• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

User 406

Banned
Yixian, when you're in a CTF game where both teams are strong and use good teamwork, and the enemy team gets the flag out of your base, what do you tend to do? Do you help chase down and recover your flag or do you try to pick up the enemy flag in the confusion while they're scrambling to protect the carrier?

When you say that 9 times out of 10 the flag never gets out of the base, I remind you that that's the likeliest outcome if you rush in fast on a solo run without a proper coordinated assault. You don't want the enemies to get 10 points for picking up the flag in their own base? Then don't go in until the base has been properly cleared. But you shouldn't be thinking like that anyway, because sudden solo flag captures are an excellent way to keep the enemy concentrated in their own base and not attacking your flag or spawn points.

And for crying out loud, why do you CARE how much the opposing players get for whatever they're doing? The whole point is to win the game. I've been on the winning side in several games where we worked as a team, and some guy on the opposing team was listed as the top player. Well guess what, we beat him and his team.

icechai

wooo finally got in a game w/ a fellow GAFn, nice game Bladest0rm, I capped the flag w/ 10 seconds left in that last one woooo :)

Steroyd

GoncaloCCastro said:
I just had an awesome game of DM with Steroyd and free. I usually never play DM but I ended up first.

Yeah I was embarrasing I usually don't get shot out the sky that easily and did you put mines on the Warhawks? someone did cheap bugger.

I've been stuck at the same amount of points for the past 3 days. It just doesn't credit me any. I think its stupid to be care so much about them but I want to unlock new shit. I might just quit playing altogether until this gets patched.

djkimothy

TTP said:
Just tried a 28/32 room and got the usual Room Full message

I got those errors as well. But at least I'm getting to play the game now. Not many network errors as before for some reason.

It's official though. I suck at flying the warhawk. I'm usually on foot or at an anti-air canon.

Steroyd

GoncaloCCastro said:
Yeah, I did put mines in some Warhawks. :D

That was lame I tried doing that myself and the mines just disappear, :/

I Think that map and the one after with CTF are the only maps I don't know well.

Steroyd said:
That was lame I tried doing that myself and the mines just disappear, :/

I Think that map and the one after with CTF are the only maps I don't know well.

Mines disappear if you place 4 mines, pick up mines from the same location you picked up before, and place them again... Once you place new mines, the old mines disappear.

It's done to prevent mine campers... unless you don't mind watching the entire map full of mines :p

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
Anyone get this game on Amazon?

I get:

Items shipping soon:
Delivery estimate: October 8, 2007 - October 26, 2007

WTF, anyone know why? Should I just cancel my order?

Firewire

Banned
PistolGrip said:
Anyone get this game on Amazon?

I get:

Items shipping soon:
Delivery estimate: October 8, 2007 - October 26, 2007

WTF, anyone know why? Should I just cancel my order?

Screw that! Just go out & buy it or download it & buy a headset.

Steroyd

shagg_187 said:
Mines disappear if you place 4 mines, pick up mines from the same location you picked up before, and place them again... Once you place new mines, the old mines disappear.

It's done to prevent mine campers... unless you don't mind watching the entire map full of mines :p

I know that but my mine disappeared on the Warhawk and blew up if anyone got near it.

I know for a fact im gonna be stuck a long time without the warhawk recruiting badge. I almost never use a warhawk, and requiring me to use one to progress blows.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Firewire said:
Just a guess, but maybe "In Air Requirement" a badge you get for doing something in a Warhawk?

it's IAR Requirement. that would mean "In Air Requirement Requirement" :lol

therapist

lame.

ever since the update last night i cant seem to play anything online.

Only online games i have are tekken and warhawk.

Everytime i try warhawk,i get past the usage policy, then it goes to processing login , and i just get network timeout.

WHen i try to join a game in tekken , it searches the rooms somehow incredibly fast , many games show up,but none have any latency meters ,and every1 i try to join just gives me a network error. Wtf sony?

Jim

kaching said:
Shouldn't have been too much of a hardship for you, since you liked Genji 2. ;)

Define "liked". You mean the polished graphics and nice effects for a launch title, when the framerate remained steady (and that's it)? Then yeah. So far, I may like Genji 2 more than Lair...

Anyway, the damn stats better work tonight.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Jim said:
Define "liked". You mean the polished graphics and nice effects for a launch title, when the framerate remained steady (and that's it)? Then yeah. So far, I may like Genji 2 more than Lair...

Anyway, the damn stats better work tonight.

Mine are still stuck. Just finished playing.

Firewire

Banned
therapist said:
lame.

ever since the update last night i cant seem to play anything online.

Only online games i have are tekken and warhawk.

Everytime i try warhawk,i get past the usage policy, then it goes to processing login , and i just get network timeout.

WHen i try to join a game in tekken , it searches the rooms somehow incredibly fast , many games show up,but none have any latency meters ,and every1 i try to join just gives me a network error. Wtf sony?

Jebus! The update was supposed to fix things not make them worse! I'll be royally pissed if I can't get my Wowhawk fix tonight!

Firewire

Banned
TTP said:
the update has nothing to do with this.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2007/09/04/firmware-update-v192/

Besides, I'm sick of Incog silence about the whole Warhawk thing. It really drives me crazy not knowing what's going on. The official community forum is a mess.

Has anyone heard anything from Incognito or Sony about when the server problems & stats
will be fixed? Its been a week after launch, and nothing seems to be addressed yet!

I picked up this game on launch morning and just finally got some time to put into it. It's a great game so far. I've only spent most of my time flying though. The one problem I have with the game is the controls, even with pro mode on. I can't stand having to use all 4 shoulder buttons the entire time, it feels weird holding the controller like that. I'm also getting pissed at the server disconnects mid game. Tons of fun and very good surround sound.

sk3tch

I finally received my retail copy today (FamilyVideo.com, $50.98 shipped...woo!).

Can someone send me a GafW invite (PSN: sk3tchcom)? I already PM'd the spreadsheet maintainer to let them know to update my status. Thanks!!! :D

CaptWinky

after playing with people onhere.. I just can't go into a normal game where most people don't talk... maybe it's cause I'm enlisted an use to a plan. I doubt that is it. I refuse to believe it.

I do know that it's no longer fun to me without people playing roles. Maybe I'm pissed cause I just spent a hour getting the server full an can't login crap

ghostmind

After being in the beta, and owning this game for a week, i'm on the fence about trading it in...i'ts just not gelling for me for some reason...

mackaveli

k, i know this has been answered in this forum but there are thousands of posts and if i search for it it will yield a lot of posts.

so please no sacarstic* remarks i just need a simple answer to a simple question.

Are ranked games the ones that are blue and hosted by sony? or can players create ranked servers because the only blue ones i see are from sony so i join them hoping to rank up but my stats arent updating (i know this is common right now). but i read of some gaffers creating servers and they say its a ranked game so can i rank up in those games?

thank you.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
mackaveli said:
k, i know this has been answered in this forum but there are thousands of posts and if i search for it it will yield a lot of posts.

so please no sacarstic* remarks i just need a simple answer to a simple question.

Are ranked games the ones that are blue and hosted by sony? or can players create ranked servers because the only blue ones i see are from sony so i join them hoping to rank up but my stats arent updating (i know this is common right now). but i read of some gaffers creating servers and they say its a ranked game so can i rank up in those games?

thank you.

Ranked games are all those that show a trophy icon to the far left without a red X on it. White ones are private servers hosted by end users. Blue ones are SCEA's. You can rank up (theoretically) in both.

mackaveli

TTP said:
Ranked games are all those that show a trophy icon to the far left without a red X on it. White ones are private servers hosted by end users. Blue ones are SCEA's. You can rank up (theoretically) in both.

k thanks, and is there a way to filter everything so it shows only ranked games because i tried looking at the options and i cannot see anything to do this.

Also, how do i even create a ranked game? i looked in the options when i was playing but couldn't find anything.

thanks for the quick response.

Sea Manky said:
And for crying out loud, why do you CARE how much the opposing players get for whatever they're doing? The whole point is to win the game. I've been on the winning side in several games where we worked as a team, and some guy on the opposing team was listed as the top player. Well guess what, we beat him and his team.
This happens when people don't understand that it's a team game. If you guys are into letting someone die in order to get the flag and score for yourself, stay in the deathmatch servers.

icechai

CaptWinky said:
after playing with people onhere.. I just can't go into a normal game where most people don't talk... maybe it's cause I'm enlisted an use to a plan. I doubt that is it. I refuse to believe it.

I do know that it's no longer fun to me without people playing roles. Maybe I'm pissed cause I just spent a hour getting the server full an can't login crap

how do you have the patience and bad luck to try for an hour? If the blue servers are full, i try to go to one w/ at least 3 spots open, if that is full (almost never the case), I goto a white server with spots open (never has been full for me yet). Most time I've spent trying to get into a server is 3 minutes.

burnfout

That CTF game with Escalation and GoncaloCastro was awesome :) Some real tense moments there with the warhawk chasing the jeep, dropping the flag, racing to another warhawk trying to get steal the flag again before it is saved...

Awesome game :)

Yixian

Banned
Sea Manky said:
Yixian, when you're in a CTF game where both teams are strong and use good teamwork, and the enemy team gets the flag out of your base, what do you tend to do? Do you help chase down and recover your flag or do you try to pick up the enemy flag in the confusion while they're scrambling to protect the carrier?

I grab the other flag. That's what I do. I haven't lost a CTF game since I bought Warhawk, and I agree, catching it while they're trying to protect their own is an ideal tactic.

But I care about what other people are scoring because this is a competitive game :p It's about getting better looking paint on my hawk than the other dude, this is where I let my elitist bastard capitalist pig side out ;) I'm a bleeding heart gandhi loving communist in rl, I vent my dark side in games.

Top Bottom