• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhammer Online, The Official Thread of Destruction vs Order

Twig

Banned
Tamanon said:
It's the opposite. All races are going to have 4 classes supposedly, just patched in later.
Actually, Mythic has pretty much said the dropped classes likely won't show up later down the line. (Though it's still a possibility.)

Unless they changed something recently?

Won

Man that server cloning sure did nothing today. Old servers still have the same queues and the new servers were the very definition of empty. I will watch how it develops, but so far they solved nothing and added yet another bunch of underpopulated servers.

mr stroke

eznark said:
While it may be kind of boring without the higher level skills, PvP makes leveling fast as hell. Most fun way to grind ever.

So you can lvl while just killing other players? I asume you get can get exp for CTF,RVR,etc.?

TheExodu5 said:
Sounds good.

Anoter minor balance gripe just looking at the manual, comes from Elves vs. Dark Elves. Elves don't have a tank class, while Dark Elves have all 4 classes.
Yea thats another thing they are adding.. Not all classes got in..

Like Greenskins don't have a melee DPS (Choppa) etc.. some classes are missing in the game.. but are gonna be patched in when complete.

Twig

Banned
Again, when the classes were first removed, Mythic said they likely weren't coming back. Cities yes, classes no. Did something change? new interview?
Won said:
Man that server cloning sure did nothing today. Old servers still have the same queues and the new servers were the very definition of empty. I will watch how it develops, but so far they solved nothing and added yet another bunch of underpopulated servers.
Well, it was a good idea, at least. Just... no one WANTS to leave.

Shrug.

eznark

Banned
TheOneGuy said:
Actually, Mythic has pretty much said the dropped classes likely won't show up later down the line. (Though it's still a possibility.)

Unless they changed something recently?

Some Mythic guys have been all over the place this week on various podcasts. Sounds like classes will be added back in.

Twig

Banned
eznark said:
Some Mythic guys have been all over the place this week on various podcasts. Sounds like classes will be added back in.
Good news.

Second choppa hits, I'm abandoning everything else. ):<

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Holy crap - people pay a mint for good quality potions on the AH - I keep making really good potions way above my level (like level 30 potions and stuff) and I toss them on the AH for a nice markup, and they sell pretty damn quick. Gogo crafting paying off.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Funny thing our guild already captured a keep and it's burning our fucking pockets right now! T3 we had to raise our taxes to 40% it takes fucking 6 gold everyone hour! hehe some good shit right there man.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
destruction completely and utterly dominates our server. it appears our guild alliance is the onlt ones ever trying to take keeps bback.

So today my guild tried Mount Gunbad for reals and I've gotta eat some crow. I said the dungeon aesthetic (based on my impressions of the very first PQ on one of the wings) and when I really went down the other wings tonight, my opinion completely changed:

mountgunbad699.jpg

I find the look and placement of goblin houses and shit pretty appealing, personally.

Some more info on how the Realm Instanced Dungeons work (like Mount Gunbad). Basically, as you travel down each wing, you do a PQ that basically revolves around you killing the trash mobs and eventually spawning a boss, that is essentially a mini boss. You kill the boss, do the PQ loot roll thing, then continue down the wing which begins another PQ with a different boss, etc. Basically, take the standard instanced dungeon design and add the PQ stuff leading up and including each little mini boss. Then, at the end, there's another instance portal. The instance portal leads to the big bad wing boss and you can only take a 6 man in there, and each person in that 6 man must have the proper amount of influence (1 bar, 2 bars, max influence) to get into that specific wing. Didn't get to check out any of the wing bosses because we didn't really have any DPS that was of a high enough level to make a serious effort at it.

I find it pretttty awesome. Also, all the quests for Mount Gunbad (besides the quests that tell you HEY GO TO GUNBAD) are inside the dungeon, right at the beginning. There's at least like 13-14 of them, and they all give some pretty nice xp, 6-10+ k.

I still don't think PvE will be too much of a factor at the end game, but Mythic's definitely got some really great PvE ideas here.

Adent said:
How do I join the Destruction Guild on Skull Throne? Who do I contact?
Really isnt an official one but a few are in Lords of Destruction...

PM Hartsock .. I won't be online until sometime tomorrow evening.

TheExodu5

Banned
Is there any point to me joining the official GAF guild? Are people still playing? If not, any other people with a moderately established guild want to take on a newby (WoW vet).

I'm having a bit of trouble locating quest objectives. Well first off, the quest icons on the map for accepted quests and available quests are too close in color (I'm color blind, and it's sometimes hard to tell which one the icon is without a point of reference). Second, I was under the impression the map showed you where to go for quests...but I don't see any icons pointing to quest objectives. I hovered over an area of the map and it indicated the objective progress, but there was nothing visible on the map to indicate that I should look there. Am I missing something?

M.J. Doja

Banned
TheExodu5 said:
Is there any point to me joining the official GAF guild? Are people still playing? If not, any other people with a moderately established guild want to take on a newby (WoW vet).

I'm having a bit of trouble locating quest objectives. Well first off, the quest icons on the map for accepted quests and available quests are too close in color (I'm color blind, and it's sometimes hard to tell which one the icon is without a point of reference). Second, I was under the impression the map showed you where to go for quests...but I don't see any icons pointing to quest objectives. I hovered over an area of the map and it indicated the objective progress, but there was nothing visible on the map to indicate that I should look there. Am I missing something?

join any guild that will take you

TheExodu5 said:

the gaf order guild on averheim is active and we'll take you

TheExodu5 said:

May be your color blindless effecting it but on maps when a quest objective is to be done in an area.. it will red bubble an area on the map for you to go too and collect kills or waht not.. then if you complete it the return person area will be red bubbled as well..

Impressions:

I have a lvl 9 Rune Priest and a lvl 9 Sorcerer. I pretty much just constantly que for scenarios while hunting or questing inbetween. The Khaine's embrace scenario generally works well except there seems to be a small balance issue.

Khaine's embrace pugs consist of 95% elves/dark elves, and the elf race classes seem more well-rounded than dark elf. Dark elves have a ranged DPS, melee DPS and a melee DPS/healer. elves have a healer, ranged DPS, Tank, and melee DPS. When you look at what classes are actually popular, most pugs are about half sorcerers and half witch elves, so no tanks and no healers. This makes it very difficult for dark elves. We can fight decently enough, but when it comes to territory, we can't be aggressive or anthing. A team of sorcerers and witch elves only do well if they stay back and take pot shots. We can't take flags and so we can't win scenarios, even though from a strict combat perspective the two races are pretty even.

eznark

Banned
Last night I spent the night getting some influence in the chapter 7 PQ in barak vaar (?) and watching the Brewers game. After killing about 200 raiders and taking down the warrior I finally completely filled the influence meter right about the time Ryan Braun hit a grand slam to win the game. It was so f'ing awesome.

Anyway, I flew home to Milwaukee this morning (about 3.5 hours after turning the game off last night) to watch the final series and I gotta say, I am missing Warhammer a lot, which is about as ringing an endorsement as I can give a game. I haven't even gotten to kill anyone with my dope ass hammer yet, damn it!

fallout

Teknopathetic said:
I find it pretttty awesome. Also, all the quests for Mount Gunbad (besides the quests that tell you HEY GO TO GUNBAD) are inside the dungeon, right at the beginning. There's at least like 13-14 of them, and they all give some pretty nice xp, 6-10+ k.
That is fucking sweet.

TheExodu5

Banned
TurtleSnatcher said:
May be your color blindless effecting it but on maps when a quest objective is to be done in an area.. it will red bubble an area on the map for you to go too and collect kills or waht not.. then if you complete it the return person area will be red bubbled as well..

Yeah I had a slight sense of some red bubbling, but it's not overly apparent to me. Red doesn't stick out as much as other colors for me. I wonder if a user mod out there fixes this. The problem was mainly that it was red bubbling on a green background (since I'm red/green colorblind, similar shades don't really stand out from one another).

Macattk15

By clicking on the ability the next time you have a point to spend. You have to actually spend 5 points to get up TO the ability .... then a 6th to learn it.

Adent

Can't manage for sh!t
I move to make Averhym the official Neo Gaf Warhammer server for both order and chaos. Since there isn't any sort of Chaos guild set up Skull Throne there isn't any reason to have two different servers.

Adent said:
I move to make Averhym the official Neo Gaf Warhammer server for both order and chaos. Since there isn't any sort of Chaos guild set up Skull Throne there isn't any reason to have two different servers.
Um... you do realize that everyone who is on Destruction (Please don't call it Chaos.. we aren't 1 freaking race here..) has already rolled their servers so no one is going to just stop and jump aboard this idea.

Adent said:
Why were two different servers chosen if destruction wasn't even going to form a guild?
Some guy said Skull Throne for Destruction.. a few went but not many.. it wasn't really 'official' for anything on destruction side. More people on GAF wanted to roll Order.

Tamanon

Banned
Adent said:

Only problem is that means no GAFfer can be in both guilds:p You can't make any destro on a server you have order on!

Zek

Contempt For Challenge
I think Mythic has been pretty confident that the class gaps in the races will be filled, whether or not it's with the old ones being brought back. I think there's a good chance we'll see the Knight of the Blazing Sun and the Blackguard brought back, since they're mirrors of existing classes and also pretty cool, IIRC they were removed just due to not being finished. Hammerers and Choppas, on the other hand, were removed because they were boring. I think they'll probably be replaced with different MDPS classes.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Really enjoying my Zealot now, with some better gear and the +25% damage tactic I can actually kill stuff in a reasonable amount of time. Got to love it when about seven people try and kill a tank and I'm just sitting there spamming heals on him for like five minutes.

Tamanon

Banned
Ikuu said:
Really enjoying my Zealot now, with some better gear and the +25% damage tactic I can actually kill stuff in a reasonable amount of time. Got to love it when about seven people try and kill a tank and I'm just sitting there spamming heals on him for like five minutes.

Yeah I don't get that in RvR. I was playing a scenario last night where there was a group of 6 Destruction guys trying to kill a Swordmaster, there were 3 healers keeping him up and 3 ranged slowly picking off one of them at a time.

I mean, I get when that happens in PvE, but generally tanks are the last thing I try to kill.:lol

Twig

Banned
I am about to destroy my computer. I am seriously getting sick of the game just dropping to desktop seemingly at random right in the middle of a scenario, or PQ, or huge keep battle. Not to mention the countless times it's done it when nothing important is going on. But at least then I can hop right back in. OH WAIT, NO I CAN'T, because it just crashed twice in a row in the exact same manner at the character select screen.

Mother shit.

):

On a happier note: Tier 3 keeps are HUGE what the hell. Can't wait to see Tier 4. D:

JoeMartin

TheOneGuy said:
I am about to destroy my computer. I am seriously getting sick of the game just dropping to desktop seemingly at random right in the middle of a scenario, or PQ, or huge keep battle. Not to mention the countless times it's done it when nothing important is going on. But at least then I can hop right back in. OH WAIT, NO I CAN'T, because it just crashed twice in a row in the exact same manner at the character select screen.

Mother shit.

):

On a happier note: Tier 3 keeps are HUGE what the hell. Can't wait to see Tier 4. D:

I don't think I've ever had the game crash on me. Are you sure it's the game and not a hardware problem?

Tamanon

Banned
JoeMartin said:
I don't think I've ever had the game crash on me. Are you sure it's the game and not a hardware problem?

It's a memory leak in the game, mine crashes occasionally when I first log in.

Cheeto

Speaking of performance issues. I was getting slideshow performance in scenarios and other RVR quests with a lot of people in it. Like 2 second hitches here and there, and 10fps gameplay thereafter. My system is pretty beefy and shouldn't have a problem with this game.

Come to find out, the game automatically uses 16x AF filter, and that is what was causing the problem. So if any of you are having similar issues, go into your display driver control panel (Nvidia Control Panel or ATI catalyst control) and override application settings and set the AF lower or disable it all together. You'll see 60+ FPS gains.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Cheeto said:
Speaking of performance issues. I was getting slideshow performance in scenarios and other RVR quests with a lot of people in it. Like 2 second hitches here and there, and 10fps gameplay thereafter. My system is pretty beefy and shouldn't have a problem with this game.

Come to find out, the game automatically uses 16x AF filter, and that is what was causing the problem. So if any of you are having similar issues, go into your display driver control panel (Nvidia Control Panel or ATI catalyst control) and override application settings and set the AF lower or disable it all together. You'll see 60+ FPS gains.

Can you post a pic of what you did? I have almost everything forced off on my driver settings with the Nvidia control panel. I have a good system it's decent but I have everything on fucking low in game and I had to lower the resolution from 1280x1024 to 1024x768 and I still get shitty ass lag.

I have 2.8 Dual core cpu Pentium D, 3 gigs of ram running at 667mhz, and a 8600gts with 512 of Vram. I am running the latest drivers from nvidia and like I said I have everything forced off in the control panel and everything set to fastest frame rate in game. Yet I still get a fucking slide show in scenarios and open rvr. The lowering of the resolution helped a bit and I think the problem is the graphics card it's self that is why I am thinking of buy the Nvidia 260gtx.

Twig

Banned
JoeMartin said:
Well, I'm pretty sure it's a combination of both.

I've been having a multitude of hardware problems for a while. But at the same time, I've read a ton about Tamanon's memory leak.

Whatever it is, it's infuriating.

Cheeto

Elbrain said:
Can you post a pic of what you did? I have almost everything forced off on my driver settings with the Nvidia control panel. I have a good system it's decent but I have everything on fucking low in game and I had to lower the resolution from 1280x1024 to 1024x768 and I still get shitty ass lag.

I have 2.8 Dual core cpu Pentium D, 3 gigs of ram running at 667mhz, and a 8600gts with 512 of Vram. I am running the latest drivers from nvidia and like I said I have everything forced off in the control panel and everything set to fastest frame rate in game. Yet I still get a fucking slide show in scenarios and open rvr. The lowering of the resolution helped a bit and I think the problem is the graphics card it's self that is why I am thinking of buy the Nvidia 260gtx.
It's obviously going to look different in your control panel, but the important part was unchecking 'Use Application Settings'. I believe it is 'override app settings' in Nvidia's panel if I remember correctly.
2vtz952.jpg

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Where do I send my check sir? This recommendation is gold.

I am getting a patch error. It is telling me to try again later. :(

godhandiscen said:
Where do I send my check sir? This recommendation is gold.

I am getting a patch error. It is telling me to try again later. :(

On the username/password window check the box "full system check" and try again.

Top Bottom