• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhammer Online, The Official Thread of Destruction vs Order

eznark

Banned
I went and picked up the game. Installed it. I just launched it and signed in and my character isn't there.

Do I need to do something to import it?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
eznark said:
I went and picked up the game. Installed it. I just launched it and signed in and my character isn't there.

Do I need to do something to import it?

Import from where?

Tamanon

Banned
Dangit, I can't even register my account yet until midnight it seems. Says I can't use the registration code yet.:lol

Sinatar

eznark said:
I have no idea, just don't know why it didn't work.

I have no idea what you're talking about. You just bought the game, installed it and are expecting premade characters or something?

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
eznark said:
I have no idea, just don't know why it didn't work.

Yea, when did you play that character you want to recover? Preview weekend? open beta? Those are gone, beta characters are wiped. If its a character from the headstart, then i dont know..

Some great guild RvR scenario runs just finished up. Order reigns triumphant tonight!

I think I've switched mains to Conn - Witch Hunter. Brilliant time and I don't have stealth yet!

Sinatar

I'm loving the hell out of the chaos Chosen, their taunt mechanic for PVP is devious. You taunt the guy and if he doesn't turn and fight back the Chosen does 30% bonus damage to them which is huge.

eznark

Banned
No, I've been playing in the head start, and installed the game again via the discs, perhaps I just didn't need to do that.

Sinatar

eznark said:
No, I've been playing in the head start, and installed the game again via the discs, perhaps I just didn't need to do that.

You need to go to the warhammer account page and add your retail key to the account your headstart key is on. And no, you didn't need to install it again.

Tamanon

Banned
BTW, just to make sure I don't have to call customer service or anything. If it says my code cannot be used yet, that just means I can't use it until tomorrow right? I wasn't in the head start and bought it at gamestop.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Vashu said:
Come on, you obviously weren't joking. And neither am I. ;)

Don't worry, you pompous ass, I wasn't offended. I just felt like reacting like that. But right now, I got salvaging on, and I don't know where to get scavenging to be honest. Might look for that too since most people think it's the best way to get more money more faster.

How do you like the game so far btw?

Fucking loving it man, already rank 18 RR 12. Our guild already backhand fools left and right we took back our T2 keeps and objectives in Shadow lands and the other area which it's name escapes me, some real nice shit drops from the keep lords.

Tamanon

Banned
My SE code just worked finally. Now it at least lets me patch finally.:p How do I go about joining the GAF order guild?

Tamanon said:
BTW, just to make sure I don't have to call customer service or anything. If it says my code cannot be used yet, that just means I can't use it until tomorrow right? I wasn't in the head start and bought it at gamestop.
Servers go live at 12:00am est I believe..

I keep getting "There was an error processing your request" when I use my CE code, WTF.

EDIT: It seems to have applied the code to my account anyway.

Chain rooting is a son of a bitch, let me tell you. I'll be glad when roots actually have a 50% chance of breaking.

Also, me and Frag had a pretty good time in Phoenix Gate.

nataku

bloodforge said:
Have you never seen a Warhammer miniature? You have to put them together.

No, I haven't.

I see a couple of pieces that come off. The claw on the right arm, the spike on his helm. There are parts that are clearly meant to snap off the axe and be put elsewhere, but his entire arm-holding-axe snapping off? It looks broken when I look at it close.

I've never seen one though, so if I'm wrong I'd like to know how to go about putting it together.

This is what I got:
war_broken_2.jpg

Twig

Banned
Teknopathetic said:
Chain rooting is a son of a bitch, let me tell you. I'll be glad when roots actually have a 50% chance of breaking.
Fucking bright wizards with their fucking AoE snare. Gahhh. GAHHH.

JoeMartin

TheOneGuy said:
Fucking bright wizards with their fucking AoE snare. Gahhh. GAHHH.

Hey hey. We're not the only ones. Engineers and shadow warriors (all ranged DPS classes - both sides) have one.

But holy hell does the game get so much more better/fair for those of us wearing tissue paper for armor when we finally get our snare.

Pre-level 10 I literally have nothing to stop melee classes from just trucking right into my ass.

nataku said:
No, I haven't.

I see a couple of pieces that come off. The claw on the right arm, the spike on his helm. There are parts that are clearly meant to snap off the axe and be put elsewhere, but his entire arm-holding-axe snapping off? It looks broken when I look at it close.

I've never seen one though, so if I'm wrong I'd like to know how to go about putting it together.

This is what I got:

That is what you were supposed to get, you have to attach his hand.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
I'm not in a gaffer guild but I thought I'd post anyway.

Destruction: Eekka - 17 Shaman - Karak-Hirn EU

And yeah, I think the complaints about the "broken" miniatures are hilarious :lol

Dina

God my brother needs to come home fast. I promised to wait with lvling my archmage for his swordmaster, but the wait is killing me.

Tamanon

Banned
Aight, I've tried a couple characters now and I've settled on a Witch Hunter

Tamanon is my character's name also. Lemme know who to contact about joining up with the GAFfer guild!

Cirruss

Osaka said:
I'm not in a gaffer guild but I thought I'd post anyway.

Destruction: Eekka - 17 Shaman - Karak-Hirn EU

And yeah, I think the complaints about the "broken" miniatures are hilarious :lol

I'm a 15 Chosen on Karak Hirn

Wes

venison crêpe
Out of curiosity, as I was on holiday when it started, how did the launch go? Particularly in Europe after GOA's fine mess with the Beta.

Twig

Banned
JoeMartin said:
Hey hey. We're not the only ones. Engineers and shadow warriors (all ranged DPS classes - both sides) have one.

But holy hell does the game get so much more better/fair for those of us wearing tissue paper for armor when we finally get our snare.

Pre-level 10 I literally have nothing to stop melee classes from just trucking right into my ass.
Well, only bright wizards seem to use it often enough to annoy the shit out of me. Plus, I don't see a lot of engineers, and shadow warrior snare doesn't have that immediately-obvious firey-ring-of-pain graphic.

When I'm chain-snared for over half a minute, completely unable to do anything but throw pansy-ass axes at people, well... you can imagine the frustration! ]:<

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Got my Rune Priest up to rank 10 finally by taking him around for a few hours. Ran into a warband in RvR and was persuaded to sign a guild called "Panda Council". I think the boys in it are either drunks or stoners as it took us about 30 mins to sign the guild up.. should make for an interesting scenario down the track :lol

Google

Right - I had a brief dabble last night, and I enjoyed it a damn sight more than the 90 minutes of LOTRO.

I'm a Shadow Warrior (level 3, yo!) called Teclon.

Would love to be involved in the GAF guild...even though I've no idea what the fuck a guild is.

What do I need to be doing?

Is there anyway to add friends or anything while not in the game?

How about checking out your characters stats and that? Do I need to be logged into the actual game to see all that?

eznark

Banned
Sinatar said:
You need to go to the warhammer account page and add your retail key to the account your headstart key is on. And no, you didn't need to install it again.

yeah, i figured that out this morning. When I originally tried to do that it said I was unable to enter my code "at this time."

At least now I can uninstall the 12+ gig second install!

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
The PQ's involving both sides are fucking AWESOME.

"WTF is that bear a Hero? To who? Go tank it!"

2 minute later

"WTF is that 3 warrior priest? Stay on the bear, we will deal with this"

4 minutes later we complete the PQ and the chest explodes open on top a mound of dead order.

Tamanon

Banned
Gah, the game keeps crashing to desktop any time I get near the Burning Windmill if the PQ is going on. Hope it's just a server issue or something easily fixed.

Ferrio

Banned
_tetsuo_ said:
The PQ's involving both sides are fucking AWESOME.

"WTF is that bear a Hero? To who? Go tank it!"

2 minute later

"WTF is that 3 warrior priest? Stay on the bear, we will deal with this"

4 minutes later we complete the PQ and the chest explodes open on top a mound of dead order.

Ya, I'm on a core server and when I first came across one of those I just went berserk into the destro got our asses handed to us. So I unflagged and just did the PQ. While I was unflagging destro continually tried to strafe infront of me trying to get me to accidentally target them. 3 levels later I came back and did the same tactic, was hilarious getting people to accidentally hit me so i could beat them down.

Macattk15

Pretty sure it was never planned for PS3 or 360. Least not Age of Reckoning.

Age of Conan is being made for the 360 though I believe.

chapel

Banned
I joined the Order Guild.

My characters name is Raziell, the Shadow Warrior!

Having tons of fun. One thing I wish is that you could tag people with info, games need to let you do this.

The website is wrong on the guild link you posted. We aren't really gaming age anymore.

Plus how do you get a linkable profile?

So I'm level 18 on the euro servers now and a few thoughts.

PQ's are awesome, except when you can't find people, but even then you can grind influence. I did one of the dwarf chapter 9 pq's from start to finish with me (warrior priest), ironbreaker, runepriest and an engineer. 4 steps and a champion boss. Purple blue and 2 green loot bags, wasn't too difficult at all.

The game is still very rough around the edges. There are times where you'll just run out of quests, have to venture to another races zones, which is fine but you often feel lost as you jump in the deep end.

Bugs, theres a lot of them, warrior priest is what I know, and within it, none of the prayers work properly their range is 10ft instead of 150ft, smite doesn't do what it says it does and many many tooltips are still downright wrong.

My server has not had any scenarios working for over 24 hours now. Apparently it's occured on a few servers. Nobody at Mythic or GOA has mentioned it.

Nasty memory leak. Getting 10fps on a beefy computer in 30v30 rvr is a worry.

Oh and theres the Tainted Wounds bug people are getting it too soon and instead of proccing on when the spell lands it's proccing on heals over time. Which really fucks warrior priests over.

Twig

Banned
MrPing1000 said:
There are times where you'll just run out of quests, have to venture to another races zones, which is fine but you often feel lost as you jump in the deep end.
Are you doing RvR.

Because I am ALWAYS queued for a scenario, and jump at every opportunity to do RvR, and I have yet to run out of quests. Or even come close. In fact, I hit rank 13 before I left Tier 1.

Tamanon

Banned
Yeah, I at first thought the leveling would be really slow once XP from regular quests started slowing down, but RvR quests are relatively quick and give great XP. Even the easiest ones of "kill one guy" or "scout this area"

Also, there sure seem to be a SHITLOAD of Magi on our server for the destro side. Maybe it's just that first area.

ManaByte

Macattk15 said:
Pretty sure it was never planned for PS3 or 360. Least not Age of Reckoning.

Age of Conan is being made for the 360 though I believe.

Mythic had Warhammer up and running on the 360 at the last big E3 at the LACC. So I'd say they're planning a 360 version.

Top Bottom