• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

Miguel

burnfout said:
That CTF game with Escalation and GoncaloCastro was awesome :) Some real tense moments there with the warhawk chasing the jeep, dropping the flag, racing to another warhawk trying to get steal the flag again before it is saved...

Awesome game :)
:lol yeah these have been awesome matches.

<--mmolinajr btw, incase you guys wanted to know who wasn't talking.

My mic has been shit since I got it. :(

Still was able to listen to you guys and try to help

calder

CaptWinky said:
what's your psn?
caldermuyo

I'm not sure fun it would be, but isn't there an option to play CTF with the flag carrier being able to use Warhawks? I remember it from the beta but I haven't tried hosting yet, it would sure be different, and I bet there'd be fewer 0-0 matches. ;)

the_id

i played on Kilthee's server last night. the PST one on zones. i was the only one playing! :lol :lol :lol. oh well...been too busy with work lately. no time for warhawk even on this weekend.

anyway...we're catching up on the Bioshock thread. keep posting guys!

indie85

Banned
gamerecks said:
I know for a fact im gonna be stuck a long time without the warhawk recruiting badge. I almost never use a warhawk, and requiring me to use one to progress blows.
Its either OR the points to rank up, just get the points in a CTF or Zone game if your that bothered.

FightyF

Banned
calder said:
caldermuyo

I'm not sure fun it would be, but isn't there an option to play CTF with the flag carrier being able to use Warhawks? I remember it from the beta but I haven't tried hosting yet, it would sure be different, and I bet there'd be fewer 0-0 matches. ;)

Yeah it's in the full version too. And yes, it would mean far fewer 0-0 matches.

Actually some of the 0-0 matches I played were largely due to the fact that the flag was at the opponent's base, and you can't get it back since they keep respawning there and grabbing it (and vice versa, I kept a flag in a room and kept dying and 1/2 the time respawned in that same room). In those cases you'd have to make the flag easy to return.

I sorta wish there was a 1-flag CTF, where it could not be returned to base. I set that sort of gametype in Halo 2 and it's pure madness. Though I'll admit there isn't much strategy and it's a chaotic war of attrition for 10 minutes, but it's still crazy fun as it's basically every single player in the map fighting in one particular area.

Roxas

aaaaaargh why cant i play a ranked game!! Im crying in frustration at this :lol

I cant even join the GAF GMT match thats going on. I assume that isnt a ranked match

kay

Roxas said:
aaaaaargh why cant i play a ranked game!! Im crying in frustration at this :lol

I cant even join the GAF GMT match thats going on. I assume that isnt a ranked match
It's not counting stats so there isn't a point in joining a ranked game right now.

joshcryer

it's ok, you're all right now
This may be a useless suggestion, and may have been made before already, but I was told that if you forward 3658 UDP on your router you'll have much better success with connections.

Jtrizzy

therapist said:
lame.

ever since the update last night i cant seem to play anything online.

Only online games i have are tekken and warhawk.

Everytime i try warhawk,i get past the usage policy, then it goes to processing login , and i just get network timeout. Wtf sony?

me too Sony you suck...it took me about 20 minutes to get signed in, then I went to play WH and the above happened. I signed out from the network, and now it won't let me sign back in.

well now im back in, but my icon has changed to a silver icon--can't tell if it's smiling or distressed.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
GoncaloCCastro said:
I'm done for the day, games with GAF members were awesome.

Indeed :D. Good games everyone.

Hey Sea_Manky, how did you like that pistol kill from afar? :p

Talamius

Just downloaded Warhawk (already had a USB headset laying around) but I keep getting network timeouts when trying to login. Is the a list of ports I can forward or something to fix this?

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
First hour with Warhawk.

1st minute - Eagerly install as game finished downloading while I was at work, this is me, except I'm more white, and less young:
smile.jpg

Minutes 5 to 10 - Try out a local game to test control, judge graphical prowess, & blow shit up, this is me, except I'm whiter, and less rad:
happy_owen.jpg

Minutes 10 to 20 - Attempt to go online, meet brick wall that is "Timeout Error" repeatably, This is me, except less orange. (More of a frustration shade of red)
Worried%20Man.jpg

Time for caffeine.

Minutes 25 to 30 - Drink tea, read up on issues & solutions online, there seem to be options, various attempts at making it work via network setup etc. arcane login & logout tricks, none work, but hope springs eternal, I have an idea...

Time to sacrifice a neighbourhood cat to the cause....

Minutes 35 to 40 - This is Henry, Next door won't miss him, they certainly never feed him.
Cat.jpg

Succubus_cat_sacrifice.jpg

*Image removed due to graphic nature, sorry cat lovers, I'm a dog person*

Minutes 40 to 45 - Attempt online shenanigans again, get online! - Happy again
23210457.jpg

Minutes 45 to 50 - Attempt to join a game, meet brick wall of "Game is Full", The server browser was less than truthful, and I am getting close to primal in my rage
dreamstimeweb_angry374345_1.jpg

Minutes 50 to 60 - Get in game OMGWTFBBQ at damned last FFS blaaarghgh!111!, and as immediately, and constantly, teamkilled by a moron named "haha1pw3ndY00" whilst listening to his scratchy-ass rantings via his headset.

This is me, at the end of 60 minutes... with a glass of meths
DepressedPerson.jpg

oh, and one last picture, this is whoever it is at Sony responsible for this mess if he doesn't fix it up damned soon, except this guy has more intact limbs than necessary:
tony-hospital.jpg

I would dig up a pic of what haha1pw3ndY00 would look like if I could track him down, but those pics would result in a police visit and jailtime, so I'll refrain.

Hmmmpfffghgh!

(Will try again tomorrow or post-patch)

artist

Banned
Talamius said:
Just downloaded Warhawk (already had a USB headset laying around) but I keep getting network timeouts when trying to login. Is the a list of ports I can forward or something to fix this?
I'm getting the timeout error for the last 2 hours .. :'(

Roxas

the timeout error is because of the 1.92 FW update apparently. You need to reset your router, then everything will work ok...

User 406

Banned
Yixian said:
I grab the other flag. That's what I do. I haven't lost a CTF game since I bought Warhawk, and I agree, catching it while they're trying to protect their own is an ideal tactic.

Point being, since all you do is go for the flag, you really don't have any idea how hard it is to return a flag that a coordinated team has gotten out of your base. Kaching knows what's up.

Yixian said:
But I care about what other people are scoring because this is a competitive game :p It's about getting better looking paint on my hawk than the other dude, this is where I let my elitist bastard capitalist pig side out ;) I'm a bleeding heart gandhi loving communist in rl, I vent my dark side in games.

So essentially, the real differences between you and the defensive rank scummer are 1) method, 2) he's getting more points than you. :|

TTP said:
Hey Sea_Manky, how did you like that pistol kill from afar? :p

:(

Man, I will NEVER get the hang of trying to aim precisely with an analog stick. MOUSE FO LIFE! How the hell do people even snipe? :X

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Vennt said:
Hmmmpfffghgh!

(Will try again tomorrow or post-patch)

Post what time you'll try again tomorrow so I can set you up a GAF server. I'll kick non gaffers out for the first half hour to make room for you guys.

Roxas said:
the timeout error is because of the 1.92 FW update apparently. You need to reset your router, then everything will work ok...

Please don't spread this if your not 100% sure. The timeout error was occurring to me an hour before the firmware was released; 1.92 has nothing to do with the timeout errors. This happened in the beta too, not the timeout errors but the passing the buck onto new firmware (The DLNA firmware was blamed for the freezing in the beta). It was BS back then and it sounds like BS now.

dralla said:
damn click's server and its 5 cap limit. games never end

Best way to rack up all those extra bonus points loving ribbons is in looooong games :D

KGKK

Banned
Yeah, I don't even care about points anymore since it has not updated since Friday for me. And I have been Cheif Sergeant since last Friday eventhough I know I did not earn it yet. Maybe now I did after I have played a lot. Anyhow ingame I keep getting badges I have already earned before and I keep getting the message that I have been promoted to Airman but it means shit since it does not even record the stats properly so who the f*ck cares!!:(

Anyhow, good game on Click's server tonight. It was my first 32player match and man is it epic. I've gotten good at this game as now I noticed I always place high in the rankings at the end of the match:D The last CTF match was epic as it was a tie. Loved it!:D

Roxas

Killthee said:
Please don't spread this if your not 100% sure. The timeout error was occurring to me an hour before the firmware was released; 1.92 has nothing to do with the timeout errors. This happened in the beta too, not the timeout errors but the passing the buck onto new firmware (The DLNA firmware was blamed for the freezing in the beta). It was BS back then and it sounds like BS now.

Worked for me. It was working fine for me before the 1.92 update. After, i try to log in, and it kept timing out. Reset my router, and now it works fine.

User 406

Banned
dralla said:
there's a pretty strong auto-aim in WH, aiming shouldnt be too hard even for PC users

Sure, when you're in the proper range for the weapon. TTP was drilling me from beyond assault rifle distance with a PISTOL, and I'll be damned if I can figure out how to hit anything at all with the sniper rifle. :X

Core407

Banned
Sea Manky said:
Sure, when you're in the proper range for the weapon. TTP was drilling me from beyond assault rifle distance with a PISTOL, and I'll be damned if I can figure out how to hit anything at all with the sniper rifle. :X

It's all about leading. Don't shoot where the person is, but aim where they are going and they'll basically walk into the shot. I love sniping from one side of the map.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Core407 said:
It's all about leading. Don't shoot where the person is, but aim where they are going and they'll basically walk into the shot. I love sniping from one side of the map.

Even more awesome is getting into Sniper Warz. Man, that's freaking awesome.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Timeout errors have stopped for me. Was having trouble immediately after FW 1.92 install last night, but it's gone now. Didn't reset router or anything in the meantime.

But for a new low in the "room is full" fiasco, I tried joining an SCEA server that listed as NINE players short of the max and it hit me with the message that it was full.

mackaveli

i was in clicks server for awhile. it had no lag which was great but man after the first two games my team was annoying. ppl wouldnt shutup on the mic. and to top it off, this one guy tried to team kill me for no reason. and then another dude was just shooting everywhere. i couldnt take it anymore and left

dralla

i like I was on your team mack and I think it was KGGK who kept running over my mines. thx for the pts. i left after the zones game on island outpost, games were just too long for me. 5000 Zones, 5 CTF

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
mackaveli said:
i was in clicks server for awhile. it had no lag which was great but man after the first two games my team was annoying. ppl wouldnt shutup on the mic. and to top it off, this one guy tried to team kill me for no reason. and then another dude was just shooting everywhere. i couldnt take it anymore and left

You can mute people by pressing start -> Sound -> Voice Control

The people with the yellow sound wave icon are the ones that are talking at that moment.

belvedere

Junior Butler
I think my success is even fucking worse after 1.92.

NETWORK TIMEOUT
NETWORK TIMEOUT
NETWORK TIMEOUT

I already said fuck

mackaveli

Killthee said:
You can mute people by pressing start -> Sound -> Voice Control

The people with the yellow sound wave icon are the ones that are talking at that moment.

i did, i muted the whole team because it was at least 4+ people being jackasses. and i couldnt switch teams so i just gave up.

mackaveli

dralla said:
i like I was on your team mack and I think it was KGGK who kept running over my mines. thx for the pts. i left after the zones game on island outpost, games were just too long for me. 5000 Zones, 5 CTF

yah true, that 5000 zones took forever to finish. the only thing that went really fast was the team death match to 100 but man is it hard to dog fight with 32 warhawks.

mr stroke

CaptWinky said:
after playing with people onhere.. I just can't go into a normal game where most people don't talk...

this has to be my biggest pet peve of any online game..whats the point of playing online if you can't hear the other people talking???isn't that what online is about?comunication and cooperation???
it really kills me when I go into a ranked server of 32 people and no one is using a mic???!!!!!!!!!! how the hell can you properlly win a game with communication??could you imagine going to Iraq and trying to win a gunfight with out talking??the team that communicates will always smoke the ones that don't...
come on people for GODS SAKE please USE your MICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JB1981

mr stroke said:
this has to be my biggest pet peve of any online game..what the point of playing online if you can't here the other people talking???isn't that what online is about?comunication and cooperation???
it really kills me when I go into a ranked server of 32 people and no one is using a mic???!!!!!!!!!! how the hell can you properlly win a game with communication??could you imagine going to Iraq and trying to win a gunfight with out talking??the team that communicates will always smoke the ones that don't...
come on people for GODS SAKE please USE your MICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
this game in particular is the ultimate sandbox MP title. It's so easy to get lost and make your own fun.

it's good for people who don't want to communicate but bad for those who do. stick to smaller games with people you know and it should be more collaborative.

B-Ri

still no solution for network timeout? cause resetting my router didnt work, unless you want me to reset the ENTIRe thing and reenter all the router ports ect. ect.

challen

If you get these weird timeouts after you accept the EULA, just keep restarting Warhawk and try to login. I was able to get in that way.
If you are having timeouts joining games, I'd suggest making your own player server for now.

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
Signing out & then signing back into PSN solved the timeouts for me.

Have been having some awesome TDM dogfights since my bitchfest, loving the game once you're IN, but damn if getting a game in the first place isn't in need of serious loving!

Top Bottom