• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

Yep, some of the terrain is great for motorbikes (or equivalent). I would also like a land based vehicle that could carry more people. Loving the game though. I know people are saying the stats are SLOW to update, but mine have never updated...it looks like I haven't even played the game. Someone please tell me that they will update one day :(

Miguel

I love playing Zones on random ranked servers. I instantly get top 3 since everyone just thinks it's a new name for team deathmatch :lol

methane47

Motorbikes would be horrible ESPECIALLY for CTF matches..

4x4s are already such a huge cheat.. and you want to give people an even faster vehicle to carry the flag in??

The only fair way to introduce a motobike is to not enable flag carrying while on the bike..

S. L.

i don't see the need for a motorbike either
the 4x4 and the hawks are plenty fast
more unit types would just clutter the spwanpoints

Miguel

1. Run to zone
2. Stay at zone long enough to capture it.
3. Defend zone, or move on and try to capture another zone.

CapoAheaz

those were some sweet games killthee. good map picking.

i tried using a wired connection with my ps3's ip in a DMZ plus setting up a static ip in both ps3 and router settings, and no freezes yet. (i was only playing in killthee's server though)
im going to play more today, hopefully it fixed my freezing problem.

Smidget

I'm still having problems this morning, start my PS3 from a fresh turn on, then go into Warhawk, try to join a SCEA server, says game is full. Go to try a different server and when populating list I get disconnection with 80028c07 error and then I can't get on Warhawk at all or PSN until I reboot my entire system... anyone have any ideas?

SaitoH

Lovin' Warhawk. Playing random servers for the most part, but If you happen to see SaitoHalifax on a GAF server don't kick me. =P

h3ro

Looks like we can individually refresh servers now on the list. Its a good feature to have if a gave only has a few spots open and so far, I've been able to get in every time I've refreshed it and its said 31/32, etc.

Oh and Zones.. it rocks! I had no clue it was this much fun!

Any word on when the clan situation is going to be solved?

methane47

h3ro said:
Looks like we can individually refresh servers now on the list. Its a good feature to have if a gave only has a few spots open and so far, I've been able to get in every time I've refreshed it and its said 31/32, etc.

That was there before the update.

icechai

how the heck do you get enough 4x4 kills to get the next ranking? Can't even imagine the 3rd tier award for 4x4 kills IAR... :p

h3ro

methane47 said:
That was there before the update.

I tried before, it wouldn't work for me. Oh well, good to know its there.

Guys, I'm going to be watching football all day, but if you guys need a dedicated server, let me know, I'll host a game as a GAF server with a password. I'll put it up once if I get some replies for one, make it and post the details.

Ceb

icechai said:
how the heck do you get enough 4x4 kills to get the next ranking? Can't even imagine the 3rd tier award for 4x4 kills IAR... :p

I wonder if jeep turret kills count.

Btw, to get the "Supreme Sacrifice" medal, it says you have to have a death streak of 5 in a round. I did that, but no payoff. What gives?

Smokey

It's now been 13 minutes since I fired up Warhawk-- and have yet to play one game. This is pissing me off. I'm trying to play on a ranked server so ya know, I can get a clan invite from GAF(which I've been trying to do for the past few days), but it's a fucking waste of time b/c every single game is full yet the fucking game tells me there's spots open even when I refresh the stupid server. Tried to play just ONE game before noon and the NFL games but fucking no..this game wants to be difficult.

_RT_

While I can appreciate the desire to play in a ranked game... why does it matter?
Stats are still broken and you will lose them all eventually.

Firing up the game now.

Smokey

_RT_ said:
While I can appreciate the desire to play in a ranked game... why does it matter?
Stats are still broken and you will lose them all eventually.

Firing up the game now.

I don't care. I have to play at least one ranked game so that I'm "in the system" and can get a clan invite from GAF.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Smokey Bones said:
It's now been 13 minutes since I fired up Warhawk-- and have yet to play one game. This is pissing me off. I'm trying to play on a ranked server so ya know, I can get a clan invite from GAF(which I've been trying to do for the past few days), but it's a fucking waste of time b/c every single game is full yet the fucking game tells me there's spots open even when I refresh the stupid server. Tried to play just ONE game before noon and the NFL games but fucking no..this game wants to be difficult.
I feel your pain, its really hit or miss, twice i have joined an SCEA ranked server on the first try, other times it takes me over 10 minutes to get into one.

Also stats seem to be kind of working, i jumped two ranks from yesterday.... after i turned off my ps3 last night and turning it on this morning.

Smokey

_RT_ said:
I'll make a small 4 person ranked gaf room.
Capture the Flag. Watch for it in a couple minutes.

Appreciate it, but I finally got in after that post I made. Yeah my stats didn't stick, but now "I'm in the system" so killthee or whoever's in charge of the clan could you try and resend the clan invite?

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to watch the Texans whoop tha chiefs ass.

No_Style

Smokey Bones said:

I feel your pain. :( I find the server browser to be very inaccurate in both ping and slot availability.

Zones is awesome, though. Gave me that BF2 feel. I enjoyed that mode the most and surprisingly it usually has the most open slots.

In other news, I am selling my copy of Warhawk. PM for details if interested. Trade thread is down :(

Okay, I've noticed something about the servers. Ranked servers anyway.

Everytime single time I was able to get into an SCEA ranked server, the match was just starting. Scores would be in the 0-5 range. This means that the error message of "Game is full" is incorrect, and it should be saying "Game has already started".

So, when you want to join a server, look at the info box next to it. You should locate the number that says Time Remaining and see if it matches the time of the match. They are right on top of eachother so it should be easy to spot two identical numbers. If they match and it happens to be the type of game you like, join FAST because 1) This is the only time people can (supposedly, what I think) join the game and 2) Even though it says 20/20 minutes remaining, you have to join within the first half of the minute to not get rejected. At least this was what I have experienced. Hope this helps you join your games. :D

I guess they did this to prevent people from joining mid or late game where they don't get a full chance at a good score. Though I don't really care, I just want to be able to play within 3 minutes of starting up the game. =/

User 406

Banned
Sorry, but your theory is incorrect. I've joined in SCEA ranked servers with a few minutes left in the game.

Edit: If I had to hazard a guess as to why you've gotten in more often near the beginning of the game, it's probably because that's when people are most likely to quit, which frees up slots.

Sea Manky said:
Sorry, but your theory is incorrect. I've joined in SCEA ranked servers with a few minutes left in the game.

Edit: If I had to hazard a guess as to why you've gotten in more often near the beginning of the game, it's probably because that's when people are most likely to quit, which frees up slots.

I couldn't even join servers that said 15/32 after like 3 refreshes. I even jumped to 17/32. =/

spwolf

i noticed this issue poping out only when there are a lot of players on... during the day in europe, i have no issues whatsoever...

so it is probably something to do with main server getting overloaded...

nevertheless, fixes they implemented did help a lot, and i am not having those issues a lot anymore at all...

and lastly, stats DO WORK... they are simply not instant.

Xater

Xater said:
Ok GAFu memmbers. From now on I will have less time to do stuff for the clan (maybe you already noticed) so I need someone who already is an invited Member to take over for me. I was a temp leader from the beginning so who is stepping up?

Guys I am serious with this. If no one steps up I will have to disband the clan...

Steroyd

narcosis219 said:
I couldn't even join servers that said 15/32 after like 3 refreshes. I even jumped to 17/32. =/

Have you tried joining level 1 servers I seem to have no problems getting into them and occasionally level 2, can never get in level 3/4 servers. :/

Steroyd

narcosis219 said:
What do the levels define?

Think of it as DIY matchmaking, low ranks go in the lower levels higher ranks go in the higher levels, at least I've had more joy getting into Level 1/2 servers than 3/4 that's for sure might be coincidence though.

Xater said:
Guys I am serious with this. If no one steps up I will have to disband the clan...

Meh seeing how i'll always be online, I guess i can be clan leader although I can't garuantee that i'll be Clan leader forever.

You do just invite people like a friends list right? I can do that, shouldn't be so hard, no pressure.

joesmokey

Smidget said:
I'm still having problems this morning, start my PS3 from a fresh turn on, then go into Warhawk, try to join a SCEA server, says game is full. Go to try a different server and when populating list I get disconnection with 80028c07 error and then I can't get on Warhawk at all or PSN until I reboot my entire system... anyone have any ideas?
Same shit happens to me, just installed it today.

I never had these problems in beta. Is it just a problem with the servers today, or does this always happen now?

I always get disconnected when trying to populate the server list.

carlos

there are still stat problems, no doubt about it, I played very well in a sony dogfights server for about three hours; later in the day, I played horribly in a gaf ranked server; the only stats it recorded were the ones from the gaf server :(
that, and after I put 4 servers on my favorite list (2 sony and 2 gaf), Today there's only one on the list

Steroyd

Must be you because I have all my favourites none of them has buggered off and the stats update instantly then again there's rarely anymore than 500 servers when I play.

Smidget

joesmokey said:
Same shit happens to me, just installed it today.

I never had these problems in beta. Is it just a problem with the servers today, or does this always happen now?

I always get disconnected when trying to populate the server list.

I think the Google searches I did on this of people posting the same problem said it started with FW 1.92. I've only had Warhawk since that FW update, so I don't know anything else. Sometimes I get lucky and can play a couple of matches until I get that disconnect error code.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'm still waiting for this game... I'm in GAFu but I'm waiting for the retail version...

When is this going to be released in Europe stores, now again?

rc213

Do any of you guys do a reset of your PS3 to Default options after every firmware upgrade?

I started doing it when I was having issues with the Wi-Fi and downloading from the PSN Store. I guess the habit just stuck.

Raist

Banned
Seiken said:
I'm still waiting for this game... I'm in GAFu but I'm waiting for the retail version...

When is this going to be released in Europe stores, now again?

21-22 sept., can't remember exactly

User 406

Banned
Just joined a dogfight deathmatch about five minutes in, racked up 57 kills. I think my dogfighting has improved a bit. I need to start using chaff. :p

Firewire

Banned
JB1981 said:
what a disaster this game sounds like

Disaster?

The game is awesome! I bought the game to play it, not be bothered with stats. Stats are a completley secondary thing, and will be resolved shortly.

Gameplay is what matters, and in those terms Wowhawk is a 10/10!

Top Bottom