• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

Steroyd

mackaveli said:
yah ranks weird, im at a rank that needs 2500 pts and i only have 1000 ahha, so hopefully i dont get demoted.

how the hell do you get medals? i dont even understand hte requirements, whats global and IAF (i think its called) requirements mean?

IAR is In A Round you need to do that stuff in a round, I have no idea if you have to do it after you meet the global requirements though would probably explain why people would get promoted without getting enough points.

dralla

am I the only one still having a lot of trouble? I get the "Game Is Full" error quite a bit and my stats still aren't being tracked.

Varshes

Can anyone fill me in if anything has changed about the clans? I still can't invite any new people, and I can't even pull up a list of current clan members...

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Steroyd said:
IAR is In A Round you need to do that stuff in a round, I have no idea if you have to do it after you meet the global requirements though would probably explain why people would get promoted without getting enough points.

I think you just have to have the required badge/ribbon (+ points) to get promoted for a given rank. No matter when you got that award. I think this is just a way to force people to put some real effort into ranking up rather than just accumulating points.

garrickk

Varshes said:
Can anyone fill me in if anything has changed about the clans? I still can't invite any new people, and I can't even pull up a list of current clan members...
Sucks. They added no functionality to the front end since the beta, didn't fix most of the bugs I (and others) reported, and they have few remaining employees. How much faith do we have that many of these issues will ever be resolved?

What a shame. The base is so great.

Defuser

I just found that that if you plant mines on the ground and wait for them in a warhawk you can get a air to ground badge/ribbon.

Glad to see the stats updating even if it does take forever. Now if they would just fix the problem with the server browser never displaying the correct information.

Steroyd

TTP said:
I think you just have to have the required badge/ribbon (+ points) to get promoted for a given rank. No matter when you got that award. I think this is just a way to force people to put some real effort into ranking up rather than just accumulating points.

It's a bit mean though 4×4 ×4 kills I can't even get 1 :(

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Steroyd said:

Check my stats :p

The though one is staying 20 mintues into a Warhawk. Tried to hide myself in hovering mode during a half dozen Zones, and while I actually managed to stay alive till the end, every match ended too soon (10 to 15 minutes) since the Score Limit is just 5000.

CSSer

Steroyd said:

:lol The best thing to do is get a friend to sacrifice himself 5 times, and have them quit before the game is over. I can help too if you happen to be on the same time I am. My PSN is PlayerBeyond.

User 406

Banned
For an easy 4x4 Bandit badge, (and Oustanding Transport/Vehicle Assault ribbons) just find a deathmatch game with the small Eucadian map, a time limit >20 minutes, and 12-16 players or so, and just start playing Carmageddon. I got 25 road kills in one round. Yes, people can dodge you pretty easily, but when everyone is focusing on the guy they're shooting at, you can nail a lot of them. Just keep speeding around the roads.

IzumiK

Banned
CSSer said:
:lol The best thing to do is get a friend to sacrifice himself 5 times, and have them quit before the game is over. I can help too if you happen to be on the same time I am. My PSN is PlayerBeyond.

Would anyone like to do this for me ne~?

>_< I can't keep my head from the binoculars desu~ I get 10 binocular kills on the Eucadian map desu~

Steroyd

CSSer said:

I prefer to do things more legitamately, I might camp a Jeep next to the flag or something.

Although that does kill 2 birds with one stone there is a die 5 times in a row Medal which I ain't planning to get any time soon, TTP has that though.

kay

I haven't been playing much the last couple days because I am stuck finally playing Shadow Hearts Covenant but it seems like the problems have only slightly eased. Oh well, need to get through some games anyway.

deepbrown

Been having a lot of trouble getting into ranked matches. :/

Now a Wingman...which is fun, and I have a killer warhawk now, but I haven't earnt it :/

Would it be wrong for me to say I prefer the on foot combat better than resistance? :/ It's soo fun :p and I was pwning last night. Deep whipped everyones ass in Team Deathmatch with 40 of the 100 team points in a 32player game. Mwah haha. I was average at Resistance :D

spwolf

fyi, all SCEE/SCEA servers went down and back up again, and i dont have any issues joining any of them... so hopefully....

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
spwolf said:
fyi, all SCEE/SCEA servers went down and back up again, and i dont have any issues joining any of them... so hopefully....

WOWO works perfectly now. Fast and reliable!

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
Steroyd said:
I'm the new Gafu leader, so if anyone wants to join it, and are not on the spreadsheet annoy me not Xater anymore.

On the spreadsheet but not had an invite yet, can you send me one or is it still bugged?

(PSN: Vehnt)

Baker

Banned
Is anyone else getting the Gears online achievement vibe from the way promotions are set up?

I don't want to fly around in a warhawk for four minutes straight. If I don't though, I'll never make it to the fourth class.

So what's the deal? Do I just have to not care about helping the team much for one match and fly circles around the map?

PuMa

Baker said:
Is anyone else getting the Gears online achievement vibe from the way promotions are set up?

I don't want to fly around in a warhawk for four minutes straight. If I don't though, I'll never make it to the fourth class.

So what's the deal? Do I just have to not care about helping the team much for one match and fly circles around the map?

Try getting this award in a CTF or zones match. In these matches the focus usually wont be on hunting down Warhawks (you need a map with a lot of ground area though). You can still fly tactically as well. You dont have to just hover and hide. Make sure you always have full chaffe, stay away from enemy turrets, and you should be all set.

Baker

Banned
PuMa said:
Try getting this award in a CTF or zones match. In these matches the focus usually wont be on hunting down Warhawks (you need a map with a lot of ground area though). You can still fly tactically as well. You dont have to just hover and hide. Make sure you always have full chaffe, stay away from enemy turrets, and you should be all set.

Thanks. Yeah, I know it's "easily" possible. The point I was trying to make (comparing to Gears online) is that it fundamentally changes the way I play just so I can get an arbitrary, but wanted, unlockable.

PuMa

Baker said:
Thanks. Yeah, I know it's "easily" possible. The point I was trying to make (comparing to Gears online) is that it fundamentally changes the way I play just so I can get an arbitrary, but wanted, unlockable.

I think youre in the same boat I was in during the beta. My first attempts at this award were VERY frustrating because it altered my own play style drstically. I didnt really adjust to the Warhawk controls right away and often preferred the ground combat. However, getting this award almost forces you to practice your flight skills. That being said, I now love the Warhawk and just last night got the Warhawk Recruiting award in three straight matches without even trying for it.

Oh yeah, I also recommend the TOW missile for getting those troop and vehicle kill requirements for that award. ;-)

Steroyd

Vennt said:
On the spreadsheet but not had an invite yet, can you send me one or is it still bugged?

(PSN: Vehnt)

I tried the invites, only managed 2 new ones, was working down the list so I didn't get to your name.

I think it makes you play more like a all rounder, than anything especially if you're a stat whore, it beats getting awards just for getting kills where you could place mines all day and wait for the opposition to just run into them.

Although there are some dire awards that should be banned like killing two people with a knife award, it's hard enough trying to knife someone once.

The Warhawk thing is easy on paper all you have to do is have a competant defence in CTF and just fly around the flag in a warhawk shooting down other Warhawks, with the missile turrets on the ground bailing you out at least that's what I plan to do.

Baker

Banned
PuMa said:
I think youre in the same boat I was in during the beta. My first attempts at this award were VERY frustrating because it altered my own play style drstically. I didnt really adjust to the Warhawk controls right away and often preferred the ground combat. However, getting this award almost forces you to practice your flight skills. That being said, I now love the Warhawk and just last night got the Warhawk Recruiting award in three straight matches without even trying for it.

Oh yeah, I also recommend the TOW missile for getting those troop and vehicle kill requirements for that award. ;-)

Oh, I love flying around in warhawks. I just feel like a douche staying in one for four minutes when I could be claiming zones or something more "team friendly."

I've had plenty of matches where I've killed ground troops and vehicles with the warhawk, it's really just the four minute thing that bugs me.

And shit, didn't someone just say there was another medal for 20 minutes!?!

Edit: I guess I could just play some straight DM games then I wouldn't have the whole team stigma attached.

PuMa

Firewire said:
I'm starting to hate "Your rank is to high to play in this match" messages!

It smells of discrimination against my Wowhawk! :D

Go to the Filter option and select "My Rank" to get rid of those pesky messages.
;-)

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
calder said:
Last night, all my stats and ribbons were recording properly. Hope it's a sign.

Not for me. I scored several ribbons and none of it showed up. And yes, I was on a ranked Sony server.

And what is up with the servers that show empty slots and still come back as full? It took me at least 15 attempts to join a server. I even sorted on availiabilty of slots and it STILL came back full.

PuMa

Baker said:
Oh, I love flying around in warhawks. I just feel like a douche staying in one for four minutes when I could be claiming zones or something more "team friendly."

I've had plenty of matches where I've killed ground troops and vehicles with the warhawk, it's really just the four minute thing that bugs me.

And shit, didn't someone just say there was another medal for 20 minutes!?!

Edit: I guess I could just play some straight DM games then I wouldn't have the whole team stigma attached.

I had the same feeling trying to get this award in the team-based matches. But trust me, just because you arent taking zones or getting the flag, if you cause enough damage and give enough support with the Warhawk, youre doing plenty for your team.

Also, its MUCH hard to stay alive for 4 minutes in the air during DM because more people will be focused on taking you down.

Steroyd

Steroyd said:
I think it makes you play more like a all rounder, than anything especially if you're a stat whore, it beats getting awards just for getting kills where you could place mines all day and wait for the opposition to just run into them.

Although there are some dire awards that should be banned like killing two people with a knife award, it's hard enough trying to knife someone once.

The Warhawk thing is easy on paper all you have to do is have a competant defence in CTF and just fly around the flag in a warhawk shooting down other Warhawks, with the missile turrets on the ground bailing you out at least that's what I plan to do.

I'm reposting this because my computer was slow and by time it registered my edit there was about 7 replies.

I hate my PC. >_<

Baker

Banned
Yeah, I've found that the best way to stat/point whore is to just defend on a CTF match.

Last night I ended up with 181 points in one game (second place was 90 something). I didn't leave the base once and just killed the random enemies that popped in, then returned the flag.

icechai

I really like the ranking system, yes it does force me to do some things I normally wouldn't do (drive a jeep around 24/7 getting roadkills) but at the same time, it opens up another side of the game. Now I am much more proficient and zig-zagging and driving the flag carrier (what's funny is when they man the machine gun and someone tosses a perfect grenade and knocks them off the jeep... takes a little bit before I realize the flag isn't on my vehicle anymore hehe). Staying in a Warhawk just teaches you to collect the health power ups better and use chaff more... unless you're a douche who hides near a stealth power-up all day :lol

Steroyd

I can never seem to get roadkills.

I swear I drive over these buggers but they never die yet I have no problems accidentally running over my own team players. :/

Aleman

Steroyd said:
I can never seem to get roadkills.

I swear I drive over these buggers but they never die yet I have no problems accidentally running over my own team players. :/

Same here. I've gotten booted from a few SCEA servers due to team roadkills yet it's really hard to roll over enemies... weird.

Baker

Banned
Aleman said:
Same here. I've gotten booted from a few SCEA servers due to team roadkills yet it's really hard to roll over enemies... weird.

Umm. Why are you running over your team so many times that you booted from official servers? It can't be an accident.

tha_con

Banned
Aleman said:

I've noticed if they are running toward you, it's significantly harder to kill them, compared to when they are running away, which makes them an easy target.

Baker said:
Umm. Why are you running over your team so many times that you booted from official servers? It can't be an accident.

Oh yes it can! Trust.

especially when you team members that decide to jump on to your tank, or jeep only to be squashed.

Aleman

Baker said:

It only takes three or four teamkills to get kicked. It happens a lot in Zones when you only have one base to spawn at and everyone is trying to get out the same small exit path.

tha_con

Banned
I generally try to help out the lesser intelligent in Team Games. If I'm on foot, I run on the outside of the road. I understand that not everyone who hops in a 4x4 is courteous enough to avoid me, they have their goals in mind, and keeping me alive is rarely one that anyone is thinking about.

Baker

Banned
Captain Glanton said:
It helps if you let off the gas when you're around teammates. :D

Yeah no shit. You don't have to run around like a chicken with it's head cut off when you spawn. Take a second, don't just haul balls to the nearest gas powered do-hicky and pound R2 with no regard to what's going on around you.

+1 to whoever said to foot run on the side of the road. I learned that lesson after my first match, hehe.

Top Bottom