• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhammer Online, The Official Thread of Destruction vs Order

Chris R

Cheeto said:
This. They really need to add more incentive to World RvR.
They really do. I'd level purely off open world RvR if possible.

And I know I'll be sticking around at least until I get a single 40 and do some of the end game stuff. WoW has lost its touch to me at least for now, as I don't want to play my mage because they kinda suck, and I'd rather not spend time leveling another alt when multiboxers can do it in a few hours compared to my few days

I was formerly advocating linkage of scenarios between servers, but that might not be the right answer, and as somebody said, an MMO without people in the world is not an MMO.
If they did link the scenarios the open RvR would be even more empty. It would be ideal if there was always RvR that you could just hop in and out as you please, ya know, but as it stands it's rare enough, and then it all seems to depend on who has the zerg.

Scenarios are primarily what initially latched me into the game during beta, though, and I'd like to at least PLAY all of the T4 scenarios, since for some reason Serpent's Pass is the only one that queues, and like three instances of it too. So why the hell are 30 people playing Serpent's Pass and ignoring the other scenarios? Beats me. I enjoyed the few grounds of Grovod Caverns I played a lot.

I suppose the answer could possibly be to merge the servers if the servers can handle it, All fo the RvR lakes could be active, and all the scenarios could be played. Problem solved wot seems game-breaking and leaves me logging off after a scenario or two and my rested experience bonus is gone.

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
played last night and it was absolutely EPIC. 3 warbands got together and took a keep. :D this is why this game is awesome.

Jube3

If the game grows into what it was in beta scenarios will be rarely done and world rvr will be what is done, not just keep sieges vs no one. Roaming 6mans etc. I cant wait till praag kicks in.

BTW for those on Phoenix Throne, tonight at 9est there is a PVP event in Praag. Show up and get to killing. Im hoping to rack up a level tonight.

mr stroke

whiterabbit said:
Scenarios are primarily what initially latched me into the game during beta, though, and I'd like to at least PLAY all of the T4 scenarios, since for some reason Serpent's Pass is the only one that queues, and like three instances of it too. So why the hell are 30 people playing Serpent's Pass and ignoring the other scenarios?.

this is my point, IMO scenarios are what really set this game apart from other MMO's, and right now they are broken(at least in my case)
you get every one playing the same scenario over and over, weather its "Serpents Pass" in Tier 4 or "Nordenwatch" in Tier 1. Either a merger of scenarios needs to happen or maybe just limiting one scenario to happen every 15 minutes like others have said? Something needs to change if they want to keep subs though.

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
Well...I formed a warband to take some BFO's and it went well. Then someone suggested that we take the keep. I of course object to it because once destro sees something that isnt red in their zone it gets PRX'ed.

(PRX is a zerg guild on the Averhim servers)

Anyway, I go along for the ride fully knowing wed be rushed. 10 min later they are all over us. After a horrible death we decide to go to another zone, and hope we can get in the keep before anyone notices. No suck luck. All it takes is one PRX member to see us and tell everyone where we are.

Order too has a zerg guild but they are still in tier 2-3. It will be intresting to see what happens when most of order reaches tier 4

phinious

Guys, I have left the guild. But now I want to rejoin and take it back!

I was looking for a guild that would accept the GAF guild members so we could all remain friends. After finding more out about all the guilds this is impossible. All the active guilds require people to apply and noone is garaunteed a spot.

So I propose the SEAMUS gives me guild leadership, or us gaffers start a new guild and recruit active players. That way we can all hang together still, and also participate in an active guild.

Let me know if you guys are interested. Seamus, please send me a PM and let me know if you can pass leadership.

Thanks,

Vent

nataku

I'm still interested in sticking with the other GAFers who still play, so if we can't get outselves all in the same guild I'd like to keep the current one with an active leader so we can bring in new people and do other things to keep the guild alive. I'm up for starting a new one too, if that's what people want, but it would be nice to keep our current guild level without having to start over at Lv1 again. Plus I think our guild name is badass.

Hopefully recruting new members will get us people who are gonna stick around longer now that the free month is up for most people.

witness

So what are the most popular servers? I'm getting this game for christmas, done with WoW giving account to my brother, how does this run on common laptop's? I heard that in the next patch they're making some changes so that it runs better on lower end machines? I'm highly looking forward to jumping into a new MMO and am looking at playing a Warrior Priest as my main, love the idea of the holy warrior/paladin, and mesing around with an engineering and the tank classes.

phinious

Everyone in Guild of the Forever. We are merging with Bash and Brew. Please register for the forums at www.bashandbrew.com. Make an introductory post about yourself, we are all allowed to join.

This is going to be a great thing for thsoe that want more action in the game. This guild is large and active, they are also part of the largest Alliance on the server. Excelsius is their guild leader, he is a great guy.

Please /w vent for more info, and for an invite. Or PM me on the forums.

See you guys soon,
-Vent

Mareg

Mareg said:
Its not your server.
Last night, at prime time, there weren't any server pop higher then Medium. And there weren't many that were event at that. Most were at low.
Now I logged on my server wich was at Med and there were "echoes when I talked".
I searched for the biggest guild on the destruction size and there were hardly more then 10 folks online per guild.
I also checked the forts on Tier2/Tier3. No keep lords were attacked, nothing was happening in open RvR.
I stayed queued for scenarios for the whole 2 hours I was online, nothing popped. NOTHING.

Now its a damn shame because this game is absolutly stellar and after experiencing its greatness, I had absolutly no intention to go back to any other MMO. This would be my definitive MMO.

Now however, after a couple of nights of loosing the majority of the community, there is no way I'll play an RPG in an MMO shell.

I will probably not renew my subscription until they merge all servers into only one expensive cohesive world. An MMO is nothing without a world filled with people.

Again, its a damn shame this game has tremendous potential. I seriously don't understand why people are quiting on it. I'm loosing fate in people altogether. I might as well ditch the MMO experience. Damn, someone give me a knife I'm going all EMO.

Hey Gaf, I'm rarely quoting myself. However, I didn't want to left things this way after finding the solution to all those naggin problems.

The solution is called Skull Throne.
This server is crazy. Specially if you wanted to roll Destuction but didn't because scenarios were taking too long to pop.

Here, there is activity in all Tier. The population is pretty much the same on both factions and is staying at med/high at any hour of the day. In every zone of every Tier, you can be sure to see 5+ groups doing PQs. Keeps are being defended and taken everywhere. Its crazy. You just have to make a choice at how to spend your time and you can be sure it will be of quality. I have found the WAR MMO, and it is only possible on Skull Throne. Thanks Skull Throne. I have no idea what chain of events provided this server with the key elements to make the experience fun, but I'm greatfull it happened. It saved the game for me.

If you want to experience the MMO, reroll on Skull Throne and don't worry. In Tier 1, there is people running everywhere. You won't ever feel alone anymore :D

Jube3

Yea I have a marauder alt on Skull Throne for when I want to play early mornings and the queues are instant at like 5 am on tier 1 lol. I cant stomach the general talk or the names though. Ill stick to the rp server im on even though I dont RP.

Cheeto

phinious said:
Everyone in Guild of the Forever. We are merging with Bash and Brew. Please register for the forums at www.bashandbrew.com. Make an introductory post about yourself, we are all allowed to join.

This is going to be a great thing for thsoe that want more action in the game. This guild is large and active, they are also part of the largest Alliance on the server. Excelsius is their guild leader, he is a great guy.

See you guys soon,
-Vent
I made an alt Bright Wizard on your server, and I think it might turn into my main. Are guild invites still open?

Cheeto

Eh, my Bright Wizard is only level 6 at the moment, and this guild that they merged with sounds like they are too serious to take a low level member...I guess we'll see when I'm T4.

Jube3

Servers down for new patch + halloween event

Greetings!

At 7:00AM EDT all North American servers will be brought down to begin updating to 1.0.4. Oceanic servers will follow at 9:00AM EDT. We expect all servers to be back online by 1:00PM EDT.

Be sure to check out the latest notes and updates coming with 1.0.4, you can find them here.

As always keep an eye on the Herald for the latest information and updates!

Patch Notes
http://mythicmktg.fileburst.com/war/...eaders/104.jpg

Game Update 1.0.4 is upon us!

We've got a bunch of great stuff inside most notably being the start of our first Live Event: Witching Night!

Wednesday, October 29th at 7:00AM EDT all North American Servers will be brought down to begin the update. Oceanic servers will follow at 9:00AM EDT. We expect servers to be online by 1PM EDT.

Please note that during the first 40 minutes of downtime the Mythic Account Center may be unavailable while it is updated as well.

Enjoy the notes below and we'll see you on the battlefield...WAAAGH!!!

http://mythicmktg.fileburst.com/war/...highlights.gif

* The Witching Night live event has begun! For details, see the Warhammer Online Herald.

* With the arrival of 1.0.4 we are now one step closer to offering Character Transfers from low population servers to medium population servers and the final stages of testing have begun. We’re excited to share all the details, keep an eye on the WAR Herald for more information and to find out how you can help us test the Free Character Transfer service in the coming days!
* We have added three new guild rewards in the form of dungeon teleport scrolls. Each scroll can be purchased from a guild quartermaster, and is a single-use item that will teleport the player to a dungeon:
o Gunbad Teleport Scroll - This reward is unlocked at guild rank 29, and will teleport the player into the entrance lobby area of the Gunbad Tunnels.
o Bastion Stair Teleport Scroll - This reward is unlocked at guild rank 32, and will teleport the player into the entrance lobby area of the Bastion Stair.
o Lost Vale Teleport Scroll - This reward is unlocked at guild rank 35, and will teleport the player to just outside the entrance to the Lost Vale.
* Once a city has become contested, the attacking realm will now have 6 hours to capture it. If the invaders do not conquer the city in that time, the defenders will be declared victorious and the campaign will reset.
* Pets set to follow will now path properly to their master, and will no longer teleport instantly to their master's side.
* Fixed an issue that was causing pets to stop attacking their current target and return to their master's side. This issue would occur when a pet was ordered to change targets in mid combat, and the previous target subsequently died.
* Fixed an issue that could sometimes cause trainer icons not to appear on the minimaps.
* The successful capture of an enemy battlefield objective now rewards the capturing players with experience.
* In response to player feedback, the amount of renown earned from healing players has been increased slightly.

witness

Mareg said:
Hey Gaf, I'm rarely quoting myself. However, I didn't want to left things this way after finding the solution to all those naggin problems.

The solution is called Skull Throne.
This server is crazy. Specially if you wanted to roll Destuction but didn't because scenarios were taking too long to pop.

Here, there is activity in all Tier. The population is pretty much the same on both factions and is staying at med/high at any hour of the day. In every zone of every Tier, you can be sure to see 5+ groups doing PQs. Keeps are being defended and taken everywhere. Its crazy. You just have to make a choice at how to spend your time and you can be sure it will be of quality. I have found the WAR MMO, and it is only possible on Skull Throne. Thanks Skull Throne. I have no idea what chain of events provided this server with the key elements to make the experience fun, but I'm greatfull it happened. It saved the game for me.

If you want to experience the MMO, reroll on Skull Throne and don't worry. In Tier 1, there is people running everywhere. You won't ever feel alone anymore :D

Sounds like a lot of fun, I'll be sure to roll my WP there once I get the game. Question though, are there PVP/PVE servers in WAR? Do PVE servers work like the ones in WoW where you wont be "flagged" unless you opt in?

Mareg

witness said:
Sounds like a lot of fun, I'll be sure to roll my WP there once I get the game. Question though, are there PVP/PVE servers in WAR? Do PVE servers work like the ones in WoW where you wont be "flagged" unless you opt in?

I think there are 3 kinds of server.

Core (PVE) : You have to meet certain conditions to be flagged PVP. Enter a PVP restricted zone, manually flagging yourself for PVP, being in a battleground. The PVE questing and party quests are located in PVE zones.

Open RVR : AKA WoW PVP servers.
Open RVR RP : Same with RP mindset playerbase.

Skull Throne is a Core server.

Won

Today inside the Doomfist Crater:

*Engineer uses Electromagnet*
*all destro players get sucked into the middle*
*Magus uses Chaotic Rift*
*all order players get sucked to all the destro players*
*scenario ends after 4 minutes with a ~60:60 score*

I think something is wrong with the PvP in this game, but I'm not sure what it is......

spootime

This is the most fun I have ever had in an MMO ever. Last night, me and a guildie were playing mourkain temple. We mounted, and snuck around to destro's side. We assassinated the carrier, took it back, and ended up winning 500-2. TONS of fun.

Also: bw's do awesome damage.

otake

event and all; my server is still empty. is warcraft that good?

Mareg

Skull Throne was on fire too with the Event.

Mythic really need to speed up the free char transfert. Those empy servers are a joke and make them looks like fools.

Won

Ugly!

1zn3oy9.jpg

Overall not really liking the event. The PvP part is clearly beta testing for the 1.1 stuff and the rest....influence grind...yeah.

And they still need to tweak the loot in keep raids. Just rolled a 56 after getting first in contribution. I can live with it on normal PQs since I just can do them again and there are plenty other chances to get a loot bag, but hoping to get that golden loot bag for the set breast is kinda pointless and won't happen in T3 for me. :(

"And they still need to tweak the loot in keep raids. Just rolled a 56 after getting first in contribution. I can live with it on normal PQs since I just can do them again and there are plenty other chances to get a loot bag, but hoping to get that golden loot bag for the set breast is kinda pointless and won't happen in T3 for me. :("

I think Keep lords should just drop loot like instance boss mobs, but somehow linking it to everyone who took part in the keep siege and not whichever party/wb tagged it first. It also needs to be need only for classes who can actually wear it and for who don't already own a piece.

I'm sure that's probably horrifically complicated to actually implement and its easy for some schmoe on a forum to suggest it, but hey.

Chris R

Who do I talk to to get back into the guild? Saw the note that there was a merger or whatever and then gquit so I didn't have to pay taxes anymore on my loots :lol

Also since the queue times were hella long last night in T3 I decided to start playing my RP... Holy hell, healing isn't that bad really, and I've yet to lose a scenario. Good healing with people protecting the healers = win.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
phinious said:

See you guys soon,
-Vent
I will do this next time I play. I was playing today in the morning and I was confused about it.

otake

So I moved my character to another server and I was reminded why Warhammer is such a great game.

How about a picture:

2992514275_c748524f57_b.jpg

now you can't really see how many enemy players were there. The next pic shows about half of them.

2992514357_a283d285e8_b.jpg

In case you didn't know; red means enemy. That's half the people right there! We went back on forth on the strongholds for 3 hours! I just casually logged in and bumped into this, it was crazy!

JoeMartin

I tried to love you WAR, really, I did.

The mechanics are there I hope a lot of people continue to play and enjoy themselves, but the whole game is just too... structured for me. I love PvP to death, but the whole thing has already become just too predictable. The same scenarios, the same instances, the same keep fights going the same exact way.

And another huge point that it has failed to deliver for me is the weight of combat; that is to say that there's absolutely no risk vs. reward in the combat. I don't get a rush from combat knowing that it doesn't really matter one way or another if I die or do badly. It's just not there. There's no real reason to care all that much about that t4 zone you just lost. It'll reset eventually. I can get my gear elsewhere. RvRing for the hell of it so I can get some trinkets on my belt doesn't interest me in the slightest.

I'm going back to the only MMO whose subscription I have never canceled since I started - EVE.

I plan on making and maintaining an epic EVE thread (even if it's only me posting in it) here shortly.

Best of luck in Bash and Brew guys. What little I did play with them they were a great bunch of guys.

mr stroke

otake said:
So I moved my character to another server and I was reminded why Warhammer is such a great game.

How about a picture:

2992514275_c748524f57_b.jpg

now you can't really see how many enemy players were there. The next pic shows about half of them.

2992514357_a283d285e8_b.jpg

In case you didn't know; red means enemy. That's half the people right there! We went back on forth on the strongholds for 3 hours! I just casually logged in and bumped into this, it was crazy!

what server is this? and how do I change over?

Twig

Banned
JoeMartin said:
I'm going back to the only MMO whose subscription I have never canceled since I started - EVE.

I plan on making and maintaining an epic EVE thread (even if it's only me posting in it) here shortly.
I really want to get back into EVE. I canceled my sub because I refuse to pay for two MMOs at a time when I can barely even make the time to play one. BUT. EVE is pretty awesome. ]=

I want an MMO with WoW's level of polish, WAR's ease of PvP, AoC's open PvP, and EVE's freedom.

IS THAT REALLY SO MUCH TO ASK?

Maybe I should just quit MMOs!

JoeMartin said:
And another huge point that it has failed to deliver for me is the weight of combat; that is to say that there's absolutely no risk vs. reward in the combat. I don't get a rush from combat knowing that it doesn't really matter one way or another if I die or do badly. It's just not there. There's no real reason to care all that much about that t4 zone you just lost. It'll reset eventually. I can get my gear elsewhere. RvRing for the hell of it so I can get some trinkets on my belt doesn't interest me in the slightest.
And, yeah, that's a huge problem. Though I would say there's plenty of reward for doing well in RvR. But there's not near enough risk. You lose nothing. How boring. (This was also a problem in AoC. And WoW. EVE, not so much.)

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly, the game really feels like it is lacking "a point" for people to continue playing. I only have a 25 Runepriest and a 24 Chosen, but I am already starting to feel bored with the game. I can tell that even if I get to level 40 I will just be farming scenarios over and over again to get renown ranks for rewards that really aren't even that great.

The PvE content that I have experienced so far is very boring, and while the PvP content is quite entertaining, it seems to get more and more frustrating as levels progress. I loved Tier 1 and 2, but the massive amount of crowd control abilities that every class gets starting near the end of T2 really takes the enjoyment out of PvP.

Open world RvR is also fairly boring due to the way renown and exp are distributed and calculated, and primarily due to the fact that there isn't much point to holding a keep. There really is no benefit to capturing keeps and defending them. In fact, all you do is lose money (and lots of it in T4 from what I hear). They really needed to make it so that keeps were geographically positioned in a way that made them significant. Put them at crossroads so that is extremely difficult for the other side to pass through without capturing the keep. Maybe make it so that flight masters only exist in keeps or something. There just needs to be some meaning or some kind of significance to owning a keep. It shouldn't just be a drain on resources and give no benefit to the faction that owns it.

Right now the game feels like a good class-based PvP game, but honestly that just isn't enough for me to justify the monthly fee. I like the Warhammer lore, I like the art and graphics, and I really enjoy a lot of the class mechanics, but the game just seems to lack meaning. I don't want to play $15 per month just to have access to scenarios that are usually so lopsided that you know which side is going to have a landside victory within the first two minutes. It is a good game, but they definitely need to add a whole lot to make open world RvR more interesting and improve the PvE game as well.

nataku

Should note that the actual patch isn't tomorrow (at least, I don't think) just the patch notes being released.

They might be rolling out the public test server with 1.05, though. I'd assume so anyway, otherwise there is no point in releasing the full notes.

Notes are 17+ pages... and career changes account for almost 14 of those pages.

Won

Hmm will be interesting. But I won't judge it before I see the full notes.

I just hope that thing comes out before my free month ends.

http://herald.warhammeronline.com/warherald/NewsArticle.war?id=434

Patch notes are up and Yeah, nataku was right, this'll be on the Test Server first.

I like just about everything EXCEPT what they did to Ironbreaker grudge. That will really be unplayable. You can't even think about using any grudge spending abilities now. And Grumble an' Mutter absolutely cannot work worth that system. If they want to do this, they're definitely going to have to rework all of the grudge-reliant ablities.

Sullen

On a personal level, I'm kind of disappointed by the changes. They didn't address the some of the weirdness with sorc compared to bright wizard, and they didn't fix alot of abilities that were straight up broken, like the disciple wracking agony. I'm all for balancing, but first they might want to address abilities that are straight up broken/bugged/not working as intended.

Vinci

Danish
Won said:
Love the Bright Wizard/Sorcerer nerfs. "Damage increased" means nerf, right? RIGHT?

Yeah, I remember playing a BW all through beta and after release and thinking, "You know, this career is just missing something - they're just not damaging enough, I dunno. It's like they could hit for so much more!"

Fortunately, for the increasingly rare BWs out there, our prayers were heard. Thank you, Mythic.

JoeMartin

Won said:
Love the Bright Wizard/Sorcerer nerfs. "Damage increased" means nerf, right? RIGHT?

What's even better is that it's all the DOTs that got "balanced."

I wholeheartedly agree with these nerfs. Incinerate/detonate was not doing nearly enough damage.

Vinci

Danish
phinious said:
YAY for SWs!

Tons of buffs=)

I especially dug the +Ballistic to +Strength conversion. That's just stupidly awesome. In fact, it and the Squig Herder are the biggest winners coming out of that patch.

Other than BWs, 'cause ... you know ... they always win.

Top Bottom