• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

Raist

Banned
Steroyd said:
No I meant the clan.

Oh, lolz.

I think it's full, IIRC Xater said he couldn't send invites anymore

Reposting for new page :

I've got a ranked server running : GAFu (gmt+1)

6 maps rotation, with a dogfight, 2 CTF, 2 Zones, and another dogfight but in DM.

Tell me if you wanna play on it, it's full atm but I can kick some random dudes :D

don't forget to post your PSNID if you don't have a GAF clan tag, or I'll kick you :p

Firewire

Banned
_RT_ said:
I won't post the actual picture for fear of GAF wrath, but here is a link to it.
http://www.vanityfair.com/magazine/2006/12/yearinphotos_portfolio200612?slide=6
Ms. Natalie Portman. :D

Cheers

66kx820.jpg

Wow, thats Natalie Portman! I thought for a second it was Jolene Blalock!

Whoaness

Banned
Has anyone here played Warhawk with FragFX? I tried... but I don't have that firmware fix that makes the FragFX buttons work better. -_-

kay

1331541767_ee25b8c3aa_o.jpg

Anybody get this yet? Mainly asking Yixian I guess. Here's the pin.
1332036724_aba9474f24_o.jpg

And here is the cover inside the case.
1331151227_c2acbe6f30_o.jpg

indie85

Banned
Motherf**ker! A badge for being a lucky git!!

Btw, I found a review that gave Warhawk 10/10! Id be more inclinded for a 9 myself but I agree with pretty much all they say about it.
Warhawk is set to become the multiplayer game of this generation and has set a very high standard for future titles such as Halo3 and COD4 which may find themselves lacking in the diversity and sheer enjoyment that can be had with Warhawk.
http://www.sonydefenseforce.com/?p=115

kay

I just received the cover and pin, just asking Yixian if he was just getting his.

err. I just looked at the shipping date, August 17th.. that took a long time.

Firewire

Banned
Whoaness said:
He's the pride of NeoGAF for beta testing Warhawk.

Hold up there, Click is the pride of NeoGaf when it comes to Wowhawk! He finished in first place among all beta testers & most important he's a member of GAFe!
See the biggest Wowhawk it has Clicks name on the wing, a tribute from Incognito!

1187263576_b7aead16fe_o.jpg

spwolf

Firewire said:
Hold up there, Click is the pride of NeoGaf when it comes to Wowhawk! He finished in first place among all beta testers & most important he's a member of GAFe!
See the biggest Wowhawk it has Clicks name on the wing, a tribute from Incognito!

1187263576_b7aead16fe_o.jpg

and Click is like 4th now too... btw is he perma or what?

Firewire

Banned
spwolf said:
and Click is like 4th now too... btw is he perma or what?

I think! He sent me an e-mail a while back. He got banned in a Wii thread, by a certain mod that luvs everything Nintendo!

From Click:

"It was actually waaaaaay before Wii Fit ever got announced. I was perma-banned over 5 months ago because some Nintendo-biased mod (I think it was .......) couldn't handle me talking ill about their precious Wii. ; ;"

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Escalation said:
I got mine in the mail a short while ago. Thats why I just had to get the disc version..

5430zt1.jpg

Obviously an used copy. Someone even wrote something on the cover totally ruining it lolz

Fuck you :p

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
dralla said:
Jobe needs to get his ass on GAF.

btw, who are the new clan leaders? both east/west have changed? I looked on the roster but it still shows the 'old' leaders

I'm leading GAFw temp ATM (You'll pay for this Safe Bet....... : P) and I believe Firewire and Kaching are leading GAFe ATM. We need permanent leaders for the GAFw, GAFe, and GAFu (Xater wont be able to once he goes back to school).

h3ro said:
Hey Firewire, Killthee added me to the GAFe list but my PSN ID is differnt from my GAF ID. Could you send me an invite? PSN ID is m0nkeyhero

I fixed your your PSN ID; thanks to the retarded clan invite bug, Kaching will be sending your invite.

Whoaness said:
Yixian so lucky... =(

Not really, Yixian is in Euro land and the beta was for U.S. residents. Since he gave them a fake address (iirc), he wont be receiving squat : (

Whoaness said:
He's the pride of NeoGAF for beta testing Warhawk.

BLASPHEMY!!!!! Click was the #1 player in the beta.

kay

Escalation said:
I got mine in the mail a short while ago. Thats why I just had to get the disc version..

5430zt1.jpg
I see a couple differences, TM has more on mine and the bottom right person has signed more on yours. :eek: 3/100 for mine.

kay

Killthee said:
Not really, Yixian is in Euro land and the beta was for U.S. residents. Since he gave them a fake address, he wont be receiving squat (iirc) : (
I didn't give them anything (I can't remember) but I think they checked my PSN account. I was surprised I got it.

edit: Unless someone remembers if the sign up had an address field.

Whoaness

Banned
Firewire said:
I think! He sent me an e-mail a while back. He got banned in a Wii thread, by a certain mod that luvs everything Nintendo!

From Click:

"It was actually waaaaaay before Wii Fit ever got announced. I was perma-banned over 5 months ago because some Nintendo-biased mod (I think it was .......) couldn't handle me talking ill about their precious Wii. ; ;"

Darn! Well I remember seeing the Warhawk top 100 tester thread and Yixian was the only one being talked about.

Firewire

Banned
Killthee said:
I'm leading GAFw temp ATM (You'll pay for this Safe Bet....... : P) and I believe Firewire and Kaching are leading GAFe ATM. We need permanent leaders for the GAFw, GAFe, and GAFu (Xater wont be able to once he goes back to school).

Well Killthee I'm handing off the leadership of GAFe to LJ11 tonight, but if GAFe still needs a leader, I will take up the cause & raise the oppositions flag high in the air and declare "victory is ours"

Firewire

Banned
h3ro said:
GAFe is stacked with awesome players... those guys are gonna carry me to a lot of wins!

We'll be the wind beneath your wings! Or something like that!

GAFw doesn't look to shappy either!

Questions: Why does this game automatically play in 720p, when my XMB is in 1080i.
The box says the game supports 1080i.

Also, the game is full of network problems and crashes. Since I downloaded the latest Firmware, I haven't been able to play a game.

Killthee

criesofthepast said:
just received the game from the bestbuy.ca preorder today. what a rediculous wait.

awaiting my GAFn invite. please.

psn id = xcaseyjonesx

Varshes has reached the invite bug, he wont be able to send out any more invites until the bug is patched by Incog. You can either wait it out or do me and the members of GAFn without an invite a huge favor by starting another GAFn clan with a "GAFn" tag. Then go down the roster list and invite the GAFn members who don't have an invite date. When Incog. patches the bug, disband the clan and await an invite to the clan by Varshes.

kay said:
I didn't give them anything (I can't remember) but I think they checked my PSN account. I was surprised I got it.

edit: Unless someone remembers if the sign up had an address field.

His PSN ID was created using a fake U.S. address.

The Bookerman said:
Questions: Why does this game automatically play in 720p, when my XMB is in 1080i.

Also, the game is full of network problems and crashes. Since I downloaded the latest Firmware, I haven't been able to play a game.

Native resolution is 720p; 1080i is displayed by taking the 720p image and scaling it up to 1080i. If you still want 1080i, uncheck the 720p box in the XMB.

As for the network errors, they have nothing to do with the FW. It's Incogs. crappy netcode, they're working as fast as they can to solve it.

Firewire

Banned
The Bookerman said:

They are currently fixing the problems with ongoing maintenance. If your getting time-out errors restart your PS3, then you should be ok. Consider this period your practice time, till Incognito fixes it all up!

Mmmkay

The Bookerman said:
Whoa, thanks for pointing that out... you have to uncheck 720p from display settings when the game is just upscaling. It runs in 1080p too if you do that btw (and yes, upscaled as well).

warhawk1080.jpg

[edit]P.s. This game actually scales properly from 720p unlike NGS.

Whoaness

Banned
Killthee said:
Varshes has reached the invite bug, he wont be able to send out any more invites until the bug is patched by Incog. You can either wait it out or do me and the members of GAFn without an invite a huge favor by starting another GAFn clan with a "GAFn" tag.

How about GAFc for Canada? >_>;;

_RT_

What..... the ...... FUCK.
I get home from a long day ready to play a few games.

Network Timeout Error.

FIX THIS SOON.

Flo_Evans

lol what is the clan limit? why do we have so many... I am in GAFs (south?) but it kinda looks like GAMEFAQS!

we need to sort this out!

Raist

Banned
Flo_Evans said:
lol what is the clan limit? why do we have so many... I am in GAFs (south?) but it kinda looks like GAMEFAQS!

Should be 64, but capped to 30 atm.

We don't know why, and Jobes didn't mention it in his posts... hope they'll fiw it quickly :/

Firewire

Banned
_RT_ said:
What..... the ...... FUCK.
I get home from a long day ready to play a few games.

Network Timeout Error.

FIX THIS SOON.

Re-start your PS3, if that fails wait a while. We suspect on going work by Incognito maybe the cause for some of the disruptions.

(I feel like a public service announcer, or something! :lol )

Mmmkay

Played a couple of rounds today, suddenly felt like I was 3 months behind everybody else. I'm getting those tingly feelings I got when I decided to stop playing Resistance. I hope it was just a bad day or something, but I just couldn't get my groove on. :(

Killthee

Flo_Evans said:

64 is the official limit, but the real limit is 30 ATM (theres a bug in the game that won't allow you to send more than 30 invites; how the f did they miss this when they upped the limit?). As for the GameFAQ's thing, :lol I didn't even think about that one (it stands for south BTW and it has no relation to the members location). As for getting this shit sorted out, I absolutely agree and would love to do this, but I can't. We need people who will lead and organize the clans for the foreseeable future (there's only so much I can do by myself), we need more people added to the GAF server list, but mostly we need Incog. to patch this shit up (that means no more invite bugs, lost stat tracking, network errors, timeout errors, and game full errors).

Top Bottom