• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhammer Online, The Official Thread of Destruction vs Order

"So now that order can't cheat they can't win Tor Anroc?"

See above. The team that grabs the bauble first in Tor Anroc has a large, large advantage to win the whole thing, barring mass stupidity. Destruction has a shorter run to the bauble by 4-5 seconds (and no, I'm not forgetting about the standard movement speed buff).

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Teknopathetic said:
"So now that order can't cheat they can't win Tor Anroc?"

See above. The team that grabs the bauble first in Tor Anroc has a large, large advantage to win the whole thing, barring mass stupidity. Destruction has a shorter run to the bauble by 4-5 seconds (and no, I'm not forgetting about the standard movement speed buff).

This one is really pissing me off cause I am a White Lion, they did this "Fix" but fucking basically they did nothing to balance out the map. Hmmmmmmmmm do I see Mythic favoring Destruction??!?!?!??

I'll be happy if they're able to fix scenario lag. It's so frustrating.

Elbrain said:
This one is really pissing me off cause I am a White Lion, they did this "Fix" but fucking basically they did nothing to balance out the map. Hmmmmmmmmm do I see Mythic favoring Destruction??!?!?!??

Elbrain
Suckin' dicks since '66

Suck a dick.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Jibber Hack said:
I'll be happy if they're able to fix scenario lag. It's so frustrating.

Elbrain
Suckin' dicks since '66

Suck a dick.

Dude seriously if you don't see the map imbalance in Tor Anroc they you need to check your eyes man. That shit is shorter for Destruction, Not only that it is the only fucking scenario Destro will freaking play I have everything qued the whole time and it's the only one that ever pops even when I skip it and wait for the other withs a group of my guild mates.

It's not you. It's me. I'm pissed that I can't find a guild that will open RvR. I hate doing Gunbad runs. And the scenario lag is killing me. I don't care if Tor Anroc is destruction favored. I just want to play it and have some use. I also feel that the gear is not scaling well for my Witch Hunter and it's skills pretty much dry up from 25 to 32. Ugh.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Jibber Hack said:
It's not you. It's me. I'm pissed that I can't find a guild that will open RvR. I hate doing Gunbad runs. And the scenario lag is killing me. I don't care if Tor Anroc is destruction favored. I just want to play it and have some use. I also feel that the gear is not scaling well for my Witch Hunter and it's skills pretty much dry up from 25 to 32. Ugh.
Man the scenario lag is fucking horse shit on my comp as well, that is why I am going to build a bad ass comp for this game, I am addicted as hell.

JoeMartin

Every class will have 90% of it's abilities by level 25.

The only new abilites you'll get for the next 15 levels is maybe 1 core ability, some morale abilities, and anything you take from mastery trees.

Yeah, well new abilities are something that I look forward to with each level. It's going to feel like much more of a grind for the next 7 levels to me.

Waaagh!! or somthing...

2cwolg1.jpg

Kade

Ugh, I hate that as a Witch Hunter, my pistol is significantly weaker than my sword. I wish it was the other way around so I don't get dominated by tanks every single time I do RvR. On the bright side, I do destroy casters and ranged classes within seconds.

Pyroteknikz said:
Ugh, I hate that as a Witch Hunter, my pistol is significantly weaker than my sword. I wish it was the other way around so I don't get dominated by tanks every single time I do RvR. On the bright side, I do destroy casters and ranged classes within seconds.

Well, it is a melee dps class.

eznark

Banned
anyone have any recommendations on making some cash? I have like 9 gold right now and am almost at level 16. I need 15 for a mount right?

Twig

Banned
Jibber Hack said:
Yeah, well new abilities are something that I look forward to with each level. It's going to feel like much more of a grind for the next 7 levels to me.
Heh, I know how you feel. When I didn't get a new ability at level 22 on my marauder, I was like... "Well, now I don't even feel like playing anymore!"

D:

Also: for the first time ever on my marauder, I've run out of quests to do in EvC. They're all four levels higher than me, and I die too often. I can no longer AoE farm quest mobs with Monstrosity. ): I'm going to have to hop over to DvG! NOOOOOOOOOO.
Elbrain said:
I agree the map is unbalanced. Personally I don't like the map at all. Even now that it's in my favor. I'm Destruction. The lava is a terrible idea.

I love the knockback because it gets you out of the fight but you can run straight back in if you want. It's not an instant death. Until you land in lava. God that lava is annoying for melee DPS. Or tanks. \:

nataku

I hope the patch fixed the bugged Prayer Of Absolution for WP. Having one of our best buffs in the game be almost completely useless when we spec our best mastery tree really sucks.

The buff normally is group wide, +armor with a 150ft range, but when you put a point into the Salvation tree (our healing tree) it reduces the range to about 10ft, making it completely useless for anyone but yourself.

the range is always like that. I have zero points in salv and it's 10ft.

They really need to fix it. And smite (gives 40RF up to 60RF if it hits someone, should be giving 15RF per hit).

And Rampaging Siphon rank 2 morale "Deals 132 damage to all enemies within 30 feet, and heals your entire group for the full amount of the damage dealt." Doesn't work you only get hp from the damage to one person.

eznark said:
anyone have any recommendations on making some cash? I have like 9 gold right now and am almost at level 16. I need 15 for a mount right?
No worries.. You are on pace for enough gold.. those last few lvls is $$$

do some scenario quests etc.. they are repeatable and $$$

I love that BO screenshot.. awesome.

Also is it sad when a Swordsman at lvl 20 has 800 more hp then I do at lvl 27 as a Squig Herder :lol

Either way.. I stacked so much in ballistics because Squig Herders are so broken in the damage department.. its the only way we don't suck! :( I'm at 650+ ballistics at the moment.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Pyroteknikz said:

You're melee DPS, tanks are your direct counter.

Won

Wow, just read that Destruction on Karak Eight Peaks (EU) already attacked Altdorf. That was faster than I expected.

JoeMartin

TheOneGuy said:
Also: for the first time ever on my marauder, I've run out of quests to do in EvC. They're all four levels higher than me, and I die too often. I can no longer AoE farm quest mobs with Monstrosity. ): I'm going to have to hop over to DvG! NOOOOOOOOOO.

The only quests I usually turn in ever (or do, for that matter) are the repeatable scenario quests, which, awesomely enough, contribute towards your total quest completion count for the tome unlock.

Twig

Banned
JoeMartin said:
The only quests I usually turn in ever (or do, for that matter) are the repeatable scenario quests, which, awesomely enough, contribute towards your total quest completion count for the tome unlock.
Scenarios are boring. ):

I mean. They're fast so I don't mind doing them a lot. But as a means to level up? No thanks. If World RvR gave the XP it should, I would almost never do scenarios. ):

So destruction made an attempt at capping a fortress on Averheim. Looks like they had about a warband tops, capped the Empire v. Chaos pairing up to Reikwald then...quit when they met some resistance? Pairing reset after an hour, and now all the pairings are locked for an unknown amount of time.

JoeMartin

TheOneGuy said:
Scenarios are boring. ):

I mean. They're fast so I don't mind doing them a lot. But as a means to level up? No thanks. If World RvR gave the XP it should, I would almost never do scenarios. ):

I find scenarios to be a very quick leveling tool, so long as you're winning at a decent rate.

And I agree, if world RVR gave the appropriate experience I would never spend time in scenarios either.

But alas, it doesn't. Pretty much all I'm interested in is PVP though. I'll very begrudgingly do the occasional PQ/influence grind since influence rewards heavily outweigh RR rewards for PVP based stats (WTF MYTHIC FIX IT).

Twig

Banned
JoeMartin said:
I find scenarios to be a very quick leveling tool, so long as you're winning at a decent rate.

And I agree, if world RVR gave the appropriate experience I would never spend time in scenarios either.

But alas, it doesn't. Pretty much all I'm interested in is PVP though. I'll very begrudgingly do the occasional PQ/influence grind since influence rewards heavily outweigh RR rewards for PVP based stats (WTF MYTHIC FIX IT).
I'm a PvP guy, too, but I'm ALSO a PvE guy. So I tend to do both. O: More PvP than PvE, though, certainly. I'm queued every second I'm not in a scenario. But up until the patch that introduced queuing for everywhere from anywhere, I almost never got into a scenario. Now it's Tor Anroc alllll theeee tiiiime. Heh.

I honestly wouldn't mind doing scenarios 24/7 if it didn't end up being the same one over and over. Wish Mythic would work on a solution for THAT before messing with influence rewards. O:<

Also: Monstrosity Marauder is so much fun. PEW PEW DEMOLITION BEAMS

Also also: Destruction is retarded on my server so I lose more often than I win.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Oh yeah! Our guild was simultaneous queuing for Scenarios tonight 2 different groups, funny thing is we got into all of them that we qued into fuck yeah. Pure ass raping in Tor Anroc even if the destro mofos go the Bauble first we just stomped on them and their children! :D :lol

FatalT

Banned
I hit rank 21, renown rank 17 tonight. I also participated in one of the coolest public quests ever in tier 3. It started out simple with just killing some bad guys, but the random people I met up with made it really fun. Basically we had one guy run around the area gathering up all the monsters and then he'd run back into us. I'd spam all my AoE attacks while the healer spammed heals on me and everyone else just picked off low health guys. It was pretty hilarious seeing a guy being chased by a huge angry mob. After that finished, we had to close some demonic gates or something that were guarded by champions...pretty meh.

Party member leading an angry mob into the circle of death: http://www.birdnest.org/hoodj3/War_Pull.jpg

Some of the bodies lying around from our massacre: http://www.birdnest.org/hoodj3/War_Bodies.jpg

The final part, however, was the best part. This huge 4 legged woman-looking monster came out and we had to fight her. Plus, she had like, 6 tits. SIX. Anyways, after we took down its health, it split into 2 smaller versions of the same monster, but still Hero class. After we took down the health of one of them, that hero monster split into 2 smaller versions of itself again, but this time 2 champion classes. It was pretty chaotic.

Side view of the beast: http://www.birdnest.org/hoodj3/War_Monsterside.jpg

Close up of its face: http://www.birdnest.org/hoodj3/War_Monsterclose.jpg

After she split into 2 versions: http://www.birdnest.org/hoodj3/War_Monstersplit.jpg

We managed to do this PQ 2 times in a row with no problems at all, mostly because we were all pretty awesome.

Check out my guy riding my raptor mount!

War_FatalT.jpg

How awesome? SO awesome.

I just did a high elf T2 public quest with about 40 people, no joke. Was completely fucking insane, made more insane by the fact that by some miracle we had about 2 tanks (Me being one of them). Great fun, massive slowdown.

Atrophis

Won said:
Wow, just read that Destruction on Karak Eight Peaks (EU) already attacked Altdorf. That was faster than I expected.

I'm on KEP. Apparantly they exploited the rear gate to Altdorf which let them straight in :lol Seems like city defense NPC's are underpowered or just not working correctly. Either way the city should never have been sacked this early. I'm sure Mythic know about it and are working on a fix.

Rank 21, RR17, progressing slowely but surely.

Went into Mount Gunbad the other day, was a pretty nice dungeon. Something funny happened though. As we were working our way down, advancing in the PQ, we got to the bottom and the boss had spawned. So our group starts attacking it as we were perfectly entitled to do.

Now there was already a group of guild members attacking the boss and after the fight, because a couple of our group members won a bag, they accuse us of stealing the PQ?!?! Seriously, how dumb can you be to not understand how PQ's work when you've been playing long enough to get to tier 3 :lol

A lot of daoc excalibur guilds ended up on Eight Peaks, although a significant chunk decided to go Azgal.

That may explain why they were so quick.

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
may not be able to roll with gaf. too attached to my lvl 12 shadow warriror on kislev. sorry.

Sullen

Well, my disciple is starting to look pretty rad. Just got him into T4 (Rank 30, Renown 24) But I think I may take a break with him because T4 scenarios hardly ever pop on Averheim, and I'd like to do more than just pve my way to 40. I've been leveling an alternate sorceress to keep me busy, and I've got her up to rank 21 now. :D

Anyway, here is a pick of my disciple for anyone curious. The trophies he is wearing are a special kind of trophy that can only be bought in the capital with bestial tokens. From left to right on the shoulders he is wearing: Rival's Trophy, Orb of Night, and Sunless Blades, and on the belt he has the terrible claw or something like that.

(I know his name is super cheesy, but I was trying to keep it dark-elfish) :lol

211tbtk.jpg

Won

I'm also finally in the mounted club with a character. Yay for me!

vs1en7.jpg

Will probably try to get some tome unlocks now that I'm faster. Hope I can actual find something by myself. The hints feel a bit too unformative.

Also :lol @ the
Lady Godiva
title.

Cheeto

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/86595-First-Warhammer-Online-City-Siege-Gets-Failing-Marks
The first Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning city siege has taken place, and to the presumable chagrin of the developers, it sucked.

Warhammer Online developer Mythic Entertainment had apparently hoped it would be at least a month before a city siege occurred in the game, according to Eurogamer, but it happened less than two weeks after the game's launch, and by all reports it did not go nearly the way the designers intended. In a recent interview, Mythic CEO Mark Jacobs described city sieges as a massive undertaking that would require a significant amount of time and effort to successfully complete. "We've laid everything out in a manner that your side has to accomplish a lot, so it's going to take time," he said. "We've seen the other games out there where people can do things late at night while nobody else is on, but it doesn't work that way in WAR. It's impossible. It should be weeks unless we really messed up."

Those words may come back to haunt Jacobs, as forum posts report that the Order capital of Altdorf was successfully attacked by a relatively small force of 30-40 Destruction players, many of whom weren't at max level or using particularly impressive equipment. Worse, the whole thing took place over the course of a single evening, leading many players to suggest that Mythic had, in fact, "really messed up."

The one-sided whomping led some Order players to accuse the Destruction forces of exploiting bugs, while the Destruction side responded with, "We're in your citiez griefing your PQs," and claimed that a lack of order among Order was to blame. Regardless of the reason, one eyewitness to the event provided a particularly detailed and hilarious account of the attack. "I counted the forces of Destruction approach. There were around 30," he wrote. "It's okay, I thought to myself, they have no ram, they are mostly sub-40, they are not a particularly large group. Despite the lack of player defense, there is no way they will get through this place."

"And if they can, it will take so long that we will have a sufficient defense force ready by the time they get to the Lord," he continued. "Five minutes later they were through the wall's door. I thought that was quick consider the lack of ram, but never mind, they've a whole town to fight through now. Twenty seconds later they were at the main keep, having had to fight no guards that I could see, guard patrols being too spaced out. The door on the keep should hold them back a bit, and maybe last longer than the outside doors. Surprisingly, they ran around to the back of the keep and clicked through the rear door to enter the keep in the same way that Order do. No need to bash down the front door at all." The entire attack, which the poster described as "supposed to be the final objective in an epic battle to unlock city sieges," took roughly 15 minutes.

It's perhaps not as poetic as a horseshoe nail, but the next time people want to avoid the loss of a kingdom they should make sure the back door is locked.
:lol

eznark

Banned
I thought the new patch did away with having to scroll through the EULA every time you signed in?? I still have to do it.

Jube3

eznark said:
I thought the new patch did away with having to scroll through the EULA every time you signed in?? I still have to do it.

I thought it would auto scroll down but you dont have to go down anymore, just click the accept and TOS agreement.

Cheeto

godhandiscen said:
Even if Mythic messed up on this one, this was awesome. I am laughing too hard right now. The launch has been so smooth that even if this happened I cannot feel sorry for the people it affected.

Also, I cannot move my chat window since the last patch :(
I've never been able to move the chat window...that's odd.

eznark

Banned
Jube3 said:
I thought it would auto scroll down but you dont have to go down anymore, just click the accept and TOS agreement.

ah, i just figured it wouldn't pop up anymore. THanks

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Ok, I gotta admit the game is horribly unoptimized. I get some choppiness every now and then which I shouldn't with a 4870x2. Maybe its the drivers I hope.

Also, where do I report a bug? I don't know if its because of my setup, but the game hangs up my system when I run it in window mode. The reason why I do this is to easily switch between screens (I have 2) without alt+tab. The game works for 30 minutes or so in window mode covering one whole screen, but then it stops.

Ahh damn, this is in the knowledge base:
"If the game loses focus from the operating system at any time, you will crash immediately. Any one of a million types of programs running in the background can cause this to happen."

So ALT+TAB isnt even recommended? WTF, is an MMO.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
godhandiscen said:
Ok, I gotta admit the game is horribly unoptimized. I get some choppiness every now and then which I shouldn't with a 4870x2. Maybe its the drivers I hope.

Also, where do I report a bug? I don't know if its because of my setup, but the game hangs up my system when I run it in window mode. The reason why I do this is to easily switch between screens (I have 2) without alt+tab. The game works for 30 minutes or so in window mode covering one whole screen, but then it stops.

Ahh damn, this is in the knowledge base:
"If the game loses focus from the operating system at any time, you will crash immediately. Any one of a million types of programs running in the background can cause this to happen."

So ALT+TAB isnt even recommended? WTF, is an MMO.

Yep the game is freaking unoptimized as all hell, the new patch improved a ton but only for scenarios. From what I have been reading supposedly the game depends more on the CPU so it's not that much on the GPU.

Draft

Why do I even have to click the TOS? Kind of annoying.

The unoptimization of the game is really weird and random. I was in some dungeon in Altdorf the other day, a sewer (apparently there are no less than 4 sewer dungeons in Altdorf.) Anyway, I was getting a solid 60, with these occasional HUGE frame drops. Could not figure out what was causing it, and then it occurred to me: the frame drops only happened when one of the "waterfalls" from sewer water flowing over the edge of a step was visible. This ugly, PS2 level waterfall effect was making my beastly PC slow to a Goddamn crawl. It would be hilarious, if it wasn't so tragic.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Teknopathetic said:
If you want to alt+tab, run windowed mode with show frames unchecked. Fullscreen (essentially), but alt+tab friendly.
That's what I've been doing and it crashes always after 30 minutes or so if I go to the second screen every now and then.
Draft said:
This ugly, PS2 level waterfall effect was making my beastly PC slow to a Goddamn crawl. It would be hilarious, if it wasn't so tragic.
Yes, there is one thunder effect in a public quest that looks straight out from a PS2 game which will make my framerate go down. I cant believe it. Also, I set Video Memory to default and my performance improved. Maybe that was my problem.

Top Bottom