 1 to 3 so called "battle" between order and destruction pointless since there's no final in their tier 4? Another question about the tier, is there ever a winner and it stays like that? I remember seeing an rvr video explanation with powerpoint like slides where they said a side would win a tier, and it would contribute to tier 4, etc, but so far i see tier 1 changing hands constantly.

Won

Pasco said:

The capitals are one of the reasons, yeah. But I think it also has something to do with the area itself. Even within the RvR zone I see a big focus on the city part. Seems overall to be more interesting to fight in compared to the open ares.
Which is the reason why Praag will probably see the most action in T4.

Buggy Loop said:
I wonder, since the only capitals are human and chaos, are the tier 1 to 3 so called "battle" between order and destruction pointless since there's no final in their tier 4?

The other 2 campaigns also have big keeps at the end and you need to win 2 of the campaigns before the city opens up.

eznark said:
For you guys who are playing warrior priests...what is your approach? I feel like I am dying a lot.

The class never feels right until Divine Assault, which is a defining skill. Apart from HoT'ing yourself and whacking things with your hammer theres not a lot you can do.

Fear me Order gaffers! ;)

Hype - Witch Elf - Averheim

Highest damage I have put up so far in tier 2 scenario. Only rank 16 right now so I still have more levels to go in this scenario :D .
HypeF_000.jpg

I didn't get as high damge in this one, but still number 1. We won this game scenario I got 14k+ experience. Not bad for one scenario.
HypeF_002.jpg

Ok my lame attempt to try and impress anyone is done. :/

Ok just to make sure I don't screw this up, I just got my preorder from GameStop, do I just go to Warhammeronline and enter the code the same as the head start/open beta code?

Ok so I would really, REALLY rather not have my credit card information being used for this game. But I didn't know I would be required to buy the game AND a game card to play online otherwise. Doesn't it come with 30 days out of the box?

Anyone know if I can activate with my CC info, then immediately cancel the CC renewal? Or does that deactivate my account?

elseanio

I fixed my issue. I was logging in with my MASTER ACCOUNT password, when I apparently had a different GAME ACCOUNT password. Creating a new game account password worked and I'm ready for WAR!

Tamanon

Banned
Bumblebeetuna said:
Ok so I would really, REALLY rather not have my credit card information being used for this game. But I didn't know I would be required to buy the game AND a game card to play online otherwise. Doesn't it come with 30 days out of the box?

Anyone know if I can activate with my CC info, then immediately cancel the CC renewal? Or does that deactivate my account?

You can activate and cancel, no problem, you'll still get your 30 days.

Tamanon

Banned
rhfb said:

Winning the first Elven battleground completely consists on your archmages realizing their healing is much more useful than dps. Otherwise, yeah you'll just get rolled. I actually like the place because it gives you the option of covering the main route or splintering off and flanking from multiple openings.

Chris R

Tamanon said:
Winning the first Elven battleground completely consists on your archmages realizing their healing is much more useful than dps. Otherwise, yeah you'll just get rolled. I actually like the place because it gives you the option of covering the main route or splintering off and flanking from multiple openings.
basically

Order healing is always so much less than destruction side :( so much so that I almost want to make a healer :lol

Tamanon

Banned
rhfb said:
basically

Order healing is always so much less than destruction side :( so much so that I almost want to make a healer :lol

If you ever want to just win scenarios, roll a healer and heal. I think the problem is that they're called Archmages, so of course a lot of people roll them and think they should just nuke:p

BTW, I started a swordmaster tonight, and they're survivable as all get out. I just love that they have a snare so early on, it's a godsend in scenarios.

rhfb said:
basically

Completely disagree. DoK's only heal themselves, Warrior Priests tend to clue in to their healing powers when they hit their teens.

Rune Priests and Archmages both heal consistently, its the Shamans that try to go DPS spec and never bother healing anyone.

Chris R

Well maybe that is what is happening. Haven't hit my teens yet so I'm not really seeing many heals head my way ever :|

eznark

Banned
TheHeretic said:
The class never feels right until Divine Assault, which is a defining skill. Apart from HoT'ing yourself and whacking things with your hammer theres not a lot you can do.

yeah, Divine Assault is rad as hell. Hoping to stay up late to get to 10 so I can come on these Keep raids I keep hearing about

Chris R

Anyone happen to know what server the majority of the goons rolled on? Saw a destruction player with goon squad tag, just didn't know if they were the real deal...

Sullen

TheHeretic said:
Completely disagree. DoK's only heal themselves, Warrior Priests tend to clue in to their healing powers when they hit their teens.

Rune Priests and Archmages both heal consistently, its the Shamans that try to go DPS spec and never bother healing anyone.

Any DoK that is only healing himself is not playing the class properly. I am torture spec (melee damage mastery) and I still spend most of my time healing. A properly played hybrid like DoK or Warrior Priest should strive for scoreboard numbers that are nearly equal in damage and healing.

Sadly you are right though, most DoK's are fucking worthless, but it makes playing a good one even that much more appreciated.

edit: Holy shit I didnt realize GAF was playing order on Averheim. My destro guild is on there, I look foward to eating all of you alive :)

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
There's healers on Order side, you just haven't run into them.

Pulled this healing effort out earlier today. Getting used to doing 20K or so on average, but 40K in Tier 1 is always nice. Huge comeback from behind win too.. I swear we were 200 vs 400 at one stage.

Saturn4.jpg

rhfb said:
Well maybe that is what is happening. Haven't hit my teens yet so I'm not really seeing many heals head my way ever :|
Shaman/Archmage have absolute shit for direct heals in tier 1, so if they aren't hotting up everyone on the screen they aren't doing it right.

Top Bottom