• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhammer Online, The Official Thread of Destruction vs Order

TurtleSnatcher said:
I havent run into many on Skull Throne.. only a few.. Bourne and Twerp..

But I really want to get a GAF guild started.. :(

GAF guilds are destined to fail. Most people here will play the game for a month and move on.

Atrophis

Elbrain said:
Scavenging profession man! I am freaking rich because of that! Just scavenge all the bodies and vendor their ass.

Ah i'm not much of a tradeskiller but might have to sink some time into it so i can afford a mount at 20. Does anyone know how much the mounts cost?

Anyone have any experience with White Lion? Is it fun to play, can it hold its own at higher levels of RvR? Any tips for a new player?

Vashu

Atrophis said:
Ah i'm not much of a tradeskiller but might have to sink some time into it so i can afford a mount at 20. Does anyone know how much the mounts cost?

I believe it's 15 gold, and in Warhammer terms that's a lot. I mean, I'm rank 11 right now and I only have 2g and 75s so far. Too bad the drops for salvaging aren't that high yet. Did get it up to level 7 though.

Atrophis

Hmm thats not as bad as i thought it would be. Im rank 13 and have 5g but PVP gear takes a chunk of any future coin. Defo gonna look into scavaging now, i'm already sick of running about!

Melhisedek said:
Anyone have any experience with White Lion? Is it fun to play, can it hold its own at higher levels of RvR? Any tips for a new player?

I tried it very briefly (like rank 3 :p) but from that limited experience it seemed fun, not too shabby in damage output either and you get the awesome white lion of course to follow you around everywhere. I still haven't decided what I'm gonna play. I would definitely recommend trying a few classes out if you haven't played many yet. I'm still a new player too but that seems like a good thing to do. Anyway I was able to patch my client now I'm just waiting on the servers, which are gonna be up any minute.

AVERHEIM (Order) GAF'ers said:
Outdoor Miner - Mordas - Ironbreaker
verio - Vordul - Witch Hunter
Hammer - Bupu - Ironbreaker
Zanboo - Arravik - Archmage
godhandiscen - Dajo - Witch Hunter
krypt0nian - Taelus - Shadow Warrior
AeroGod - Seamus - Ironbreaker
Fragamemnon - Hoirip - Ironbreaker
nataku - Veplerion - Warrior Priest, Vaelyris - Witch Hunter
LaneDS - Connery - Witch Hunter
Azzurri - Giacomo - Engineer
JoeMartin - Novo - Bright Wizard
Haeleos - Haeleos - Runepriest
Teknopathetic - Varindo - Ironbreaker
tomei - Yagi - Archmage
Jbird34 - Jbird - Witch Hunter
Yann - Kiel - Bright Wizard
Flesh Into Gear - Geddoe - Warrior Priest

Updated.

Arpeggio

Banned
Good to see more people are showing up on Skull Throne Destruction. I'm Arpeggio in the game. I would love to get the GAF guild started soon. Everyone should type /channeljoin neogaf when they log in so that we can communicate before the guild is formed. I'm always in there, but no one else is....

phinious

I just stated a Shadow Warrior on Averheim, his name is Vent.

I may also play a warrior priest named Desdichado, but Vent will most likely be my main.

Azzurri

nice to see more people join.

So scavaging is like wows skining? I also picked it up.

Also when can we buy a mount

Destruction people

Post names and Realm..

I will create a list and edit a post and keep up to date.. This will allow destruction people stay up to date with eachother.

GAF Destruction Updating when people post

Name: Hartsock - Squig Herder
Realm: Skull Throne

Name: Karg - Shaman

grate

Rolled on Averheim....

Dethklok - Ironbreaker

My brother (macht) on gaf also rolled on Averheim too....

Versus - Warriorpriest

eznark

Banned
I'm either going to be starting tonight or tomorrow, playing somewhat casually. The OP is a bit scattered in terms of who is playing where.

So, is there a GAF guild that would allow the weekend warrior to join ranks?

I still can't decide between White Lion and Witch Hunter :) I like WL but the pet is dead most of the time in RvR. WH looks damn cool, daaamn, daaamn cool :)

Woo-Fu

Banned
rhfb said:
Speed just determines how often you swing. Slower (higher) speed but higher dmg = faster (lower) speed and lower damage.

There is more to it than that.

Depending on the length of encounter and the type of attack slower weapons will often do more damage than faster weapons even when they are of the same DPS. This is due to the first attack being free and how slower weapons usually have larger crits.

On the flip side if you have certain weapon procs then you might favor the quicker weapon so as to get that weapon proc ASAP.

Another issue is how a game handles casting interrupts. If those interrupts are merely a factor of being attacked then a fast weapon is more effective versus a caster than a slow weapon. On the other hand, if you're finishing somebody else off in a big melee then that slower weapon might kill them on the first hit before they can get off a quickcast/instacast whereas the fast weapon would give them that window of opportunity.

Three years of DAoC can make one a bit obsessive about these numbers. :p

AVERHEIM (Order) GAF'ers said:
Outdoor Miner - Mordas - Ironbreaker
verio - Vordul - Witch Hunter
Hammer - Bupu - Ironbreaker
Zanboo - Arravik - Archmage
godhandiscen - Dajo - Witch Hunter
krypt0nian - Taelen - Shadow Warrior
AeroGod - Seamus - Ironbreaker
Fragamemnon - Hoirip - Ironbreaker
nataku - Veplerion - Warrior Priest, Vaelyris - Witch Hunter
LaneDS - Connery - Witch Hunter
Azzurri - Giacomo - Engineer
JoeMartin - Novo - Bright Wizard
Haeleos - Haeleos - Runepriest
Teknopathetic - Varindo - Ironbreaker
tomei - Yagi - Archmage
Jbird34 - Jbird - Witch Hunter
Yann - Kiel - Bright Wizard
Flesh Into Gear - Geddoe - Warrior Priest
grate - Dethklok - Ironbreaker
phinious - Vent - Shadow Warrior, Desdichado - Warrior Priest

The guild roster is building up nicely. Do a /who Guild of the Forever in-game and message a member for an invite.

The neogaf chat channel is doesn't seem to be very effective right now because the game doesn't save your chat channels when you log off. So you have to /channeljoin neogaf everytime you come on, and many folks forget to do so. Hope that's something that gets addressed in a future patch. :D

LaneDS

My CE just got here, and man it's impressive. I was half-thinking of turning around and selling it (before it arrived) and getting a regular one, but the packaging is ace.

Very similar to the WoW CEs, but I believe the box is a little taller, for those that care about stuff like that.

eznark

Banned
Outdoor Miner said:
The guild roster is building up nicely. Do a /who Guild of the Forever in-game and message a member for an invite.

The neogaf chat channel is doesn't seem to be very effective right now because the game doesn't save your chat channels when you log off. So you have to /channeljoin neogaf everytime you come on, and many folks forget to do so. Hope that's something that gets addressed in a future patch. :D

just setting up my character now

averheim

eznark

warrior priest

edit: no one on right now?

phinious

I started at lunch today and got my shadow warrior to rank 4-5 haha. We need to do some guild scenerios ina couple hours!

I totally can't decide between warrior priest or shadow warrior for my main. Shadow Warrior seems like more of a fun playstyle to me, but their dmg seems pretty gimp. I played one to rank 10 in the OB and I got gibbed by most classes.

I also played Warrior priest up to rank 8, and I felt kinda squishy... but in the right circumstance it was very very fun and I did pretty good

I rolled a Swordmaster named Asterisk. lvl 5. He's all right but I bet I"ll change it, he just seems too reliant on a good healer, which is hard to come by, and which is what I was worried about having never played a tank. anyway gonna try to join guild and maybe group for scenarios? I'll be in Nordland.

Twig

Banned
JoeMartin said:
Insane scoreboards indeed. :D

EDIT: Oh shit Flesh you were in that scenario too and I didn't even notice =P
I saw someone get fifty fucking thousand in one scenario. Next highest was 17k. I had 10k-ish, as a marauder, fourth place.

I wish I had taken a screenshot, but I always forget to do things like that. D:

Keep posting GAF Destruction

GAF Destruction Updating when people post

Name: Hartsock - Squig Herder

Name: Karg - Shaman

Name: Arpeggio - Chaos Marauder

Name: Gravelpit - Black Orc
Realm: Averheim

Home: Affinity - Shaman

Name: Dajo - Chosen

EDIT: Got my collectors edition box in.. Its hawt.

Twig

Banned
Orin GA said:
I am enjoying the hell outta these public quest
Me too!

Only problem is a lot of times people just stick to doing one over and over again instead of moving on to another. I need some variety, you know?!

Twig

Banned
You know what I love most about scenarios in this game? Or at least the only one I've played extensively? It lasts 15 minutes max.

Makes it much more tolerable, and even fun.

Top Bottom