• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhammer Online, The Official Thread of Destruction vs Order

JoeMartin

Vaporak said:
I hope Sirpopopop comes back, he's a much better debater than you are. :/

Again, you're a sociopath. A passive aggressive one at that.

This is a "debate" no longer worth having as Mythic has clearly made the call here (the correct one, at that) and there's little you can do to fight it now.

As for you behavioral deficiencies, I'll leave them to the psychiatrists. At least they'll make money off your problems.

M.J. Doja

Banned
locke-face2.jpg

stfu THIEF SCUM! :lol

Vaporak

JoeMartin said:
Again, you're a sociopath. A passive aggressive one at that.

This is a "debate" no longer worth having as Mythic has clearly made the call here (the correct one, at that) and there's little you can do to fight it now.

As for you behavioral deficiencies, I'll leave them to the psychiatrists. At least they'll make money off your problems.

So why am I passive aggressive? Just because I don't insult people who disagree with me? Again I'll ask, please stop with the personal insults, they really aren't constructive.

edit:

M.J. Doja said:
locke-face2.jpg

stfu THIEF SCUM! :lol

:lol

Crayon Shinchan

Aquafina Fanboy
Let me get this straight... they improved the loot system so that need actually goes towards needs and some dumbass is bitching?

Ok. Just clearing things up.

eznark

Banned
woo hoo! Level 19. One more to my mount!

So, I'm not a huge MMO player. I played WoW for a year or so with a group of friends (a DUI stripped me of the bar scene for a bit) and that was awesome. When I left town though I sort of fell out of it. I decided to get back into Warhammer sinply because it looked dope, and it definitely is. However, I've been sort of spurred on by the goal of getting a mount. I'm almost there and I feel like I might be kinda over it at that point.

What is some fun shit I should be doing to keep it fresh and interesting? I'm hoping that when I get to 20 I'll be high enough level to do some shit with the guild...God damn you guys leveled fast.

Twig

Banned
Vaporak said:
See, why can't the rest of you respond like this? He's actually giving a respectful and rational response to my position by trying to clarify his.
Because you're not worth it, mostly.

Just give up. For the sake of the thread.
eznark said:
woo hoo! Level 19. One more to my mount!

So, I'm not a huge MMO player. I played WoW for a year or so with a group of friends (a DUI stripped me of the bar scene for a bit) and that was awesome. When I left town though I sort of fell out of it. I decided to get back into Warhammer sinply because it looked dope, and it definitely is. However, I've been sort of spurred on by the goal of getting a mount. I'm almost there and I feel like I might be kinda over it at that point.

What is some fun shit I should be doing to keep it fresh and interesting? I'm hoping that when I get to 20 I'll be high enough level to do some shit with the guild...God damn you guys leveled fast.
Honestly... I don't really have any suggestions. On my server, Destruction owns everything. I'm Destruction. The only place they don't own 100% of the time is scenarios. Specifically Tor Anroc, which is the only scenario that ever pops in Tier 3.

Right now I'm just slowly crawling my way to rank 40, hoping that things will be better once I reach endgame.

I don't know, do people still world PvP in Tier 2? In Tier 3, I've seen someone attack a keep maybe ONCE. Maybe I'm just leveling too fast (I'm really not even playing that much lately -- school is taking up most of my time!)

I hope it gets better, because I'm kind of getting bored with the game. It's supposed to be multiplayer, but for all the social interaction that occurs in this game, players might as well be just a bunch of idiot AIs.

I'd like to do some dungeons, but no one to do 'em with. Friends are all uber-PvP-focused. And for some reason people in this game don't like to communicate. Most of the time I ask if anyone needs to do a quest or wants to do some dungeon runs... I get literally no response. On the rare occasion I do get a response, it's "why would you want to do that?"

Sigh.

Why don't people ever talk? Maybe it's 'cause I picked Open RvR instead of Core.

eznark

Banned
Yeah, there is little social interaction. I'm going to try and hop on vent this weekend when I play, hopefully that combined with increased mobility from a mount will help. If not, oh well, it was a fun month.

Won

World PvP is more or less dead in T2 at least on my server. Haven't moved on myself with a character. Don't really look forward to T3. :(

But it is hard to judge. I could make a claim that most people just moved on to T3, but then again I just saw enough people for a warband standing around in the Marshes of Madness warcamp. Don't even want to guess how many are in Scenarios. But....no world PvP and every PQ seems dead.

Stupid scenarios!!....:(

Cheeto

I play on Ungrim which is supposedly one of the lowest population server out there...but I am not seeing the problems that you guys are talking about. I can always find PQ parties and scenarios, however world RvR is dead but I think that's because it isn't a viable leveling option and if Mythic makes XP gains in world RvR more appealing I think you'll see a lot more activity.

eznark

Banned
It could just be where I am right now. I'm in elf land (E something or other) and there are no players around at all. When can I go to tier 3?

Cheeto

eznark said:
It could just be where I am right now. I'm in elf land (E something or other) and there are no players around at all. When can I go to tier 3?
I think with the recent change you can goto Teir 3 with your level 18 min. But I did notice when I was home sick the other day, that the servers are effectively empty in non-prime hours.

Macattk15

My guild and I constantly raid keeps. I'm Order though ... so as soon as we take a T3 or even T4 keep .... Destro pours in by buttloads.

I'm on Wolfenburg US. Top Order guild.

eznark said:

I agree with you. PQs need to be more populated in general somehow. I haven't fully completed a PQ in t4 yet.

Anyway, if you're around rank 19 you could hit up chapter 10 in any of the t3 zones.

At rank 19 I went to High Pass with guys from the guild and we did PQs until most of us had full Ch10 influence and hit rank 20. It was a lot of fun.
AsteriskM_095.jpg

High Pass also looks quite cool at night.

AsteriskM_102.jpg

Also, quite a few guildies and obviously lots of others are playing t3 scenarios, so you'd be able to join those groups. There's 6 scenarios and depending on when you play I think most should be queuing?

and I've been wanting to share my high score in damage from a winning game, so ill just link to it.

Twig

Banned
Macattk15 said:
My guild and I constantly raid keeps. I'm Order though ... so as soon as we take a T3 or even T4 keep .... Destro pours in by buttloads.

I'm on Wolfenburg US. Top Order guild.
I'm Destruction on Wolgenburg. I haven't seen a blue keep since Tier 2.

WHEN ARE YOU DOING THIS.

Macattk15

TheOneGuy said:
I'm Destruction on Wolgenburg. I haven't seen a blue keep since Tier 2.

WHEN ARE YOU DOING THIS.

Dude there were like 5 T2 Order keeps last night when I was leveling my Bright Wizard ... who is only level 13.

I saw Barak Varr, Marshes, Troll Country and one other one at one point under Order control.

But I agree, Destro usually owns everything.

I'm Sicar in Deja Vu ... a White Lion .... though I think I'm shelving him and sticking to the Bright Wizard now.

Dinged 40 tonight, 7days 16hours play time eep.

Order did our 4th or 5th fort raid. It is too bloody hard and we broke the server for a while where everything was 5seconds behind. We've managed to get to the lord room once and that was with very few destruction defenders. Theres just too many npc champions and they almost insta respawn (they may have changed that in 1.02).

Today destruction had a mass defence and it took us 50mins to get the 2nd door down. The inner fort has no pads for attacking siege equipment and defenders get 4. Eep.

In case anyone wasn't paying attention to the Patcher:

"Based on our observations and your feedback, we have determined that Fortress Lords and contested capital city guards are not providing the intended level of challenge. These enemies are among the most dangerous in the game, and battles against these deadly adversaries should be nothing short of epic.

As a result of the changes we've made, Fortress Lords and contested city guards will now be even more challenging that they were previously. In order to help players survive these perilous encounters, we have made the following adjustments to two of the game’s high-level armor sets.

* We have updated the Annihilator and Conqueror armor sets (acquired through a variety of high level RvR) to include Wards, in order to maintain parity with PvE Armor Sets.
* The Annihilator set now includes the same Ward as that offered by the Bastion Stair's Bloodlord set.
* The Conqueror set now includes the same Ward as that offered by the City Dungeon Sentinel set.
* Players who equip pieces from the Annihilator and Conqueror armor sets will be better-equipped to challenge the Fortress Lords and contested city guards. The more pieces equipped, the better defended players will be against these deadly adversaries
"

They could at least explain what this "Ward" is and why it's useful. I wasn't really paying attention and earlier today I noticed "Lesser Ward" on my buffs for...some reason and I had no clue why. After reading this I realized that it's because of this change and because I have a piece of Annihilator.

Apparently there are sort of "tiers" in the high end PvE encounters and each level of mob has some certain increase in damage. I'll just quote this dude from WHA who quoted a dude from vn.

"there are like 5 tiers of armor or something, this was posted on vn

t1 = 10% dmg reduction
t2 = 20% dmg reduction
t3 = ...
t4 = ...
t5 = 50% dmg reduction

t1 mobs = +10% extra dmg
t2 mobs = +20% extra dmg
t3 mobs = ...
t4 mobs = ...
t5 mobs = +50% extra dmg (keep lords I read on vn)

That's what I read, and basically how I understand it, some extra "buff" that makes it so you have to collect stuff to progress, similar to other games with raid content progression...

kinda lame imo, but whatever

my tiers may be off btw, its just to illustrate the basic idea, as i understand it.
"

Interesting change. By interesting, I mean "They really need to fix itemization if they want this to work."

The "rare" RVR stats are WAY too spread out at rank 40. I don't need 5-6 of each stat, mythic. And some of the Ironbreaker set bonuses have...+5 magic crit chance? What?

Weird.

You'd think they'd start by fixing itemization. Which is currently terrible, especially in the rvr sets where its laughable for most if not all classes.

Won

*scratches head*

Sounds lame, but I'm not sure what exactly this actually means.
But I'm pretty sure that needing better gear doesn't make an encounter more epic, Mythic......

JoeMartin

Teknopathetic said:
The "rare" RVR stats are WAY too spread out at rank 40. I don't need 5-6 of each stat, mythic. And some of the Ironbreaker set bonuses have...+5 magic crit chance? What?

I genuinely believe that they were just rolling dice to see which stats ended up on set gear.

Some of the stats have NO APPLICATION WHATSOEVER to the classes. Strength on epic BW gear? Really? REALLY?

Won

JoeMartin said:
I genuinely believe that they were just rolling dice to see which stats ended up on set gear.

Some of the stats have NO APPLICATION WHATSOEVER to the classes. Strength on epic BW gear? Really? REALLY?

I believe that the guy, who designed the sets lost a bet and had to put strength on all the gear, no matter what.

Twig

Banned
Macattk15 said:
Dude there were like 5 T2 Order keeps last night when I was leveling my Bright Wizard ... who is only level 13.

I saw Barak Varr, Marshes, Troll Country and one other one at one point under Order control.

But I agree, Destro usually owns everything.

I'm Sicar in Deja Vu ... a White Lion .... though I think I'm shelving him and sticking to the Bright Wizard now.
I just need to know.

Are you one of those assholes who queues ONLY for Tor Anroc. Your life may very well depend on the answer.

Kyoufu

I got all the classes to rank 5 or so and I'm not impressed at all. Public Quests are very nice as is getting XP for PvP kills but I'm baffled as to why my WoW install looks better than this. The first class I picked was a Chaos tank and it took SO LONG to kill a level 1 mob I almost threw up.

I also don't like doing PvP from the get-go. No abilities no crowd-control no damage no enjoyment.

What am I doing wrong?

Knox

Kyoufu said:
I got all the classes to rank 5 or so and I'm not impressed at all. Public Quests are very nice as is getting XP for PvP kills but I'm baffled as to why my WoW install looks better than this. The first class I picked was a Chaos tank and it took SO LONG to kill a level 1 mob I almost threw up.

I also don't like doing PvP from the get-go. No abilities no crowd-control no damage no enjoyment.

What am I doing wrong?
First of all, I want to play the WoW you're playing, I thought that line of thinking was dead and gone. Secondly and more to the point, I think you're being unfairly harsh in your judgment of the game. Aside from graphics the only real complaint about the game you articulated was combat being slow for a tank class at level 1. I think if you give it a shot you'll find that PvP is not so boring once you've got a good number of abilities to work with (you have most of your main abilities by your early teens), and you already said you liked public quests.

Onemic

Even though I'm loving WAR so far, one thing I really have to give a leg up to WoW for is the fact that everything's is seamless. In WAR everything is split up into zones, making every zone isolated from one another as each one has a loading screen, unlike in WoW, where everything is together, except for the three continents. WoW's, crafting system is also leagues better. The battle system and RVR is fuck awesome though,

Won

Kyoufu said:

What am I doing wrong?

You only played the classes to rank 5. That's your problem. I also played most destruction classes to 5 and didn't understand what is so great and powerful about them. But most of them only start to get "good" at 8. (class defining abilities and the first morale) Some even only at 10 (stealth, root). Well and some around 30, but thats another story.

Kyoufu

Won said:
You only played the classes to rank 5. That's your problem. I also played most destruction classes to 5 and didn't understand what is so great and powerful about them. But most of them only start to get "good" at 8. (class defining abilities and the first morale) Some even only at 10 (stealth, root). Well and some around 30, but thats another story.

Well I'll give it a shot even though I have no idea which class to play. I wanted my tanking fix but I'm unsure how far I can get solo with their limited dps...

Near the end of the game, I'm pretty sure that tank classes are easily the best "solo" class in the game, regarding pure leveling (Which is such a minor facet of WAR). Because most NPCs use melee, the high wounds, toughness, and armor you can pretty easily handle 2-3 NPCs a level or 2 (or 3) above you.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Kyoufu said:
Well I'll give it a shot even though I have no idea which class to play. I wanted my tanking fix but I'm unsure how far I can get solo with their limited dps...

there's your problem. game is very group based. your other problem being that you have only played to lvl 5...

Macattk15

TheOneGuy said:
I just need to know.

Are you one of those assholes who queues ONLY for Tor Anroc. Your life may very well depend on the answer.

Lol I just click join all and pick whatever pops. Usually Tor Anroc :(

TheExodu5

Banned
Honestly, I really want to play this game, but I can't find a good server.

I have a Rank 9 character on Volk'mar, and while the server population is great in terms of being able to easily get in scenarios and PQs, the server lags like a bitch. I moved to a lower pop server which runs fine with next to no lag, but there's no one on it!

Dina

Dropping the game after a month. My Archmage will never see the end of level 22, but so be it. No time for any MMO, not feeling the class or RvR anymore, other games coming out. It was fun while it lasted, about 2 weeks of active play.

Won

Holy hell @ Witch Elf. So thats how "being useful" feels. I still like my Squig Herder, but thats day and night between the classes.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Won said:
Holy hell @ Witch Elf. So thats how "being useful" feels. I still like my Squig Herder, but thats day and night between the classes.
Yep they crazy ass dps man way way way crazy.

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
hit 17 yesterday, loving this game.

2934699108_6036cfde11_b.jpg

starting to finally look cool. did chapter 9 pq's in advance and now I got all this rare lvl 19 gear I cant wear. :(

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
Destruction is attacking the the capiral city altdorf on the Aveh server, I cant seem to fly there, so how the hell do I get there on foot.

Onemic

Orin GA said:
Destruction is attacking the the capiral city altdorf on the Aveh server, I cant seem to fly there, so how the hell do I get there on foot.

Fly to the closest tier 4 zone and walk it from there.

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
there's a serious problem in rvr.

tonight me and a few members of guild were doing pq's and getting back a strong hold.

2936930482_a7e5c727a1_b.jpg

when we decided to siege a keep. a few guys turned to 10+ lvl 15-20.

2936074821_58eab81eb3_b.jpg

we broke through and we almost had the keep when destruction showed up. there was no way after that. I was suspicious as to why but then they were at the same time attacking one of our keeps so we go defend it.

impossible.

there are simply too many tanks rolling in destroction. we had like 2 tanks in order. seemed like most of destro were tanks. it was insane. needless to say the night ended in frustration.

lvl 18 now.

Your warband does look unbalanced as far as classes. Needmore tanks and healers to take on the keep lords, not to mention if destro shows up, yea, it'll be impossible.

The main problem is the lack of a global communication to find the rvr (and PQs) going on, because I'm sure there are keeps being taken, and others probably would have joined you had they known. If enemies show up, then great! I remember in t1/some t2 both beta and (earlier) release the RvR lakes were pretty active, and it was rad. Population seems to be spread too sparsely throughout the realms now though.

Last night on Averheim order had been claiming the t4 keeps, and I straggled in for the last one of the night. If I had known earlier, I would have joined, although they clearly didnt meet much opposition. took the keep without a hitch, my PQ bonus in keeps has never been great, but that's another thing. and then thunder valley mysteriously popped, my first time and it's a sweet scenario.

So today, I was running through an rvr lake in Praag scouting the objs, and I happened to run into a r36 Chosen. I instincitvely attack him, despite him being mounted, and despite his shield and axe, I was still able to take him down with a 2h. He came back looking for more, and I beat him three times in total. I got like 15k xp total (rested) and two greens. Pretty nice, although I felt like I should have maybe let him win once, and maybe it would've kept him coming back for more.

Maybe Chosen really doesnt have much damage output as someone was saying, and besides he dropped quick. Zerg is their strength I guess, besides the appealing coolness of their aesthetic.

The third time he had equipped his 2h axe, and I still made short work of him. He rooted me and tried to get away, to no avail of course; i rooted to show that i meant business. :lol After that I equipped my shield to see if he'd have more a chance; alas, he never showed up.

It was just nice to have a human opponent outside of scenarios or rushing through keep sieges, so I'd like to see some more sort of incentive to get people roaming through the orvr zones, be it global rvr information, or a population scrunch.

Bastion Stair is fucking *awful*.

Wow.

PQs that are bugged and don't drop loot, shitty influence rewards, and some seriously wonk as fuck boss fights.

JEEZ.

Top Bottom