• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

spwolf

Firewire said:
Dralla:

Don't know if we need another in the OP or if its there already but here's another great review for Wowhawk!

http://www.gamerevolver.com/article-41-WarHawk-takes-to-the-skies.html

PRESENTATION 9.5
GRAPHICS 9.0
SOUND 9.5
GAMEPLAY 9.5
REPLAY VALUE 9.0
FUN FACTOR 9.3

replay value rocks... replay value for this game is like 30.0/10.0.

Once leaderboards start working, it will be interesting to see how many hours have people already put into the game...

suikodan

Killthee, could you add me to the GAF roster on the spreadsheet? I can PM you if that is the official way to make this request. Thank you.

GAF ID: suikodan
PSN ID: suikodan
Region: NA (Canada)
Timezone: -5 EST - Montréal

h3ro

suikodan said:
Killthee, could you add me to the GAF roster on the spreadsheet? I can PM you if that is the official way to make this request. Thank you.

Hey! Get your own clan request line! :p

Pimpwerx

Agent Icebeezy said:
I'm having a tough go with this as far as controls. Ground, jeep and hover controls like a fps, ie, right stick to control the camera. Aerial flight has its own method. I'm so conditioned to using the right stick to control a camera in games but I can't seem to find anything like that in the controller options
No one mentioned the pro-flight mode to me. I spent the first few days getting my ass shot out of the sky repeatedly before trying this out. It's much easier to take evasive action now in pro-flight mode. Everyone should use it, otherwise you're a sitting duck. PEACE.

Raist

Banned
wtf ? there's a [GAF] clan

In other news, SCEA has tripled its number of servers, while SCEE stll have the same low number... around 15... oh, and there are 2 SCE australia serv, too :p

kaching said:
Don't forget I've got GAF II East for the spillover until the clan glitches are fixed. GAF II East currently has 21 people who I was able to successfully send invites to, from a list of about 30 that Unholy sent me.

Nos_G, what's your PSN ID?
Is it possible for us to get a game going together?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
h3ro said:
Cool, thanks a lot Kaching!

GAF ID: h3ro
PSN ID: m0nkeyhero
Region: NA
Timezone: EST - NY

suikodan said:

GAF ID: suikodan
PSN ID: suikodan
Region: NA (Canada)
Timezone: -5 EST - Montréal

Check the roster before posting double request...............

Roxas

Warhawk servers will be down in the next couple of days...

Hey all,

As you may have seen most of our services will be down on the 6th between 5am and 7am for maintenance. However Warhawk will also be down again on the 7th during the same hours for further maintenance to the SCEE servers (we're updating the firmware to 1.92)

Apologies for the inconvenience to all the AM gamers out there.

This was taken from the UK Playstation forums.

http://community.eu.playstation.com/showthread.php?t=135896

Only mentiones SCEE servers though?

Raist

Banned
I'll setup a serv in a few minutes guys. I can only host 12 players tho.

Will be non ranked and password protected. GAFu folks, you know the pass :p

People that aren't part of GAFu, PM me to get it.

Server name : GAFu

Games : CTF / TDM (dogfight) / Zones / CTF / DM (dogfight)

Oh, and timezone is GMT+1

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Steroyd said:
What the hell I get my first ever timeout. :/

must...play...warhawk...

I think servers will be up and down for the next few days as devs attempt to fix their stuff.

Raist

Banned
Steroyd said:
What the hell I get my first ever timeout. :/

must...play...warhawk...

Got my first one today too.

BUT

On the ToS screen, i clicked accept before the ToS were displayed. Didn't go to the next screen, so waited a bit, clicked accept, time out. Retried, time out, etc etc

I rebooted warhawk, and it worked immediatly. May be a coincidence but still...

edit : ok, serv's up. GOGOGO

Nos_G

Not sure if this is common knowledge, but a single shot to the cockpit of a warhawk with the sniper rifle will cause it to go BOOM!

I was doing it all day yesterday on a ranked Sony server and a few times in that GAFe game. :D

I would play, but I'm getting ready for work :(

KTallguy

Banned
Nos_G said:
Not sure if this is common knowledge, but a single shot to the cockpit of a warhawk with the sniper rifle will cause it to go BOOM!

I was doing it all day yesterday on a ranked Sony server and a few times in that GAFe game. :D

Yea, that really sucks. :lol I think it happened to me.

If you hit the wing it does a fair bit of damage too, huh?

Oni Jazar

Raist said:

BUT

On the ToS screen, i clicked accept before the ToS were displayed. Didn't go to the next screen, so waited a bit, clicked accept, time out. Retried, time out, etc etc

Same thing happened to me.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Hello guys new to Neogaf just wanted to say hello, and BTW this game rocks if you guys see me in PSN send me and invite to play.

PSN: Alfred-abomb :D

Firewire

Banned
spwolf said:
replay value rocks... replay value for this game is like 30.0/10.0.

Once leaderboards start working, it will be interesting to see how many hours have people already put into the game...

I must be around 35-40hrs. The replay value of this game is fantastic, I don't know how I will cope with Resistance, Wowhawk & UT3 when it comes out. I actually can't wait for the holiday's, I'll have so much more time to play!

Greg

Firewire said:
I must be around 35-40hrs. The replay value of this game is fantastic, I don't know how I will cope with Resistance, Wowhawk & UT3 when it comes out. I actually can't wait for the holiday's, I'll have so much more time to play!
I have 3 hours played and I got it the minute it came out (haven't even played the past 3 days either). :lol

Fuck - I'm losing the gamer in me...

Raist said:

BUT

Whats the pass

nvm got it

h3ro

Killthee said:
Check the roster before posting double request...............

Thanks for adding me Killthee! One thing though, my PSN ID is different from my GAF ID. My PSN ID is m0nkeyhero. Sorry for the double post, should have checked the roster before asking you to add me.

icechai

Firewire said:

same here, although the decision shouldn't be too hard. Unless Incognito release more maps by the time UT3 is out, I think quite a few players will shift over to UT3 and the Keyboard/Mouse :p But looking down the line, consoles seem like they are the next breeding ground of FPS games, kind of depressing really (i'm talking about the FPS lineups for PS3 & Xbox360, you'd swear that's the only type of games people play now). At least Warhawk sets itself apart by being the frantic multi-vehicle 3rd person shooter (UT3 being the frantic multi-vehicle 1st person shooter).

Whoaness

Banned
KTallguy said:
Yea, that really sucks. :lol I think it happened to me.

If you hit the wing it does a fair bit of damage too, huh?

On the bridge of Eucadia, noob Warhawk flyers would be trying to gun me down at the end of the bridge. I just go nab that sniper and shoot him down. :D

Raist

Banned
ok guys, gotta bail out from warhawk.

I'll swith the serv to dedicated ranked, be quick to join :p

I'll keep an eye on it to kick non gaffers out

If no one's seen yet, Dylan Jobe's made a third post on the official Warhawk forums.

He stated that they have a team currently working on the stat issue, but he doesn't have anything to report at the time. He also posted that they're aware of the "Game is Full" bug that is plaguing a lot of servers.

He's not yet stated if our stats are actually being recorded and not posted to our accounts, or if they're not being recorded at all. Hopefully we'll get word on that soon. If we'll get all our stats up once the issue is fixed I'm fine with it, but if not I'll stick to non-ranked servers for now.

dralla

Jobe needs to get his ass on GAF.

btw, who are the new clan leaders? both east/west have changed? I looked on the roster but it still shows the 'old' leaders

Firewire

Banned
Greg said:
I have 3 hours played and I got it the minute it came out (haven't even played the past 3 days either). :lol

Fuck - I'm losing the gamer in me...

3hrs! Thats it? Dude send your wife out of town with the kiddies & get your game on!
Wowhawk deserves your full attention! :lol

Steroyd

That Dog match was good helped me get my flying wings back, I've got my eye on you Gastro you've tormented me in the air a few times now. *shifty eyes*

Firewire

Banned
icechai said:
same here, although the decision shouldn't be too hard. Unless Incognito release more maps by the time UT3 is out, I think quite a few players will shift over to UT3 and the Keyboard/Mouse :p But looking down the line, consoles seem like they are the next breeding ground of FPS games, kind of depressing really (i'm talking about the FPS lineups for PS3 & Xbox360, you'd swear that's the only type of games people play now). At least Warhawk sets itself apart by being the frantic multi-vehicle 3rd person shooter (UT3 being the frantic multi-vehicle 1st person shooter).

I'm hopping Incognito gives us more maps around the holidays. Damn I'd pay $10-20 for an extra few maps! Its gonna be hard when UT3 comes out, so much good online play awaits us, I can see allot of late nights between Resistance, Wowhawk & UT3.
In regards to FPS, most I couldn't really care about, well except for Killzone2 & MGS4, the rest for the most part are mediocre at best. At least I don't have to worry about Halo 3, as I don't have a 360 right now & won't purchase one till all of its issues have been sorted out.

Firewire

Banned
dralla said:
btw, who are the new clan leaders? both east/west have changed? I looked on the roster but it still shows the 'old' leaders

I'm currently leading GAFe till tonight when I hand over the reigns to LJ11. Kaching is leading up GAFe II.

As for the west I have no idea!

I think Jobe said in previous interviews that he's not a fan of the popular DLC model, and that if a consumer commits to the purchase of a game, he or she is entitled to additional content produced after its release.

While I agree, I find it hard that Sony would allow for absolutely no paid-DLC for Warhawk. Perhaps we'll get a couple individual maps for free, and later we'll get larger expansions with more vehicles, game modes and maps for $10-$20?

We at least know that additional maps are coming, from the server settings.

Firewire

Banned
Raist said:
Don't give them bad ideas :p

I hope the first few maps will be free :x

Holiday x-mass present from Incognito! I like the sounds of that, we should spread the word like wild fire so they get the message! :)

Raist

Banned
Pai Pai Master said:
I think Jobe said in previous interviews that he's not a fan of the popular DLC model, and that if a consumer commits to the purchase of a game, he or she is entitled to additional content produced after its release.

While I agree, I find it hard that Sony would allow for absolutely no paid-DLC for Warhawk. Perhaps we'll get a couple individual maps for free, and later we'll get larger expansions with more vehicles, game modes and maps for $10-$20?

I'm not completely against DLC (I immediatly bought the RFoM map pack :p), but it would be nice if they could give us some free content before charging. If they give us a few things and provide a good support (balancing, fixing issues etc) I will certainly buy content for this game.

Whoaness

Banned
What does GAFs stand for...... south? >_>;; I should mention I live in Canada though I do see a Canadian in the roster for GAFs.

dralla

with no single player content to fall back on the DLC has to be free. it would be rediculous to split the base of an online only game

Firewire

Banned
Whoaness said:
What does GAFs stand for...... south? >_>;; I should mention I live in Canada though I do see a Canadian in the roster for GAFs.

Yeah its stands for south. There is a GAFn (north) that has allot of Canucks in it. For the most part, most of us are in GAFe or GAFn.

GAFs, GAFn & GAFe II were started because of the heavy demand here for Wowhawk clan membership!

Whoaness

Banned
Firewire said:
Yeah its stands for south. There is a GAFn (north) that has allot of Canucks in it. For the most part, most of us are in GAFe or GAFn.

GAFs, GAFn & GAFe II were started because of the heavy demand here for Wowhawk clan membership!

Yeah I live in Vancouver, Canada. GAFn looks full though. Maybe there will be a GAFn2.

_RT_

I'm in the mood for a 2on2 or 4on4 match this evening.
I'll be home from work in about an hour and set up a GAF room. Will post up when I do.

Yes. I like the mayhem of 32... but I enjoy a smaller group a bit more.

Firewire

Banned
Whoaness said:
Yeah I live in Vancouver, Canada. GAFn looks full though. Maybe there will be a GAFn2.

You should join GAFw or if it has an overflow GAFw II. The reason it was set up this way was because of timezones, Ideally you want to play with your clan at appropriate times.

Firewire

Banned
_RT_ said:
I'm in the mood for a 2on2 or 4on4 match this evening.
I'll be home from work in about an hour and set up a GAF room. Will post up when I do.

Yes. I like the mayhem of 32... but I enjoy a smaller group a bit more.

66kx820.jpg

More bigger better picks of your avatar & I promise I won't shoot down your Wowhawk!
Deal? :lol

h3ro

Hey Firewire, Killthee added me to the GAFe list but my PSN ID is differnt from my GAF ID. Could you send me an invite? PSN ID is m0nkeyhero

Firewire

Banned
h3ro said:
Hey Firewire, Killthee added me to the GAFe list but my PSN ID is differnt from my GAF ID. Could you send me an invite? PSN ID is m0nkeyhero

I'm unable to send out invites because GAFe is currently capped out in the game. Thats why GAFe II was started. Hopefully we will be able to merge when Incognito fixes the clan support in-game. (The game is supposed to allow 64 player clans)

You really have to deal with Killthee, he started the list & maintains it, its his baby! He goes through these pages quite regularly and has done an excellent job of organizing the list for the various clans. Give him time & he'll get you sorted out.

Top Bottom