• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

KGKK

Banned
hukasmokincaterpillar said:
Those were good games on GAF east server last night. Not sure which Gaffers were on my team during that nutty zones match (I think I saw Sea Mankey and somebody else), but damn that was awesome. Click had the medium Island Outpost map set up for 32 players so those two bridges became these ridiculous choke points where everybody was trying to hold and cross at the same time. Tanks and jeeps going head to head, Warhawks doing strafing and bombing runs, TOWs falling out of the sky. It was crazy. We eventually had every zone in the park, it was nothing but Eucadian blue. :D Kinda felt bad for the other team afterawhile, hehe.

:lol :lol Yeah I was on that game on the other team. My you guys owned us. My whole team kept rushing only one of the bridges where you guys had sniper on the other one sniping everybody who came on to it. I kept yelling at the team go for the other bridge but no one was listening. Oh well, I eventually got switched to the blue team after that game so I got to play with the fellow winning GAFFERS:D

Firewire

Banned
All I need are stats now!

Did the 1.92 update last night (no problems) logged into Warhawk no problem, joined Click in GAFe CTF game (got wiped, I've been doing Dog Fights only) checked out the other servers, I tried maybe 6-8 different servers last night & I didn't have a problem getting into any. No more room is full b.s. Also it connects you allot faster now as well, which is awesome.

Defuser

Mines + CTF = Pure Sex

I have many victims fall into my placing of unexpected mines.

Come on guys,just a 100 post more to beat bioshock!!!

Nos_G

I'm a fan of the sniping in this game. The scope is not super zoomy and needs a bit of skill to use.

Me and Wicked Laharl (?) were just trading shots most of the time. Good times. :D

Firewire

Banned
Defuser said:
Mines + CTF = Pure Sex

Come on guys,just a 100 post more to beat bioshock!!!

You mentioned a bad bad word, that should never be used in a Wowhawk thread! :lol

Whoaness

Banned
Mines are easy to clear. Nab a warhawk, grab the cluster bomb, clear the flag of mines.

But then when I jumped into a jeep, someone placed a mine on the jeep. >_> made it to my flag but I died when I got out.

And how does one get clan invite?

Miguel

:lol

One of the CTF games last night, I somehow set a mine on a jeep that was pointed inwards...so you couldn't even tell there was a mine there.

I placed the Jeep right in front of where the flag was, and waited. :lol

sure enough, someone comes blazing in on a warhawk, lands, nabs the flag, and tries to jump in the jeep. Hello, Mr Mine. Boom. :)

Boy, yesterday I was feeling like White Ice Cube.

Some douchebag TK's me. Normally I'm a forgive and forget kind of guy, but not yesterday.

I respawn. Grab a machine gun, go back to the base, unload a clip in this asshats face and take back my f@cking gear that he wasn't using properly anyhow.

Ugh. . .

I'm also considering a "F@ck your monkey ass" policy where-in anyone who walks, drives, flies in my line of fire will get TK'd. Sick of this shit.

You want to live?

STOP RUNNING IN FRONT OF MY ASSAULT!

Chemo

Alright, officially looking for a clan invite if there are any slots available or someone wants to start another GAF clan.

PSN: Chemoglobin
Region: North America
Time Zone: EST

h3ro

Awesome CTF game with you guys last night on Click's servers! I would really like to join the GAF clan. Here is my info:

GAF ID: h3ro
PSN ID: m0nkeyhero (first "o" is a zero)
Timezone: EST - NY, NY
Region: NA

Lookin' forward to some great matches guys!

Baker

Banned
Finally downloaded this last night. Now I'm looking for a clan and/or any online resources.

PSN: Forensick
Time Zone: Central (Illinois)

Ragnarok10

The stats are pissing me off. I've played the game like half a dozen times since it's release last week and only the stats from my FIRST day are showing. Am I doing something wrong? I play in ranked servers for 4 or 5 games and then quit using the "Quit Game" option once a game is already over and before the next game starts.

Firewire

Banned
Ragnarok10 said:
The stats are pissing me off. I've played the game like half a dozen times since it's release last week and only the stats from my FIRST day are showing. Am I doing something wrong? I play in ranked servers for 4 or 5 games and then quit using the "Quit Game" option in once a game is already over and before the next game starts.

Your not doing anything wrong. The stats right now are all screwy, Incognito is working on it, but be aware that all your stats might not be added when its finally fixed, there is a good chance that when the stats are actually fixed everyone will start off with 0 stats. Consider this a practice period!

Steroyd

Ragnarok10 said:
The stats are pissing me off. I've played the game like half a dozen times since it's release last week and only the stats from my FIRST day are showing. Am I doing something wrong? I play in ranked servers for 4 or 5 games and then quit using the "Quit Game" option in once a game is already over and before the next game starts.

Like I said before might as well go in Gaf servers, and have fun with the stats being a bi-product of that fun till it gets sorted.

I'm getting promoted all the time in Resistance but I don't think about that because I love playing IN THE PARTY SYSTEM TO PLAY AS A TEAM WITH THE CLAN.

You hear that Incognito huh? PARTAY SYSTEM. P.A.R.T.A.Y.

Atrus

Gold Member
The stats server has been offline since about the 1st or 2nd of September. I don't believe it's updated for anyone since then. Before then, the stats were updating intermittently anyway, given that the server was likely overloaded for the task.

For now, everyone can practice playing until they bring it back online. The only significant game issue thus far aside from the servers is the bug I get when I pick up a weapon icon but don't get the weapon at all.

I'm pretty sure this is another server related issue as well, but unlike stats which doesn't really impact much aside from unlocking customizations, this one does affect the game. Nothing stops a kill streak like not being able to pick up the weapon you need to either avoid death or to maximize kills.

I've lost about 100 or so ribbons in the mean time; from all my Presidential merits, World Victories, Base Defense and a fair chunk of others, and even some of my best kill streaks but I for one don't care all that much. What is lost now will hardly matter in the long run.

Defuser

Firewire said:
Your not doing anything wrong. The stats right now are all screwy, Incognito is working on it, but be aware that all your stats might not be added when its finally fixed, there is a good chance that when the stats are actually fixed everyone will start off with 0 stats. Consider this a practice period!
Hell no, I'll strangle their babies if they reset the stats.

belvedere

Junior Butler
So is anyone still getting the timeout errors? I really want to play tonight but fear throwing my controller through my nice HDTV.

hteng

Banned
i still get time out errors, but i just turn off the PS3, leave it for like 5mins or so and come back, it'll work again

btw... damn homing missiles, anyway to dodge these other than using chaffs/flares or going for cover?

Nos_G

I'm getting network timeouts right now... :\

And speaking of clans, I still need a GAFe invite :(

*/me slaps UnholySpectacle with a Warhawk*

Firewire

Banned
belvedere said:
So is anyone still getting the timeout errors? I really want to play tonight but fear throwing my controller through my nice HDTV.

Last night

I didn't have any time out errors at all!
Didn't have any problems getting into any servers! (no room is full)
Connection to the servers was really fast!
Mic talk was allot clearer, with no static!
Gameplay was fantastic, as usual!

grendelrt

Since GAFe is full for the time being are they going to start another clan? I would like to join one if they do.

PSN Grendelrt
TimeZone Eastern

h3ro

Something I would really like Incog to add is an in-game message system. I've seen some friends on my buddy list that were also waiting on the home page while finding a game and it would be great to be able to message them to join the same server I want to join with out quitting out of Warhawk to go to the XMB to message them or calling them.

From what I understand, Sony is working on a cross game invite system, but I guess an in game one would have to come from Incognito.

A party system would be great too, but I think another system Incog should implement is a server search that automatically puts your party into a server without having to go down the list (ala Halo or Resistance).

People who want to find their own server could still go to the list but those just wanting a quick game could jump in and have the game find one for them.

Firewire

Banned
Nos_G said:
And speaking of clans, I still need a GAFe invite :(

*/me slaps UnholySpectacle with a Warhawk*

Umm.

UnholySpectacle dropped out of GAFe last night. Right now I have leadership of the clan, & I sent out an invitation to LJ11, who will become the new clan leader. He wasn't on last night so I couldn't transfer the clan to LJ11, but I'm hopping he got the invite & will be on tonight so he can take leadership.
I tried sending out other invites last night, but still had problems. A person has to drop out right now (like Unholly did) before you can send a clan invite. Hopefully Incognito sorts this out quickly.

PS: UnholySpectacle, says when everything is fixed up he'll be back. (Hopefully!)

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Defuser said:
Mines + CTF = Pure Sex

Mines are sheer unadulterated fun in any mode. They're great for one-man zone defense as well. I was able to hold of wave after wave of attackers on Destroyed Capitol last night, just by playing a game of cat and mouse through the minefields I'd lay.

Always good to have mines on you at all times. Great way to take out people who try to run you down with jeeps, or get too low with a Warhawk. Just slap one on and get the hell out of the way :)

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Firewire said:
Umm.

UnholySpectacle dropped out of GAFe last night. Right now I have leadership of the clan, & I sent out an invitation to LJ11, who will become the new clan leader. He wasn't on last night so I couldn't transfer the clan to LJ11, but I'm hopping he got the invite & will be on tonight so he can take leadership.
I tried sending out other invites last night, but still had problems. A person has to drop out right now (like Unholly did) before you can send a clan invite. Hopefully Incognito sorts this out quickly.

PS: UnholySpectacle, says when everything is fixed up he'll be back. (Hopefully!)
Don't forget I've got GAF II East for the spillover until the clan glitches are fixed. GAF II East currently has 21 people who I was able to successfully send invites to, from a list of about 30 that Unholy sent me.

Nos_G, what's your PSN ID?

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Since I Still haven't gotten an invite:

PSN: SuperDeanio
timeZone: EST

Had some fun last night on Killthee's server. An actual CTF game where the 3 guys near the flag didnt kill me to take it. Any word on a second GAFw clan? It makes me a sad panda when I see my GAFmates with clan tags and I dont have one.

h3ro

Kaching, would you mind sending me an invite to GAF e II? My info is posted a little earlier in the thread. I'd really appreciate it!

mintylurb

kaching said:
Don't forget I've got GAF II East for the spillover until the clan glitches are fixed. GAF II East currently has 21 people who I was able to successfully send invites to, from a list of about 30 that Unholy sent me.

Nos_G, what's your PSN ID?
kaching, don't forget about me!

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=warhawk&thread.id=82116

First off -- I want to let all of you know that, contrary to some of the posts here...the team was not sailing around, enjoying the labor day holiday while you all played and earned medals that were ultimately never awarded to you :)

We have been pretty quiet recently as we look to determine the root cause of some of the issues that some players are currently experiencing. Some items we have fixes for, some we are still working on -- probably not the exact response that you wanted to hear, but its at least a status update.

The three main issues that we are tracking are:

* Stats and Ranking errors, delayed posting, missing stats.
* "Connection Failed" or otherwise messed-up join game errors.
* Network Drops/Disconnects (we have a fix for these and should be deployed in the next service window)

Our team here at Incognito along with our great support team in San Diego were, and continue to be, diligently working on these issues. I want to reassure everyone that while we *have* been quiet these last few days, it is NOT a sign that we are off on some tropical island somewhere...we are hard at work on the big issues.

I'm not going to spin it and say "oh....we just had soooo many players.....so successful...blah, blah, blah."

That's a bulls&*#$t PR answer. The fact of the matter is that, there were some unforeseen issues that occurred once we went live...plain and simple. From here on out, look for far more frequent updates from us...even if its bad news.

Lastly, while I appreciate everyone's excitement and feedback. I beg of you please don't call my office :)

My phone number was posted here and in a few other places and while I have had really good conversations with some of you, the team and I need to focus all of our attention on getting you great service...not going though 300 voicemails a day - I do hope you can understand.

I'll post update here as they become available.

And -- Yes this is Dylan from Incognito...I'm not sure why I'm showing up as "Junior"!!! I need to talk to somebody about that :)

clan me, please! I've sent PMs but to no avail!

PSN: IrishFigg
Time Zone: CST

like Resistance, I'm a wizard with a sniper rifle! :D

I was on kaching's team briefly in a dogfight match yesterday. We got #1 and #2 overall, if I can recall correctly. Rock and roll, baby!

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
gamerecks said:
Had some fun last night on Killthee's server. An actual CTF game where the 3 guys near the flag didnt kill me to take it. Any word on a second GAFw clan? It makes me a sad panda when I see my GAFmates with clan tags and I dont have one.

Start it :D name and tag it GAFw, and send out the invites to remaining GAFw members.

Nos_G

Firewire said:
Umm.

Well crap, I must have missed that memo. Please put a TPS coversheet next time.

kaching, same as my forum name. Nos_G

I'm listed down in the google spreadsheet roster under GAFe though, but never got invites.

Firewire

Banned
kaching said:

Ok! Wasn't sure what was up with GAFe II! So we have most of the original guys in either GAFe or GAFeII. Were the others that haven't gotten invites "user doesn't exist" or whatever it said or did the invites cap out for you?

PS: We should really hold a spot for Unholy, I'm sure at some point he'll come back to us. He dropped out of GAFe so I could send LJ11 the invite. So if you can include him on your side, we'll have that spot for him in the future!

Firewire

Banned
Nos_G said:
Well crap, I must have missed that memo. Please put a TPS coversheet next time.

kaching, same as my forum name. Nos_G

I'm listed down in the google spreadsheet roster under GAFe though, but never got invites.

Sorry, you didn't know! Also I'm not running the clan or anything. UnHoly just pm'd me yesterday just for the switch in leadership to LJ11. I don't manage the spreadsheet, thats Killthee's baby. I only tried sending other invites to see if the system was fixed, which it isn't.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Firewire said:
Ok! Wasn't sure what was up with GAFe II! So we have most of the original guys in either GAFe or GAFeII. Were the others that haven't gotten invites "user doesn't exist" or whatever it said or did the invites cap out for you?

PS: We should really hold a spot for Unholy, I'm sure at some point he'll come back to us. He dropped out of GAFe so I could send LJ11 the invite. So if you can include him on your side, we'll have that spot for him in the future!
Yeah the ones on the list that Unholy gave me that haven't gotten invites are ones I got "user doesn't exist" for. I can try sending invites to them again since some of them may not have had the game at the time. I'll hold a spot for Unholy though, like you suggested.

mintylurb, I did try to add you earlier - you were one of the "user doesn't exist" people. Sounds like you hadn't gotten the game yet when I sent the invite. I'll try again

Nos_G, you weren't on the list that Unholy sent me. Recent addition? I'll see if I can add you to the list.

h3ro, I'm just providing backup support for the GAFe clan until clan bugs in the game get worked out. If you're a new player that wants to get on the roster, you should still coordinated with killthee to get on the spreadsheet and Firewire as the (current) clan leader for GAFe. They'll let me know if I should try to add you to GAFe II.

satori

Really amazing game. So hard to pick up and just play with out sinking in sooo many hours into it. Where "ok just one more game" turns into 20. I can not get enough of the warhawk battles.

Anyways PSN name is Sattori, hailing from west coast of usa. add me if you all wish:p

h3ro

kaching said:
h3ro, I'm just providing backup support for the GAFe clan until clan bugs in the game get worked out. If you're a new player that wants to get on the roster, you should still coordinated with killthee to get on the spreadsheet and Firewire as the (current) clan leader for GAFe. They'll let me know if I should try to add you to GAFe II.

Cool, thanks a lot Kaching!

Killthee, could you add me to the GAF roster on the spreadsheet? I can PM you if that is the official way to make this request. Thank you.

GAF ID: h3ro
PSN ID: m0nkeyhero
Region: NA
Timezone: EST - NY

Top Bottom