• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhammer Online, The Official Thread of Destruction vs Order

I dont RvR much until I get to a higher lvl.. I hate getting steam rolled which happens in 75% of them because people come in with 6 group parties that work together.. and thats usually all you need half the time.

I'm starting to run into that running out of quests portion.

I'm on chapter 6 and only lvl 13.

TurtleSnatcher said:
I dont RvR much until I get to a higher lvl.. I hate getting steam rolled which happens in 75% of them because people come in with 6 group parties that work together.. and thats usually all you need half the time.

I don't know. I haven't done one quest besides turing in RVR quests and I've skyrocketed to lvl8. Faster than I did doing quests in beta.

Wolfwood0

Neo Member
TurtleSnatcher said:

That sounds about right. In the beta im pretty sure thats around the LvL i was at that chapter. If you really dont want to move on in chapters go to your capitol city there are TONS of quests there.

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
Installing the game, looking @ the gaf order guild roster, there's a shitload of ironbreakers... How does swordmaster compare so far?

Ferrio

Banned
Buggy Loop said:
Installing the game, looking @ the gaf order guild roster, there's a shitload of ironbreakers... How does swordmaster compare so far?

I liked sword master a lot, they can take alot of damage too.. but they don't have as many protection capabilities for other people (they get guard, taunt and all those though). If I was forced not to do Ironbreaker, I'd of gone swordmaster.

Won

MrPing1000 said:
My server has not had any scenarios working for over 24 hours now. Apparently it's occured on a few servers. Nobody at Mythic or GOA has mentioned it.

So it wasn't only on my server, heh? Wanted to level my Sorceress through scenarios today and did a bit of RvR, after a while I just wanted to level a bit faster and went of doing normal and PQs....after 2 full levels still no scenario. :(

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
Ferrio said:
I liked sword master a lot, they can take alot of damage too.. but they don't have as many protection capabilities for other people (they get guard, taunt and all those though). If I was forced not to do Ironbreaker, I'd of gone swordmaster.

Forced to play ironbreaker? o_o

So if swordmaster have less protection capabilities, do they have more offense at least? Im hesitating between Witch hunter, swordmaster and shadow warrior. I noticed that nobody in the guild has a white lion either..

My destruction char is already 100% clear in my mind, Disciple of khaine, so i wont play a healer on order side.

Ferrio

Banned
Buggy Loop said:
Forced to play ironbreaker? o_o

So if swordmaster have less protection capabilities, do they have more offense at least?

Ya, didn't get too far but I'd assume so. One of their abilities is to infuse their blade with certain properties. One of them I liked a lot, basically everytime you hit someone there was a 25% chance you'd drain stat points from anyone within like 30ft of you or something. So if you were surrounded by a ton of players you'd get a huge stat boost.

Haeleos

Just a heads up for people picking up the game and wanting to join the Averheim GAF guild, we are getting pretty full of Ironbreakers, just as a heads up so that you aren't competing with so many other members for loot.

Also, I'm sending out any good loot I find to other members, so if you find anything cool, don't just vendor it or AH it, see if anyone else might need it.

Twig

Banned
Oh geez!

Nordenwatch was so easy to win.

Stone Troll Crossing is like impossible to win. And the queue's like ten times longer.

GRRR.

Tamanon

Banned
Bright Wizards are fun, especially in Public quests. I even entered Nordenwatch at level 1, the queue was so fast, shockingly was 5th on the damage list, heh.

Tamanon said:
Bright Wizards are fun, especially in Public quests. I even entered Nordenwatch at level 1, the queue was so fast, shockingly was 5th on the damage list, heh.
Well of course.. Bright Wizards do the most dmg in the game. Some say more then Sorcerors.

Once again.. Dmg done and bragging about it is meh.

Squig Herders who can constantly smack people from a distance can lead dmg charts because they can just pelt from the back and not do anything significant to change the game because they have crappy dmg.

Tamanon

Banned
TurtleSnatcher said:
Well of course.. Bright Wizards do the most dmg in the game. Some say more then Sorcerors.

Once again.. Dmg done and bragging about it is meh.

Squig Herders who can constantly smack people from a distance can lead dmg charts because they can just pelt from the back and not do anything significant to change the game because they have crappy dmg.

I....I wasn't bragging about it. I was just talking about it. This is a Warhammer thread right?

According to my circuit city order status page they haven't even shipped my game box yet. What to do? print off the online order and bring it in to a local CC store?

I know its a little tacky to upload scores and what not, but I this one is just a must. My team was pretty terrible but I had some healers who kept me trucking through. Essentially I used incognito to wipe out their RDPS and Support classes, then worked on through the MDPS players. Very good system.

2eelyf6.jpg

I'm Regal, of course.

Well my Gamestop screwed me out of a CE. They say it'll be a few days before they get them in for whatever reason. I'm not sure how much longer I'll be able to play without having entered a retail key.

Outdoor Miner said:
Well my Gamestop screwed me out of a CE. They say it'll be a few days before they get them in for whatever reason. I'm not sure how much longer I'll be able to play without having entered a retail key.

7 days from the head start.

shock33

Is anyone else getting almost game crippling choppiness and crashes? The choppiness is the same no matter the settings and on my desktop (X2 4800+ 8800GT 4GB Ram) or my laptop (Dell 1530 - 2.00 Core Duo, 8600GT 2GB Ram). The crashes are either straight to desktop on my laptop, or on my desktop, black screens that require a hard reset (quick reset gets a "Failed VGA Test" verbal warning)

I can't believe it's hardware related given I get this problem with nothin else, and Conan ran beautifully on my desktop so something seems fishy...

Ferrio

Banned
TheHeretic said:
7 days from the head start.

Wrong, you have to do it by tommorow

http://herald.warhammeronline.com/warherald/NewsArticle.war?id=301

Greetings!

We know that you are glued to your keyboard, with your IV of [insert fizzy beverage here] flowing happily as you hack, slash, and blast your way through the first tiers of WAR. This announcement is to let everyone know that if you haven’t yet entered your CD key into the account center, you must do so by tomorrow (Friday) morning at 7:00 AM. If you do not enter your information into the Account Center by the deadline your characters will not be affected, you will just be unable to login until your product key is entered.
If you pre-ordered online and have not yet received confirmation that your order has shipped we encourage you to contact your retailers customer support to ensure you receive your game on-time.

EA Store customers will be contacted with instructions on how they may continue playing while they wait for their box to arrive.

Think of it as a good time to stand up, have a stretch, and go out to greet that bright, giant, hot thing in the sky. Don’t forget your shades!

Did my first keep defense today. I had screenshots, but they messed up. Teach me not to stick with fraps.

It was kinda boring, as all the tanks just stood infront of the door (me included and used their "Hold the line skill" while healers healed and archers/cannons took shots at them from the roof. Standing in one spot hitting the same key over and over and not doing anything that soak damage got a little tiring.

TONS of people though. I'm at 1920x1200 and everything turned on. My system was doing some serious slideshow action.

Atrophis

TheOneGuy said:
Oh geez!

Nordenwatch was so easy to win.

Stone Troll Crossing is like impossible to win. And the queue's like ten times longer.

GRRR.

Hehe same. Order rolled Destruction so easy in Nordenwatch, but I am yet to be on a winning team in Stonetroll Crossing.

I'd recommend playing one of the other Tier 2 scenarios. I have yet to lose a game in either, plus they are better scenario's (2 flag CTF and oddball, to steal Halo 3 parlance).

Ferrio said:
Wrong, you have to do it by tommorow

Did my first keep defense today. I had screenshots, but they messed up. Teach me not to stick with fraps.

It was kinda boring, as all the tanks just stood infront of the door (me included and used their "Hold the line skill" while healers healed and archers/cannons took shots at them from the roof. Standing in one spot hitting the same key over and over and not doing anything that soak damage got a little tiring.

TONS of people though. I'm at 1920x1200 and everything turned on. My system was doing some serious slideshow action.

Oh ok, thanks for the correction.

Theres a handy mod at curse mods that shows your FPS, I don't think i've dropped below 50 yet. That said, I haven't been in any truly massive battles yet.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Holy crap, when Chosen hit lvl 10 and get the Warped Flesh tactic they become nigh unkillable, especially if you're going sword & board.

Friggin insane.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Seems like the "broken miniature"-problem was more common than I thought :lol

WAR-Europe.com said:
Many of you have been receiving your Collector's Edition boxed sets today and amongst all the lovely things inside is your limited edition Grumlok and Gazbag miniature by Games Workshop. Please be aware that this figure is manufactured in several parts and must be assembled – superglue is ideal for this. It is quite normal for the axe and armour spikes to be separate in the blister pack, there is no need to return your box as they will all be the same.

eznark

Banned
TheHeretic said:
Oh ok, thanks for the correction.

Theres a handy mod at curse mods that shows your FPS, I don't think i've dropped below 50 yet. That said, I haven't been in any truly massive battles yet.

what other mods are you guys finding useful?

Haeleos

If you ordered from EA store and are waiting for your shipment to arrive still, do you just wait for them to email you about the method in which you can keep playing while you wait?

JoeMartin

TheHeretic said:
I know its a little tacky to upload scores and what not, but I this one is just a must. My team was pretty terrible but I had some healers who kept me trucking through. Essentially I used incognito to wipe out their RDPS and Support classes, then worked on through the MDPS players. Very good system.

Not at all. Turtle is just a hater.

We should celebrate our massive e-penis lengthening scoreboards. It lets everyone else on the internet you know they're better than them. At a video game. Which is serious business.

eznark said:
what other mods are you guys finding useful?

Right now i've got:

Autoloot (loots everything with a single click - a must have)
LibSlash (a standard lots of mods depend on)
ApproxFPS (FPS display)
SCT (an enhanced display of damage numbers that float around your character)
ActionBarColor (makes entire icons red when out of range)
KillingBlow (makes a noise/gives an alert when you deliver the final blow in pvp)
WhinySpellTimer (shows dots, hots, debuffs and buffs as bars around your character. makes reapplying things at the right moment easier)

JoeMartin said:
Not at all. Turtle is just a hater.

We should celebrate our massive e-penis lengthening scoreboards. It lets everyone else on the internet you know they're better than them. At a video game. Which is serious business.

:(

eznark

Banned
TheHeretic said:
Right now i've got:

ApproxFPS (FPS display)
ActionBarColor (makes entire icons when out of range)
KillingBlow (makes a noise/gives an alert when you deliver the final blow in pvp)
WhinySpellTimer (shows dots, hots, debuffs and buffs as bars around your character. makes reapplying things at the right moment easier)

awesome, thanks!

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
Was I suppose to get a cd key from D2D. It says authentication error when i try to log in.

ToddG15

TheHeretic said:
Right now i've got:

ApproxFPS (FPS display)
ActionBarColor (makes entire icons red when out of range)

I tried a quick google search but didn't come up with anything... Where did you download your mods?

Orin GA

Okay got my activation key, but now Im getting "This game is closed" Is anyone else on?

Edit: Seems like they are updating

elseanio

Outdoor Miner said:
Servers are down 'til 1:30 EST.

First time on the game. I've imported from the US, created my account, and have this in my account management:

Yet, when I try logging in to the client, I get authentication failed. Will I not be able to patch untill the servers are back up?

Neo 007

Just finished installing and patching.
Can anyone recommend a good class to play and whats the best server to go on?
I'm in Australia.

Orin GA

PirateSean said:
First time on the game. I've imported from the US, created my account, and have this in my account management:

Yet, when I try logging in to the client, I get authentication failed. Will I not be able to patch untill the servers are back up?

Did you enter your CD Key on your account page?

Azzurri said:
How do you add them? Is it the same way as WOW was? Just drop it in the interface folder?

Q: How do I install WAR addons?
A: First, go to your Warhammer Online directory. Once you're there, look for a folder called Interface. If it's not there, create it. Open up the Interface folder (not the one inside the User folder - just <WAR DIR>\Interface) and look inside for a folder called "AddOns". If it's not there (or if you just created the Interface folder), create it. Then open up this AddOns folder. Now, extract the contents of the .zip file for the mod you downloaded into this AddOns folder. Extracting the .zip should create a new subfolder here with the same name as the addon, inside of which should be some files including one that ends in .mod - that's all there is to it! Start up WAR and you should be good to go.

Alternatively, if you'd prefer not to install addons by hand, the Curse Client can install and update addons hosted on Curse.com - all you have to do is select them from a list.

http://www.warhammeralliance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67885

Oddly enough I don't seem to have an interface or addons folder for addon installs.

This is even after a DVD re-install.

EDIT: NM. Just saw the note to create it.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
I'm seriously considering picking up this game when I head into work today... I have two VERY important questions.

1 - Buddy pass? Is there one?

2 - Kind of related to the first question, do you think this game is gf friendly? I can't play an MMO without getting my gf involved - and WoW with her was sooo much fun (before it dissipated into a cloud of drama llamas) - she's not sooo into the PvP, so is the PvE enough to sate someone?

Also... I guess this is another question but it's more important than both of them...is it enjoyable? As someone who loves character customization/growth/equipment whoring, is it something that I can get into? I know it's really personal opinion, but like... 50bucks spent with no one to blame but myself if I hate it sucks, I'd rather blame someone from gaf.

Kinitari said:
I'm seriously considering picking up this game when I head into work today... I have two VERY important questions.

1 - Buddy pass? Is there one?

2 - Kind of related to the first question, do you think this game is gf friendly? I can't play an MMO without getting my gf involved - and WoW with her was sooo much fun (before it dissipated into a cloud of drama llamas) - she's not sooo into the PvP, so is the PvE enough to sate someone?

Also... I guess this is another question but it's more important than both of them...is it enjoyable? As someone who loves character customization/growth/equipment whoring, is it something that I can get into? I know it's really personal opinion, but like... 50bucks spent with no one to blame but myself if I hate it sucks, I'd rather blame someone from gaf.

If she doesn't like PvP shes not going to like the end game of WAR. The PvE is very passable but the games focus is clearly PvP. Unless she is a very casual player shes better off sticking to WoW.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
TheHeretic said:
If she doesn't like PvP shes not going to like the end game of WAR. The PvE is very passable but the games focus is clearly PvP. Unless she is a very casual player shes better off sticking to WoW.

Mmm, well like I said, she doesn't particularly hate it, but she leans heavily on the PvE side of things. I'll ask her when she gets home if it's something she'd be interested in~.

And from those who've played so far... Is this game completely devoid of tanks and healers? Because I generally do not like to play a tank or a healer, but I will if I have to - I'd rather not be pure dps if it means I'm not going to get into any parties ever. But if it isn't necessary, I was looking at the White Lion class - any good?

Top Bottom