• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhammer Online, The Official Thread of Destruction vs Order

M.J. Doja

Banned
nelkon and parker said:
I went to buy the game today. Ended up coming home with a box containing a 60 day pre paid subscription. FUCK.

LOL that sucks, i'd picture that happening to me. gotta read that box

M.J. Doja

Banned
JoeMartin said:
Jump has helped me get into LOS on multiple occasions. Especially if someone is sitting behind a short wall or something like that. On steep hills the LOS can also be a bit wonky when you're at the top, jump helps a whole lot there too.

Jump is also important to me as a ranged class (EDIT: well, any class really) because I have a whole lot of macros, many of which can move my hand away from a position in that allows me to be moving in a certain direction while hitting certain macros. Jump alleviates the problem as I can jump in the desired direction, hit the macro, land and keep going without technically having stopped.

Jumping also helps better navigate terrain. Imagine small ledges you wouldn't be able to walk up but can easily jump onto. Mourkain Temple is a good example. It would suck ass if you had to run around and use the 2 piddly stairs to get onto the temple every time you ran up to it.

EDIT: Oh, and by far most importantly, especially for BWs, jumping allows you to strafe straight backwards while keeping a target in your cone of fire.

Jumping is endlessly useful.

I just jump because it looks cool while youre running.

I stopped leveling my Squig Herder at 28.. and started a Shaman who is already 13.

I can honestly say I'm having much more fun with my shaman then with my Squig Herder. I'm already doing damage that is similar to my Squig Herder at 20 which is crazy. I decided to go DPS spec on the Shaman and I know I'm going against every MMO code doing that with a healer. I still do heal in scenarios .. I still heal about 75% of the time but its great to be able to pump out a bunch of DPS.

Yesterday I was 12 and had a 19 Ironbreaker chasing me around. The guy couldn't take me below 80%. It was crazy. Every time I did get below 80% - I would use my Morale Heal and be back to full. I bet the guy was going beserk. I ended up taking him out with Dots and "Bunch of Waagh"

I'm having a blast with a shaman :)

mr stroke

ok just picked this up today, joined Averheim server and having fun so far, but can someone tell me why it takes so long to get into a RVR game? it feels like 20-30 mins of waiting in the que to get in? the damn W icon just keeps spinning :(
am I doing something wrong here?

mr stroke said:
ok just picked this up today, joined Averheim server and having fun so far, but can someone tell me why it takes so long to get into a RVR game? it feels like 20-30 mins of waiting in the que to get in? the damn W icon just keeps spinning :(
am I doing something wrong here?
Queue up for everything.. also I dont know about Averheim but it may be losing its population already?

Skull Throne has no more queues to get into the server but at least our scenarios are still staying pretty active.

mr stroke

TurtleSnatcher said:
Queue up for everything.. also I dont know about Averheim but it may be losing its population already?

Skull Throne has no more queues to get into the server but at least our scenarios are still staying pretty active.

when u say que up for everything, you mean as I join in just que up for every match and wait?

mr stroke said:
nice...not too much description on what it does though? I am asuming it puts u to the front of the line in ques? less waiting?
Uh no.. just queues you automatically.. which leads to the jerks that afk.. I hate people who use this type of mod..

AFKers in scenarios I'm hoping gets addressed soon .. Those f'ers should be banned.

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
I disagree about the jumping part. Ive had fools jump around me, which I guess is some crazed attempt to confuse me or evade my attacks. Does no good, since I will hit them anyway if they are close to me, and if I cant hit them, then they cant hit me either. I just concentrate of what skill im using while the person on the other end is trying to jump there way to victory :lol

JoeMartin

Orin GA said:
I disagree about the jumping part. Ive had fools jump around me, which I guess is some crazed attempt to confuse me or evade my attacks. Does no good, since I will hit them anyway if they are close to me, and if I cant hit them, then they cant hit me either. I just concentrate of what skill im using while the person on the other end is trying to jump there way to victory :lol

No one is saying that jumping helps you better avoid damage or being targeted, but as far as all the points I listed previously, jumping is insanely useful.

eznark

Banned
TheOneGuy said:

I sometimes play a sccenario or two before work while I wait for my girlfriend to get out of the shower so I can get ready. I was using joinfast to expedite this but last week I left and accidentally left that shit on. I felt like an asshole when I logged back in when I got home and had gained about half a level.

They really should force you to have to do something in order to gain XP. Even just attacking/healing once to be eligible I think would alleviate a lot of the issue.

AFKers in scenarios I'm hoping gets addressed soon .. Those f'ers should be banned.

oh shit, maybe I should have scrolled all the way down before posting!

Twig

Banned
TurtleSnatcher said:
I hate people who use this type of mod..
And I hate you, too.

It's a good mod. Just because some assholes exploit it doesn't mean everyone who uses it is an asshole.
eznark said:
They really should force you to have to do something in order to gain XP. Even just attacking/healing once to be eligible I think would alleviate a lot of the issue.
I agree with that.

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
so me being order I rolled into troll land (or whatever it's called) it's a beautiful forest like area, I see a town, walk in there and i'm immediately hammered down by a giant troll. there's many of them all over the place. turns out it was an all out pq. formed a warband and did the pq twice. very hard. died several times the second time.

they really meant war in this game. so awesome.

eznark

Banned
otake said:
so me being order I rolled into troll land (or whatever it's called) it's a beautiful forest like area, I see a town, walk in there and i'm immediately hammered down by a giant troll. there's many of them all over the place. turns out it was an all out pq. formed a warband and did the pq twice. very hard. died several times the second time.

they really meant war in this game. so awesome.

Yeah, that's a fun PQ

eznark

Banned
# First, players who join a scenario and remain in their realm's spawn area for two minutes will be automatically removed from that scenario.

# Second, upon entering the spawn area of a scenario, players will receive a debuff that prevents them from earning renown and experience. This debuff will be removed when the player leaves the spawn area.

Perfect.

mr stroke

Having played the last couple of days I am really suprised how much I am enjoying the game(after hating WOW and AOC) the sccenarios are amazing, almost like a batlefield mmo... Anyone know if the game supports VOIP or any GAFers using Vent or Teamspeak? (or maybe I just need to join a guild to get some coordenation going on in sccenarios?). I don't understand how so many people can run around with out cooperation. Trying to type and fight at the same time is too much at once, I can only imagine how great the sccenarios would be with a group of people with Mics working together.

While in scenarios, players will no longer be able to select "Need" in their loot windows unless their career or race can use the item being offered. Please note: players of a lower level than required by the item are still able to roll.

THANK YOU.

Twig

Banned
Outdoor Miner said:
THANK YOU.
Seriously, that is a godsend.

The other day I accidentally hit need on a purple zealot robe. It was completely on accident! ): I'm not a zealot, needless to say. Luckily, dude won.

While in scenarios, players will no longer be able to select "Need" in their loot windows unless their career or race can use the item being offered. Please note: players of a lower level than required by the item are still able to roll.

could have used this shit weeks ago. i've lost so many nice blue pieces to douchebags

Vaporak

Outdoor Miner said:
THANK YOU.

I don't like the change. I'd much prefer my friends being able to need items I'd want, and me needing for what they want, than having all of us grind/buy our own items. The only people this is going to help are those playing an MMO solo.

Twig

Banned
Vaporak said:
I don't like the change. I'd much prefer my friends being able to need items I'd want, and me needing for what they want, than having all of us grind/buy our own items. The only people this is going to help are those playing an MMO solo.
So... what you're saying is it should be okay to need for a friend even though your friend wasn't there when the item dropped?

Yeah no.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Vaporak said:

So you're a ninja looting douchebag. You sir are the lowest of the low.

For you order folks, once you hit around rank 37 there's a pretty long quest chain in Dwarf Ch. 22 that, at the end, gives you what (at least for ironbreakers) is the 2nd or 3rd best weapon in the game. The 2h axe in particular has an undocumented weapon proc that'll put a dot on the enemy for 150 damage a tick. Also hits hard as *fuck*.

Also, if you or your friends aren't in the scenario, group, dungeon, whatever when some shit drops, too bad. I'd really like to hear a good reason as to why someone should get some stuff they didn't put any effort into over someone who did.

Good luck explaining that one without sounding like a total jerk.

Kade

I think that if you have an alt character and an item drops that they can use, the Need button should be selectable, just in case you want it for your alt.

Won

Pyroteknikz said:
I think that if you have an alt character and an item drops that they can use, the Need button should be selectable, just in case you want it for your alt.

Uhm no. The Greed button is there for a reason. People need to stop to make justifications for the Need button. -.-

Cheeto

Yeah, the need button is supposed to be for the character you are playing. Wow, to think I felt bad needing on an item that was 7 levels higher than me...luckily after I did it I was the only Zealot...but needing for a "friend", no...just no.

eznark

Banned
Pyroteknikz said:

I'd say an alt falls into the same category as a friend. If you could need for an alt why wouldn't people just roll one of each?

Vaporak

Teknopathetic said:
Also, if you or your friends aren't in the scenario, group, dungeon, whatever when some shit drops, too bad. I'd really like to hear a good reason as to why someone should get some stuff they didn't put any effort into over someone who did.

Good luck explaining that one without sounding like a total jerk.

I put in just as much effort as anyone else who is needing, I don't see why I shouldn't be able to get the item as a present for one of my friends. I also don't see why my friends shouldn't be able to do the same for me. The vast majority of my character's gear has been gotten exactly like this as gifts from my friends, and vice versa for their characters. As I said before, the only people who are going to be getting more items out of this change are people who are playing the game solo. So why is it a good idea to introduce a change that promotes soloing?

JoeMartin

Vaporak said:
I put in just as much effort as anyone else who is needing, I don't see why I shouldn't be able to get the item as a present for one of my friends. I also don't see why my friends shouldn't be able to do the same for me. The vast majority of my character's gear has been gotten exactly like this as gifts from my friends, and vice versa for their characters. As I said before, the only people who are going to be getting more items out of this change are people who are playing the game solo. So why is it a good idea to introduce a change that promotes soloing?

Because if I was in the scenario and I lost a roll on a piece of gear to you so you could give it to your friend who is not in the scenario, I'd be pissed.

Now the system would work where in it would allow the class/race it's marked for to have the chance to roll for it first, and if none of them select need then it opens up the roll for everyone else, fine.

But if you think it's justifiable to straight jack gear from players who have "earned" it in the scenario for your friends/alts, then that's just fucked up.

Won

Vaporak said:

Your argument doesn't even make sense. It has absolute nothing to do with soloing....

Also play with your friends....if the other 5 players in the group are soloing....(still doesn't make sense)

You and your friends are not the only people on the server, hard to believe, I know, but better accept it.

"I put in just as much effort as anyone else who is needing, I don't see why I shouldn't be able to get the item as a present for one of my friends."

Because you don't "need" it. If you're not going to use it (giving it to a friend isn't using it) then you shouldn't (and soon, won't be able to) need it.

"As I said before, the only people who are going to be getting more items out of this change are people who are playing the game solo."

What? There's *no* connection between people who only need on shit for their character and whether they play solo or not. None.

In fact, the only way this is a problem is if you're NOT playing solo. The need/greed problem doesn't exist if you're only playing by yourself.

I can't believe someone's seriously defending this.

Vaporak

Teknopathetic said:
"I put in just as much effort as anyone else who is needing, I don't see why I shouldn't be able to get the item as a present for one of my friends."

Because you don't "need" it. If you're not going to use it (giving it to a friend isn't using it) then you shouldn't (and soon, won't be able to) need it.

"As I said before, the only people who are going to be getting more items out of this change are people who are playing the game solo."

What? There's *no* connection between people who only need on shit for their character and whether they play solo or not. None.

In fact, the only way this is a problem is if you're NOT playing solo. The need/greed problem doesn't exist if you're only playing by yourself.

I can't believe someone's seriously defending this.
There is a connection, you're just not thinking about it in the right way. A set of friends, co-operating and getting gear for everyone in the set will be able to equip everyone in the set much faster compared to everyone in that set only being able to get items for themselves, yes even with the changes. Before, you could get items faster by co-operation with friends, now you have to grind for them yourself. As I said, a solo vs team solution to the problem, I prefer having the team solution available. I shouldn't have used "solo and group" as terminology before, the wording seems to be causing some misunderstanding. :/

Won said:
You and your friends are not the only people on the server, hard to believe, I know, but better accept it.

I know, I think they should be able to need for everything as well. It'd be pretty hypocritical of me if I thought only my friends and I should be able to need for each other. :lol

Vaporak

JoeMartin said:
Because if I was in the scenario and I lost a roll on a piece of gear to you so you could give it to your friend who is not in the scenario, I'd be pissed.

Why? You'd be getting more items from your friends compared to how many you lose from a bad roll. Is it just that you're aware of this item and didn't get it, compared to all the rolls your friends lost trying to get that nice staff you could use?

Atrophis

Oh wow. First it was achievement and the open world pvp zone in the new expansion. Now its just wholesale rip off of WARs scenario system:

tigole said:
We’re also planning on improving some Battleground and PvP features in general. For example, we want to give you the ability to queue for Battlegrounds from anywhere in the world. We’re also going to explore EXP gain through the PvP system as well as low level itemization to support that.

Surely city sieges cant be too far behind :lol

nataku

Vaporak said:
Why? You'd be getting more items from your friends compared to how many you lose from a bad roll. Is it just that you're aware of this item and didn't get it, compared to all the rolls your friends lost trying to get that nice staff you could use?

Set pieces for example, at least from what I can tell, seem to be pretty rare. Just a couple days ago I saw a set piece for WP drop. Despite all the scenarios I do, it was the first time I've seen a set piece for my class. If I had some random class who couldn't use it roll need a beat me I would have been pissed.

I check ever single piece of gear that drops before I Greed or Pass on it, and it was only the second or third time I've seen a set piece drop in a scenario. I don't want some random ass rolling on it and beating me for his friend who isn't even there helping out.

Vaporak

nataku said:
Set pieces for example, at least from what I can tell, seem to be pretty rare. Just a couple days ago I saw a set piece for WP drop. Despite all the scenarios I do, it was the first time I've seen a set piece for my class. If I had some random class who couldn't use it roll need a beat me I would have been pissed.

I check ever single piece of gear that drops before I Greed or Pass on it, and it was only the second or third time I've seen a set piece drop in a scenario. I don't want some random ass rolling on it and beating me for his friend who isn't even there helping out.

Again, it doesn't matter because you actually have a higher average chance of getting any given piece of equipment under the old system if you have friends getting items for each other. On the other hand, if you are playing the game without any friends then yes, this change will make it more likely to get items, but still less likely than before the patch with friends. If people are for these changes based purely on wanting more loot for themselves, they'll actually be getting less now than they could have been before. If they're for these changes just out of the kindness of their hearts, then I'll just say that I am emotionally closer to the friends I talk to every day than random faceless, nameless players on the internet.

Top Bottom