• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

Core407

Banned
methane47 said:
Motorbikes would be horrible ESPECIALLY for CTF matches..

4x4s are already such a huge cheat.. and you want to give people an even faster vehicle to carry the flag in??

The only fair way to introduce a motobike is to not enable flag carrying while on the bike..

Where is the 4x4 hate coming from? They're completely vulnerable and apart from the tank, are slower than all other vehicles.

Raist

Banned
Sea Manky said:
Just joined a dogfight deathmatch about five minutes in, racked up 57 kills. I think my dogfighting has improved a bit. I need to start using chaff. :p

Starting a local 4pl multiplayer game and playing alone doesn't count.

57 kills wtf seriously <_<

h3ro said:
Hmm... makes sense

There's a little bit more to it. Each zone has three levels of growth, starting with your base, which can be grown to level 3 right from the start. The higher the level, the wider the radius, and the more points/weapons/vehicles for your team. Zones outside of the base can only be expanded if they are "linked up" with neighboring zones that are also expanded. When you chain zones together you'll see the territory bleed together on the map.

If the enemy starts to cap one of your zones it'll shrink and eventually be captured, which can break your teams chain and cause any connected zones to shrink as well. Likewise if you have an enemy zone nearby that's of greater value, your zone will be blocked from expanding until you shrink or capture the opposition. It's kinda like the game Go. With cruise missiles.

The only zone that can't be completely captured is of course the home base. But it can be shrunk to level 1 temporarily, which is a useful tactic as it can cause a chain reaction (and usually a scramble).

User 406

Banned
hukasmokincaterpillar said:
There's a little bit more to it. Each zone has three levels of growth, starting with your base, which can be grown to level 3 right from the start. The higher the level, the wider the radius, and the more points/weapons/vehicles for your team. Zones outside of the base can only be expanded if they are "linked up" with neighboring zones that are also expanded. When you chain zones together you'll see the territory bleed together on the map.

If the enemy starts to cap one of your zones it'll shrink and eventually be captured, which can break your teams chain and cause any connected zones to shrink as well. Likewise if you have an enemy zone nearby that's of greater value, your zone will be blocked from expanding until you shrink or capture the opposition. It's kinda like the game Go. With cruise missiles.

The only zone that can't be completely captured is of course the home base. But it can be shrunk to level 1 temporarily, which is a useful tactic as it can cause a chain reaction (and usually a scramble).

Actually, breaking the chain of zones doesn't reduce the adjoining zones, it just prevents the accumulation of bonus points for linking. You can grow a totally isolated zone to 3 if you want. The limitations on zone growth are from nearby enemy zones. If the enemy zone is at 3, you can only grow an adjacent zone to 1. So when you take a new zone, it's important for someone to stick around and defend/grow it while others go and reduce/capture nearby zones. In this way you can capture all zones on the map aside from the enemy home base, reduce the enemy home base to 1 and grow your nearby zones to 3, thus preventing them from getting any points at all.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I have been downloading for the last 2 hours. Still not done. :( I will be ready to plat this if any clans )preferably GAF South) have an opening.

Xater

Steroyd said:
Meh seeing how i'll always be online, I guess i can be clan leader although I can't garuantee that i'll be Clan leader forever.

You do just invite people like a friends list right? I can do that, shouldn't be so hard, no pressure.

So far I have only invited people and got TTP to do a server. It would be nice if you would also organize some regular meetups. GAFu will not be a real competitive clan I guess but more of friends playing together.

If you think you can handle it I will promote you. I just don't think I will be able to do stuff like this in a timely fashion.

tha_con

Banned
I don't understand why people are so 'angry' about the 4x4's in CTF matches. You can take out a 4x4 extremely easy with a sniper rifle. Especially from a distance. Or, if you're good enough, you can use the Bino's.

It's all about organizing. You can tell when a team is organized very well, and when they aren't.

carlos

Steroyd said:
Must be you because I have all my favourites none of them has buggered off and the stats update instantly then again there's rarely anymore than 500 servers when I play.

It WAS updating instantly for me right after the fix, but then stopped doing so the next day; I hope it doesn't happen to you or anyone else out there...

It gets real annoying when its a ctf or zones game and no one is talking out there :(

Oh, and can they fix the clan invite issues already? and why oh why didnt they copy Resistance's party settings....

I swear, this is the most grief a game has ever given me that I have kept playing....

Sea Manky said:
Actually, breaking the chain of zones doesn't reduce the adjoining zones, it just prevents the accumulation of bonus points for linking. You can grow a totally isolated zone to 3 if you want. The limitations on zone growth are from nearby enemy zones. If the enemy zone is at 3, you can only grow an adjacent zone to 1. So when you take a new zone, it's important for someone to stick around and defend/grow it while others go and reduce/capture nearby zones. In this way you can capture all zones on the map aside from the enemy home base, reduce the enemy home base to 1 and grow your nearby zones to 3, thus preventing them from getting any points at all.

Ah, thanks for the correction. I've been approaching zones all wrong then. :lol

joesmokey

Smidget said:
I think the Google searches I did on this of people posting the same problem said it started with FW 1.92. I've only had Warhawk since that FW update, so I don't know anything else. Sometimes I get lucky and can play a couple of matches until I get that disconnect error code.
I also didn't get Warhawk until 1.92 was installed, so that makes it interesting.

I notice that at least today, there still aren't very many servers up just like beta :/. Maybe it's because I crashed too soon to get all of the servers loaded, but it still wasn't a moderate amount.

Hopefully the issues will get sorted out soon :/

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
fistfulofmetal said:
Figure this is relevant.

How to get to the wallpapers available on PSN? I wanna get the Warhawk ones, but I can't figure out how to get there :\

There is a Wallpaper folder on the US Store.

The only thing I wish this game had was infantry classes like Battlefield 1942 so I didn't have to run the fuck all over a map hunting for specific weapons.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
jaundicejuice said:
The only thing I wish this game had was infantry classes like Battlefield 1942 so I didn't have to run the fuck all over a map hunting for specific weapons.

Totally agree. I even offered this as an advice during the beta. Hopefully they are thinking about it.

TTP said:
There is a Wallpaper folder on the US Store.

Whaa... I'm pretty sure I'm on the US store. Where is it specifically?

jaundicejuice said:

I was just saying that when I was playing earlier. Kinda lame to have to fight with your team mates to get the rifle and grenades when you spawn.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
fistfulofmetal said:
Whaa... I'm pretty sure I'm on the US store. Where is it specifically?

2nd page of Featured Items. Bottom row.

edit: it's in the Top Downloads sections too. Just click on that.

Greg

I think the whole idea of the game was to eliminate as much choice as possible during the game so that you have the opportunity to change play styles at any point - every mode is based on being able to adapt to situations as quickly as possible...fumbling through classes won't help.

If they do classes, you run into problems regulating the number of different classes available at one time, because you know the game would be filled with a bunch of snipers and demolition people who end up being ineffective at the majority of game.

spwolf

Greg said:
I think the whole idea of the game was to eliminate as much choice as possible during the game so that you have the opportunity to change play styles at any point - every mode is based on being to adapt to situations as quickly as possible...fumbling through classes won't help.

If they do classes, you run into problems regulating the number of different classes available at one time, because you know the game would be filled with a bunch of snipers and demolition people who end up being ineffective at the majority of game.

exactly and this makes wowhawk really, really deep game... it is like 2 games in one...

SaitoH

Nice. Ranked up to Wingman. This game is far too addictive.

Question: I don't quite understand the point requirements. Is it next level minus current = xp needed, or do you start from zero for each subsequent level?

h3ro

SaitoH said:

Question: I don't quite understand the point requirements. Is it next level minus current = xp needed, or do you start from zero for each subsequent level?

Thats what I thought when I realized my point total didn't match my rank. Not the case though, its a glitch in the ranking system which is ascribing the wrong rank to your point total.

Its stopping me from getting into matches with my fellow noobz.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
SaitoH said:

It's basically the total points you need to have to achieve that rank (+ the mentioned award).

One thing I dotn get about the awards are those whose In A Round requirement ask to score 2 or more captures in a CTF. Problem being, the score limit in ranked CTF is 1. :|

Core407

Banned
TTP said:
It's basically the total points you need to have to achieve that rank (+ the mentioned award).

One thing I dotn get about the awards are those whose In A Round requirement ask to score 2 or more captures in a CTF. Problem being, the score limit in ranked CTF is 1. :|

A lot of 'em are set to 3 captures.

Steroyd

hukasmokincaterpillar said:
Ah, thanks for the correction. I've been approaching zones all wrong then. :lol

Some people think it's a fancy name for team deathmatch really need teamwork on it which is why I barely like playing that mode because I end up expanding upto 3 or 4 Zones on my own and pray the enemy doesn't try to take any defenceless ones, a full Archipelo map is a bitch to do on your lonesome.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Steroyd said:
Some people think it's a fancy name for team deathmatch really need teamwork on it which is why I barely like playing that mode because I end up expanding upto 3 or 4 Zones on my own and pray the enemy doesn't try to take any defenceless ones, a full Archipelo map is a bitch to do on your lonesome.
I know how that feels. Damn Incognito and omission of a party system.

numble

Killthee said:
I added you to the GAfs list. Expect an invite from The Jer soon.

Still waiting... this is my plea for a clan invite #4.

PSN id: numbler
GAF id: numble
PST timezone, but will join anything...

Baker

Banned
Who was in the SCEA server with me?

The other team had our flag halfway across the map in the back of a jeep. I was chasing after on foot and ran into the sniper rifle.

Seriously halfway across the map still, in two shots I capped the driver and then the flag carrier.

Never been so lucky in my life, hehe.

Loudninja

Baker said:
Who was in the SCEA server with me?

The other team had our flag halfway across the map in the back of a jeep. I was chasing after on foot and ran into the sniper rifle.

Seriously halfway across the map still, in two shots I capped the driver and then the flag carrier.

Never been so lucky in my life, hehe.

I never been that lucky, what is annoying is people put mines EVERYWHERE

Baker

Banned
Loudninja said:
I never been that lucky, what is annoying is people put mines EVERYWHERE

Yeah that usually pissed me off. I was messing around though and found out your own grenades set them off. So now when I run to a flag/hold point, I chuck a grenade by the base to set 'em off.

Loudninja

Baker said:
Yeah that usually pissed me off. I was messing around though and found out your own grenades set them off. So now when I run to a flag/hold point, I chuck a grenade by the base to set 'em off.

Yeha thye are very good for guarding flags.,.

calder

Ouch, 2 rounds on Team Noob in zones was enough for me tonight. When I'm first place on a ranked team you know it's not a good sign, as was the fact I was one of only 2 red players listed in the top 15 or whatever after the match. ;)

If you're on a bad team, zones is just sooooooooooo painful. I should have left when InfuriatedMule did, I just joined that official server because he was on it

Miguel

numble said:
Still waiting... this is my plea for a clan invite #4.

PSN id: numbler
GAF id: numble
PST timezone, but will join anything...
:lol YOU were the guy I kept knifing a few nights ago :lol

The ranking system really does weird shit. I keep seeing the rank promotion pop up for a rank way lower than what I'm currently at. Makes no sense.

User 406

Banned
calder said:
Ouch, 2 rounds on Team Noob in zones was enough for me tonight. When I'm first place on a ranked team you know it's not a good sign, as was the fact I was one of only 2 red players listed in the top 15 or whatever after the match. ;)

If you're on a bad team, zones is just sooooooooooo painful. I should have left when InfuriatedMule did, I just joined that official server because he was on it

Do what I do. If the team seems useless, just try to get badges/ribbons. Some of the requirements are pretty fun and challenging. Got the Special Ops, Oustanding Transport, and Vehicle Assault ribbons tonight.

One funny moment during a deathmatch game, I was tooling around in a jeep trying to run people over for the Outstanding Transport ribbon, and another guy got in with me. So I drive around a bit, he's shooting at everyone else, then I head for a cliffside over the water and jumped out at the last second. Poor bastard. :X

Core407

Banned
Escalation said:
The ranking system really does weird shit. I keep seeing the rank promotion pop up for a rank way lower than what I'm currently at. Makes no sense.

I got a rank for 2500 points and I only have 1500 points. Should be over 3000 at this point if it wasn't for the stat issues.

Steroyd

Xater said:
So far I have only invited people and got TTP to do a server. It would be nice if you would also organize some regular meetups. GAFu will not be a real competitive clan I guess but more of friends playing together.

If you think you can handle it I will promote you. I just don't think I will be able to do stuff like this in a timely fashion.

Yeah sure, we need to start a proper discussion on a suitable regular meetup time, no Party system makes it hard for any clan to be competitive.

mackaveli

yah ranks weird, im at a rank that needs 2500 pts and i only have 1000 ahha, so hopefully i dont get demoted.

how the hell do you get medals? i dont even understand hte requirements, whats global and IAF (i think its called) requirements mean?

Steroyd

mackaveli said:
yah ranks weird, im at a rank that needs 2500 pts and i only have 1000 ahha, so hopefully i dont get demoted.

how the hell do you get medals? i dont even understand hte requirements, whats global and IAF (i think its called) requirements mean?

Maybe the instructions says something about that I know you have to have a grand total before even thinking about getting a medal.

Baker said:
The other trick is when you're running in with a teammate, stop and let him be the first to run in. :D
Haha, I like just sitting by and watching the guy with the flag run into my mines. It's very funny. I just stand there and laugh.

Another good thing is to put two gernades on each side of a bridge and not just one. Usualy, people forget about the other side of the bridge. Also, mines can be thrown on walls. Mix it up and watch the suckers explode.

Top Bottom