• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhammer Online, The Official Thread of Destruction vs Order

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Teknopathetic said:
Bastion Stair is fucking *awful*.

Wow.

PQs that are bugged and don't drop loot, shitty influence rewards, and some seriously wonk as fuck boss fights.

JEEZ.

damn homie

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
hoping to balance things out I loaded my lvl 3 ironbreaker and took him to lvl 9 today. doesn't seem like a boring class at all. though the oath brother thing can be a hasle.

Ferrio

Banned
otake said:
hoping to balance things out I loaded my lvl 3 ironbreaker and took him to lvl 9 today. doesn't seem like a boring class at all. though the oath brother thing can be a hasle.

Ironbreaker rocks.

I'm loathing my squig herder. Not only is it weak as hell, but it's boring too. PLINK PLINK PLINK PLINK PLINK

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
orinn_m_027923.jpg

The hell? This is not a sword.

orinn_m_028652.jpg

Won

Ferrio said:
Ironbreaker rocks.

I'm loathing my squig herder. Not only is it weak as hell, but it's boring too. PLINK PLINK PLINK PLINK PLINK

I tried my rank 20 SH today after spending the last few days only on my Witch Elf and it was just sad. No variation, no damage, no utility. :(

I also have to say that I don't know how to get through T3 at the moment. My Witch Elf is Rank 21 and I'm already sick of Tor Anroc. I'm done grinding out a chapter, before someone shows up to actually finish a PQ and open rvr seems dead as usual. :(

It is the same feeling I always got at Stranglethorn in WoW. Just can't get through it. But this time I already struggle with my first time.

Twig

Banned
Won said:
I tried my rank 20 SH today after spending the last few days only on my Witch Elf and it was just sad. No variation, no damage, no utility. :(

I also have to say that I don't know how to get through T3 at the moment. My Witch Elf is Rank 21 and I'm already sick of Tor Anroc. I'm done grinding out a chapter, before someone shows up to actually finish a PQ and open rvr seems dead as usual. :(

It is the same feeling I always got at Stranglethorn in WoW. Just can't get through it. But this time I already struggle with my first time.
Yeah.

I really do like the game, but lack of population is kind of killing it for me. Or maybe it's lack of communication. Or both.

That and I sincerely hope Mythic finds a way to force people to play something other than Tor Anroc. Or at least incentive to play other scenarios. Or, better yet, incentive to do world RvR. This game has the same problem WoW had. Which is sad. No reason to do open-world RvR, because it's just not as immediately-rewarding. "Fun" isn't enough for people in MMOs.

Ferrio said:
Ironbreaker rocks.

Aimin' Quickly is the only way for a Squig Herder to do decent damage, sadly.

Onemic

This game is asking for graphical mods. So much of the games graphics have been held back by the developers. of course AF/AA is a HUGE factor(without manually setting your GPU to use AF, warhammer defaults at trilinear filtering, making the game look extremely ugly), but there's also the absolutely absurd mip-maps used in the game, that come into effect if you're standing a mere 5 meters away from something. Of course animation frames are also cut drastically after a short distance as well, and when high quality shadows are really only high quality in terms of your characters shadow. Everyone else stays in low quality with only a simple shadow blob appearing before them.

Is there a moddable ini or something, because frankly I'm surprised no one has at least tried looking into improving WARS graphics.

Won

Teknopathetic said:
Seriously.

The elite reward for bastion stair is a choice between boots and...something else. Purple. Both have like...willpower, initiative, and...something else useless. FOR EVERY CLASS. No shit. The exact same stats. For an ironbreaker. And it wasn't even a lot of them either. Shit was AWFUL.

http://www.wardb.com/search.aspx?search_text=Beastman+Nemesis -- Those are the elite influence rewards in bastion stair for every class.

Wow. :lol

I have seen many stats fuck ups in the past, but copy/paste stats are something new for me.

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
i absolutely love playing ironbreaker. shadow warrior? fuck that!

this game just gets better and better.

Kade

Yeah, I quit playing my Witch Hunter and made an Iron Breaker. I've been playing tank characters for the past 10 years in MMO's and started hating them during Guild Wars, but now I love them again. Thank you Mythic!

Just got the game yesterday and rolled a Black Orc. So far it's pretty fun, despite my computer being slow as molasses. I like the achievement and bonus experience for finding landmarks. Gimme more xp!

Sullen

Teknopathetic said:
"damn homie"

Seriously.

The elite reward for bastion stair is a choice between boots and...something else. Purple. Both have like...willpower, initiative, and...something else useless. FOR EVERY CLASS. No shit. The exact same stats. For an ironbreaker. And it wasn't even a lot of them either. Shit was AWFUL.

http://www.wardb.com/search.aspx?search_text=Beastman+Nemesis -- Those are the elite influence rewards in bastion stair for every class.

Haha wow, you know my guild was going to go there, but fuck that. I don't understand why all gear is so shit in this game except for the green sets that pop up every 2 levels. Influence gear/renown gear (except for weapons in some cases) is such ass, why would anyone put stuff on that has absolutely no resistances? :lol

Man, I long for the old days of beta when the renown vendor actually sold gear that you wanted to wear, since retail I havent worn a single piece on any of my characters. How the fuck can you justify no resistances on renown (PVP!) gear, it blows my mind.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Sullen said:
Man, I long for the old days of beta when the renown vendor actually sold gear that you wanted to wear, since retail I havent worn a single piece on any of my characters. How the fuck can you justify no resistances on renown (PVP!) gear, it blows my mind.

You can blame everyone who bitched about that gear in the beta for the change. Those whiners got the gear nerfed down considerably.

Jube3

Kintaro said:
You can blame everyone who bitched about that gear in the beta for the change. Those whiners got the gear nerfed down considerably.

Yea that gear was great, keeps were always full of people in beta fighting to get their gear lol. I spent yesterday solo grinding a PQ in ch19 death peak to get a staff, that was rough. Got the staff though, if any level 32 RPs need a good staff the one from there has 52 willpower, 50 wounds and 27 toughness i think. The PQ is called Whooshaz Boyz. It can be solod since a large part of stage 1 is to collect things. If you are solo its 100 INF per item and theres 60 to get so it adds up. Takes about 5-6 repeats of stage 1. Although if you have 3-5 people you can easily blow through it over and over again.

TheOneGuy said:
I call 'shopped. No way you got into a T3 scenario that isn't Tor Anroc!

;-;

Those are some pretty nice mods, though. Share with me. O:
lmao, lots of different ones have been popping, got into a lot of temple of isha and that cementary one.

Won

Man, Karak Eight Peaks T4 sounds like a mess at the moment. Exploits and bugs everywhere. Altdorf locked down in less than 2 hours. Etc. etc.

Will be interesting to see how Mythic reacts, considering the fact they can't just hotfix thanks to GOA's slow patch speed. At least some fixes are coming.

phinious

Anyone know what the easiest Order class to play is? My fiance is taking the afternoon off work and Im gonna have her try leveling up something=) Its gotta be easy and fairly stress free. She willl prolly only do PVE, so I was thinking maybe a tank class...

Not that they are the easiest, but it would allow her to live longer;)

Mareg

phinious said:
Anyone know what the easiest Order class to play is? My fiance is taking the afternoon off work and Im gonna have her try leveling up something=) Its gotta be easy and fairly stress free. She willl prolly only do PVE, so I was thinking maybe a tank class...

Not that they are the easiest, but it would allow her to live longer;)

Definitly White Lion.

Its a durable close range DPS class with a feline sidekick. Your wife will probably dig the company of her Lion + the good looks of the High Elves.
Also, you have to fuck up real bad to die in PVE with this class. You even get a personnal tank.

Now understand that if she wants to pvp, no close-range dps is easy in that department. She will die a LOT.

Macattk15

onemic said:
This game is asking for graphical mods. So much of the games graphics have been held back by the developers. of course AF/AA is a HUGE factor(without manually setting your GPU to use AF, warhammer defaults at trilinear filtering, making the game look extremely ugly), but there's also the absolutely absurd mip-maps used in the game, that come into effect if you're standing a mere 5 meters away from something. Of course animation frames are also cut drastically after a short distance as well, and when high quality shadows are really only high quality in terms of your characters shadow. Everyone else stays in low quality with only a simple shadow blob appearing before them.

Is there a moddable ini or something, because frankly I'm surprised no one has at least tried looking into improving WARS graphics.

As soon as they fix the problem of 8 fps in large scale RvR Keep Sieges I will not worry about the game looking like crap.

I have a OC'ed Quad Core w/ oc'ed 8800 gts sli'ed .... there is NO reason why on the lowest settings (shit draw distance, shadows off, grass off, 1680x1050 res ... 2x AA, 2x AF) that I should get shit ass FPS. Hell ... even while playing Lost Temple of Isha ... if I turn and face the Temple .... 15 FPS .... soon as I look away? 70 fps.

WTF.

Chris R

Macattk15 said:
As soon as they fix the problem of 8 fps in large scale RvR Keep Sieges I will not worry about the game looking like crap.

I have a OC'ed Quad Core w/ oc'ed 8800 gts sli'ed .... there is NO reason why on the lowest settings (shit draw distance, shadows off, grass off, 1680x1050 res ... 2x AA, 2x AF) that I should get shit ass FPS. Hell ... even while playing Lost Temple of Isha ... if I turn and face the Temple .... 15 FPS .... soon as I look away? 70 fps.

WTF.
Something is wrong with your system. I get nothing like that.

Also have to say, the morale that the swordmaster gets at 20 is fucking sweet. Ranged Conal AOE up to 65 feet away. Perfect for chokepoints in RvR

Macattk15

I don't know what could be wrong. I've installed all the latest drivers .... removed all previous drivers beforehand instead of just installing over them.

Verified that both the CPU and GPU's are running at OC'ed speeds. I have no idea where to start looking.

I'm fine in most scenarios and open world. But the game just goes to complete crap sometimes .... ESPECIALLY when I get that Prayer buff from Warrior Priests .... holy hell my FPS shoots down to like 10 until the animation of orange light over me fades.

Oh and I'm running Vista x64 SP1 .... with 4GB RAM ... maybe it's Vista I don't know, never really had any problems in other games.

Won

Oh I'm pretty sure it is the game. Did take a keep yesterday. 1 Warband, no order, 5 npcs, 5 fps. Yeah...no, shouldn't be like this. Even Age of Conan ran better on high settings on my system.
Seems a combination of many things that cause this. Some spell effects, some issues with the UI etc.. I hope they fix it soon, but I doubt it.

Went back into the Trial of Carnage wing (easiest wing) of Bastion Stair. They stealth-fixed the first PQ boss so he drops some (eh) loot. Still a REALLY easy fight, that said, a lot of my group is above his level. (Actually most of my group is above the entire wing's level). We skipped the second boss because he's kind of ridiculous and because wiping makes you restart at the beginning and have to reclear all the way back to it we didn't bother. The third PQ is actually decent. Again, kind of easy, but we're higher level. The third stage requires you to kill these packs of champions that are still really easy but each "main" champion at the end of these 3 caves that drop 2 pieces of bloodlord stuff (A weapon and a piece of armor) each. The Bloodlord stuff is actually pretty decent, plus it has lesser ward so you're gonna need it before you step in the city dungeons.

The end boss doesn't seem hard, but we only tried him once and we couldn't figure him out before one of us had to leave.

Not quite a 180 on Bastion Stair, more like a 45.

AeroGod

Guild controls are bugged as hell or something. I was cleaning up some inactive members and it randomly removes some other people too. Hah! Err....sorry if you got accidentally removed from the guild shoot someone a tell and we will get you back in.

.....Fucking Mythic.

mr stroke

Anyone know how long it will take me to get to the other side of the map?
a friend of mine is playing(same server) as Chaos but started in Norsca, I am a Dark Elf and started in The Blighted Isle..I am only a LvL 8 now, so is there a way to get all the way over there?(boat?) or do I have to wait until I am a much higher lvl first?

eznark

Banned
Finally hit twenty last night. Now I have to walk from the tier 3 elf land I was in to find a damn warcamp so I can fly to get my horse.

man I wish I could ride a dinosaur.

Jube3

Teknopathetic said:
Went back into the Trial of Carnage wing (easiest wing) of Bastion Stair. They stealth-fixed the first PQ boss so he drops some (eh) loot. Still a REALLY easy fight, that said, a lot of my group is above his level. (Actually most of my group is above the entire wing's level). We skipped the second boss because he's kind of ridiculous and because wiping makes you restart at the beginning and have to reclear all the way back to it we didn't bother. The third PQ is actually decent. Again, kind of easy, but we're higher level. The third stage requires you to kill these packs of champions that are still really easy but each "main" champion at the end of these 3 caves that drop 2 pieces of bloodlord stuff (A weapon and a piece of armor) each. The Bloodlord stuff is actually pretty decent, plus it has lesser ward so you're gonna need it before you step in the city dungeons.

The end boss doesn't seem hard, but we only tried him once and we couldn't figure him out before one of us had to leave.

Not quite a 180 on Bastion Stair, more like a 45.

Ive done 2 of the wings so far, I got a real LBRS, early wow instance feel from it for some reason. I enjoyed it though. I was happy to see that the hero's had tricks to them and weren't just tank and spank. Not saying they were Sunwell quality but i was happy to see that they had thought put into them.

Suburban Cowboy said:
Where is the person who gives you a last name in Inevitable City
Next to the Citadel where the leader sits.

So..

I have a 28 Squig Herder on hold.. put my 18 shaman on hold too.. and I rolled a Magus. I'm enjoying him a ton. People who complained that they were weak are lamesauce.. as long as you cause havoc with dots and what not.. they can be really fun.

mr stroke

eznark said:
Finally hit twenty last night. Now I have to walk from the tier 3 elf land I was in to find a damn warcamp so I can fly to get my horse.

man I wish I could ride a dinosaur.

how do you ride the Dinosaur?

diffusionx

Gold Member
Well, I'm gonna go ahead and spoil it a bit, because I really would like to play as a Knight of the Blazing Sun!

The only thing is, I might just run to Nordland and fly to the high elf place or something right away. I have done the Nordland/Norsca thing twice, once with a Marauder and once with my Witch Hunter.

It seems like this patch 1.1 is what the game should've been when it came out, and since it will be out soon, it could've been, if they pushed it back a couple months... but I am sure they wanted to get a good jump on Lich King, which I understand. Im only level 15 but having a great time with it.

Mareg said:
Now understand that if she wants to pvp, no close-range dps is easy in that department. She will die a LOT.

OMG yes. I am not a hardcore MMO guy. I still haven't figured out how to use my Witch Hunter in sieges and the like. And if I am playing a scenario, if I go incognito and try to sneak up on the healers, everyone goes ! like the MGS guards and destroy me in 2 seconds.

Top Bottom