• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhammer Online, The Official Thread of Destruction vs Order

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
JoeMartin said:
All of Order GAF rolled on Averheim (where we have a relatively successful guild going for our size).

what classes are you lacking numbers in?

M.J. Doja

Banned
otake said:
what classes are you lacking numbers in?

no class is severely lacking. play what you think you will be best at.

i made a rune priest, and you can too. but its not necessary since there are already a couple in the guild, you could also make an archmage if you want to be a healer. healers are useful.. so is a good bw or wh.

take a good look at the choices and descriptions and go4it

I loved my bugged helm

GhostridahnM_066.jpg

Kade

Hammer said:
I think we would really benefit from this. Obviously this will help later on during larger Rvr scenarios, but having a vent server to idle in during off times can be fun as well. :D

IP: 76.74.141.132
Port: 3998

I made a Warhammer channel and I'll give admin to whoever is running the guild.

Hammer

Pyroteknikz said:
IP: 76.74.141.132
Port: 3998

I made a Warhammer channel and I'll give admin to whoever is running the guild.

Awesome! Thanks a ton. I'll hop in and idle later this evening, but since I broke my Mic awhile back, it may be a few days before I go get a replacement; I tend to get very lethargic after work. :lol

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
I am building a new comp for this game guys tell me if these part are good for all max settings with a 1280x1024 res, keep in mind I am going on a cheap here for now with certain parts since I need money to live as well.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813188026 - mother board

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115037 - cpu

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130370 - gpu

Already have 3 gigs of ram that I will be using for this comp so yeah.

bathala

Banned
I hope this will my 1st MMO (tried WoW trial didn't like it)

WAR seems to have alot of variey RvR, Public Quest, and i read from IGN that its possible to do alot of quest by yourself.

So i want to do some lone wolf quest which class suits me?

otake

M.J. Doja said:
no class is severely lacking. play what you think you will be best at.

i made a rune priest, and you can too. but its not necessary since there are already a couple in the guild, you could also make an archmage if you want to be a healer. healers are useful.. so is a good bw or wh.

take a good look at the choices and descriptions and go4it

im in the gaf order server. made a dwarf ironbreaker and took him to lvl 7 tonight. how do I join the guild. my brother is there also, he's an engineer of same level.

Elbrain said:
I am building a new comp for this game guys tell me if these part are good for all max settings with a 1280x1024 res, keep in mind I am going on a cheap here for now with certain parts since I need money to live as well.

that should more than fit your needs.

M.J. Doja

Banned
otake said:
im in the gaf order server. made a dwarf ironbreaker and took him to lvl 7 tonight. how do I join the guild. my brother is there also, he's an engineer of same level.

do a "/who Guild of the Forever" and pm somebody on that list, probably the highest level would do.

get in! theres always people scenario-ing in every tier.

M.J. Doja

Banned
Elbrain said:

you gonna be cruisin, other than the random hiccups when the game is being a Bee-yotch.

Karg

Loving this game.....just ran a Phoenix Gate scenario, I swore I was the only healer. Gobby Shaman for the win!

dfgvr.jpg

Dina

Lvl 20 now, just went into Avelorn. Lvling speed is kinda nice, haven't been out of High Elf zones yet. Doing scenarios with questing helps a lot.

But goddamn Tor Anroc is horrible. Order doesn't have nearly enough tanks to hold the bauble, knockbacks are all over the place, lava is the #1 killer and the damage the archmage does is laughable at best. His healing is okay, I guess, but I didn't roll an archmage just to play a healbot.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Tor Anroc is a goddamn toilet. There are SIX scenarios in Tier 3, yet thats the only one that pops on my server.

Atrophis

Trying to sort out my chat filters was driving me crazy. I want all spam in one box and all chat in another, yet no matter what i do, loot spam ends up in my chat window :( Anyone know a way to filter it out?

Everdred

So how do we go about becoming members instead of newbs in the guild? I've been a in it since the creation of my first character (I'm at 14 now) and play every day.

otake

Elbrain said:

its amazing what competition will do. seeing the gtx series provide this kind of muscle at such a low price is an incredible thing. we have to thank ati for that. I'm jealous of your cpu choice....

Dina said:
Lvl 20 now, just went into Avelorn. Lvling speed is kinda nice, haven't been out of High Elf zones yet. Doing scenarios with questing helps a lot.

But goddamn Tor Anroc is horrible. Order doesn't have nearly enough tanks to hold the bauble, knockbacks are all over the place, lava is the #1 killer and the damage the archmage does is laughable at best. His healing is okay, I guess, but I didn't roll an archmage just to play a healbot.
Please don whine because the same happens for Destruction.. usually a marauder since they have charge and run away.. and they arent exactly magical tanks either.

Jube3

I really like Tor Anroc, its too bad the population of white lions on my server is pretty rare. Let alone have WLs who are specd into pounce who can get the orb fast enough. I love the knockbacks in it though, I just wish they would either fix the dot tick debuff so it always goes off or make the bauble not spawn until 30 seconds - 1 minute into the game.

nataku

Atrophis said:
Trying to sort out my chat filters was driving me crazy. I want all spam in one box and all chat in another, yet no matter what i do, loot spam ends up in my chat window :( Anyone know a way to filter it out?

Pretty sure loot spam is tied to the Say filter.

Dina

TurtleSnatcher said:
Please don whine because the same happens for Destruction.. usually a marauder since they have charge and run away.. and they arent exactly magical tanks either.

Too bad Black Orcs/Chosen are indefinately more popular then Iron Breakers/Swordmasters will ever be.

Dina said:
Too bad Black Orcs/Chosen are indefinately more popular then Iron Breakers/Swordmasters will ever be.
That has nothing to do with imbalance..

wtf

Either way all the Tor Anroc games I'm in.. I get steam rolled.. I win only about 20% of the games I'm in.

I still enjoy it because its fun and its better xp then quest grinding. With the two quests in Averlorn .. I can get like 2000 xp in game.. then another 2000 for finishing the scenario.. and then another 2200 for killing 20 people (this sometimes takes 2-3 games)

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
otake said:
its amazing what competition will do. seeing the gtx series provide this kind of muscle at such a low price is an incredible thing. we have to thank ati for that. I'm jealous of your cpu choice....

Yep yep that is why I am buying the thing awesome price man and has some power behind it.

otake

i will join gaf order guild tonight. name is portage.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
OK I tried a Shadow Warrior for about 4 levels, then promptly deleted him. I now have a level 5 Ironbreaker on Avereim, he's much more fun.

Dina

TurtleSnatcher said:
That has nothing to do with imbalance..

wtf

But it screws up every 'hold this item' scenario. Phoenix Gate suffers from this, Tor Anroc suffers from this, I can't start to fathom what other scenario's will suffer from this. Let alone end-game city siege, where the side with the highest population got the upside, let alone having popular tank classes as opposed to unpopular tank classes.

Dina said:
But it screws up every 'hold this item' scenario. Phoenix Gate suffers from this, Tor Anroc suffers from this, I can't start to fathom what other scenario's will suffer from this. Let alone end-game city siege, where the side with the highest population got the upside, let alone having popular tank classes as opposed to unpopular tank classes.
Destruction alone is more popular.. its obvious .. but to say specific tanks are more popular seems a bit farfetched.

I see plenty of Swordsman and Ironbreakers in my game but I won't go off to say one is more plentiful then the other. Its all the luck of the draw of what you get in scenarios.

Iron Breakers are probably the best tank in the game even compared to Destruction options I personally think.

EDIT: Good move on the scenario queuing from anywhere.. but I will still stay in Averlorn when I queue for Tor Anroc. The 2 quests that feed in 2000 + 2200xp make the run so completely worth it.. even if you lose.

Sometimes you can pull only 1500 xp when losing.. and with those 2 quests or even 1.. it equals at least 1 quest completion in about 7 mins.. which isnt too shabby! :D

Draft

No dude, you are not paying attention if you don't see the tank class imbalance.

Many dudes went into Warhammer wanting to play Orcs. The only Orc you can play is a tank. Not nearly as many people want to play Dwarves or Elves. That was a botch on Mythic's part, imo. Should have axed one of the existing Order tanks and gotten an Empire one on the roster. You'd see more Order tanks then, I think.

Draft

No dude, you are not paying attention if you don't see the tank class imbalance.

Many dudes went into Warhammer wanting to play Orcs. The only Orc you can play is a tank. Not nearly as many people want to play Dwarves or Elves. That was a botch on Mythic's part, imo. Should have axed one of the existing Order tanks and gotten an Empire one on the roster. You'd see more Order tanks then, I think.

edit: It's not that there's an imbalance between Swordsman and Ironbreakers. It's that a lot of Chaos players chose to roll Black Orcs, because they are the only orc and orcs are bad ass. Comparatively, not as many people chose to roll Ironbreakers or Sword Masters.

Draft said:

Well.. my guild is almost lvl 13..

http://www.wardb.com/guild.aspx?id=1527#guild-roster:0+2-3

About 140+ strong..

And BO's population in my guild is below DoK, Sorceror, Chosen, Marauder, Shaman...

Honestly I don't see many BO's. Green Skins were suppose to be the most popular but when they took out Choppa which is the defining class of the Green Skins then many people flocked for other options.

Flesh Into Gear said:
Guild of the Forever on Averheim. do /who and then the guild name i think

or /who asterisk since he's always on ;)

yeah... feel free to message me anytime if any gaffer wants to join the guild.

Notice anything missing from this picture?
AsteriskM_183.jpg

A very important piece of the set. The chestpiece of the Devastator set only drops from GOLD bags in t3 Keep sieges. It's a bummer that I'll likely never be able to finish the set, the other three of which are easy to get. They should make a gold drop every time so if you do a lot of keep sieges you will at least have a decent chance of acquiring the missing piece. It's also frustrating cause since working on my renown and using this gear, my performance has actually gone down, or at least tapered off.

So if anybody hears of any t3 keep sieges, let me know please. I'd like not only to look for that gear, but also to put up a fight and show Averheim destro that they don't own everything. . .

Although they obviously think they do. Last night some folks took a keep, and I joined for an epic defense, and not entirely epic fail. It took them about an hour to reclaim the keep, in which time we defended the outer walls through several rebuilds of the door. We had lost some numbers and once they made it in -- I'd never seen anything like it. It was a mad surge. We held our ground in a last chance attempt at defending the inner keep as they took down the lord and claimed it, once again, as their own. Can't say I blame 'em. I wonder if a gold bag dropped.

AsteriskM_184.jpg

keep defense in the Badlands

Chris R

Won said:
Wait! Since when can you queue up for every scenario from everywhere?
OMG really? :D I hated having to go to a warcamp to go to nordland to queue up for a quick timer :( Now it isn't a problem :)

rhfb said:
OMG really? :D I hated having to go to a warcamp to go to nordland to queue up for a quick timer :( Now it isn't a problem :)

Wow, that is awesome indeed!

I would also like it if they added this feature when searching for open parties. Then you could find a warband globally, and I wouldn't have to go around looking for a robustly populated RvR group or PQ.

M.J. Doja

Banned
whiterabbit said:
Wow, that is awesome indeed!

I would also like it if they added this feature when searching for open parties. Then you could find a warband globally, and I wouldn't have to go around looking for a robustly populated RvR group or PQ.

h0t nite elv man!

I just wanted to post my utterly dominating performance in Stonetroll from earlier tonight. Suck it, order! In related news, Chosen is awesome (as is getting 12,500xp for a scenario:D ).

stonetroll1.jpg

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Russian Steve said:
How is the PVP combat different from WoW?

- Player Collision. Means people can't jump back and forth through you. Also means tanks can actually "hold the line" so to speak.
- Tanks actually play like tanks, complete with taunting.
- People have enough health to survive more then a few seconds. Makes each fight feel more meaningful.
- World PVP, including full blown siege warfare. Catapults, boiling oil, battering rams, the whole nine yards.
- Absolutely tons more PVP content then WoW. Like truck tons more.

Top Bottom