• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhammer Online, The Official Thread of Destruction vs Order

Sullen

Tamanon said:
To be fair, that seems to be a pretty underleveled group you faced:p

And are the servers down for everybody? I hate not having official forums.

Yeah the servers are down for about an hour and a half.

And yeah, pretty low level group we went up against. My numbers are usually closer to 50k/50k, but I was able to get away with more damage on that one because of how low they were.

I ran two wings of Altdorf Sewers last night with some guildies. The first wing (on your left as you exit from the flight master) was pretty simple tank and spank fare, level 14 or so mobs. Also pretty short.

The second one...well, Mythic really doesn't ease you into shit. Even though I was level 22 and most of the mobs were 18-20, there were some pulls with ridiculous directional AOE damage, groups with a "master" that would randomly tell the other mobs in the group to attack a single target (and you can't taunt off them), bosses that do the same thing but don't announce who they're sending them to attack to, a dual boss fight and both drop little AOE runes on the ground that continuously tick for 100 damage (we didn't realize this until about the second time we fought it, having 8+ of them around your group will end things pretty quick), other pulls that spawns new mobs at a fairly fast rate and the spawns have verrrry high HP, and an end boss that we sorta exploited to beat on accident (you're supposed to fight him in his room and he spawns waves of critters. We didn't realize this until after we beat him and went into the room to check it out and like 50 of the things just ripped one of my guildies apart).

It's not stuff that takes too much to figure out if you're an experienced MMO player, but it's a really big step up in encounter complexity for only the second Order instance.

BobLoblaw

Banned
Tamanon said:
To be fair, that seems to be a pretty underleveled group you faced:p

And are the servers down for everybody? I hate not having official forums.
I just tried to log in and got nothing. Fuck.

RiverBed

Banned
help!

I just got the game DVD and installed it. when creating a master account, I entered my product registration code (game code?) and then they said chose your account type and gave me one option: retail/ 1 month (or something like that).

before the final step, they asked if I want to pay the monthly fees via game cards or credit card. when I chose game cards it said enter the code. but where is my one month free play? it will not let me continue till I either enter a game card key or my cc info. why is that? can't I play for the first month for free and worry about my next month later?

cheers.

Tamanon

Banned
RiverBed said:
help!

I just got the game DVD and installed it. when creating a master account, I entered my product registration code (game code?) and then they said chose your account type and gave me one option: retail/ 1 month (or something like that).

before the final step, they asked if I want to pay the monthly fees via game cards or credit card. when I chose game cards it said enter the code. but where is my one month free play? it will not let me continue till I either enter a game card key or my cc info. why is that? can't I play for the first month for free and worry about my next month later?

cheers.

You have to enter a credit card or game card. You won't be charged until 30 days though. You still get 30 days free, they just need a method of payment on there.

RiverBed

Banned
okay, so I entered my cc and it worked. but what if I want to change to game cards later and stop using my cc, can I do that?
I entered to my account info and it only give me the option of canceling my account or changing my billing cycle between 1, 2 or 3 months.

You can do that. When you enter in a new game card code it'll simply just add days to your "subscription time left" or whatever it says there.

Tamanon

Banned
Yup you can change it. I just logged in and when you go to update subscription, you can select billing from the menu and it allows you to switch CCs or to a game card.

RiverBed

Banned
oh, okay. I don't want to be billed every month. I might skip a couple of months every now and then. so if I use my cc, I won't be charged each month automatically?

sorry for the stupid questions. first MMO timer, here. :)

Some close scores..

Literally we were down 470 - 350.. but ended up just magically coming back.. Our whole guild was "HOLY SHITTING" the whole time..
2enbady.jpg

This was was holy shit crazy.

We ran out of time on Phoenix and won by 1 point :lol

20gk3yu.jpg

Twig

Banned
RiverBed said:
oh, okay. I don't want to be billed every month. I might skip a couple of months every now and then. so if I use my cc, I won't be charged each month automatically?

sorry for the stupid questions. first MMO timer, here. :)
I haven't looked into the details, but I'm sure it's the same as other MMOs - you will have to cancel manually before the subscription is renewed if you don't want to pay for a month.

If you cancel the CC subscription and then add a gamecard, however, once the gamecard time runs out, you won't have to worry about being automatically charged, because your CC will be removed from their system.

(That's the usual fair. Again, I doubt WAR deviates from this formula, but it's entirely possible, I suppose!)

Chris R

Shiiiiiiiiiiit Amazon... can't play until my copy shows up now :( and it says its in Deleware... and hasn't moved for 4 days now :( Going to take forever for it to show up in Alaska :(

grate

rhfb said:
Shiiiiiiiiiiit Amazon... can't play until my copy shows up now :( and it says its in Deleware... and hasn't moved for 4 days now :( Going to take forever for it to show up in Alaska :(

I fail to see how the shipping company holding your package for four days is amazon's fault?

I'm pretty close to deciding that the warrior priest is the best mmo class I've ever played.

Sure the wrath mastery line is useless for rvr atm, knockback isn't until lvl40 and survivability is slightly suspect (thos witches are overpowered damn it)

but, theres just so much to do at all times you are kept busy, really have to pay attention to whats actually going on in the battle, who is getting hit, how you yourself is holding up and whats about to happen as well.

Oh and guys theres 6 tier3 scenarios, tor anroc hugely favours Destruction bleh.

Azwethinkweiz said:
Are you guys still on skull throne? My guild just moved to the clone and I don't want to do 3 days worth of leveling again.
Yes we are.

My Squig Herder is 19.. I'm having such a blast with him.. I'm at 540+ pts in ballistics

Weenerz

Banned
grate said:
I fail to see how the shipping company holding your package for four days is amazon's fault?

They could have shipped the game out early like they usually do for people. I'm sure they don't shit the game the date it is released, probably a day or two early so its there on launch day. I might be mistaken because I usually just get the games locally and haven't order from Amazon.com

Dina

Any Archmages here? I'm thinking of going in the Asuryan tree for dmg while soloing, but in scenario's I actually have given up on doing any kind of competitive damage. In what tree (heal, dmg, disrupt/debuff) are you guys leveling? Shamans can also apply :)

bogg

Anyone having performance issues?I'm getting these random slowdowns sometimes, for example last night I was doing some RvR, there were probably 50 people there and everything was running smooth. Later that night I was doing a pq with like 10 people and I was getting slowdown. Really annoying.

JoeMartin

bogg said:
Anyone having performance issues?I'm getting these random slowdowns sometimes, for example last night I was doing some RvR, there were probably 50 people there and everything was running smooth. Later that night I was doing a pq with like 10 people and I was getting slowdown. Really annoying.

I'm almost positive there's memory leaks in the game. Got close to 1.4gb last night which is completely retarded. I have to restart the game every couple of hours or so because it'll slow down to a crawl if I don't.

bogg

You could be right, If I remember correctly these slowdowns start a couple of hours after I start playing.
I'm running on the EU version btw, don't know if there is any real diffrence but I do believe they handle the patches a bit diffrent.
On another note, I also upgraded to a HD4850 and I can finally play on high quality. The game is looking much better now. :)

JoeMartin

bogg said:
You could be right, If I remember correctly these slowdowns start a couple of hours after I start playing.
I'm running on the EU version btw, don't know if there is any real diffrence but I do believe they handle the patches a bit diffrent.
On another note, I also upgraded to a HD4850 and I can finally play on high quality. The game is looking much better now. :)

Yeah it's a good looking game at higher settings. Pre-release screenshots did it no justice at all.

What I'm baffled by is how poor the performance is. If the "unoptimized mess" that is Crysis can pull of 30-40 fps and look like a fucking rock star what the hell is this engine doing?

My hardware is no slouch either. E8400 + 4gb of RAM + 4850 OC'd should never be slowing down to a slideshow.

Truant

The performance is fine on my machine.

HOWEVER, stability is not. I constantly get disconnected and thrown back into the character select screen. I tried the tips in the GOA FAQ, to no avail. The strange thing is that if I restart the game after the first crash, it's stable again.

Atrophis

Ostland is the worse offender so far. Game performance is fine everywhere else apart from there (im thinking its because of the tree's).

Currently R18 RR15, progressing slowely as not been able to play as much as i'd like. There's some pretty evil queues on my server too, which is not helping.

Twig

Banned
JoeMartin said:
90% of the time it is for me too. I feel like it just runs into a point where someone cuts its legs off and it starts crawling on me.
Yeah, after I play for a long while, it does the same for me.

Like, when I first start, I'm at 60+fps (sometimes 70+), but I noticed the number falling down as I play more and more.

Of course, the game usually just randomly crashes before I get down to about 40. |:

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
I have a complaint about the heals. They are too powerful. I see a healer, and a tank coming at me. Of course Im going to go after the healer, but whats the point? By the time you get them down to a fraction of health they pull out a heal and there back to near full energy. All the while the orc is raping me from behind with his axe. They need to give Sword Masters a move that can disrupt a magical attack to balance it out. Im sure its the same for Runepriests too.

And what is with that invisibilty shit that destruction has on there side. You think you are guarding the flag pretty well, and all of a sudden miss invisibilty has the flag in their hand.

Speaking of technical problems, so far ive run into:

- Huge Black square in the radar section
- Grass becomes a bright Green Texture
- Sometimes (especially in the Liar of the Dead PQ) there are enemies that you have trouble targeting. Instead of getting the red circle under them, you get the white circle and you have a hell of a time before the ga,e allows you to hit them.

Other than that, great game :)

Won

The taunt is an interrupt, if that helps you. But still, heals really are too powerful.....it often sucks the fun out of scenarios. :(

Twig

Banned
Well.

I just started up the game about ten times in a row and it crashed immediately. Same type of crashing as usual, just much, much faster.

At this point, it's gotta be my computer, I guess.

Fuck.

nataku

Had an awesome round this morning with my Warrior Priest. 40k damage and 40k healing. Finally hit 20, too. I can't wait to try out my group wide 150ft range heal... only a 2 second cooldown.

VaelyrisF_030.jpg

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
So I've PQ'd it up quite a bit since last posting, and I've gotten some pretty decent loot - so far I've only ever seen 3 blue loot bags drop, and have gotten one of them (the blue in them is pretty damn good though). Looked up look bags and this is what I found:

There are several types of loot bags: Minor Loot Bag (White), Lesser Loot Bag (Green), Greater Loot Bag (Blue), Major Loot Bag (Purple), and Massive Loot Bag (Yellow). Minor Loot Bags usually only contain white normal items. Lesser Loot Bags usually contain a green magic item. Greater Loot Bags usually contain a blue and a green magic item for the player to choose from. Major Loot bags usually contain a purple and a blue magic item for the player to choose from. Massive Loot Bags usually contain a class set piece, a purple item and a blue item for the player to choose from.

I still don't know if there is a pattern with the colour of the bag or if it's random that's a question I'd like to know.

Edit: Looking it up on the WarDB - it seems to be random. At around level 7 PQ's you can start getting Massive loot bags (but not Major apparently which is weird, but probably just means WarDB hasn't seen it yet). Still trying to see if theres a pattern, like particular PQ's that drop better loot more often.

Ferrio

Banned
Won said:
The taunt is an interrupt, if that helps you. But still, heals really are too powerful.....it often sucks the fun out of scenarios. :(

That's one of the best things in the game. Healers aren't instant fodder, really... being a healer in WoW is pretty damn depressing. In this game you actually have a chance.

bogg

Holy shit at that 94k heal. I have been playing a shit load of scenarios and the highest I have seen was around 60k. Respect.
Your 40k dmg 40k heal is pretty damn impressive too. :)
Fuck I need to find a good guild to roll with.

Xater

Ok I have a problem with a quest maybe someone here can help me out. This is going to be complicated because my game is in german and changing it to english did nothing for the quests...

I am in the Dark Elves teritory and the name of the quest translatesd is "Beyond the Griffon Gate". I should kill Alleria (done) and the somewhere in those ruins read some scripture I got from here. The problem is I have no idea where though. There is an altar but it doesn't work there. I really want to find those Ellyrion rolls.

Twig

Banned
Xater said:
Ok I have a problem with a quest maybe someone here can help me out. This is going to be complicated because my game is in german and changing it to english did nothing for the quests...

I am in the Dark Elves teritory and the name of the quest translatesd is "Beyond the Griffon Gate". I should kill Alleria (done) and the somewhere in those ruins read some scripture I got from here. The problem is I have no idea where though. There is an altar but it doesn't work there. I really want to find those Ellyrion rolls.
I haven't done the quest, but... maybe you can find something here? http://www.wardb.com/

Ferrio said:
That's one of the best things in the game. Healers aren't instant fodder, really... being a healer in WoW is pretty damn depressing. In this game you actually have a chance.
exactly the reason why I love it, When I played wow back in the day as my warrior the instant I seen a priest I got a woody because it was a free kill.

Are we ever going to be able to dye capes? I found a cape in a drop last night, my dwarf is dyed yellow but the cape is reddish/pink. Looks lame as fuck.

Twig

Banned
Bumblebeetuna said:
Are we ever going to be able to dye capes? I found a cape in a drop last night, my dwarf is dyed yellow but the cape is reddish/pink. Looks lame as fuck.
Once your guild is a high enough level, you can put your guild heraldry on it.

But I dunno about dye.

Personally, I'm more bothered by the fact that you can dye SOME items, but not OTHERS. Like... I had an old belt dyed, and got a new belt, but couldn't dye it. ):

Top Bottom