• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

Firewire

Banned
Guys just got an email from GAFe's & Wowhawk's beta champ Click, he says hi to everyone, and also mentions, that we are rudely ignoring CSSer's achievement of coming in second place in the beta!

So CSSer I hope your on GAFe! Good job on the beta! (even though someone mentioned your a point whore! just joking!) Click says Hi & he'll see you online!

Ashhong

Firewire said:
Guys just got an email from GAFe's & Wowhawk's beta champ Click, he says hi to everyone, and also mentions, that we are rudely ignoring CSSer's achievement of coming in second place in the beta!

So CSSer I hope your on GAFe! Good job on the beta! (even though someone mentioned your a point whore! just joking!) Click says Hi & he'll see you online!

Should ask him why his server closed :( I was having fun.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
kay said:
I only had the error when the firmware update was released and that was when the whole Warhawk network was down. I can log in no problem right now. It can't be just Incognito's end.

I first got the network error an hour before the fw was released, 10 minutes after updating my system I was able to login and host a server for the night (the network wasn't down : P, but it did seem like a lot of people got kicked/weren't able to log in). About an hour ago I was playing in Click's server, 10 minutes ago I tried to log back in to host a server and was greeted with the network error again....This whole situation of blaming fw for Warhawk's issues brings back crappy memories from the beta, to be more specific it reminds me of the people who blamed the firmware that enabled the DLNA client for the beta's freezing (Incog. also ran with the idea for a couple of weeks...). It wasn't the firmware back then that caused the issue (it was Incogs. netcode BTW) and it doesn't sound to me like its the firmware's fault this time either....

kay

Killthee said:
I first got the network error an hour before the fw was released, 10 minutes after updating my system I was able to login and host a server for the night (the network wasn't down : P, but it did seem like a lot of people got kicked/weren't able to log in). About an hour ago I was playing in Click's server, 10 minutes ago I tried to log back in to host a server and was greeted with the network error again....This whole situation of blaming fw for Warhawk's issues brings back crappy memories from the beta, to be more specific it reminds me of the people who blamed the firmware that enabled the DLNA client for the beta's freezing (Incog. also ran with the idea for a couple of weeks...). It wasn't the firmware back then that caused the issue (it was Incogs. netcode BTW) and it doesn't sound to me like its the firmware's fault this time either....
The servers seemed to be actually down because as I got on there were relatively few games up.

What a coincidence, I can't log on now.. must be some curse from saying "no problems here"

edit: I just refreshed the drive contents and it worked (ejected and reinserted the disc). Problem solved?

lunlunqq

For those of you who are having Network Timeout errors, quiting the game and running the Network Connection Test fix the problem for me. Maybe you want to try it.

Killthee

kay said:
The servers seemed to be actually down because as I got on there were relatively few games up.

What a coincidence, I can't log on now.. must be some curse from saying "no problems here"

: P It's a problem on Incogs. end : P

kay said:
edit: I just refreshed the drive contents and it worked (ejected and reinserted the disc). Problem solved?

I doubt that ejecting and reinserting your disc fixed it. You were probably able to login because you got lucky and were able to connect to the server before it timed out (the login servers are probably getting slammed and can't handle all the people trying to login at the same time). As for the problem being solved, I doubt it. You'll keep getting the timeout errors during peak hours until they fix the login servers.

lunlunqq said:
For those of you who are having Network Timeout errors, quiting the game and running the Network Connection Test fix the problem for me. Maybe you want to try it.

Tried that before and it didn't worked. You getting in after a connection test was probably a coincidence (see above).

kay

Killthee said:
I doubt that ejecting and reinserting your disc fixed it. You were probably able to login because you got lucky and were able to connect to the server before it timed out (the login servers are probably getting slammed and can't handle all the people trying to login at the same time). As for the problem being solved, I doubt it. You'll keep getting the timeout errors during peak hours until they fix the login servers.
But surely you will be able to log in after a while when the error appears if that was the case? So far, I don't think anyone has reported that they had to keep trying and suddenly it worked without doing anything. Next time when I get the error I will leave it for a while and see if I can log in after an extended period of time.

Whoaness

Banned
CSSer said:
I can't lie; I'm a CTF point whore :)

You tk the flag holder when he's waiting for recap? 8P

Man, I just hate the douches who tk me just because I picked up the sniper rifle or some crap. So how does admin work? I'm wondering how banning and all that pan out for the admins.

KGKK

Banned
Time for some Wowhawk! Hope Click's server is up, need me some 32 player action baby!

Edit: Dammit, network timeouts again. And my headset needs to be charged. Oh well:(

Killthee

kay said:
But surely you will be able to log in after a while when the error appears if that was the case? So far, I don't think anyone has reported that they had to keep trying and suddenly it worked without doing anything. Next time when I get the error I will leave it for a while and see if I can log in after an extended period of time.

It is the case and it has worked for me.

Ashhong

kind of off topic, but i borrowed LAIR from my work at gamestop, and WOW the motion controls blow. It aint got shit on warhawk lol (even though i dont use motion in WH either)

Baker

Banned
Ashhong said:
kind of off topic, but i borrowed LAIR from my work at gamestop, and WOW the motion controls blow. It aint got shit on warhawk lol (even though i dont use motion in WH either)

That's fine. You can just sell it as new tomorrow...

Good games whoever was in the GAF CST server. I was on the blue team and wow did we get our asses handed to us.

Edit: By the way, I still can't get my headset to work. I can hear through it, but I'm 99.99% sure no one can hear me. Yes I'm pushing L3. Any advice would be nice.

Killthee

BlackGoku03 said:
I know. :(

Is that Click's server? GAF east?

Yes it is.

Heads up, I'll probably set up my server [GAF_PST(#1)-CTF/ZNS] in about an hour to an hour and a half. (If I can login....)

Whoaness

Banned
Ashhong said:

Well uh... I guess you can't really compare it if you don't use motion sensing for Warhawk... but then it's a totally different approach. Warhawk is like... doing a barrel roll and 180s instantly. I haven't played Lair, but I'm sure dragons can't just be as versatile as a warhawk. Probably need to do some slow tilting and try the tutorial for a bit.

Ashhong

Baker said:
That's fine. You can just sell it as new tomorrow...

Good games whoever was in the GAF CST server. I was on the blue team and wow did we get our asses handed to us.

Edit: By the way, I still can't get my headset to work. I can hear through it, but I'm 99.99% sure no one can hear me. Yes I'm pushing L3. Any advice would be nice.

Yes...yes I can :) At least I don't scratch it :D. Probably gonna check out New Super Mario bros.

Check your network settings, do you have NAT 3? Sony says it may disrupt chatting. Also check the headset settings. It may not have the input settings set to your headset.

Edit: whoaness, i meant i dont use motion in WH normally. I use it from time to time. And yea of course its different, but i meant the responsiveness and everything about it. and you dont do instant 180s and barrel rolls with motion...i think.

methane47

guys if you saw me online in the gaf east server playing like crap tonite.. that wasn't me.. I was demoing Warhawk and the PS3 for my Xbox360 friend (he said his 360 is getting the 3rod off and on and is pissed :D) ... Needless to say.. even though he got torn up in the game.. He was impressed and thinks the game is very hott...

Warhawk - converting them one by one..

Whoaness

Banned
methane47 said:
guys if you saw me online in the gaf east server playing like crap tonite.. that wasn't me.. I was demoing Warhawk and the PS3 for my Xbox360 friend (he said his 360 is getting the 3rod off and on and is pissed :D) ... Needless to say.. even though he got torn up in the game.. He was impressed and thinks the game is very hott...

It's just the first game too. I actually converted 4 friends when I showed them the GT5 Playstation Premiere trailer.

They were like "**** me I need a PS3"

KGKK

Banned
methane47 said:

Yeah baby, that's how you do it. Good game on the CST server tonight. Wow Escalation kicks ass!!:D At least I got to kill him a couple of times:lol

Whoaness

Banned
dralla said:
oh methane, thee ol' "it wasn't me" excuse :lol

~TKs a bunch of gafers.~

It wasn't me! It was my invisible friend. He said he'd take my virginity if I didn't do it. I love my virginity. ;_;

Whoaness

Banned
j-wood said:
I know I'm new here, but could I get into the Gaf clan?

PSN, Region, Timzone. They will put you in a list and you'll get invited I assume. I'm not invited since I never saw any GAFs people... even if I live in the North. ;_;

Firewire

Banned
CSSer said:
I can't lie; I'm a CTF point whore :)

gaf_avatar3-1.jpg

Theres nothing wrong with it! Good strategy! :lol

Ashhong

Killthee said:
Servers up....

its full...can you kick a non-gaf for me?

also, i was having trouble logging in, and did a hard reboot (turned off main switch) and turned it back on. works now lol could be coincidence, who knows.

edit: nvm, im in.

Top Bottom