• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhammer Online, The Official Thread of Destruction vs Order

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Vashu said:
I believe it's 15 gold, and in Warhammer terms that's a lot. I mean, I'm rank 11 right now and I only have 2g and 75s so far. Too bad the drops for salvaging aren't that high yet. Did get it up to level 7 though.
WTF! I already have 25g and I am rank 17 you suck!

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Opted to roll Rune Priest on an Oceanic server. Only upto rank 5 after an hour or two but the server is kinda dead (at least Dwarf side - we couldn't even finish off the first PQ :lol) due to it being noon on a weekday.

Affinity

Affinity - Shadow Warrior on Averheim

Affinity - Shaman on Skull Throne

Goble - Shaman on Volkmar

Haven't decided which Destruction server to play on yet. Both are horrible with ques.

Updated

GAF Destruction Updating when people post

Name: Hartsock - Squig Herder
Realm: Skull Throne

Name: Karg - Shaman

Name: Arpeggio - Chaos Marauder

Name: Gravelpit - Black Orc
Realm: Averheim

Home: Affinity - Shaman

Name: Dajo - Chosen

Name: Fourth - Disciple of Khaine

Name: Naur - Black Orc
Realm: Vortex

Name: Berjik - Sorcerer
Realm: Vortex

Chris R

Different server than most of gaf but I don't mind as gaf guilds never last :lol

Anyone else having texture issues with using the beta client as the update platform? I might just reinstall once my dvd gets here to see if it fixes it :|

TheOneGuy said:
Me too!

Only problem is a lot of times people just stick to doing one over and over again instead of moving on to another. I need some variety, you know?!

I keep running into empty ones on Averheim. Not even enough people to beat the end boss on them. =(

JoeMartin

The GAF guild is alive and kicking. It's on a healthy server. Even if it doesn't last forever at least we'll all have our mains on the same server since we all started from day 1 on the same server together.

And it was a lot of fun in scenarios today grouping up with other gaffers.

Tekno is still lame for shunning us though.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
krypt0nian said:
I keep running into empty ones on Averheim. Not even enough people to beat the end boss on them. =(
Not since today. Thank god the SE people joined. It was dead on Monday.

Not my best, but I am proud:
WHRoolz.jpg

I had fun with yall on Averheim today. Here are some screens.

Would anybody be interested in a list of all the class icons so you can tell what they are?

AsteriskM_001.jpg

AsteriskM_002.jpg

AsteriskM_003.jpg

AsteriskM_004.jpg

AsteriskM_005.jpg

Vashu

Elbrain said:
WTF! I already have 25g and I am rank 17 you suck!

:lol

Thank you for an insightful post which is in no way meant to make you sound like a pompous ass. Oh well, every board's gotta have one.

I spent it on good gear and new abilities so don't act like your better than me in the future okay? I may not be as hardcore as you, but I'm enjoying the game and that is the most important thing right?

Atrophis

Oh you want crazy scoreboards? :D
AtrophisM_026.jpg

Nude party!
UlfmunterM_000.jpg

Beta zerg
AtrophisM_014.jpg

In other news my CE just arrived and it is sexy as hell.

Right, servers down, time to work on my BW pvp vid.

kozmo7

Truly deserves to shoot laserbeams from his eyes
Destructo GAF; Two of my characters

Naur - Black Orc - Vortex
Berjik - Sorcerer - Vortex

Twig

Banned
Atrophis said:
Oh you want crazy scoreboards? :D
Oh, you want depressing scoreboards? ):

jibbergog_m_000-small995.jpg

I say depressing because...

It started out so well. We were literally about 200 points ahead. They had 100 something, we had 300 something. Then they caught up and won because people are retarded and don't know how to defend.

I was defending and STILL topped the damage chart. IDIOTS. ;-;

(That's the second out of about twenty five Nordenwatch scenarios that I've lost. moar ;-;)

By the way: where the hell do I get things for talisman making? I have the curios, the gold essences, the magic essences, the containers, but not the last thing which I naturally suddenly have a brain fart on and can't remember what they're called goddamnit.

nataku

I can't decide if I'm gonna stick with Warrior Priest. There are already 5 others in Guild of the Forever, so I was thinking of just starting over (I'm Rank 10 now) with a Rune Priest instead, since we only have one in the guild right now.

TheOneGuy said:
Oh, you want depressing scoreboards? ):

I say depressing because...

It started out so well. We were literally about 200 points ahead. They had 100 something, we had 300 something. Then they caught up and won because people are retarded and don't know how to defend.

I was defending and STILL topped the damage chart. IDIOTS. ;-;

(That's the second out of about twenty five Nordenwatch scenarios that I've lost. moar ;-;)

By the way: where the hell do I get things for talisman making? I have the curios, the gold essences, the magic essences, the containers, but not the last thing which I naturally suddenly have a brain fart on and can't remember what they're called goddamnit.
Being top dmg means nothing.

I'm a Squig Herder and consistently finish 1st-3rd and I have one of the lowest dps classes in the game.

TurtleSnatcher said:

I'm a Squig Herder and consistently finish 1st-3rd and I have one of the lowest dps classes in the game.

yeah when you top damage and healing is when it matters

/flex
as long as i have a ironbreaker saving my ass the entire game

TheOneGuy said:
You get that part from disenchanting greens and above. Well not disenchanting obviously, whatever they are calling it in the game.

And on that note, I really loathe the professions I've tried in this game.

Tamanon

Banned
Vashu said:

Thank you for an insightful post which is in no way meant to make you sound like a pompous ass. Oh well, every board's gotta have one.

I spent it on good gear and new abilities so don't act like your better than me in the future okay? I may not be as hardcore as you, but I'm enjoying the game and that is the most important thing right?

I'd also think it's like most other MMOs early on, I remember when WoW first started you'd be lucky to have a couple gold by level 20.

Thinking of picking up the game myself to give it a run. Didn't do much PvP in WoW but the world looks great and I think I could get used to it if its in a context where everyone on your side does PvP instead of trying to round people up.

On a side note: Anyone know if the GeForce 6800 GO card is supported? I play WoW and LOTRO just fine on my laptop. Figure if need be I can just lower the settings.

Weenerz

Banned
How is the server population so far? I went to gamestop this morning and they had like 40 copies of the game, they said only a few were preorders.

nataku

kozmo7 said:
How are the CE heads? So far no screens up of them.

Can't find out until tomorrow because we can't enter our codes.

I picked up my CE from Gamestop, and it's impressive. The art book and graphic novel are gorgeous.

My miniature, though, has a broken arm. It looks like it just snapped right off in shipping or something. I'm not really sure what to do about that.

war_broken.jpg

grate

Weenerz said:
How is the server population so far? I went to gamestop this morning and they had like 40 copies of the game, they said only a few were preorders.

http://herald.warhammeronline.com/warherald/NewsArticle.war?id=287

Hello everyone,

There are currently 4 servers on which players are experiencing high wait times. All other servers currently have no queue at this time. Players are strongly cautioned against starting their adventures here if they can play elsewhere. All four of these servers have had the number of concurrent users they support raised to the maximum possible.

The servers are:

Volkmar
Skull Throne
Badlands
Dark Crag

Thank you for your cooperation. Have fun!
Right now servers are populated with just pre-order head start players...

I had short wait getting into Averheim last night around 9:30pm, 2 minute queue time.

The servers don't open to the public until the 18th at 12:01AM.

http://herald.warhammeronline.com/warherald/NewsArticle.war?id=288

WAAAGH!!!

WAR comes to the world on Thursday, September 18th at 12:01AM (Midnight) EDT. Join us as we officially launch Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning and welcome all to the new dawn of MMO Gaming.

The path has been long but the Reckoning is finally upon us...we'll see you soon!

kozmo7

Truly deserves to shoot laserbeams from his eyes
nataku said:

I picked up my CE from Gamestop, and it's impressive. The art book and graphic novel are gorgeous.

My miniature, though, has a broken arm. It looks like it just snapped right off in shipping or something. I'm not really sure what to do about that.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c221/zerohaste/war_broken.jpg

:(

Might be able to use model glue I think. I am no Warhammer miniature expert though.

Jube3

Vashu said:

They key to picking up gold early on is with a gathering proffession like Scavenging. Just scavenge EVERY body you see and vendor all of it cept for the epic/blue stuff and the stuff that sells for 1 brass. Save those and vendor everything else. I have 7g atm and im lv 13.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Vashu said:

Dude you know I am joking right, shit don't take stuff so seriously Even though I didn't but the Lol thing, still man lighten up.

nataku said:

war_broken.jpg
Mine came in like 4 pieces..

More screenies/scoreboards.

tanking a dragon
AsteriskM_006.jpg

side-view
AsteriskM_010.jpg

a personal best
AsteriskM_013.jpg

not a sore loser, but i did earn the title meat shield this scenario and as you can see it's appropriate. fuckin witch elf. :lol
AsteriskM_018.jpg

Pre ordered through Gamestop.

Never got the "early-play" code but I just had the game delivered to my door a day early. o_O

Surprising and torturous at the same time. I don't know if it's worth it to call Gamestop and hassle them for my pre order code so I can play tonight.

Twig

Banned
TurtleSnatcher said:

It means everything when the rest of your team is a bunch of idiots and they're all on offense 100% of the time. Meanwhile I'm sitting all by my lonesome defending points not even in combat about a quarter of the time. And I still get almost double the next highest damage dealer on my time. Not to mention I have the most kills and I only died once. Again, I stress on defense.

In other words, I should not have been on top, but I was.

I wasn't trying to brag. \: Back the fuck off, geez.
You get that part from disenchanting greens and above. Well not disenchanting obviously, whatever they are calling it in the game.
Wait. So in order to make talismans, I have to find someone who can salvage equipment?

That's fucking balls. \:
And on that note, I really loathe the professions I've tried in this game.
I like scavenging. But that's because it's so easy and there is a huge abundance of humanoid enemies. Mo' money, mo' money, mo' money.

I agree that the crafting professions are ass. Thankfully, I don't really care about professions in any MMO, and the PvP more than makes up for it for me.

nataku said:

Have you never seen a Warhammer miniature? You have to put them together.

The art book is really nice.

TheOneGuy said:
It means everything when the rest of your team is a bunch of idiots and they're all on offense 100% of the time. Meanwhile I'm sitting all by my lonesome defending points not even in combat about a quarter of the time. And I still get almost double the next highest damage dealer on my time. Not to mention I have the most kills and I only died once. Again, I stress on defense.

In other words, I should not have been on top, but I was.

I wasn't trying to brag. \: Back the fuck off, geez.

Wait. So in order to make talismans, I have to find someone who can salvage equipment?

That's fucking balls. \:

I like scavenging. But that's because it's so easy and there is a huge abundance of humanoid enemies. Mo' money, mo' money, mo' money.

I agree that the crafting professions are ass. Thankfully, I don't really care about professions in any MMO, and the PvP more than makes up for it for me.
Woah calm down there sir. I was just stating that Dmg means nothing.

I can defend and kill a few people and attack 1 priest who just sits and heals for 10+ mins and get highest dmg too.. Just stating that Renowned Earned would be a decent measure..

Not saying you didn't do well ...

I love how people freak out over a MMO that they go off into name calling :lol

Just a reminder people.. These are VIRTUAL characters :lol

eznark

Banned
anyone know if when you reserve something at Best Buy, you need to pick it up at that best buy? Or can I go to any best buy?

Vashu

Elbrain said:
Dude you know I am joking right, shit don't take stuff so seriously Even though I didn't but the Lol thing, still man lighten up.

Come on, you obviously weren't joking. And neither am I. ;)

Don't worry, you pompous ass, I wasn't offended. I just felt like reacting like that. But right now, I got salvaging on, and I don't know where to get scavenging to be honest. Might look for that too since most people think it's the best way to get more money more faster.

How do you like the game so far btw?

They looked secure in the box too.. I mean.. It was under the book in a concave area to protect it..

Baffles me on how they broke.

Ferrio: Mine is really mashed :lol

Like Turtle said. My mini package was smashed. Its not just in pieces.

Which is odd since my CE is is mint condition. And while I'm at it, HOLY SHIT at the art book! YUM!

Twig

Banned
TurtleSnatcher said:
I love how people freak out over a MMO that they go off into name calling :lol
Where did I call you any names? o_O

Oh, you mean me calling the people I was playing with idiots, I guess.

Well... they are! ):

I've played enough MMO PvP to know whether someone is an incompetent fool. Or at least acting the part. I don't pretend to be good at PvP, but at least I'm competent. ):

Another crafting question: So, I get curios from scavenging -- I know this because I have a fuckton from doing my own scavenging. Son of Godzila says you get fragments from salvaging. Where does one get gold/magic essences? D: There's store-bought stuff but I'm assuming that's not too hot later in the game.

Tamanon

Banned
Also, apparently you can buy lesser essences from a merchant. Bought the game, installing now. I'll be rolling on the GAF server. Leaning towards Bright Wizard right now, still gotta decide. I loved my mage in WoW.

Google

Guys,

I am downloading the game right now from EA - should be done in a few more hours.

Anyway, this is my very first MMO experience...ever...

But I was quite a big Warhammer fan back in the day, and I guess I should try it out, right?

Anyway, I guess I'm going Elves - probably a Shadow Warrior, as I remember being a big fan of these guys a few years ago.

Looking forward to playing with you guys.

Top Bottom