• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhammer Online, The Official Thread of Destruction vs Order

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Mr. Bunnies said:
On the username/password window check the box "full system check" and try again.
Yes, that solved the problem. It took a while. Thank you.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Sirpopopop said:
Looks like the GAF guild is Order, and there is no official Destruction guild.
Oh, lame. Well I'll see how Skull Throne looks because I sure as hell am not choosing order. :lol

Picked this up today and am absolutely loving it!:D
I joined the GAF guild, Dwarf Ironbreaker named Monky.
PQ's are a ton of fun, as are scenarios. I have had more fun in the couple of hours I have played than 20 levels of WoW

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
TurtleSnatcher said:
A few of us are in Legions of Chaos .. name is Hartsock if you want to message me.
Oh I made a guy on Kilgorn, how many are on LoC? If theres a bunch I;ll reroll.

So far I'm liking the game a lot. The first PQ boss thing felt like a mini-WoW raid. So awesome. And the beachhead PvP thing was great as well.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
I was out of the country for the last week... I feel so behind! :(

But anyway, after yet another flip-flop (the final one I hope) my friends and I all ended up on Averheim Destruction side. From what I recall, a ton of GAFfers were playing Order on this server... so I look forward to seeing you all on the battlefield. :D

Keep an eye out for my shammy named Mudora!

TheExodu5

Banned
Well the game's finally started to click with me. The game feels more unresponsive than WoW, which is a problem for PvP, but otherwise I don't have to many problems. The red marks on the map are completely visible, even with my colorblindness. The problem was that I was just kind of ignoring them thinking they were just blemishes on the map, but I see em now.

PQs are awesome.

I ended up rolling a Destro (DE Disciple) on Volkmar. I had inded to go Order, but after playing a bit, I just did not like any of the order toons. I play a Gnome Rogue in WoW and love it, but nothing gripped my on the Order side, so I went with Destro (I was already drawn in by DEs and Chaos).

Won

So do I really need 6 players next to a guild registrar to create a guild? We are only 5 atm here and thanks to different work schedules we are rarely on together. We also tried to grab some random players to help out, but no one seems to read the chat.
I really hate stuff like that. :(

JoeMartin

110yf81.jpg

We were loosing 498 to 430, I grabbed the relic and we went crazy from there. Oh man if only I had fraps going for this game.

Dommel

So far I'm really enjoying this game, I picked an Engineer because I like classes which rely on pets or add-ons.

I also know that these classes are usually gimped as hell (especiialy at launch) but I'm having a lot of fun with it. And no problems in RvR as well, can deal a lot of damage, can actually take some and even end up in the top 5 damage dealers regularly.

The only strange thing I noticed is that I put 3 Mastery points into a 'Path' which should let me cast turrets instantly. But I do not get the tactic symbol/slot thingie for this.

Twig

Banned
Dommel said:
So far I'm really enjoying this game, I picked an Engineer because I like classes which rely on pets or add-ons.

I also know that these classes are usually gimped as hell (especiialy at launch) but I'm having a lot of fun with it. And no problems in RvR as well, can deal a lot of damage, can actually take some and even end up in the top 5 damage dealers regularly.

The only strange thing I noticed is that I put 3 Mastery points into a 'Path' which should let me cast turrets instantly. But I do not get the tactic symbol/slot thingie for this.
You have to spend an extra point on the tactic. Next time you have a mastery point, click on the tactic itself, not just the plus button.

It confused me, too. \:

Personally, I miss WoW talents. ): They were much more fun and diverse. ):

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Im hitting a wall with Apothecary stuff. From what I can tell, I should be getting the -next- level of vials from vendors, but I'm still using the Thin Glass Vial =/. APPARENTLY there's a level 90 one, but I can't find it anywhere.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
TheOneGuy said:
You have to spend an extra point on the tactic. Next time you have a mastery point, click on the tactic itself, not just the plus button.

It confused me, too. \:

Personally, I miss WoW talents. ): They were much more fun and diverse. ):

I hate the wow talents man too much shit if that you need to check into and such, here I just put a point in the path and all the abilities in that path become a bit better. I got it instantly don't know why it would confuse people about actually clicking on the ability.

Twig

Banned
Elbrain said:
I hate the wow talents man too much shit if that you need to check into and such, here I just put a point in the path and all the abilities in that path become a bit better. I got it instantly don't know why it would confuse people about actually clicking on the ability.
It's so boring though. There's nothing to it. As for WoW talents being too complicated... well... I disagree.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
One thing I am really getting annoyed at is having to run ALL the way back to the previous zone, to get the flight master, to get to the bank just to put away my extra crap. Seriously, there needs to be an easier way to get to the capital.

"One thing I am really getting annoyed at is having to run ALL the way back to the previous zone, to get the flight master, to get to the bank just to put away my extra crap. Seriously, there needs to be an easier way to get to the capital."

Guild hall teleport scroll.

TheExodu5

Banned
mysticstylez said:
How much more taxing is WAR on a system than WoW? I can run on med setting at 40/50 fps.

For me it's probably 20-30% more taxing than Outlands in WoW (with max sliders in WoW). The main difference is though, that even when I drag down the graphical sliders in WAR, it doesn't have much impact on performance.

Anyways, I think I'm heading back to WoW. As much as I like many of the games ideas, the servers are just far too laggy to my liking. I honestly press my attack at 1.5s cooldown left and it registers just after the cooldown expires. A second and a half of lag is pretty uncomfortable to play with. WoW just feels much quicker and more polished.

I'll play on and off until my month runs out. After that, I'll wait for some extra polish before I hop back on.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
TheExodu5 said:
For me it's probably 20-30% more taxing than Outlands in WoW (with max sliders in WoW). The main difference is though, that even when I drag down the graphical sliders in WAR, it doesn't have much impact on performance.

Anyways, I think I'm heading back to WoW. As much as I like many of the games ideas, the servers are just far too laggy to my liking. I honestly press my attack at 1.5s cooldown left and it registers just after the cooldown expires. A second and a half of lag is pretty uncomfortable to play with. WoW just feels much quicker and more polished.

I'll play on and off until my month runs out. After that, I'll wait for some extra polish before I hop back on.
Heh, I am going to build a new comp just for this game man. It's too much fun for me and I want to keep on playing it and want to play it good.

M.J. Doja

Banned
Elbrain said:
Heh, I am going to build a new comp just for this game man. It's too much fun for me and I want to keep on playing it and want to play it good.

i built a new comp for age of conan (and crysis)

WAR reaps the benefits

Proc

I fucking love this game. Rerolled destruction today as a chaos chosen and poopsocked it to level 9 lol. I've forgotten how much fun a good mmo + vent + buddies can be. They really have added a lot to the genre to move it forward. Tome of knowledge is wonderful, and it is an incredibly addictive cycle to PQ for gear and BG w/ repeatable quests for xp. It's also very satisfying to finish a chapter; it makes rep grinds much more visible and worth while for me. Cannot get enough. Definitely my favourite mmo experience since WoW.

I'm loving this game. The PvP is so freaking fun.

I love my Squig Herder. Shrapnel Arrar is so awesome with Explosive arrow on a group of people

Nonstop Numbers. Its great because it forces HoTs on everyone and focus off the tank for a bit even.

Also my Third Tier Morale Skill turns my arrow shots into explosive shots on everything 30 yards around what I'm shooting.. so awesome in big pacts in scenarios. That grouped with a gas squig and it feels like I'm aoeing like a sorceror or something.

Squig Herder hit 25 tonight. :D

Knox

Started playing Wednesday after being delayed by a hurricane and I'm liking it. I ended up going with an Engineer which is awesome. Originally I wanted to go with Magus but my friend convinced to go Order, which I'm now glad for. I think size plays a pretty big role in PvP, Magus is such an easier target than the Engineer, I can kind of sneak around as a dwarf. I love using my rank 1 morale knock back to flank and pull someone out of a group or to move people out of healing range. I just dinged rank 16 (RR 14), doing mostly RvR, looking forward to getting land mines and concussion grenades, and of course a mount.

Atrophis

Well FINALY made it to 20 and got my horsey after running around Altdorf for 20 minutes trying to find the vendor :lol

Finally found a decent sounding guild to apply to, so hopefully the game will get even better shortly :)

Ooh just remembered i can slot an additional career tactic at 20, nice.

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
so I got it and I love it. I'm a lvl9 shadowmaster in the kieslev server and I'm lonely. :(

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
JoeMartin said:
Why didn't you roll on Averheim with the rest of Order GAF?

needed to get with my brother and he got a message when he created his account saying "order is recruiting on kieslev" or whatever.....

I can still create an account on that server right? how bout a dwarf ironbreaker?

BuRT!

So is it looking like most people will stick with this game or will there be a mass exodus back to WOW? I don't want to waste money if the servers are all going to be barren wastelands.

Cheeto

BuRT! said:
So is it looking like most people will stick with this game or will there be a mass exodus back to WOW? I don't want to waste money if the servers are all going to be barren wastelands.
I've had more fun leveling to 14 in WAR then i had grinding my highest WOW character to 44. WAR is more my style of MMO, focused on PVP. WAR does the leveling thing in a much better fashion, IMO.

TheExodu5

Banned
BuRT! said:

The game is very fun and worth checking out IMO. Party Quests are a great idea, and work very well.

I'm going back to WoW mainly because I find WAR servers too unresponsive (and well, my friends are still all on WoW), but not everyone cares about such things.

RiverBed

Banned
so i am a Zealot just because their art work looks so sick! but I am starting to feel they are limited and weak. I think they are 'healers', right? so that class isn't a fighting one. I am at level 5

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Teknopathetic said:
"One thing I am really getting annoyed at is having to run ALL the way back to the previous zone, to get the flight master, to get to the bank just to put away my extra crap. Seriously, there needs to be an easier way to get to the capital."

Guild hall teleport scroll.

Oh, all I need is a guild then!... Screw it I'm joining the gaf guild.

RiverBed said:
so i am a Zealot just because their art work looks so sick! but I am starting to feel they are limited and weak. I think they are 'healers', right? so that class isn't a fighting one. I am at level 5
One of the strongest healers and debuffers in the game.

Jbird34

As some of you may know from the other night when I logged in and my mount was missing from my inventory I submitted a ticket to the CSR's to try and get it back. Well I sent the ticket in Wed evening and they just got in touch with me last night. After an hour of dealing with the CSR and doing my best to remember what I was doing when I lost the mount , the CSR determined that I never had the mount to begin with... So I had to shell out another 15g to get another one. Luckily I had enough to get another one but if this happens again I am gonna be pissed :D See you guys tonight!

Jbird34 said:
As some of you may know from the other night when I logged in and my mount was missing from my inventory I submitted a ticket to the CSR's to try and get it back. Well I sent the ticket in Wed evening and they just got in touch with me last night. After an hour of dealing with the CSR and doing my best to remember what I was doing when I lost the mount , the CSR determined that I never had the mount to begin with... So I had to shell out another 15g to get another one. Luckily I had enough to get another one but if this happens again I am gonna be pissed :D See you guys tonight!
Are you sure you didnt sell it? :p

Its a sellable item in your inventory so you gotta be extremely careful.

Jbird34

TurtleSnatcher said:
Are you sure you didnt sell it? :p

Its a sellable item in your inventory so you gotta be extremely careful.

Honestly the more I think about it the more I think I did sell it. What bothered me is the fact they said I never owned a mount. The 15g (now 30g) missing from my wallet says other wise! :lol

Macattk15

TheExodu5 said:
The game is very fun and worth checking out IMO. Party Quests are a great idea, and work very well.

I'm going back to WoW mainly because I find WAR servers too unresponsive (and well, my friends are still all on WoW), but not everyone cares about such things.

Enjoy leveling to 80 making all that gear that you spent months farming at 70 to make yourself one of the best on the server become useless.

No thanks to that.

I'll admit Warhammer isn't as fluid as WoW but I didn't expect it to be right off the bat. I'm level 28 in Warhammer now .... not having too many problems destroying people in the Scenarios.

Hammer

Pyroteknikz said:
Is there a Ventrilo or Teamspeak server you guys use? If not, I have one that can be used.

I think we would really benefit from this. Obviously this will help later on during larger Rvr scenarios, but having a vent server to idle in during off times can be fun as well. :D

Top Bottom