• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhammer Online, The Official Thread of Destruction vs Order

Haeleos

methane47 said:
Quick question GAF: My brother bought the game... Gave me the discs i installed it on my machine... do i still have to BUY ANOTHER COPY Of the game!?!!? in order to play on separate accounts?

Yes

nataku

I swear Mythic doesn't know how to patch their game without fucking something major up. The past two patches have made the game completely unplayable for me. 1.0.6 in oRvR had major spell casting delay... 1-3 seconds for anything more than an instant ability. Any now with 1.1a I can't get my spells to even cast half the time. I don't know what it is, buf if I'm getting attacked by Destruction players I can't do anything. Instant spells won't cast, anything with a cast bar won't even start casting. I just keep getting the message "That ability is not ready yet" despite there being nothing else preventing me from using my abilities. I get stuck in the animation of an ability and it just never goes off.

dork

Banned
DeathNote said:
So I only played the beta.

How is the game nowadays?

im curious as well. I haven't played any of it. But we get an extra discount at work this weekend, and I was thinking of picking it up. Is it worth trying?

Trevor360

Banned
is there any plans to add actual end game content? Seems rvr is the same at 31 as it is at 40, only difference is your toon is stronger. This would normally be enough, but the most efficient way of gaining RP is by taking unguarded keeps and objectives.

The only new content at 40 seems to be pve stuff. I find this confusing given the fact that this is supposed to be the game thats all about pvp

Yoritomo

The biggest problem is hardly any servers have been able to do a city invasion due to fortress zone crashing.

End Game RVR itemization is also pretty rough due to the super low timers on keep PQ chests, and the fact that gear drops only occur if your opponent is above a certain RR. IF you win a bag during a rarely successful fortress raid, good luck getting your bag in 30 seconds.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Fuck, all these months and the stupid bug that makes the game crash on window mode is still there. :(

I am playing on BadLands now, Order. I like the LIVE events, the give me something to do. I am trying to get that damn keg. :)

BTW, I need a guild, please pm me if you have a hookup.

zon

I've been thinking about getting into WAR but I don't know very much about the, uh, current state of the game.

How is it with bugs and stuff, have they fixed many of the problems/bugs that were discovered at launch? Are the players evenly spread out between Destruction/Order? Are the classes balanced?

godhandiscen

The only bug I've noticed is the one I mentioned, besides that my experience is flawless. All classes are balanced afaik since I keep seeing variety. Also, just join a populated server like Badlands and you will always find yourself fighting along dozens of players all the time.

phinious

phinious said:
Ok I resubscribed to check out the changes, Look for Vent. Hopefully I can still transfer!

Ok So I transfered to Ungrim (SP?), but I may just let the subscription go for good now. I played last night and I just didnt have any fun.

Granted I didnt do any RvR yet, because none was going on in the 2 hours I logged in. I did some scenerios, and for a game that is suppsed to be more RvR oriented than anything else.... I kinda think it fails. I had more fun in WoW BGs. I lasted a much longer time in WoW, abilities seemed to go off without any lag, and a single person could make a much difference in the outcome of the battle. The opposite is true with WAR. I wish it were better. :(

Ill play a little more to be certain, but as of now I think this game will be uninstalled after this month.... for good.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
phinious said:
Ok So I transfered to Ungrim (SP?), but I may just let the subscription go for good now. I played last night and I just didnt have any fun.

Granted I didnt do any RvR yet, because none was going on in the 2 hours I logged in. I did some scenerios, and for a game that is suppsed to be more RvR oriented than anything else.... I kinda think it fails. I had more fun in WoW BGs. I lasted a much longer time in WoW, abilities seemed to go off without any lag, and a single person could make a much difference in the outcome of the battle. The opposite is true with WAR. I wish it were better. :(

Ill play a little more to be certain, but as of now I think this game will be uninstalled after this month.... for good.

This was annoying as hell when I played the game for the first month. UI responsiveness really needs to be one of the primary issues that developers get perfected before releasing their game. I remember reading some interview with a World of Warcraft dev around the time WoW was released and he was talking about how they found something like a 5 millisecond lag between pressing a button on the mouse / keyboard and having the UI respond. Even though it was a tiny amount of lag, it still made the UI feel slightly unresponsive and detracted from the experience, so they hammered it out before release.

Warhammer was particularly bad in this area in my opinion and being primarily a PvP game this really hurt it. Morale abilities were espcially bad in this regard.

godhandiscen

phinious said:

On which server are you? I keep doing RVR in BadLands. I joined a guild now. I am loving the game.
Zefah said:
This was annoying as hell when I played the game for the first month. UI responsiveness really needs to be one of the primary issues that developers get perfected before releasing their game. I remember reading some interview with a World of Warcraft dev around the time WoW was released and he was talking about how they found something like a 5 millisecond lag between pressing a button on the mouse / keyboard and having the UI respond. Even though it was a tiny amount of lag, it still made the UI feel slightly unresponsive and detracted from the experience, so they hammered it out before release.

Warhammer was particularly bad in this area in my opinion and being primarily a PvP game this really hurt it. Morale abilities were espcially bad in this regard.
Thant annecdote refers to WC III not WoW. Also, Morale abilities do fell unresponsive sometimes.

phinious

I really think alot of the concepts for the game are cool. If they could just make the combat more responsive (less lag), and give combat more of a weighted feel. I can't really describe it well, but everything I do in the game feels insignificant. In WoW I could make a huge difference in the outcome of battlegrounds, where in warhammer I feel like no matter what I do its not really gonna change the outcome of the battle. Its almost like your lost in the crowd in Warhammer.

For a game where you can get jibbed so fast, there is way way to much lag involved. Witch Elves, for instance, can kill you before you can get a single ability off due to lag. In WoW if a rogue got the jump on you, you would probably die, but atleast you could do something before that happens.

witness

Okay, I know I'm getting this game for christmas tomorrow, can someone recommend a good PVE (in a WoW sense) server? I like opting into PVP when I'm in the mood and don't have to worry about getting ganked when I'm out and about.

Trevor360

Banned
witness said:
Okay, I know I'm getting this game for christmas tomorrow, can someone recommend a good PVE (in a WoW sense) server? I like opting into PVP when I'm in the mood and don't have to worry about getting ganked when I'm out and about.
Ganking is not much of an issue. each zone is basically cut in half between Order and Destruction and it is a pain in the ass to get to the opposing fraction's side.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
phinious said:
I really think alot of the concepts for the game are cool. If they could just make the combat more responsive (less lag), and give combat more of a weighted feel. I can't really describe it well, but everything I do in the game feels insignificant. In WoW I could make a huge difference in the outcome of battlegrounds, where in warhammer I feel like no matter what I do its not really gonna change the outcome of the battle. Its almost like your lost in the crowd in Warhammer.

Warhammer PvP is all about the teamwork. If that's not your style then it's not the game for you. There's no army of one in Warhammer, at least from my experience. When classes devolved into one on one, the game was unfun. When the team played together, it was fantastically awesome.

I'm surprised they haven't fixed the lag issues yet.

OmegaErock

Neo Member
Kintaro said:
Warhammer PvP is all about the teamwork. If that's not your style then it's not the game for you. There's no army of one in Warhammer, at least from my experience. When classes devolved into one on one, the game was unfun. When the team played together, it was fantastically awesome.

I'm surprised they haven't fixed the lag issues yet.

I like the team based PVP a lot more than WoWs sorry excuse for PVP.

They did fix the UI lag issues in patch 1.06 and the combat finally felt how it should, but then UI lag came back with 1.1. Now there is animation lag and freezing as well. :(

nataku

OmegaErock said:
I like the team based PVP a lot more than WoWs sorry excuse for PVP.

They did fix the UI lag issues in patch 1.06 and the combat finally felt how it should, but then UI lag came back with 1.1. Now there is animation lag and freezing as well. :(

Yeah, it was weird. 1.0.6 felt amazing in solo and small group play, but was terrible in large scale RvR. It was actually less responsive than before. With 1.1 they made lare scale RvR better, but the responsiveness of solo and small group play suffered.

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
got back in to the game. loving it again. warhammer is awesome. got a level 20 ironbreaker going. so epic...

phinious

Your right, its just not my cup of tea. After posting a crappy response, I will now edit it to make it correct.

Its not that I don't like team based games. I just prefer them to be at a smaller scale :(

Anyone know of one thats like 6v6 but with gameplay like WAR or WoW?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Trevor360 said:
Ganking is not much of an issue. each zone is basically cut in half between Order and Destruction and it is a pain in the ass to get to the opposing fraction's side.

I think this is one of the biggest reasons that the game world feels empty on pretty much all servers. The game is way too restrictive and cut up into little pieces that only a small segment of the population has access to at a time. With each zone there are two sides for each faction with a small area designated for PvP. You can't raid each other's areas or camps because there are invincible guards that one-shot anyone who dares come within aggro radius. Then you have the problem of breaking up that system further into "tiers" where you have to be in a specific level range to even participate in the zone. If you are a level too high then you get turned into a chicken and if you are a level too low you can't even enter the area. It creates an extremely linear and extremely controlled environment where there is pretty much zero freedom for dynamic PvP encounters. You either queue up and do scenarios over and over again, or you go to the designated PvP area and hope you find some other people there or just get a couple of friends together and kill the NPC guards for some easy renown points.

For a game that is supposed to be all about PvP and is supposed to be set in a world of constant war and battle, it sure feels empty. They needed to make an open world where there is a lot of overlapping between the two factions' areas so there will constantly be skirmishes happening on the world map. Scenarios were probably a bad idea for the longevity of the game as well in retrospect.

witness

So I got this game yesterday for christmas. I have a warrior priest up to level 8. Starting areas seem crowded, lots of people on. I love the fact that it tells you on the map where to go for your quests, I like how many quests are all about PVP. My only problem is that it doesn't run nearly as well WoW runs on my crappy lap top.

markot

Banned
The game is ok, but there are alot of stupid design decisions that kind of crippled it >_<

Things like not having zone wide chat for like a month helped kill off the community feel. And lots of places just feel empty. Opening too many servers at launch with too small player caps... etc...

I hope they fix it, I want to try again in a month or so... but I think there are some pretty big flaws that need to be fixed.

Playing wow, the combat just feels so much tighter and responsive.

I dont know... I want it to do well, but they might have dug themselves in too deep to really fix it.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Have a Rank 24 Knight of the Blazing sun now, damn I love them fucking love how they play. So nice running up to Destro and smashing their faces with just one healer and having them all scatter like chickens cause they ignore me then I kill all their casters and healers hahaha.

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
I've given up on Warhammer for now, the game has turned into musical chairs, with the sole focus on getting undefended keeps and Battlefield Objectives.

And then there is the fact playing a mdps class you feel useless at keep sieges, won't even start on city sieges that are giant PQ grinds against mobs.

I enjoy the pvp aspect, but the current RvR mechanisms stink.

I also wish the world was not instanced, the one thing I love about Warcraft is the world is nice and streamlined.

Oh and last point, it was rather annoying my White Lion seemed to look the same from level 10-40.

phinious

Anyone else think the latest patch is lame. The way they are fixing fortress raid lag, is by limiting the number of people that can participate in the raid. After i read that I didnt even bother logging in last night.

How abotu fixing the netcode or upgrading the servers. I mean seriously, that is LAME.

I have a hard time responding to your posts because it almost seems like you're trolling or something these days. I haven't been playing cuz my computer tied, but I uh think that it's a change for the better, because I've been in more fortress siege/defenses that crashed than ones that I actually got to play through...

Anyway, game got #2 in GotY from GameSpy, check it out: http://goty.gamespy.com/2008/overall/9.html

parasight

whiterabbit said:
I have a hard time responding to your posts because it almost seems like you're trolling or something these days. I haven't been playing cuz my computer tied, but I uh think that it's a change for the better, because I've been in more fortress siege/defenses that crashed than ones that I actually got to play through...

Anyway, game got #2 in GotY from GameSpy, check it out: http://goty.gamespy.com/2008/overall/9.html

Wow, is it really that good? How come I never hear about this?

Won

phinious said:
Anyone else think the latest patch is lame. The way they are fixing fortress raid lag, is by limiting the number of people that can participate in the raid. After i read that I didnt even bother logging in last night.

How abotu fixing the netcode or upgrading the servers. I mean seriously, that is LAME.

It is not that easy. You can't just fix it after your game went live. And apparently they had to do something fast. It was a problem for months now and as far as I understand people even joined the fortress fight with low level characters only to crash the server and reset the campaign. Yes, this solution is probably the worst thing they could do to fix this problem, but they had to do something.

phinious

whiterabbit said:

Sorry, im not trying to troll. I was actually having fun with the game! I was logging in every night for a couple hours! I love the fortress battles. I shoudl probably make positive poss when I have a fun time to even out all my negative ones.

I'm not complaining that they fixed the crashes, I'm compaining on how they did it. Pretend for a minute your in my shoes, a lvl 37. Noone ever does dungeons anymroe, noone does public quests, scenerios pop and end after 1 minute becuase the teams arent full, but everyone does RvR and its a ton of fun!

Now they make it where you cannot participate in the RvR because there are too many people there..... what do you do?

I mean its kinda lame in a MMO to limit how massively multiplayer it is, you know? All the action happens at the forts, but only a fraction of the people are allowed to participate. Is that how Camelot was?

You say youve been in more fortress battles that have crashed, but are you now prepared to be booted from fort battles because there are too many players there? Personally I dont see the difference.

I really am not trying to pee in your cereal dude! Sorry if you get that impression. I guess I do just come in this thread when I have something to complain about.

parasight said:
Wow, is it really that good? How come I never hear about this?

It's a pretty awesome game and I think it's deserving of #2 GoTY, hell, it's my personal game of the year, so take that for what it's worth. It still seems pretty lively, I logged on my lvl 5 warrior priest and when I queued for a scenario it immediately popped. I also personally enjoyed the pve leveling aspect of the game, as well as the end game instances, even crafting is fun, and lots of options how to gear, spec, and play your character. Like somebody said, the game of 'musical chairs' of keeps can get tedious, however, when it's good, it's good... so yeah, it is.

You say youve been in more fortress battles that have crashed, but are you now prepared to be booted from fort battles because there are too many players there? Personally I dont see the difference.

Part of this patch as I gather is also to even the sides so that the fight is not unbalanced, like scenarios, where each team has a chance. And, well, some of those crashes we tried the siege again after it crashed, yet to have it crash again, so that's what I was counting. So it's actually even. Ive yet to take part in a SUCCESSFUL fort capture though.

However, you really should give it a chance before you start complaining about it. It doesn't sound like it's actually happened to you yet, and from what I gather, they are trying to implement separate zones so that more people in general will be able to participate, and keep the sides even, and if one slide is full, yes, they will cut off people who are not yet 40 starting at 35,37, and so on or whatever.

Ya know, cuz anything is better than crashing, and I'm sure most 40s who want to will be able to go, since I HAVE been to some sieges/defenses with tons of people that didnt crash. Im not very worried about it, anyway we'll have to see. Also, theres a big announcement set for the end of this month.

so i logged out in reikland, and while offline my side capped the order capital. The zones had reset by the time I logged back on, and reikland was under order control again.

When i logged in i was a chicken in t1, unable to book or scroll, and forced to run to the nearest war camp to leave the zone

RiverBed

Banned
question time:

I want to change my account name. if I close my account and start a new one, can I still use the same game key to register or do I have to buy another copy of the game?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
RiverBed said:
question time:

I want to change my account name. if I close my account and start a new one, can I still use the same game key to register or do I have to buy another copy of the game?

You definitely can't reuse a CD key. That would kind of defeat the purpose.

Your best bet is to get ahold of customer service and ask them to change your account name. I doubt they will do it, but it is always worth a try. If you want an entirely new account you will have to get another CD key.

nataku

http://thegreenskin.com/2009/01/22/is-mythic-ready-to-unleash-the-orc-choppa/

Looks like Slayer and Choppa are what the announcement will be.

Pretty surprising, to be honest. I never expected them to add the other two careers to the game so soon after Knight of the Blazing Sun and the Black Guard. I was hoping for the capital cities for at least one pairing (Dward vs Greenskins especially).

I really hope they have some big ORvR changes to go along with the announcements. Fortress and Keep lord room designs need to change, IMO. Heck, the entire fortress/keep encounter could use some pretty big changes..

nataku said:
http://thegreenskin.com/2009/01/22/is-mythic-ready-to-unleash-the-orc-choppa/

Looks like Slayer and Choppa are what the announcement will be.

Pretty surprising, to be honest. I never expected them to add the other two careers to the game so soon after Knight of the Blazing Sun and the Black Guard. I was hoping for the capital cities for at least one pairing (Dward vs Greenskins especially).

I really hope they have some big ORvR changes to go along with the announcements. Fortress and Keep lord room designs need to change, IMO. Heck, the entire fortress/keep encounter could use some pretty big changes..

I think it's a good move on Mythic's part to add in the rest of the classes. It'll keep people interested in sticking around or, for somebody like me, resubscribing. As for the Forts, I agree, I would like to see them worked on, because from what I've experienced it is too hard to get to the lord room if it's defended at the top of the ramp, and I'm sure the npc encounter is hard enough as it is. Anyway, there's also a class balancing patch to look out for.

Ah, what the heck, here's some leaked patch notes:

General
Bug Fixes
-All Disorient effects cast by players should no longer stack. Only the most powerful Disorient should affect the target.
-Fixed a bug which was causing all area-of-effect abilities in the gameto have a slightly smaller area of coverage than intended.
Balance Changes
-Abilities which proc or trigger damage will now correctly be based ontheir respective resistance types, and will be mitigated appropriately.Specific abilities for each career affected by this change are notedbelow.
-Items which proc or trigger damage will now correctly be based ontheir respective resistance types, and will be mitigated appropriately.
-We have adjusted the way that the Disorient debuff will effectcharacters. Instead of increasing all ability cast times by a flatvalue it will now increase cast times by a % of the total cast time ofthe spell. As a result melee abilities and instant cast spells will nolonger be effected by disorient since their cast time is effectively0s. Specific abilities for each career affected by this change arenoted below.
-All absorb shield buffs have increased in effectiveness, and will nowabsorb roughly 50% more damage in most cases. Specific abilities foreach career affected by this change are noted below.

Resistances
-Magic resistance over 40% will now experiencediminishing returns. Players will receive less resistance per point ofstat over the cap
-Resistances that have reached diminishing returns will be displayed in Orange text on the character sheet.

Renown Abilities
Pick Lock: Fixed a bug that prevented this ability from functioning correctly.
Bypass Defenses: Fixed a bug that prevented this ability from functioning correctly.
For Glory!: The tooltip for this tactic has been updated to better reflect when players will receive the bonus.
King of the Hill: The tooltip for this tactic has been updated to better reflect when players will receive the bonus.
Mission Focused: The tooltip for this tactic has been updated to better reflect when players will receive the bonus.
Town Raider: The tooltip for this tactic has been updated to better reflect when players will receive the bonus.

Guild Tactics
-Thornshield: The damage done by all three levels of this tactic will now show up in the combat tab and in the on-screen text.

Monsters
-Arial Assault: This ability should now do the correct damage.
-Tail Swipe: Fixed an issue that caused some abilities to stop working while this effect is on you.

Items
-Boost IV-VI: These effects will now display that they also increases critical damage.

Healer Archetype
Bug Fixes
-Alter Fate: This ability is now affected by the Terror effect found at some encounters.
Balance Changes
-Divine Protection: This ability will now absorb more damage.

Tank Archetype
-Unstoppable Juggernaut: Typo fixed.
Ranged DPS Archetype
Concealment: The tooltip will now show the correct duration of the effect.
Hail of Doom: Ability will now correctly do damage for the entire time that it channels.
Racial
Dark Elf
-Bathing in Blood: The healing from this tactic will no longer stack with itself.
Chaos
-Warped Flesh: This tactic will now absorb more damage.
Empire
-Emperor's Ward: This tactic will now absorb more damage.

Archmage
Bug Fixes
-Balanced Mending: Now correctly functions as described.
-Gift of Life: Build time reduced, and cooldown time increased.
-Hurried Restore: Fixed a tooltip display issue.
-Storm of Cronos: The ability will now correctly reduce the target's Spirit resistance.
-Wild Healing: This effect will no longer trigger from damage-over-time critical ticks.
-Scatter the Winds: The debuff portion of this ability will no longer apply when the damaging portion is blocked or disrupted.
Balance Changes
-Healing Energy will now heal slightly more initially and slightly less over time. The over time portion will now last 5s.
-Blessing of Isha will now cast faster and heal for a higher value.
-Balance Essence's damage has been increased.
-Searing Touch will receive greater damage contribution from stats.
-Shield of Saphery will now absorb more damage.
-Isha's Ward will now absorb more damage.
-Winds' Protection will now absorb more damage.

Bright Wizard
Bug Fixes
-Playing with Fire: The ability will now hit for the correct amount of damage.
-Funnel Power: This ability will now continue after zoning.
-Flashfire: The cast time reduction gained from this tactic will nowcorrectly apply only when a character starts to cast a new ability.
-Ignition: Fixed a bug which was preventing most ticks of Ignite from having a chance to trigger this effect.
-Flames of Rhuin: Corrected an issue with the tooltip.
Balance Changes
Meltdown will deal increased damage.
Flame Shield will now deal Elemental damage.
Flames of Rhuin will now deal Elemental damage.
Funnel Power will now deal Corporeal damage.
Explosive Force will now deal Corporeal damage.
Pyroclastic Surge will now disorient the target by 50% for 3s if the target is hexed.

Black Guard
Bug Fixes
Hatred: The mechanic icon will no longer display in the general skills tab.
Khaine's Warding: Typo fixed.
Challenge: No longer requires an enemy target.
Filled with Fury: Now only affects attacks that expend hate.
Crimson Death: Debuff icon will now display correct value.
Feeding on Pain: Tooltip will now display correct values.
Thirst for Death: Typo fixed.
Enraged Beating: This ability will now behave correctly when interrupted.
None Shall Pass: This ability will now behave correctly when interrupted.
Away Cretins!: Now knocks down monsters.
Hold the Line: Now has the correct cooldown of 0 seconds.
Monstrous Ruin: Will no longer allow Furious Howl to be activated without the required amount of Hatred.
Balance Changes
None Shall Pass will now deal Physical Damage.
Brutal Smash will now disorient the target by 50%.
Shield of Rage will now absorb more damage.

Black Orc
Bug Fixes
-Waaagh!: Debuff icon tooltip now states correct reduction type, and no longer requires a target.
-Tree Hit Combo: This ability will now behave correctly when interrupted.
-Can't hit Me: This ability will now behave correctly when interrupted.
-Da Biggest: This ability will now continue after zoning.
-Da Toughest: This ability will now continue after zoning.
-Da Big Un: This ability will now continue after zoning.
-Rock Ard: No longer claims to lead to Gud Plan, or highlights while you have a Gud Plan.
-Challenge: No longer requires an enemy target.
Balance Changes
-Wot Armor has had its stacking % armor debuff replaced with a fixed value armor debuff.
-Wot Armor will now apply its maximum debuff value in a single hit
-Da Toughest will now grant less Wounds and health to the Black Orc when it triggers.
-Da Big Un' will now deal more damage, and affect a larger area.
-Savin' Me Hide will now deal more damage and reduce the magical damage taken by you and your group.
-Shut Yer Face will now deal more damage and cost no AP to activate.
-Down Ya Go will now deal more damage, always knockdown the target for 3s, and cost no AP to activate.
-T'ree Hit Combo will now deal more damage.
-Not in Da Face will now deal more damage and also make you and your group briefly immune to disabling effects.
-WAAAAAAAGH! will now deal more damage.
-T'ree Hit Combo will receive less damage contribution from stats.
-Can't Hit Me will now deal Corporeal damage.
-Big Brawlin' will now disorient targets by 25%.
-Dat Was Great will now also reduce the victim's Toughness.
-Rock 'Ard will now absorb more damage.
-Can't Touch Us will now absorb more damage.

Chosen
Bug Fixes
-Relentless: This ability will now behave correctly when interrupted.
-Dreadful Fear: This ability will now continue after zoning.
-Corrupting Wrath: This ability will now continue after zoning.
-Discordant Instability: This ability will now continue after zoning.
-Guard: This ability will now continue after zoning.
-Discordant Fluctuation: This ability will now continue after zoning.
-Corrupting Retribution: This ability will now continue after zoning.
-Dreadful Agony: This ability will now continue after zoning.
-Dreadful Terror: This ability will now continue after zoning.
-Corrupting Horror: This ability will now continue after zoning.
-Discordant Turbulence: This ability will now continue after zoning.
Balance Changes
-Auras will no longer agro monsters that are not already in combat.
-Hate from auras which affect all groupmates will now be credited tothe individual -group members, instead of all to the Chosen themselves.
-Auras can no longer be dodged, blocked, parried or disrupted.
-Auras that deal damage now deal Spirit damage.
-Blast Wave will now deal Spirit damage.
-Quake will now deal Spirit damage.
-Blast Wave will no longer lower target's resistances, and instead will instead lower targets' Wounds.
-Discordant Fluctuation will now deal more damage.
-Corrupting Retribution will now heal for slightly more.
-Dreadful Terror now removes slightly more action points from the victims.
-Tooth of Tzeentch's bonus damage will now deal Spirit damage.
-Bane Shield will now deal Spirit damage.
-The damage effect on Bane Shield will now only trigger a maximum of once per 2s per character affected.
-Touch of Palsy will now deal Spirit damage.
-The damage effect on Discordant Fluctuation will now only trigger a maximum of once per 2s per character affected.
-Corrupting Horror will now disorient targets by 25%.
-Impenetrable Armor will now absorb more armor.

Disciple
Bug Fixes
-Stand Coward!: Build time reduced, and cooldown time increased.
-Patch Wounds: The ability will now correctly consume 25 Soul Essence as described.
-Restored Motivation: Fixed a bug which caused the healing effect to occasionally be disrupted by allies.
-Warding Strike: The ability will now fire correctly when the Disciple has 30 Soul Essence.
-Covenant of Vitality: Fixed the buff icon tooltip to display the correct effect.
Balance Changes
-Covenant of Vitality will now deal Spirit damage.
-Covenant of Celerity will now deal Spirit damage.
-Restore Essence will now heal slightly more initially and slightly less over time. The over time portion will now last 5s.
-Khaine's Embrace will now cast faster and heal for a higher value.
-Soul Shielding will now absorb more damage.
-Khaine's Bounty will now absorb more damage.

Engineer
Bug Fixes
-Barbed Wire: Will now play its entire visual effect.
-Land Mine: Fixed a bug which caused this to trigger a disproportionately long immunity timer.
-Snipe: Fixed a bug which was incorrectly reducing the cost of this ability.
-Bugmen's Best: Fixed a bug which was allowing the healing to inadvertently affect NPCs.
-All Turrets: Turret specific abilities will now display in the MasteryTraining window as being part of the associated Mastery.
-Coordinated Fire: This effect will now increase damage as described.
-Self Destruct: Tooltip will no longer claim it cost AP.
-Concussive Mine: Will now properly disorient targets.
-Coordinated Fire: The effect of this tactic will now last for the full duration of Signal Flare.
-Lighting Rod: Fixed a bug that caused this ability to receive more benefit from stats than intended.
-Hollow Points: Multiple Engineers may now all affect a target with Hollow Points.
Balance Changes
-Sticky Bomb will now deal Corporeal damage.
-Sticky Bomb will now explode if the target is killed.
-Concussive Mine will now disorient the targets by 50%.
-Rune of Forging will now absorb more damage.

Ironbreaker
Bug Fixes
-Grudge-Born Fury: This ability will now behave correctly when interrupted.
-Heavy Blow: Fixed a typo in the description.
Balance Changes
-Stone Breaker's % armor debuff has now been replaced with a flat value armor debuff.
-Oathstone will now deal Physical damage and be able to critically hit.
-Overprotective will now deal Physical damage and be able to critically hit.
-Runic Shield will now absorb more damage.
-Gromril Plating will now absorb more damage.

Knight
Bug Fixes
-Myrmidia's Fury: This ability will now behave correctly when interrupted.
-Press The Attack: This ability will now continue after zoning.
-Stand Strong: This ability will now continue after zoning.
-Gather Your Resolve: This ability will now continue after zoning.
-On Your Guard: This ability will now continue after zoning.
-Stay Focused: This ability will now continue after zoning.
-All Out Assault: This ability will now continue after zoning.
-To Glory: This ability will now continue after zoning.
-To Victory: This ability will now continue after zoning.
-Now's Our Chance: This ability will now continue after zoning.
-Sunder: Fixed a tooltip display issue.
-Staggering Impact: Fixed a tooltip display issue.
Balance Changes
-Commands will no longer agro monsters that are not already in combat.
-Hate from commands which affect all groupmates will now be credited tothe individual group members, instead of all to the Knight themselves.
-The effects of commands can no longer be dodged, blocked, parried or disrupted.
-Commands that deal damage now deal Elemental damage.
-Shield of the Sun will deal Elemental damage.
-Myrmidia's Fury will now receive a greater damage contribution from stats.
-Stay Focused will now heal for slightly more.
-To Glory now restores slightly more action points.
-Guardian of Light will now absorb more damage.

Magus
Bug Fixes
-Dissolving Mist: Radius is now accurate on tooltip.
-Daemonic Armor: Tooltip values will now display correctly.
-Indigo Fire of Change: Multiple Magi can now cast this spell upon a single target, but only a single Horror will be created.
-Tzeentch's Firestorm: The ability can now be defended against, and will trigger any appropriate effects.
-Blue Horror, Pink Horror, Flamer of Tzeentch: Daemonic Minion-specificabilities will now display in the Mastery Training window as being partof the associated Mastery.
-Daemonic Resistance: Increased casting range to match normal groupeffects, and fixed a bug which caused the hotkey to gray out whenselecting group members.
-Daemonic Infestation: When exploding, will now visually knock down players and play an explosion effect.
Balance Changes
-Seed of Chaos will now explode if the target is killed.
-Perils of the Warp will now deal Elemental damage.
-Seed of Chaos will now deal Spirit damage.
-Aegis of Orange Fire will now deal Elemental damage.

Marauder
Bug Fixes
-Gift of Savagery: The tooltip will now better match the stats gained from the ability.
-Gift of Monstrosity: The tooltip will now better match the stats gained from the ability.
-Gift of Brutality: The tooltip will now better match the stats gained from the ability.
-Demolition: The cooldown listed on the tooltip now matches the actual cooldown of the ability.
-Mutating Release: The ability now correctly gives a 10 second immunity to all roots and snares.
-Deeply Impaled: This effect will no longer stack with itself.
-Drink Deeply: This tactic will once again heal when Tzeentch's Cordial ends.
-Growing Instability: This tactic will once again grant a bonus to critical hit at the correct health brackets.
-Convulsive Slashing: This ability will now behave correctly when interrupted.
-Wrecking Ball: This ability will now behave correctly when interrupted.
-Deeply Impaled: This tactic will now give the correct bonus when Impale is used.
-Gut Ripper: This ability will once again cause the next ability used to critical hit.
-Wave of Horror: The tooltip will now state the correct amount of hate reduction.
balance Changes
-Insane Whispers will now add a 50% disorient to Mouth of Tzeentch.
-Deadly Clutch will now heal the Marauder for a higher value.

Runepriest
Bug Fixes
-Master Rune of Adamant: The build up for this ability will now be correct.
-Master Rune of Adamant: The effect from this ability will now last for the correct duration.
-Master Rune of Fury: The tooltip for this ability will now reflect that only one Master Rune can be active at a time.
-Master Rune of Speed: The tooltip for this ability will now reflect that only one Master Rune can be active at a time.
-Master Rune of Adamant: The tooltip for this ability will now reflect that only one Master Rune can be active at a time.
-Ancestor's Echo: Tooltip clarified.
-Potent Runes: Fixed a bug which was causing this effect to incorrectly alter the player's stats.
-Oath Rune of Power: The hotbar icon for this ability will now light up correctly when targeting party members in a warband.
-Oath Rune of Warding: The hotbar icon for this ability will now light up correctly when targeting party members in a warband.
-Oath Rune of Iron: The hotbar icon for this ability will now light up correctly when targeting party members in a warband.
-Oath Rune of Sanctuary: The hotbar icon for this ability will nowlight up correctly when targeting party members in a warband.
-Blessing of Grungni: The name of the ability has been corrected.
-Thick Skulled: Fixed a typo in the tooltip.
Balance Changes
-Rune of Mending will now heal slightly more initially and slightly less over time. The over time portion will now last 5s.
-Blessing of Valaya will now cast faster and heal for a higher value.
-Rune of Shielding will now absorb more damage.
-Ancestor's Echo will now absorb more damage.

Squig Herder
Bug Fixes
-Indigestion: Fixed a bug that caused this ability to use Intelligence instead of Strength in damage calculations.
-Sticky Squigz: This ability now costs the correct amount of Action Points to use.
-Big Bouncin: This ability will now behave correctly when interrupted.
-Run Away!: The cost has been lowered. The knock forward has been changed to a movement speed increase effect.
-'Ere Squiggy!: Fixed a bug that prevented the tactic from firing on damage abilities.
-Lots o' Arrers: The animation will no longer continue after the Squig Herder runs out of AP.
Balance Changes
-Tastes like Chicken will now heal for slightly more, and no longer lose value based on the health of the pet.
-Squig Armor no longer has a build and a reduced reuse time.

Shadow Warrior
Bug Fixes
-Steady Aim: The tooltip for this ability has been updated to better reflect what this ability affects.
-Assault stance: The Strength and Weapon Skill bonuses from this should now stack with other Strength and Weapon Skill bonuses.
-Outrider Patrol: The tooltip for this ability should now show the amount of damage done.
Balance Changes[/b]
-Eye Shot is now usable while moving.
-Fell The Weak now builds instantly.
-Fell The Weak now costs slightly more action points.

Shaman
Bug Fixes
-Gedup!: Build time reduced, and cooldown time increased.
-Do Sumfin Useful: Fixed a typo in the tooltip for this ability.
-Big Waaagh!: Waaagh mechanic should now properly light up this ability on the hotbar.
-Ey Quit Bleedin: Fixed a bug which was allowing this ability to incorrectly cast on NPCs.
Balance Changes
-Gork'll Fix It will now heal slightly more initially and slightly less over time. The over time portion will now last 5s.
-Gather Round will now cast faster and heal for a higher value.
-I'll Take That will now deal more damage.
-Yer Not so Bad is now has no build time.
-'Ere We Go's extra damage will now deal Elemental damage.
-Gork's Barbs' will now deal Elemental damage.
-Bunch o Waaagh will receive greater damage contribution from stats.
-Don't Feel Nuthin' will now absorb more damage.

Swordmaster
Bug Fixes
-Aethyric Armor: No longer claims to return you to normal stance.
-Aethryic Grasp: Fixed a typo in the tooltip.
-Isha's Protection: Fixed a typo in the tooltip.
-Vaul's Buffer: Fixed a typo in the tooltip.
-Ether Dance: This ability will now behave correctly when interrupted.
-Sword Dance: The mechanic icon will no longer display in the general skills tab.
-Balanced Accuracy: Tactic now effects all strikes of Ether Dance, Dragon's Talon, Crashing Wave, and Whispering Winds.
-Ether Dance: The current Balance state is now maintained through theduration of the effect, in order to benefit from Balance-based Tactics.
-Bladeshield: Damage from this ability will no longer be mitigated bythe victim, and will also no longer critically hit, as is normal forall Morale effects.
-Protection of Hoeth: Now displays its correct Balance advancement, andwill no longer highlight in Perfect Balance or increase Balance withevery use.
-Gusting Wind: The ability's tooltip will now display its correct damage value after increasing Mastery.
-Potent Enchantments: Fixed a bug which caused the tactic to be affected by Mastery in the Path of Hoeth.
-Deep Incision: Fixed a bug which was causing the damage to be lower than intended.
-Wall of Darting Steel: Ability description updated to reflect that damage is returned only when you Parry.
-Shatter Enchantment: This attack will no longer remove an Enchantmentfrom the victim if they successfully block or parry the ability.
Balance Changes
-Dazzling Strike has been made a Perfect Balance attack that deals spirit damage.
-Dazzling Strike now deals increased damage and has no cooldown.
-Dazzling Strike has been moved to Level 12.
-Dazzling Strike no longer has a reuse timer.
-Dazzling Strike will now disorient the target by 50%.
-Intimidating Blow has been moved to Level 35.
-Gusting Wind has been made an Improved Balance attack.
-Gusting Wind now costs AP to activate.
-Gusting Wind deals increased damage.
-Ether Dance now deals increased damage.
-Crashing Wave now deals more damage and also makes you and your group briefly immune to disabling effects.
-Whispering Wind now deals more damage and reduces cooldown times for you and your group.
-Ether Dance will now receive a greater damage contribution from stats.
-Blurring Shock's extra damage from critical hits will now deal Spirit damage.
-Wall of Darting Steel will now deal Spirit damage.

Warrior Priest
Bug Fixes
-Prayer Of Absolution: This ability will now continue after zoning.
-Prayer of Righteousness: This ability will now continue after zoning.
-Prayer of Devotion: This ability will now continue after zoning.
-Breath of Sigmar: Build time reduced, and cooldown time increased.
-Purge: Fixed a typo in the tooltip for this ability.

Balance Changes
-Prayer of Righteousness will now deal Spirit damage.
-Divine Aid will now heal slightly more initially and slightly less over time. The over time portion will now last 5s.
-Touch of the Divine will now cast faster and heal for a higher value.
-Divine Light will now absorb more damage.

Witch Elf
Bug Fixes
-Agile Escape: This ability can no longer be used when Rooted.
-Ruthless Assault: This ability will now behave correctly when interrupted.
-Shadow Prowler: This ability will now always be interrupted when the player is attacked.
Balance Changes
-Kiss of Betrayal will now deal Corporeal damage.
-Kiss of Agony will now deal Corporeal damage.
-Kiss of Death will now deal Corporeal damage.
-Kisses will no longer be able to activate off a thrown dagger.
-Vehement Blades has had its damage contribution from stats reduced.
-Enfeebling Strike has had its damage contribution from stats reduced.
-Treacherous Assault has had its damage contribution from stats reduced.
-Masterful Treachery's bonus to damage has been lowered.
-Sharpened Edge has had its armor debuff removed, this has beenreplaced with a self buff that will deal damage back to your enemywhenever they block or parry your attacks.
-Pierce Armor has had its additional armor debuff removed, this hasbeen replaced with a self buff that will greatly increase your WeaponSkill.
-Sacrifices Rewarded will now absorb more damage.

White Lion
Bug Fixes
-Pounce: You will now jump just to your target's side instead ofdirectly on top of them, fixing several collision issues. The damageportion of the ability now fires more consistently.
-Whirling Axe: This ability will now behave correctly when interrupted.
-Full-Grown: The tactic properly increases your pet's Wounds.
-Full-Grown: The tooltip is now correct.
-Ensnare: Fixed a bug that prevented the root from firing.
Balance Changes
-Pack Assault will now deal Spirit Damage.
-Fey Illusion will now debuff the target's autoattack speed.
-Fey Illusion will no longer require a frontal positional.
-Fey Illusion will cost slightly more AP.

Witch Hunter
Bug Fixes
-Declare Anathema: This ability can no longer be used when Rooted.
-Trial by Pain: This ability should now correctly stop channeling when the character is disarmed or interrupted.
-Trial By Pain: This ability will now behave correctly when interrupted.
-Silence the Heretic: The Unstoppable give by the Silence from this ability will now last the correct duration.
-Incognito: This ability will now always be interrupted when the player is attacked.
-Repel Blasphemy: Ability will no longer zero out the Accusation counter.
-Blessing Bullets of Confession: The healing reduction effect placed on targets will no longer be removed by Sever Blessing.
Balance Changes
-Burn Armor has had its damage contribution from stats reduced.
-Sudden Accusation has had its damage contribution from stats reduced.
-Fanatical Zeal has had its damage contribution from stats reduced.
-Trial by Pain will deal slightly more damage and activate Blessed Bullets twice if allowed to run the full duration.
-Blessed Pullets of Purity will now deal Spirit damage.
-Blessed Bullets of Confession will now deal Spirit damage.
-Blessed Bullets of Cleansing will now deal Spirit damage.
-Burn Away Lies will now deal more damage.

Zealot
Bug Fixes
-Ritual of Lunacy: The build up for this ability will now be correct.
-Ritual of Lunacy: The effect from this ability should now last for the correct duration.
-Ritual of Innervation: The tooltip for this ability will now reflect that only one Ritual -may be active at a time.
-Ritual of Superiority: The tooltip for this ability will now reflect that only one Ritual may be active at a time.
-Ritual of Lunacy: The tooltip for this ability will now reflect that only one Ritual may be active at a time.
-Suppress the Fragile Unbeliever: This morale ability will now do the correct damage, and the damage will not be defendable.
-Mark of Remaking: The tooltip for this ability will now show the correct amount of Toughness given.
-Leaping Alteration: The leaping effect will no longer stop jumping tonew targets after healing the caster. In addition, this ability may nowbe cast directly on an RvR-flagged ally while the Zealot is not flagged(and doing so will flag the Zealot for RvR, as with all other directheals). The subsequent leaps of the ability will only affectRvR-flagged allies if the Zealot is RvR-flagged themselves.
-Tzeentch's Talon: The tooltip for the effect has been updated to more accurately reflect what the effect does.
-Daemon Spittle: The damage from this will no longer stack with itself,and will only be defendable when it initially hits the target.
-Aethyric Shock: Fixed a typo in the tooltip for this ability.
Balance Changes
-Manipulation will now deal Corporeal damage.
-Dark Medicine will now heal slightly more initially and slightly less over time. The -over time portion will now last 5s.
-Dust of Pandemonium will now cast faster and heal for a higher value.
-Veil of Chaos will now absorb more damage.
-Ritual of Superiority will now absorb more damage.
-Tzeentch's Shielding will now absorb more damage.

Twig

Banned
Has the game stopped being insanely repetitive, yet.

I once said I'd come back to play the choppa, because goddamnit that's what I wanted from the getgo, but after a few months off...

I'm upset that I lost all my screenies when my computer died... Anyyway

TheOneGuy said:
Has the game stopped being insanely repetitive, yet.

I once said I'd come back to play the choppa, because goddamnit that's what I wanted from the getgo, but after a few months off...

Be thankful you're not super majorly addicted. Aren't MMOs supposed to be like crack cocaine or something? Sheesh! hate how they get such a bad rap, probably keeps people from considering trying them in the first place.

Healeos said:
So Slayer is going in instead of the Hammerer?

Since Ironbreakers can use hammers now, they put in the Slayer instead. . . I think.

Top Bottom