• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhammer Online, The Official Thread of Destruction vs Order

"edit: Holy shit I didnt realize GAF was playing order on Averheim. My destro guild is on there, I look foward to eating all of you alive :)"

What guild? Please tell me not Dusk till Dawn, Xen of Onslaught, or PRX, which I'm pretty sure is 1/2 of the entire Destro realm.

On a side note, I got into another scenario with Fragamemnon. He came with his group (I think) and I came with my group, so it was really unfortunate for the pretty high level destro party:

fraglove836.jpg

And also while I was just doing some scenarios on my own I lost a game but I don't think me or my team mates feel all that bad:

goodtimes403.jpg

And yes, that first pic is scrolled down (unintentionally), I wasn't top.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Damn nice work for that Warrior Priest. Can't wait till I get more into Tier 2. I was going to go down the path of dmg & heal spells for my RP but opted for the safe option in the healing abilities. Figured a tank worth its weight in salt when it came to healing was better.

speedpop

I find Khaine's Embrace to be a slightly shitty scenario, but that's just from a healer perspective with a Dwarf. Damn jagged rocks getting in the way of my casts.

speedpop said:
I find Khaine's Embrace to be a slightly shitty scenario, but that's just from a healer perspective with a Dwarf. Damn jagged rocks getting in the way of my casts.

Wait till you get to Stonetroll Crossing. Its a flag running scenario, and buy default there are always 5 chosen and 2 black orcs versus a bunch of DPS classes and hybrid healers. Its a joke.

JoeMartin

While we're posting our epenis's, my farewell gifts to Nordenwatch. :D

11so2eb.jpg

wbufsp.jpg

*I actually hit level 12 while in the last one.

Time to move up to t2 content. Woohoo.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
I am starting to -get- certain parts of this game finally, but i think it's time I sit down and read the manual - I don't even know what I make with the apothecary skill.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
In gates of Ekrund last night, i came in first for dmg done and killing blows 3 times in a row last night with my swordmaster, lol

tomei

Do a /who guild and it should show you a list of people in Guild of the Forever. Then send a tell to anyone of them to get an invite. Just mention that you are from gaf and your in.

speedpop

Ok I am definitely in a very funny guild. There's only a handful of us that are in a decent enough rank to even walk into Tier 2, let alone attempt to take down a Keep. But try to take down a Keep we did - Panda Council style. It all went horribly wrong and it didn't help that I was drunk along with everyone else so the heals were at times quite sporadic :lol

One of those moments where I wish I had fraps on.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
TurtleSnatcher said:
Skull Throne has crashed twice tonight..

So so bad...

They need to start forcing guild transfers.

Why haven't you transferred if it's so bad. The reason the problem persists is because 95% of the people are like you. They expect everyone else to leave without doing it themselves.

Sinatar said:
Why haven't you transferred if it's so bad. The reason the problem persists is because 95% of the people are like you. They expect everyone else to leave without doing it themselves.
Our guild put in the petition to the GM to mirror us today.

As opposed to a mirror from days ago.

So yesterday on the Warhammeralliance forums there was some yammer in the Averheim forum about guild alliances and organization and my guildmate asks if it would be kosher to send out tells to various guild leaders and officers about forming RvR groups up to take some keeps. He got a lot of interest from a lot of the large guilds on the server so he set it up for tonight. It was easily about 90-100 people and we rolled each keep with little resistance. Finally, destruction got together in Troll Country/Ostland and for...about an hour (and ongoing) there was a large, zone-wide battle over both keeps and all the battlefield objectives. Surprisingly, we managed to beat back a couple of their siege attempts and routed them all the way back to their warcamp. In the end, because it wasn't REALLY very organized (12 guilds + various stragglers and it was my guildmates' first time actually managing something like this) and because we'd been going around sieging keeps and getting all disorganized over the course of the previous hour before we all got to troll country, more and more people moved on to other things and destruction got control of Troll Country back.

I didn't get some of the in-keep footage (like my crazy standoff on the bottom floor of a keep vs. 10 destruction with a bunch of healers keeping me up while I went around wrecking each one), but I did get some videos that showed the size of what both sides were rolling with. Will encode and shit later.

Sullen

Teknopathetic said:
What guild? Please tell me not Dusk till Dawn, Xen of Onslaught, or PRX, which I'm pretty sure is 1/2 of the entire Destro realm.

Our guild is Power Word Waaagh. We are fairly small (50ish members) and we play mostly to just mess around and have fun. Xen of Onslaught, Dusk till Dawn, etc are all fucking douchebag zerg guilds anyway. Some of the destro guilds are seriously just major fucking zergs w/ no skill. Order seems to be fairly free of that except Candymancers, holy shit those guys are terrible and they are everywhere.

Yeah, I've seen a few Power Word Waaagh guys, I'm in Trespass, which is also pretty small (like 70).

Candymancers is like a Penny-Arcade guild, I believe.

Honestly, I'm not too worried about the zerging. It's the "easiest" and most successful tactic currently, while there aren't any real organized Order alliances to counter it. Guilds that large can't possibly have a high retention rate once you start getting up into the higher levels. Especially when those guilds recruitment process is pretty much just grabbing everyone they can get.

RiverBed

Banned
where are all the screens and juicy pics? all I see is Excel tables with grocery store bill receipt numbers on them. :/

PS. will ahve my game in three days. :)

Teknopathetic said:
Honestly, I'm not too worried about the zerging. It's the "easiest" and most successful tactic currently, while there aren't any real organized Order alliances to counter it. Guilds that large can't possibly have a high retention rate once you start getting up into the higher levels. Especially when those guilds recruitment process is pretty much just grabbing everyone they can get.

I don't think i'd ever join a guild without a dedicated website, ventrilo server and application process.

Ferrio

Banned
Sullen said:
Our guild is Power Word Waaagh. We are fairly small (50ish members) and we play mostly to just mess around and have fun. Xen of Onslaught, Dusk till Dawn, etc are all fucking douchebag zerg guilds anyway. Some of the destro guilds are seriously just major fucking zergs w/ no skill. Order seems to be fairly free of that except Candymancers, holy shit those guys are terrible and they are everywhere.

I've seen you guys running around (I'm on destro too).

So tonight I found out I'm on the largest guild on Skull Throne for Destro..

That is why the GM is letting us mirror everyone whenever we want if we choose to move servers :lol

Blackface

Banned
Been playing Order on Skull Throne. 23 right now. Did some T3 scenarios today to hit RR20 and it was beyond fun. Knocking people in lava has never been so amazing.

To be honest, my guild of about 25-30 is getting damn tired of the ques on Skull Throne. The copied server stuff is stupid. If you didn't make up your mind in 24 hours, You were generally much higher and better off then when the copy was made.

If they open up transfers, and anyone has a guild that needs a good 25 dedicated players, shoot me a PM.

speedpop

Realised the guild I was traveling in was a disaster waiting to happen. The makings of a zerg guild was in place, but I think what set me off was earlier today. We were running around in RvR, middle of a Keep takeover which we weren't going to win and all of a sudden the guild leader says "bbs scenario". I just go.. wha?

So I left, solo'd for a bit and was reading up on some Order guilds on the server in Warhammeralliance. Run across a group of guys I had seen in scenarios before and they seemed to have their heads screwed on so I threw in an application. Couple of hours later, guild leader pipes up in-game and says to me that they were pleasantly surprised to see my application as they've noticed me healing my arse off.

Good to be back in a guild that has some sense of what is going on.

Trax416 said:
Been playing Order on Skull Throne. 23 right now. Did some T3 scenarios today to hit RR20 and it was beyond fun. Knocking people in lava has never been so amazing.

To be honest, my guild of about 25-30 is getting damn tired of the ques on Skull Throne. The copied server stuff is stupid. If you didn't make up your mind in 24 hours, You were generally much higher and better off then when the copy was made.

If they open up transfers, and anyone has a guild that needs a good 25 dedicated players, shoot me a PM.
Yea the copy thing was pretty lame because its asking large guilds to make decisions in 24 hrs yet not everyone is onlne.. its like uh?

They opened up allowing to copy us whenever option because we were the largest on ST.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
lol I must be doing something wrong. I played in beta, in open beta,in head start with my pre-order. As I understood it, this also paid for the first month's subscription.

Today was first day I could try to play...account is inactive.

I was already on the fence with the game as is...this doesn't help.

I suppose I could enter my billing info and see what that does...

The patcher doesn't work either lol.

Mr Pockets said:
lol I must be doing something wrong. I played in beta, in open beta,in head start with my pre-order. As I understood it, this also paid for the first month's subscription.

Today was first day I could try to play...account is inactive.

I was already on the fence with the game as is...this doesn't help.

I suppose I could enter my billing info and see what that does...

The patcher doesn't work either lol.
??

Every MMO that I've joined has always asked that you put in a credit card even with the retail key giving you that first free month. Its so they have something to auto charge when the month is over.

Hell XBLive does this.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Yeah I know...not the first time. I guess I expected an email, or some sort of notice asking for this. Or even talking about the cost of the subscriptions, etc.

I entered the info, waiting on something to happen...hehe

Patcher still doesn't work :(

RiverBed said:
where are all the screens and juicy pics? all I see is Excel tables with grocery store bill receipt numbers on them. :/

PS. will ahve my game in three days. :)

I'm glad you asked. Here are some screenshots of neat environments, adventures, a scoreboard, and some RvR on my currently rank 17 Swordmaster.

Shadowlands
Shadowlands 2
Shadowlands 3
Traveling through a forest
Knocking down the door
In the sewers with Neogaf guildies
hitting 40k on a scoreboard (spreadsheet)
Altdorf City
I like the way the sky looks
the Temple scenario
Glacier Yeti!

Tamanon

Banned
Mr Pockets said:
Yeah I know...not the first time. I guess I expected an email, or some sort of notice asking for this. Or even talking about the cost of the subscriptions, etc.

I entered the info, waiting on something to happen...hehe

Patcher still doesn't work :(

Also make sure that you've put in your registration code. You do have to fill in the payment info too, you won't be charged until your 30 days are up. And you can still cancel too and play for 30 days.

Won

Is there a way to select a character on the character selection screen other than clicking on it? I have Squig Herder behind my Black Orc and I can't klick on it. -.-

Chris R

Won said:
Is there a way to select a character on the character selection screen other than clicking on it? I have Squig Herder behind my Black Orc and I can't klick on it. -.-
buttons on the bottom of the screen? I think I have those there since I have 3 chars now.

Dina

Level 13 Archmage now, and dropping in stopping power ever so steeply.

Where I used to be able to face down a marauder or witch elf in tier 1 with dots ticking and hots healing, this is now nearly impossible. I know this isn't a 1on1 game, but both melee classes can take quite a beating. I've been killed while 3 Order people were ganging on that same guy.

Tamanon

Banned
I'm slowly experimenting with the character classes, and being an archmage gives you a ton more control on whether or not your team wins scenarios it seems. I especially like the whole defensive and offensive targeting bits. Only up to rank 7 and renoun rank 8, but it's decent soloing too since there are several dots you can toss on mobs.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Dina said:
Level 13 Archmage now, and dropping in stopping power ever so steeply.

Where I used to be able to face down a marauder or witch elf in tier 1 with dots ticking and hots healing, this is now nearly impossible. I know this isn't a 1on1 game, but both melee classes can take quite a beating. I've been killed while 3 Order people were ganging on that same guy.

to be honest, if a an Archmage could stand toe to toe with a marauder it most certainly would not be a good thing.

Won

rhfb said:
buttons on the bottom of the screen? I think I have those there since I have 3 chars now.

Nope, there are no buttons. Checked the WHA forum and played around a bit and the only thing I can do is waiting for the idle animation of the Orc and "snipe" the Goblin out. :(

Top Bottom